Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I make a team in Gen 1 I'm unable to use an Exeggutor with 'stun spore' and 'stomp'. I get the message "Exeggutor has the combination of Exeggutor + Stun Spore + Stomp, which is impossible to obtain legitimately." Both Stun Spore and Stomp are allowed, so I don't understand why I can't use them together.
In gen 1, Exeggutor can only learn Stun Spore as an Exeggcute, and does so at level 32. However, by that point, it will be past the point at which is can learn Stomp, which it learns only as an Exeggutor at level 28. And because gen 1 doesn't have a move reminder, it isn't possible to learn Stomp if you evolve Exeggcute past level 28 which, as we've established, is necessary if you want to learn Stun Spore.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When I make a team in Gen 1 I'm unable to use an Exeggutor with 'stun spore' and 'stomp'. I get the message "Exeggutor has the combination of Exeggutor + Stun Spore + Stomp, which is impossible to obtain legitimately." Both Stun Spore and Stomp are allowed, so I don't understand why I can't use them together.
Stomp is learned at level 28 as an exeggutor, and stun spore is learned at level 32 only as an exeggute, and iirc, there's no move reminder in gen 1. I could be wrong though

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I use this code:
/tour rules +Past, +Togekiss+Oblivion Wing
It accepts the code, but when I try and validate I get this: - Togekiss can't learn Oblivion Wing.
It seems like +Pokemon+Unclickable move doesn’t work even though I unbanned Past, and it accepted the code just fine. This needs fixing to (hopefully) Accepting these combinations or even just rejecting it with the message ‘X Move is un-useable in game’
+ rules (unban rules) only override ban rules. They don't override validation rules (in this case, you're getting hit by the Obtainable Moves rule).

PS doesn't currently have a way to easily override actual validation; you'd have to remove Obtainable Moves and replace it with a custom validator, like how STABmons does it.

I don't understand how "Oblivion Wing is un-usable in game" would be a better message than "Togekiss can't learn Oblivion Wing".

Shedinja does not learn Swords Dance. Ninjask does, but Nincada and Shedinja do not learn Swords Dance.
Despite this, many strategies for Shedinja use the move Swords Dance, and the latter is registered as a move Shedinja can learn on Smogon and Pokémon Showdown.
Nonetheless, a method in generation IV allowed it, a Nincada reaching level 25 could evolve into Ninjask, the latter learning Swords Dance at level 25, and causing the corresponding Shedinja to have Swords Dance. However, this method was ascertained as a glitch, fixed since generation V.
Consequently, Shedinja should not be able to have the move Swords Dance, neither on Smogon nor on Pokémon Showdown, the same way other glitches are not reproduced in the simulation.

In dex.pokemonshowdown.com, the moves for evolving Pokémon are backward. Like, their TM/HM section is not even shown except in the unevolved form, which is inconvenient.
1588343826630.png
1588343878699.png

The same happens with all evolved Pokémon.

Last edited:
Consequently, Shedinja should not be able to have the move Swords Dance, neither on Smogon nor on Pokémon Showdown, the same way other glitches are not reproduced in the simulation.
What other glitches are you thinking about? Last I checked, Showdown was meant to, well, simulate the actual Pokemon games to the best of its ability. That includes glitches and jank.

What other glitches are you thinking about? Last I checked, Showdown was meant to, well, simulate the actual Pokemon games to the best of its ability. That includes glitches and jank.
Glitches such as non-GriseousOrb Giratina-Origin in generation IV, the Symbiosis Eject Button glitch in generation VI, the Choice item issue with U-turn, the Acid Rain glitch in generation IV, or how pokémon that learn Mimic/Copycat/Metronome can access most of the moves through the Rage glitch in generation IV.
These are not reproduced in Pokémon Showdown, as far as I know.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
ok so in metronome battle, for some reason when we use the move metronome is says it fails. i tried this again in another match and with a different person, but the glitch still appears
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1106829161

edit- max guard works and so does struggle
Metronome battle issues are fixed.

Glitches such as non-GriseousOrb Giratina-Origin in generation IV, the Symbiosis Eject Button glitch in generation VI, the Choice item issue with U-turn, the Acid Rain glitch in generation IV, or how pokémon that learn Mimic/Copycat/Metronome can access most of the moves through the Rage glitch in generation IV.
Hmm. Well, the U-turn glitch was patched in Platinum, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be replicated. The Rage glitch sounds like a stupidly powerful thing that also isn't really something Showdown is capable of reproducing, but rather allowing. Like, Mr. Mime can't use Fire Blast for the same reason it can't use Double Team; moves learned via the use of the Rage glitch just aren't allowed. Likewise, while letting Giratina have either Pressure or Levitate regardless of form is signficantly more mundane than the Rage glitch, it's still a thing that's possible to ban without breaking from cartridge mechanics. You've got a point with Symbiosis and Acid Rain, though.

The reasons Shedinja is allowed to use Swords Dance while Giratina can't freely chose its ability are likely twofold. First, it smells much less like a glitch. This is somewhat subjective, I know, but Shedinja copying Ninjask's moveset isn't obviously a glitch, while Giratina changing form differently depending on if you change its item in the box or in the field is immediately fishy. Second, this "glitch" was also in gen 3, when Shedinja was created. Combined with the first bit, that means the only reason anyone would consider Swords Dance Shedinja a glitch is when it was "patched" in Black and White, and at that point it seems silly to suddenly ban Shedinja from using Swords Dance after 8 years of it being legal, especially because it's not unheard of for moves to be removed from movepools for seemingly no reason. To use a recent example, Melmetal can learn Earthquake through TM41 in Let's Go, but can't learn it through TR10 in SwSh. It's weird, but there's no reason to suspect it was because Melmetal learning Earthquake was a glitch.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Half of these are gamebreaking, but ultimately all of these are mechanical glitches. What you're talking about is a Pokemon no longer being able to learn a move in a later generation despite being able to in a prior one.

Let's provide another example of this situation.

Sneasel is capable of learning Crush Claw in generation 7 and earlier as an egg move. In generation 8, Sneasel is incapable of learning Crush Claw as it was removed from its egg move list. The idea of removing Crush Claw as a glitch move would be a damn hard sell.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Smogon is very inconsistent about which glitches they consider legal. We had a fight about Farceus in PR a few months ago, for instance. But in any case, PS follows the rules of what formats we support. That means we use VGC legality rules for VGC, and Smogon legality rules for Smogon formats.

If you have a problem with VGC legality, take it up with Game Freak, not us. And if you have a problem with Smogon legality, take it up with Smogon, not us. Either way, it doesn't belong in this thread because it's not a PS bug, we're just doing what we're told.

For whatever reason today when I was on showdown the team builder started to get a bit odd.

fweg.png

efwef.png
efweg.png
fwefwe.png

fawef.png

I have no idea why this is happening, I didn't change or download anything. I didn't clear files or do anything unusual. Some lines are fine but some are messed up. The rest of showdown is perfectly fine for me besides the team builder.

The only thing new I tried on the team builder was just clicking the pokepaste upload button without a team.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
An user reported that in his CC2v2 Battle the Sacred Sword of his Zacian failed.
Since the message is "But it failed!" and not "Avoided" or "Misses" it is not because of Bright Powder or something like that (and he also said that any Pokémon had it)

Any idea of what happened?

replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8challengecup2v2-1107084823-3j1hd7ttgnisruvsye5hake9o70ku1rpw
Stuff like this happens if you target a empty slot, so if you target your partner's empty slot, the move will fail. It is most likely what happened here, a misclick.

A Dynamaxed Lucario (transformed from a Throh) did 2% damage with Max Lightning (Power: 90) to a Wailord in Hackmons Cup.

On Hackmons Cup moves, abilities, IVs... (almost) everything is random.
Lucario had Battle Armor and a berry.
Wailord had no useful ability or item.
Base move for Max Lightning (Power: 90) was Max Lightning (Power: 10). Electric Terrain was not active yet when Max Lightning was used.

My Throh transformed into a Lucario with +Speed and +1 Atk, got Dynamaxed, fainted the opposing Lucario with Max Flare (base move Flame Charge) and the enemy switched their Wailord. Throh (now a Dynamaxed Lucario) used Max Lightning (Power: 90) against the Wailord, which had setup Shell Trap.

Both me and my opponent think this is a bug.

Screenshot:
1588385309310.png

Please check the replay here:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8hackmonscup-1107116412

pisxel

when my star shines, will you think of me? ☆
Heya, was redirected here + I couldn't find anything posted about it yet so I think I'm all good to post

Think I've found a bug with glitzerpopping (xfix's move on Super Staff Bro's Brawl)
I'll share a screenshot + replay
Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 10.43.22 PM.png

Additionally, same match, Next Level Strats (Level 51's move) only raised its level to 105, and wouldn't go past that.
Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 10.43.55 PM.png

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7superstaffbrosbrawl-1107205357

Sorry for the inconvenience!

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, OM bugs should be reported to the OM's leaders

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
A Dynamaxed Lucario (transformed from a Throh) did 2% damage with Max Lightning (Power: 90) to a Wailord in Hackmons Cup.

On Hackmons Cup moves, abilities, IVs... (almost) everything is random.
Lucario had Battle Armor and a berry.
Wailord had no useful ability or item.
Base move for Max Lightning (Power: 90) was Max Lightning (Power: 10). Electric Terrain was not active yet when Max Lightning was used.

My Throh transformed into a Lucario with +Speed and +1 Atk, got Dynamaxed, fainted the opposing Lucario with Max Flare (base move Flame Charge) and the enemy switched their Wailord. Throh (now a Dynamaxed Lucario) used Max Lightning (Power: 90) against the Wailord, which had setup Shell Trap.

Both me and my opponent think this is a bug.

Screenshot:
View attachment 241846

Please check the replay here:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8hackmonscup-1107116412
You copied this Lucario:

1588400064559.png

After Dynamax (and also before Dynamax, for that matter), Max Lightning has a Base Power of 1.

Go hack Max Lightning into a Pokémon and try it yourself!

Something happened.

But I'm not sure what. I assume I got a challenge so I'll try to replicate the issue

Edit:
<< |pm|~|%fart └♥┘|/nonotify The user 'tz<wertw' attempted to challenge you to a battle but was blocked. To enable challenges, use /unblockchallenges or change it in the <button name="openOptions" class="subtle">Options</button> menu in the upper right.

Happened because a user had a < in their username, which threw off the HTML.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by fart

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)