Pokemon Showdown Bug ReportsThis thread is specifically for reporting Pokemon Showdown bugs with battle mechanics or chat commands.
No, not those kinds of bugs!
No, not those kinds of bugs!
If you have a different issue, there is probably another thread somewhere related to that topic:
- Want to ask a question about Showdown and not report a bug? Use the Simple Question Simple Answer thread.
- Having trouble connecting to the main server? Use the Technical Support thread.
- Want to request a feature? Use the Suggestions forum.
- If your bug is about the Damage Calculator, it has its own dedicated thread.
- Got a really terrible Random Battle set? Report it in the Singles or Doubles thread.
- If your issue is with the current-gen sprites, check the Model Fixing thread.
RulesBefore reporting a bug, try these steps first to see if it's actually a bug:
- Check the lists of Not Bugs in the 2nd post of this thread.
- Save a replay of the battle (use the
- Look up the relevant Pokemon/moves/Abilities/items on the PSdex and the first post of the Smogon Battle Mechanics Research thread. If neither explains the behavior you saw, consider asking about it in the Help room. If no one there can explain it, feel free to post the bug here.
- Make sure your opponent's Pokemon isn't Zorua or Zoroark.
- Make sure no one has reported this bug on the last page or two of the thread.
- Make sure this bug exists on the official server, with no custom styles enabled.
Bug Triage Process (aka why did my post get edited)
After you make a post, it will eventually be edited by a member of Pokemon Showdown staff to update the post on the progress of the bug report. You will see "BUG STATUS:", followed by one of these criteria:
- NOT A BUG: the bug you posted isn't actually a bug at all; Showdown behaves exactly like it would on the actual games in the situation you posted about. Alternatively, this is an intended feature in Pokemon Showdown that is working the way it was designed to work.
- WRONG PLACE: the interaction you posted might be a bug, but it belongs in another bug report thread, like the damage calc bug report thread, or potentially a thread for a particular OM. You also might have posted a suggestion or a technical support question, which belong in their own separate places.
- NEEDS MORE INFO: you might have posted a bug, but without a replay or screenshot, it is much more difficult to recreate and fix. Please post again with the additional information or edit it into your post.
- NEEDS MORE RESEARCH: this bug requires additional research into its behavior on cartridge to make sure it's really a bug.
- OMS: this bug is with an Other Metagame, which may have varied behavior. It could be a bug, but someone more familiar with OMs will need to examine it.
- CONFIRMED: This is a bug! Showdown developers have added it on their to-do list to fix. Note that Showdown developers work for free on their own time, so please be patient as the bug is being addressed. We've seen your post! There may be additional information added afterwards to clarify the type of bug:
- CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) - this is a bug with the fundamental interaction of the mechanic. It's a bug with how the interaction works, or functions.
- CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) - this is a bug with the display / visual issue of the mechanic. It functions correctly, but tooltips or other visual elements are bugged to make it appear buggy. This would include replay display bugs.
- CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER - this is a bug relating to the Showdown teambuilder.
- CONFIRMED - LEGALITY - this is a bug where a Pokemon is allowed in a format where it shouldn't be allowed, or it isn't allowed in a format where it should be allowed.
- CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) - this is a bug related to the functionality of commands, permissions, or in general how something functions in the chat.
- CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) - this is a bug with pretty much how anything looks or feels, or a bug with commands processed on the user's side.
- FIXED: The bug has been fixed! Thanks for helping to keep Showdown bug-free!