Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Future Sight is boosted by Specs in game but not on Showdown. Reported by Mazary.
This is only a bug if it's not getting boosted while the user of the move is still on the field when it hits. (Is that what's happening?)

It's completely intentional that Choice Specs doesn't boost Future Sight if the user is switched out when damage gets calculated, because items and Abilities stop existing while inactive. This is probably a good thing to point out in the second post so I'm going to add it in right now.

This is only a bug if it's not getting boosted while the user of the move is still on the field when it hits. (Is that what's happening?)

It's completely intentional that Choice Specs doesn't boost Future Sight if the user is switched out when damage gets calculated, because items and Abilities stop existing while inactive. This is probably a good thing to point out in the second post so I'm going to add it in right now.
Ah, wasn't aware of that mechanic. Thanks for the info.

I found something weird in gen 1 : The string shot glitch. The opponent used string shot and nothing happened ! The move didn't miss and the speed didn't decrease. It's not even a 256 miss and there was no substitute to block the attack

I made a video of it in 2 parts : The battle where the glitch happened and a custom battle with Awesomegamingz where we tried to trigger the glitch twice

The video is here :

The Gen 1 random battle replay with the glitch in it is here : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-277559914

unfortunately my clipboard has cleared so i havae no evidence but i was playing random battles and icicle crash seemed bugged, my mamoswine used ice shard on mega aero and it was super effective, i used icicle crash and it was neutral, i tried using it again to make sure and it was still neutral, i used ice shard again and it was still super effective.

unfortunately my clipboard has cleared so i havae no evidence but i was playing random battles and icicle crash seemed bugged, my mamoswine used ice shard on mega aero and it was super effective, i used icicle crash and it was neutral, i tried using it again to make sure and it was still neutral, i used ice shard again and it was still super effective.
Sigh......it most definitely used roost on the turn it was neutral.

For some reason, replays are down so I won't be able to post my replay of this, but I had a game where it came down to PP stall, and my Mega Sableye was magicbouncing the opponent's dusclops' willowisps. However, every time he used a will-o-wisp and it was bounced, it used up one of my will-o-wisp pps as well. I'm pretty sure this is not a normal mechanic.

For some reason, replays are down so I won't be able to post my replay of this, but I had a game where it came down to PP stall, and my Mega Sableye was magicbouncing the opponent's dusclops' willowisps. However, every time he used a will-o-wisp and it was bounced, it used up one of my will-o-wisp pps as well. I'm pretty sure this is not a normal mechanic.
Were you using Will-O-Wisp too with your M-Sableye? If Dusclops had Pressure as its ability, then your M-Sableye would've used two PP instead of one every time it used Will-O-Wisp (and every other move by extension).

My items appear without caps or spaces, so mag has "choicescarf" instead of "Choice Scarf', might be a bug with the script though since noone else i asked was having it (im using the script to be able to chall/tour battle when ladder was down)

Hello!
Tricked an air balloon to an enemy, also received an air ballon. (Rotom and Dialga)
However, when my Pokemon attacked the enemy Pokemon, my ballon popped instead of it's.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-281878972
That's a visual bug from the looks of it. Your Air Balloon had already popped, so when you used Trick you received his balloon and he was given nothing but the balloon tag remained. When you used Thunderbolt it didn't pop his nonexistent balloon but when he used Thunderbolt on you it popped yours that you got from Trick.

So, this is pretty strange, it's a minor bug, but i'm still curious since i do not know what may have triggered it. I challenged a friend of mine (global voice, room owner in the private subroom i was in) while he was under alt (roomvoice in said private room), but since he went back to his main alt right before the challenge got redirected to the main alt, like it should've. The only weird thing about it is that the rank symbol near the name was neither # nor +, but the first letter of the nick as you can see in this screenshot: https://imgur.com/93yatB1
just wondering if it should be normal or not

According to Bulbapedia (and Serebii), Knock Off is supposed to have 25 Base PP (40 on simulator) in Gen VI. However, in Gen VI battles I've played on the simulator, Knock Off has 32 PP (corresponding to 20 base PP). I can confirm that in-game on my AS cart, Knock Off has 25 PP before using any PP ups. This should be high priority, as it is very significant in the BH metagame, as it turns Knock Off into an even better move for PP stalling.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Ah yes the reliable Bulbapedia.

It has 20 PP in-game in Gen 6. You can't get 25 PP with PP Ups so I'm not sure what you're looking at.

In this battle Mienshao was holding an eject button, although on Turn 1 Mienshao was hit by Nidoking's sludge wave and the eject button did not activate. Here is the replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-283836203 . I promise you that Mienshao was holding the eject button.
"- Sheer Force prevents the user's Life Orb recoil and Shell Bell recovery, as well as the target's Color Change, Pickpocket, Red Card, Eject Button, Kee Berry, and Maranga Berry from activating only when using moves that have a secondary effect removed by Sheer Force."

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Found in Hackmons Cup. Desolate land did not disappear after switching out, then my pokemon got hurt by solar power.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmonscup-284220768
Alomomola traced Desolate Land which allowed the weather condition to stay on the field after Magnezone switched out. Then there's Solar Power damage due to Desolate Land still being on the field to trigger it.

Those errors messages are definitely a bug though.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
When trying to play a doubles match, I got this message:

"Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

Diancie may not be shiny."

If there's some reasoning behind that then I'm curious to know it, but if not then I guess it's a bug. After some testing it actually lets shiny Mega Diancie go just fine, but if regular Diancie is set to shiny the error pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)