Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm mentioning this here because it's really the best place to put this.
I've been having issues with the Team Builder, it keeps giving my Pokemon the wrong move.
I had naturally assumed that I was the one at fault, but I caught the issue happening to my Salazzle's moveset just a few moments ago.
It wasn't just with Dragon Pulse, it happened with Sludge Wave as well. The issue kept happening until I removed all my moves and replaced them, as you'll see.View attachment 219877View attachment 219878View attachment 219879View attachment 219880View attachment 219881View attachment 219882View attachment 219883
Could you provide larger images? The ones here are so small that it's hard to make out any of the text.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
When I click "Restore teams from backups" and paste something, the save button doesn't do anything.
Sounds like you have corrupted team data, it will not do anything so you don't lose your existing teams. If you send me your team data I can check and potentially repair it.

A minor visual bug with the ability Normalize:
Status moves become normal type with this ability, and though sim DOES correctly treat those moves as if they were normal. (This makes a difference with thunder wave and abilities like dry skin, water absorb, and flash fire) However, the move selection screens says that status moves are the original type of the move rather than normal type. Though this bug isn’t too important, it could definitely confuse someone playing aaa or bh who is wondering why gengar is immune to their thunder wave.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have corrupted team data, it will not do anything so you don't lose your existing teams. If you send me your team data I can check and potentially repair it.
Apparently it does delete all existing teams. I didn't know this earlier because I tested it without existing teams. Here's one paste that causes the save button to delete all teams.
Grubbin
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP
IVs: 0 Atk
- Snore
Do valid pastes need to have the === [format name] team name === at the top?

Although no retreat fails if used a second time under normal circumstances, it is possible to use it more than once without failing if falinks is trapped before the first use, as stated by bulbapedia: “If the user has already been given the "Can't Escape" status by another move such as Mean Look, No Retreat will successfully grant its stat boosts but will not create an additional status line to trap the user again. In this case, using No Retreat multiple times will create multiple boosts.”
Of course, this is all guessing that patch 1.1 in sw/sh didn’t change this. This may also need testing before implemented in order to answer questions like “if falinks is freed after using no retreat, will the falinks become trapped by no retreat immediately or will that only happen if no retreat is used again?”
Thanks for the answer, I just tested it in in Pokemon Sword, they did update it. Before the update you were able to use No Retreat multiple times but now you have get Mean Look or something like that to be able to repeat it.
What about Decorate not going through Max Guard? :)

Thanks for the answer, I just tested it in in Pokemon Sword, they did update it. Before the update you were able to use No Retreat multiple times but now you have get Mean Look or something like that to be able to repeat it.
What about Decorate not going through Max Guard? :)
This wasn’t actually a response to your report, it was a new bug report entirely. I probably should have specified that in the report...
So the bug is that the can’t escape status line from no retreat is applied in the sim even if falinks is already trapped, therefore causing additional no retreats to fail. (Which, as stated in the previous post, is not how it works in the game.) I actually have no idea if decorate goes through max guard, sorry about that.

Last edited:
A bug that only applies to AAA:
Though the only legal trapping ability in this format is magnet pull, the “you might be trapped” system does not work properly for it. Theoretically, as long as the pokemon on your side of the field is a steel type (and not holding a shed shell or otherwise untrappable) and the opponent’s ability is not yet revealed, there should be a “you might be trapped” message on your switching menu. (Because your opponent might have magnet pull.) However, what actually happens is that it only says “you might be trapped” if your opponent ACTUALLY has magnet pull, which basically ruins the whole idea of “you might be trapped”.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Dragon Darts working against a Fairy Type.

Clefable switched into a Dragon Darts and it did damage. Used it again and it worked again. No type changes or anything.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1051766588
Maybe your Clefable was holding Ring Target.
The issue was clefable was holding a ring target yes.
Apparently it does delete all existing teams. I didn't know this earlier because I tested it without existing teams. Here's one paste that causes the save button to delete all teams.
Grubbin
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP
IVs: 0 Atk
- Snore
Do valid pastes need to have the === [format name] team name === at the top?
I'm unsure right now, it currently deletes all teams? Ok that needs to be fixed.

You do appear to need the header for teams when using backup/restore all teams, if you just have a single team to import create an empty team and click import/export.

And if anyone else is wondering, If I don't reply to your post I either don't know if its a bug (needs testing in-game) or I know its a bug.

Last edited:

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this is a bug but Serebii and PS seem to disagree on the base power of the Max Move for Rock Smash. Serebii says it should be 70, while PS says it's 10.

dyna-rs.PNG

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Not sure if this is a bug but Serebii and PS seem to disagree on the base power of the Max Move for Rock Smash. Serebii says it should be 70, while PS says it's 10.

View attachment 219980
Visual bug - when calculating server side its using 70 but tooltips are 10 for some reason. I'll add this to my existing max move tooltips patch.
Edit: done, not live yet since the change is still in review but its only a matter of time.

Last edited:
In generation 2, the set for Pikachu that is listed on smogon is not allowed. The set is Thunder or thunderbolt/ surf/sing/hp fire. It will not allow surf and sing on the same set, saying that it is has moves from before gen 2, and that it is not compatible with its moves from pichu. So either the smogon set is incorrect or this is an error.

Something that I have noticed about protection and fail checks is that protection has priority over failing. This can be seen with last resort, (as shown in the replay) counter, mirror coat, etc. Though this is kinda weird and VERY annoying when you use a contact move that should’ve failed, it’s just how the game works. I might be wrong about this and protection SHOULDN’T have priority over failing, but I think that’s how sw/sh work too.

Something that I have noticed about protection and fail checks is that protection has priority over failing. This can be seen with last resort, (as shown in the replay) counter, mirror coat, etc. Though this is kinda weird and VERY annoying when you use a contact move that should’ve failed, it’s just how the game works. I might be wrong about this and protection SHOULDN’T have priority over failing, but I think that’s how sw/sh work too.
King's Shield will activate against immune hits, but not when the move would 'fail' otherwise.

Ingame: https://streamable.com/mt59y

Oh so I guess it IS a bug then...
This also happens with the other contact trigger protection moves, as I have personally experienced counter dropping my defense in simulator singles because it hit into obstruct.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
The interaction between emergency exit and wandering spirit is bugged.
On pokemon showdown, if a pokemon with EE makes contact with a pokemon with wandering spirit, the interaction goes like this:
1.Wandering spirit switches abilities
2. If the attack brought the pokemon that used to have wandering spirit down below half health, emergency exit activates for them.
However, on switch, it goes like this:
1. The abilities exchange.
2. Nothing else happens. (emergency exit will not trigger)
Therefore, this interaction does not work properly, unless it is based on the speed of the pokemon involved. In that case, this requires further testing.

EDIT: This interaction suggests that the priority of wandering spirit over the triggering of other effects in general may be incorrect. (like perhaps WS triggers before a stat boost/drop from the move that triggered it in PS but it happens after those changes on Switch) So I might want to dig deeper on this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)