Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :)

ATM it looks like Ash-Greninja is locked to the IVs it gets in game 20/31/20/31/20/31. IIRC it is IV locked, which is fine, but bottle caps can fix it :)

Also Zygarde gets the same error as Ash-Greninja when you try to enter different IVs: "Zygarde is only obtainable via event - it needs to match one of its events" but he isn't IV locked to my knowledge

As a side note, changing his ability to Power Construct from Aura break only yields the "Zygarde's ability Power Construct is banned by [Gen 7] OU"
BUT! having a shiny and Power Construct Zygarde leads to the following errors:

- Zygarde's ability Power Construct is banned by [Gen 7] OU.
- Zygarde is only obtainable via event - it needs to match one of its events.

So! It seems to me that Showdown thinks the only ability Zygarde can have is Power Construct, which isn't true, since it has Aura Break by default at both 10% and 50% and only gets Power Construct when you have all 100 cells, which is at no point mandatory to construct a Zygarde.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-486178932

On turn 25, my z-move did 19% when the minimum damage it should do is 23% because protect on z-moves lowers it to 1/4th damage, though this is the roll normally (same hp spread and nature). +2 252 Atk Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 164 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 315-372 (97.8 - 115.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
That calc is base 140 shadow claw because it's z-move.

I believe that Illusion is bugged. It seems to make Zoroark swap team slots with the pokemon it imitates, effectively making the ability work once per battle.
Example: you bring out Zoroark who is in slot 2 to imitate Blissey in slot 6. Illusion causes Zoroark to swap places with Blissey, making Blissey slot 2 and Zoroark slot 6, which prevents the ability from working again that battle.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-486374384

Last edited:
Golisopod's Emergency Exit should trigger if he is knocked under 50% HP. However, if Golisopod is knocked under 50% HP by an enemy with Sheer Force, Emergency Exit does not trigger. I figure it has something to do with the switch-mechanic somehow being considered part of the move used, which Sheer Force then negates due to it being a 'bonus effect'.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-486343650
You're right about why that happens. However, this is actually how it works in the game, because Sheer Force is weird.
I believe that Illusion is bugged. It seems to make Zoroark swap team slots with the pokemon it imitates, effectively making the ability work once per battle.
Example: you bring out Zoroark who is in slot 2 to imitate Blissey in slot 6. Illusion causes Zoroark to swap places with Blissey, making Blissey slot 2 and Zoroark slot 6, which prevents the ability from working again that battle.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-486374384
Blissey wasn't in slot 6, and Zoroark wasn't in slot 2. As is clear in turn 1, Slaking is in slot six. When you swapped out your Zoroark disguised as Slaking for the real Slaking on turn 6, Zoroark got put into the last slot, which makes Illusion not work.

Blissey wasn't in slot 6, and Zoroark wasn't in slot 2. As is clear in turn 1, Slaking is in slot six. When you swapped out your Zoroark disguised as Slaking for the real Slaking on turn 6, Zoroark got put into the last slot, which makes Illusion not work.
I was making an example of how the bug works, not referring to the replay. Or in case you meant to say this is an intended feature, I don't think it should be and to my memory it hasn't been in the past (at least not on PO).

I was making an example of how the bug works, not referring to the replay. Or in case you meant to say this is an intended feature, I don't think it should be and to my memory it hasn't been in the past (at least not on PO).
Zoroark's Illusion won't work if it switches in from the last slot. That's how it works on sim, that's how it works in-game, and that's what happened in the replay. That said, if the replay didn't actually show the bug in action, why did you include it?

Zoroark's Illusion won't work if it switches in from the last slot. That's how it works on sim, that's how it works in-game, and that's what happened in the replay. That said, if the replay didn't actually show the bug in action, why did you include it?
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Has there been an update in the actual games where pokemon switch slots with each other when they're called in (effectively making Zoroark's ability one use per battle) and showdown just reflects that (I wouldn't know because I only play the emulator)? If not, then I don't get what you're going on about.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Has there been an update in the actual games where pokemon switch slots with each other when they're called in (effectively making Zoroark's ability one use per battle) and showdown just reflects that (I wouldn't know because I only play the emulator)? If not, then I don't get what you're going on about.
Yes, team order is dynamically affected by switching during battle. To my knowledge, this has never not been the case. However, switching Zoroark with any Pokémon other than the one in the last slot will allow it to keep using Illusion throughout the battle. If you do end up with Zoroark in the last slot though, switching it in and out again so it gets out of the last slot would allow you to use Illusion again.

Yes, team order is dynamically affected by switching during battle. To my knowledge, this has never not been the case. However, switching Zoroark with any Pokémon other than the one in the last slot will allow it to keep using Illusion throughout the battle. If you do end up with Zoroark in the last slot though, switching it in and out again so it gets out of the last slot would allow you to use Illusion again.
Oh all right they changed it from what I remember then, I know for sure it wasn't the case at least on the PO emulator as I remember I always put it in slot 1 or 2 so it could still use illusion when things started fainting. Maybe it was just an oddity on PO, don't know. Guess that was that cleared up anyway... what a bummer for Zoroark.

Screenshots hidden below:

I have been having this problem recently where I go into a battle using this team and Showdown does not recieve the inputs that I put on. However, I can chat in chat rooms within the game itself and in rooms like lobby just fine. The coder in me thinks it is linked to Z-Heal Block, as that is not a common Z Move so it isn't a common issue. In addition, it allows me to pick my team but I have not gotten past turn 1. I have not been able to battle using this team, but I have been able to battle using other teams.

Replay link hidden below:

EDIT: This is the same issue that seems to be happening for Extreme Evoboost as well.

Last edited:
When using Golosipod and a sitrus berry,emergency exit still activates if healed over half with the berry, which is not how the ability works in-game.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Also, can you Encore Conversion in-game? Both of these questions are pretty crucial to what's going on in Little Cup right now lol.
Tested what I think was the spirit of this, and confirmed that you cannot encore Z-Conversion in game(the message displayed should be the standard failure message).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-486920710

That is not implemented correctly at the moment, and technically has bearing on LC's current suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)