Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

pistol pete
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
1695264464114.png

I don't know chainbreeding instructions but I used these moves together this spl / has been used in past tours here and here

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - Legality
:furret: Either transfer from gen 3 where Seismic was a tutor move, or breed in gen 6 where the mom can pass egg moves.
Notably, this only happens when Aromatherapy is after Seismic. If you put it before, the set passes fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

yonmd

Formerly Yes or no my dude
is a Tiering Contributor
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-1949458357-gq9e9tazdv644wouoe2hm07dynxz43tpw
+2 Lvl 85 84 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. +2 Lvl 78 84 HP / 84 Def Unaware Tera Dragon Dondozo: 40-48 (11 - 13.2%)
+1 Lvl 85 84 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. +2 Lvl 78 84 HP / 84 Def Unaware Tera Dragon Dondozo: 40-48 (11 - 13.2%)
dondozo took 19% from umbreon's foul play at +2
either dondozo ignores it's own stat boost from foul play, in which case the damage is wrong, or calc is wrong for not taking it into account

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-1949458357-gq9e9tazdv644wouoe2hm07dynxz43tpw
+2 Lvl 85 84 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. +2 Lvl 78 84 HP / 84 Def Unaware Tera Dragon Dondozo: 40-48 (11 - 13.2%)
+1 Lvl 85 84 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. +2 Lvl 78 84 HP / 84 Def Unaware Tera Dragon Dondozo: 40-48 (11 - 13.2%)
either dondozo ignores it's own stat boost from foul play, in which case the damage is wrong, or calc is wrong for not taking it into account
The target's attack stat boosts are treated as the user's attack stat boosts when using Foul Play so yes they will be ignored if the target has Unaware.

Dondozo never took 19% from Foul Play, so I'm going to assume you're referring to the time it took 17%, which was against +1 Dondozo, not against +2 Dondozo. That damage was to be expected (+1 Lvl 85 84 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. +1 Lvl 78 84 HP / 84 Def Unaware Tera Dragon Dondozo: 52-63 (14.3 - 17.4%) -- possible 6HKO). Umbreon's Foul play vs +2 Dondozo was also all within the damage range you posted.

yonmd

Formerly Yes or no my dude
is a Tiering Contributor
Dondozo never took 19% from Foul Play, so I'm going to assume you're referring to the time it took 17%, which was against +1 Dondozo, not against +2 Dondozo. That damage was to be expected (+1 Lvl 85 84 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. +1 Lvl 78 84 HP / 84 Def Unaware Tera Dragon Dondozo: 52-63 (14.3 - 17.4%) -- possible 6HKO). Umbreon's Foul play vs +2 Dondozo was also all within the damage range you posted.
oh I'm blind mb LOL

found a new bug! lol.
when i delete an (uncategorized) team, it gives me undo delete in the tiers gen 8 ou, gen 7 ou, gen 9 nat dex and (uncategorized), when i click on it, it does undo it, in any tier i click for example if i click it in gen 7 ou, the (uncategorized) team comes back in the (uncategorized) foulder, instead in gen 9 ou and gen 6 ou there is no undo delete button! these are all the tier i have in my builder.

i just tried to delete a gen 9 team to check if the undo delete was in the other tiers too, and it was! this time in gen 6 ou too, and it was in the same exact postion it had when i deleted a team from the (uncategorized) foulder! (as screeshots show)

images below! I censored my teams bc i don't wanna leak them.

UPDATE on previous bugs: they look to be fixed? i have not encountered the infinite loading bug in a couple of days. as for the ursaluna sprite thing, for anyone what is experincing it, you need to clean your cache! Remeber to save your teams before doing it :) after cleaning it the sprite should be there

Attachments

Last edited:
Matcha Gotcha appears to not be implemented to work with Triage, as noticed in this AAA game where Sinistcha moves second after a Lucario Meteor Mash when using Matcha Gotcha, but moves first when using Strength Sap (turns 24 & 25).

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Matcha Gotcha appears to not be implemented to work with Triage, as noticed in this AAA game where Sinistcha moves second after a Lucario Meteor Mash when using Matcha Gotcha, but moves first when using Strength Sap (turns 24 & 25).
This is supposed to happen. Matcha Gotcha and Bitter Blade don't have the flag that makes them work with Triage in-game.

So uh, you guys remember the whole "Hearthflame Mask + Neutralizing Gas" thing? Well I got the DLC and tried it out on cartridge.
Before this clip I had sent in Ogerpawn and Terastal'd it, and it was as you would expect. however...

Pokemon Showdown currently has it implemented like gen 8 Intrepid Sword, where it can activate more than once (once on switch-in and again when the gas is dispersed), but in this match at no point did embody aspect activate again. Even on the next turn (which wasn't shown due to me being an idiot and not holding down the record button on my switch lol)
So sadly you cannot neutralize Embody Aspect and reactivate it twice.

However, it is correctly implemented in that it can activate once. If Embody Aspect has not activated since Ogerpon's switch-in, then once the gas gets off the field it will activate.

Given the ramifications of this you'd think it would be tested on cartridge sooner, especially since people on twitter were all "ruh roh", but i guess not..?

In the end I suppose it should be changed to a "Once Per Switch-in" Effect

Last edited:

grape tylenol

white girl wasted
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Some formats do not have the "Sample Sets" import buttons in the team builder despite having sets on the Smogon strategy pokedex:
1695596741969.png

(Mesprit SV NU analysis)
Two affected formats include [Gen 9] NU and [Gen 3] LC. I took a brief look and this appears to be because formatSets.stats is not populated for either tier (you can see the sets are indeed on the website gen9nu.json gen3lc.json). Unfortunately I am not familiar with the inner workings of Showdown so it would be difficult for me to debug further, hoping a more experienced developer can resolve this

For ADV & DPP doubles:

1) Hidden Power Electric is supposed to ignore Lightningrod. This is known as it was abused in Battle Road 2005 tournaments to beat Marowak+Gyarados (source at the bottom of the page, also here). Replay. Also affects Gen 4.

2) Shell Bell seems to not take into account damage for spread moves properly. It only heals for damage dealt to one of the targets. See this replay, turn 4. See here for additional research & examples.

Here's a couple replays of Shell Bell in action in XD:

1:

2: https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx9n1RzRnZAef3ACMV9Rs32mwd8kQfVvvL?si=MJgEA8vYFJw98KJZ

Last edited:
Hello, I'm trying to build a team in Gen 9 National Dex with all Pokemon set at level 50. Whenever I try to validate I get the same message for all team members that all have the 1 ev added " - [Pokemon] is level 50, but this format allows level 100 Pokémon. (If this was intentional, add exactly 1 to one of your EVs, which won't change its stats but will tell us that it wasn't a mistake). "

Workaround at the moment is to set level to 49 or 51, validation works fine after that.

Here's the team

Skeledirge @ Life Orb
Ability: Unaware
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 1 HP / 252 SpA / 3 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Torch Song
- Earthquake
- Flame Charge
- Flamethrower

Zoroark @ Lum Berry
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 56 HP / 100 Def / 252 SpA / 99 SpD / 1 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

Alakazam @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 111 HP / 1 Atk / 140 Def / 140 SpA / 116 Spe
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Frost @ Wide Lens
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 1 HP / 252 SpA / 3 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Blizzard
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Poltergeist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)