Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-randombattle-211443496

In this battle, Zoroark appears as a Mantine and then has its Illusion broken. However, after switching out, the Zoroark then reappears as Heatmor throughout the rest of the battle. Is this supposed to happen?
This is not a bug. Whenever Zoroark switches in, it will take on a new illusion as long as it's not in the last slot of the team. Also for future reference, you should save a replay and post that link instead of the actual battle because battle rooms expire after a certain amount of time, meaning you can't join them to see what happened.
Belue Berry's type in Natural Gift is NVE against Water, whatever it is at the moment. This is incorrect. It should be Electric.

EDIT: Further testing tells me it's Ice. The implementation on Ganlon, which has the same BP and type, is correct.
Fixed.

Roar is -6 priority. It would still be -5 priority with Prankster.
was it changed i remember using that trick in gen V?

Edit The bug i think was that copycat didnt copy it from the turn before and give it priority and i mistook it for that ill try to record that

was it changed i remember using that trick in gen V?

Edit The bug i think was that copycat didnt copy it from the turn before and give it priority and i mistook it for that ill try to record that
That's also not a bug. Copycat no longer copies phasing moves as of gen 6.

Not Canadian

always start with a bang
Sorry to bother you nice people (thanks again sirDonovan) again about this, but I went through the Natural Gift file again after testing it, only to see that it was still doing NVE damage as of now.

Code:
belueberry: {
inherit: true,
naturalGift: {
basePower: 60,
type: "Electric"
Belue Berry has a BP of 80 along with its Electric type. That being said, I'm not sure either why it still registered as NVE...does the change only take effect after restart?

This is not a bug. Whenever Zoroark switches in, it will take on a new illusion as long as it's not in the last slot of the team. Also for future reference, you should save a replay and post that link instead of the actual battle because battle rooms expire after a certain amount of time, meaning you can't join them to see what happened.
Silly me! I've never seen this behavior in battle before. Sorry.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Sorry to bother you nice people (thanks again sirDonovan) again about this, but I went through the Natural Gift file again after testing it, only to see that it was still doing NVE damage as of now.

Code:
belueberry: {
inherit: true,
naturalGift: {
basePower: 60,
type: "Electric"
Belue Berry has a BP of 80 along with its Electric type. That being said, I'm not sure either why it still registered as NVE...does the change only take effect after restart?
This is now fixed as well, the changes will be live after the next server restart.

Hey there. I have met an issue that when I use Magma Storm and trap a pokémon, it is able to switch out, despite the description of the move saying it can't do so.

Hey there. I have met an issue that when I use Magma Storm and trap a pokémon, it is able to switch out, despite the description of the move saying it can't do so.
Do you have a replay? I suspect you either used it against a ghost type, they were holding Shed Shell, or this was after the user of Magma Storm already fainted/switched out.

You probably misclicked on a move that wasn't Protect, which didn't have priority. Excadrill's Sand Force would make it have higher speed, even with tailwind.
99.9% sure i didn't misclick it happened in previous games before too just happens that I got sick of it happening that I decided to save the replay and make an account to post a bug.

How eagerly is the client supposed to identify a Pokémon's ability? One case was when a Delphox obtained its opponent's item (an Assault Vest if I recall correctly). Then there was another time I was watching a battle which might have been AAA or Hackmons Challenge Cup; a Pokémon with Drizzle came on to the field but its ability was not identified; it later switched in while Delta Stream was in effect and its ability did then get identified by the client.

Do you have a replay? I suspect you either used it against a ghost type, they were holding Shed Shell, or this was after the user of Magma Storm already fainted/switched out.
Oh, it doesn't trap Ghosts? My bad then. I used it against a Sableye. My bad, sorry for the nuisance.

I've noticed that Gloom has Body Slam in its Gen 1 Random Battle moveset, but it can't learn Body Slam in Gen 1 or any gen for that matter.

According to Bulbapedia, critical hits ignore halved Attack state from Burn in Generations I and II but not in Generations III-VI. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Critical_hit)
I have experienced something contrary, however. As seen on an attached replay (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-212011330), in turn 3 Ferroseed is burned before it uses Bullet Seed. 4 hits from Bullet Seed deal damage equivalent to 8% of its target's maximum HP, whereas a critical hit deals damage equivalent to 24% of its target's maximum HP. As the damage was tripled and critical hit multiplies the damage by 1.5, the damage was doubled by another factor which seems to be ignoring the Burn, which should not take place.

According to Bulbapedia, critical hits ignore halved Attack state from Burn in Generations I and II but not in Generations III-VI. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Critical_hit)
I have experienced something contrary, however. As seen on an attached replay (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-212011330), in turn 3 Ferroseed is burned before it uses Bullet Seed. 4 hits from Bullet Seed deal damage equivalent to 8% of its target's maximum HP, whereas a critical hit deals damage equivalent to 24% of its target's maximum HP. As the damage was tripled and critical hit multiplies the damage by 1.5, the damage was doubled by another factor which seems to be ignoring the Burn, which should not take place.
That's just a damage roll, http://puu.sh/g2UUB/8cdf612725.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)