Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know that there are other damage calcs out there, buuut I was trying to calc frost breath against rotom-w and im not sure it took frost breaths super effective damage into account since it's claiming to do about 2% more than ice beam. Anyone can help with that or is that just goin under the rug?

EDIT: Im having trouble getting an image on here atm, but yeah just calc frost breath vs any water type rly you'll see what I mean.

So I know that there are other damage calcs out there, buuut I was trying to calc frost breath against rotom-w and im not sure it took frost breaths super effective damage into account since it's claiming to do about 2% more than ice beam. Anyone can help with that or is that just goin under the rug?

EDIT: Im having trouble getting an image on here atm, but yeah just calc frost breath vs any water type rly you'll see what I mean.
Frost Breath is always-crit, Freeze Dry is the one that's super-effective against water types.

On PS, you have Huntail banned with the combination of Shell Smash+Sucker Punch. This makes sense, as Sucker Punch is available only via Gen 4 Move Tutor, and Shell Smash is a Clamperl move in Gen 5.

Or rather, it DID make sense. However, now, in ORAS, Huntail can get Sucker Punch by Level Up (Level 23, if I recall correctly), so the combination is legal.

On PS, you have Huntail banned with the combination of Shell Smash+Sucker Punch. This makes sense, as Sucker Punch is available only via Gen 4 Move Tutor, and Shell Smash is a Clamperl move in Gen 5.

Or rather, it DID make sense. However, now, in ORAS, Huntail can get Sucker Punch by Level Up (Level 23, if I recall correctly), so the combination is legal.
Is it banned in ORAS OU? Everything other than ORAS OU and Balanced Hackmons doesn't allow unreleased things.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
This one might be big Slayer95, although I am unsure:

[20:34] smashly: what the fuck
[20:34] smashly: fuck this shit
[20:34] smashly: lost 3 more battles with these uncaught nodes
[20:35] @WreckDra: ?
[20:35] smashly: fix your shit
[20:35] %Minority Suspect: smashly
[20:35] @WreckDra: uncaught nodes ?_?
[20:35] smashly: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvf4gcpbqry630l/Screenshot%202014-11-12%2020.26.50.png?dl=0
[20:35] %Minority Suspect: its probs your comp
[20:35] %Minority Suspect: not PS!
[20:35] Rarycaris: It would be lovely to face ONE person in ubers doubles whose opening turn isn't Mega-Kanga Fake Out, GeoXern.
[20:35] smashly: no it's not
[20:35] %Minority Suspect: well it has to be on your end
[20:36] %Minority Suspect: your comp / internet
[20:36] smashly: http://shapeshed.com/uncaught-exceptions-in-node/
[20:36] smashly: no it's not
Muk joined
[20:36] smashly: it's because of a programming error in the app
[20:36] smashly: read

Either way, some logic was broken with the tooltips it looks like.

edit: https://imgur.com/Rl795wK I reposted the screenshot here since I dunno if dropbox works for all

Last edited:
This one might be big Slayer95, although I am unsure:

[20:34] smashly: what the fuck
[20:34] smashly: fuck this shit
[20:34] smashly: lost 3 more battles with these uncaught nodes
[20:35] @WreckDra: ?
[20:35] smashly: fix your shit
[20:35] %Minority Suspect: smashly
[20:35] @WreckDra: uncaught nodes ?_?
[20:35] smashly: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvf4gcpbqry630l/Screenshot%202014-11-12%2020.26.50.png?dl=0
[20:35] %Minority Suspect: its probs your comp
[20:35] %Minority Suspect: not PS!
[20:35] Rarycaris: It would be lovely to face ONE person in ubers doubles whose opening turn isn't Mega-Kanga Fake Out, GeoXern.
[20:35] smashly: no it's not
[20:35] %Minority Suspect: well it has to be on your end
[20:36] %Minority Suspect: your comp / internet
[20:36] smashly: no it's not
Muk joined
[20:36] smashly: it's because of a programming error in the app
[20:36] smashly: read

Either way, some logic was broken with the tooltips it looks like.

edit: https://imgur.com/Rl795wK I reposted the screenshot here since I dunno if dropbox works for all
Should be fixed on the next (automatic) update.

Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde should all be restricted to having an IV of 31 in at least three stats due to that being the case in-game when catching them; I was able to take a 31/0/30/30/30/30 Xerneas into a game on the Ubers (Suspect Test) ladder. The restriction should also be the case for Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres in VGC'14.
This does mean that Hidden Power Fighting is illegal on Gen6 caught Pokemon in the Undiscovered Egg Group.

So, according to the official website (pokemon.com), they have a picture of a Blaziken using Ice Punch in ORAS.

As a result, Ice Punch needs to be added to Blaziken's ORAS movepool. (It was not in the demo dump, so understandable why this would go un-noticed.)

So, according to the official website (pokemon.com), they have a picture of a Blaziken using Ice Punch in ORAS.

As a result, Ice Punch needs to be added to Blaziken's ORAS movepool. (It was not in the demo dump, so understandable why this would go un-noticed.)

Interesting fact. However, since we currently have no way to know how Blaziken gets Ice Punch, it can't be added yet.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader

It didn't go unnoticed, but the official site also had a picture of Diancie using Power Gem and it doesn't learn that by any method.

If Blaziken learns Ice Punch it would be by level since all Pokemon that appear in the demo have altered level up movepools, and it's not part of its egg moves or tutor moves. It's not really out of the question for it to get a move by level and not by tutor since Tornadus learns Air Cutter by level and not by tutor if we assume the demo has the final tutor lists. Either way, better to wait and see.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Sorry if this has already been posted

We were having problems disqualifying an inactive player in a tournament we were hosting earlier in the Monotype room. First of all the timer which was set to 4 minutes, failed to disqualify even after 10+ minutes of inactivity. We then tried to manually dq using /tour disqualify name, this resulted in the message "You aren't in this tournament" to display in bold where normally the text saying "player has been disqualified" would show. I(a driver), our Room Owner Chandelurist and Asgdf(global mod) all got the same message displayed. However when I asked the other 2 players still in the tour if I could test what was wrong by attempting to dq them, the system worked perfectly. I believe it's because the player we were trying to dq had changed alt, and we couldn't dq either their main account or their alt despite it usually working for these kind of situations.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: hs
brave bird

Have you tried not using a custom style?
Reporting glitches of the user interface makes no sense unless the page is unmodified.

Also, which move are you trying to use?
and the user style works fine on all other formats

Last edited by a moderator:
Introduction
[00:25] <woodchuck> and if people are mad tell them to be angry at me​
This thread is dedicated to reporting bugs in Pokemon Showdown, with special attention given to incorrect move implementations.
Issues with sprites go in another thread.
If you don't want to report a bug, but rather to ask a question use the SQSA threads about Pokémon or about the simulator.
This is not the place to post if you're having trouble connecting or if you have a feature request. It is ALSO not the place to post about problems with the ladder.

Rules
Before reporting a bug,
  • ...check the lists of Not Bugs and Known Bugs in the post below.
  • ...look up the relevant moves/abilities/items on Veekun and the first post of the Smogon Research thread. Don't look on Serebii, Bulbapedia, or Smogon's own dex, they are too unreliable.
  • ...if your problem involves incorrect damage, include your damage calculation. This is my damage calculator of choice, but there are plenty of others.
  • ...make sure your opponent's pokemon isn't Zorua/Zoroark
  • ...save a replay (the "Share" button, or alternately the "/savereplay" command), generate a screenshot or copy the FULL log of the battle to include in your post
  • ...make sure no one has reported this bug on, say, the last page or two of the thread. No one expects you to go through the whole thread, but it's kind of ridiculous when three posts in a row report the same problem.
  • ...make sure this bug exists on the official server, and with no custom styles enabled.

If you are posting a screenshot, PLEASE put HIDE tags around it. No one likes having their browser stretched by an enormous image.
when a pokemon uses phantom force, it can still be attacked on the turn it disappears. as far as I can tell, this doesn't happen to any other two-turn moves like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)