Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
MATCH LINK
Kowtow failed on turn 13
Kowtow cleave fails after my scizor uses bullet punch
Scizor is Choice band if that matters?

:furret: I think you accidentally clicked the partner slot, sorry! It happens...

Last edited by a moderator:
when zorua changes it's type via tera (examlpe tera fire) then loses illusion, Tera blast stops working as intended
(ill get footage cuz it might be just visual)

Last edited:
Sorry for the super scuffed photo but this was the only way avaible to me to post this, this is probably already known, but when a terad mon is switched out and comes back in, it becomes a zorark illusion or something? this at least seems to an only ui bug, bugged on both main and stours, even in replays actually.
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_146f0b13-ef0d-4fca-954e-920d8f0acff0.jpg

Last edited:
Commander has some game breaking properties in old gen custom games.
In gen 6 triples custom game, it did not allow me to target the opposing mons with aqua tail with dondozo.
1672810284728.png

In gen 3 custom games, it said that there were more choices than unfainted pokemon, but only after a few turns had passed.
1672810394478.png

Replay
Makes you timeout since you cant even switch the mons out so its pretty annoying

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, it should be expected that new gen mechanics, especially ones as complicated as Commander, might break in some way in old gens (Karthik)

Griseous core is stated as illegal in natdex yet it is allowed (and required) for giritina transformation, It can be picked and used but the item tooltip is just [Illegal]
1672902426338.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG If you want to use Giratina-Origin, you should directly pick them in the teambuilder instead of Giratina base form. Also in the image that's Griseous Orb, not Core. Core is legal for Giratina-Origin and illegal for base, as base would always become Origin when holding it. (Irpachuza)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-1763248379 game for reference, Fairy Espeon didn’t get the immunity on switch in against the Altaria, rendering it dead when it should not have been. Is this a bug, or an intentional feature that exists for Terrastalization

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG Play Rough is fairy type, Espeon isn't immune to Fairy type. (og answer by Sauzels)

VGC learnset error: Slowing doesn't receive helping hand on cartridge but has it on showdown.
1672957564790.png

1672957578115.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Slowpoke can learn Helping Hand before it evolves. (Kris)

NotJackewu

Banned deucer.
Hiya, ive run into an issue while testing Arena trap.

When I use a diglett with Sand Veil it doesnt show the text "You might be trapped, so you won't be able to cancel a switch!"
1673018562630.png

When I use a Zorua that is disguised as diglett with arena trap it also wont show, although this is probably intended (I was just testing it anyways)
1673018358134.png

When I use a diglett with arena trap it DOES show the message.
1673018455144.png

To summarize the problem, the text "You might be trapped, so you won't be able to cancel a switch!" Only appears when a pokemon actually has the ability arena trap or rather, when the opponent is actually trapped.

Zoroark-Hisui is shown as revealed without it ever having been sent out and when I mouse over it nothing shows up and at least on my computer it was revealed before I locked in a move when the Zoroark was first sent out on turn 3

Also replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-1764504060-ww0zzh4p0ec4kx76037fasjk2sri0mepw
1673017603391.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG As explained on the NOT BUGS post at the start of the thread: "In Random Battles, Zoroark is given the level of the Pokemon it will firstly disguise as (AKA the last slot of the team). Zoroark will reveal itself on the team tooltip if later in the battle it disguises as another -already revealed- Pokemon with a different level, since that'd mean leaking that a Pokemon has Illusion." What happened here is exactly that, lvl 84 Enamorus entered the field, switched out for lvl 86 Scyther, Scyther got KO'd, and then enters Zoroark, who without a doubt was lvl 86 because originally it was setted to disguise as Scyther, but since the latter is fainted, it disguises as a lvl 86 Enamorus. The tooltip knows that your Enamorus already revealed itself to be lvl 84, and since Randbats follows species clause, that means your lvl 86 Enamorus has to be an illusion Pokemon.

Mathy

i'm not chien pao
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Hiya, ive run into an issue while testing Arena trap.

(snip)
I can't reproduce this. Playing Gen 9 LC, both Sand Veil Diglett and Illusion "Diglett" both give the "maybe trapped" message as intended. Are you playing in a format that allows illegal Abilities? If so, then the "maybe trapped" message won't actually check a Pokemon's other abilities.

Some secondary effects don't seem to work the turn when the pokemon is terastallizing. For example Mystical Fire from my Mismagius drop the SpA of the Florges on turn 20, but when the opponent use it's tera turn 21, Mystical Fire don't drop the SpA.
I didn't see this mechanic anywhere, so I think it's a bug.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG : by becoming grass type, Florges' Flower Veil prevents the stats to be lowered.

Attachments

Last edited:
A user discovered that the error message for snowscape when used in primordial sea. Instead of saying “there is no relief from the heavy rain”, which should be the intended error message, it says “the fire-type attack fizzled out in the heavy rain”, which is the intended message for an attacking fire type move failing in heavy rain. This does not happen for the weather setting abilities (including snow warning), and other moves such as sandstorm that would summon weather.

Upon further testing, it seems that this is the same for primordial sun, with the error message upon using snowscape being “the water-type attack evaporated in the harsh sunlight”, which is the intended message for attacking fire type moves failing in harsh sunlight, instead of the usual “the extreme harsh sunlight was not lessened at all”. This again does not repeat itself for any other weather setting abilities or moves.
Thanks for reading!

evidence:
Test replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9customgame-1764990431-eaw1v85jfalsdbke903kb03yx5x25zypw

the original replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexag-1764975921

BUG STATUS: FIXED (#2082)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)