Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
A tournament autostart didn't kick in properly. VGC's roombot started a tournament and set autostart to be two minutes, which seems to have gone through, but it didn't actually start the tournament; eventually, a room staff member manually started it. This happened June 24th in the VGC room.

[12:34:35] |tournament|autostart|on|120000
[12:34:35] (The tournament auto start timer was set to 2 by BoTTT III)

The manual start didn't occur until a while later, because no one noticed I guess. The logs don't indicate if a staff member manually starts the tournament, it seems, but it was a manual start in this case.
[12:52:57] |tournament|start
I finally managed to be able to replicate this. If there is only 1 user in the join queue, the tournament won't start because there is only 1 player. Autostart only checks to start the tournament once, so if there's only 1 player in the join queue at the end of the autostart timer, it just won't ever autostart. I can think of three solutions to this:
  1. Automatically start the room tour on the next player joining.
  2. Automatically end the tour (if only 1 player showed up, it's probably not going to generate much further players)
  3. Automatically apply another tour autostart (if that even works).

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Now that the showdown calc is calc.pokemonshowdown.com, the forums button on the damage calc page directs to calc.pokemonshowdown.com/forums which doesn't exist, same for the other buttons except play and replays

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-960982309 on turn 12 Xatu took life orb damage when using night shade. Bulbapedia says: “Life Orb does not damage the holder if the move cannot have its power boosted by the Life Orb.”
That only applies to Status Moves. So the Pokemon still take Life Orb recoil from Night Shade even though its power isn't boosted.
Who told you this? Did you test it yourself?
Using Night Shade with a Pokemon holding Life Orb will cause the user to take Life Orb recoil damage, in contrast to Bulbapedia. As an interesting aside, OHKO moves also take Life Orb recoil.

The link "Snatchable moves" in /dt snatch as well as "Mirrorable moves" in /dt mirror move are both dead. They link to https://%24%7Bconfig.routes.dex%7D/moves/snatch and https://%24%7Bconfig.routes.dex%7D/moves/mirrormove respectively.

IN the original game Hiddden Power Can Hit Shedinja If the hidden power type is super effective, (for example bug is weak to ice fire rock and ghost is weak to Ghost And dark types)
Neither of those hidden power types managed to hit shedinja. while in the real games It work.
I'm pretty sure this is a glitch, Can you fix it? this is kind of problematic..Because in monotypes i can't even use hidden power for coverage because if i meet a shedinja my electric team is dead. because i can't hit it even with super effective moves (only alolan golem can hit shedinja's)

IN the original game Hiddden Power Can Hit Shedinja If the hidden power type is super effective, (for example bug is weak to ice fire rock and ghost is weak to Ghost And dark types)
Neither of those hidden power types managed to hit shedinja. while in the real games It work.
I'm pretty sure this is a glitch, Can you fix it? this is kind of problematic..Because in monotypes i can't even use hidden power for coverage because if i meet a greninja my electric team is dead. because i can't hit it even with super effective moves (only alolan golem can hit shedinja's)
Can you show us a replay?

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm pretty sure this is a glitch, Can you fix it? this is kind of problematic..Because in monotypes i can't even use hidden power for coverage because if i meet a shedinja my electric team is dead. because i can't hit it even with super effective moves (only alolan golem can hit shedinja's)
Ice is not super effective against Bug, so if you tried to hit Shedinja with HP Ice, that's probably the issue

With that being said, I wasn't aware ice wasn'T super effective vs bugs, i don't think i saved a replay., But no it was with HP fire, and it occured. it was the first time it occured i also specified that Each of the types i'Ve tried Didn't work (i have a lot of HP mons...) and i encountered another shedinja and it worked just fine.
Anyone has a explanation ?

I was playing a Cross Evolution game and my Vullaby used earthquake on a Magmar-Serperior, but this message popped off:

Gyarados used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the opposing Serperior...

Also, a question mark appeared in the enemy team's pokémon, and the Magmar-Serperior didn't have Magmar's appearance, as if I couldn't see the image. The typing also appeared as ???. This is the replay (turn 14 and 15):

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7crossevolution-961916597

Last edited:
I was playing a Cross Evolution game and my Vullaby used earthquake on a Magmar-Serperior, but this message popped off:

Gyarados used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the opposing Serperior...

Also, a question mark appeared in the enemy team's pokémon, and the Magmar-Serperior didn't have Magmar's appearance, as if I couldn't see the image. This is the replay (turn 14 and 15):

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7crossevolution-961916597
I'm not super familiar with how Cross Evolution works, but seeing as how neither Magmar nor Serperior learned Sucker Punch, my guess is that it was actually Murkrow-Zoroark.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
With that being said, I wasn't aware ice wasn'T super effective vs bugs, i don't think i saved a replay., But no it was with HP fire, and it occured. it was the first time it occured i also specified that Each of the types i'Ve tried Didn't work (i have a lot of HP mons...) and i encountered another shedinja and it worked just fine.
Without a replay, we cannot explain. just check your hidden power type and/or save the replay next time.

Last edited:
HP Fire can hit Shedinja on PS. You must've mistaken it for something else.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-961972676

PiPlacid

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hi guys! I want to report that in the command /punishments there isn't the permalock. I know there isn't a command to permalock, but the command "/punishment" is used to take information, it's not a list of commands to lock.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but !code in PM removes blank lines which is mildly annoying when you're trying to space something properly

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
PS Admin
Unaware is bugged with spread moves: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2019ultraseries-962732130
See input log: https://pastebin.com/r3r2y5zV

Turn 5, Xerneas's +2 Dazzling Gleam into Pyukumuku dealt ~66% damage, which is only possible if the Pyukumuku was taking damage as if it was +2 Sp. Atk, not +0. Input log confirmed the spreads and Abilities.

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 204+ SpD Pyukumuku: 46-55 (28.3 - 33.9%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
This seems hard to fix but it's a bug and thus it belongs here.

Using /logout while you're in a tournament makes your user object go haywire and replaces you with a guest in the tournament, then if you return after you cannot participate in the tour.

Possible fix might be having tournaments remember a user's id even after logging out so it can restore them if they come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)