Bummer's Art Shack

Great comics!

I have two ideas for your future art:

1. Type Chart:
I have always found the logic of the type chart interesting. Some match-ups are obvious; Fire clearly has an advantage over Grass, Electric has the advantage over Water. But what about other type match-ups, such as Psychic over Poison, or Bug over Dark and Psychic? I think this comic could have a similar structure to your "Intimidate" comic, where it presents two or so obvious cases and then shows an oddity in the final panel. Something like a Darmanitan scorching a Petilil, an Eelektross zapping a Basculin, but then a Joltik nibbling a Zoroark to death.

2. Jasmine trade:
This one is more of the HG/SS era, but still worthwhile. Jasmine, the Olivine gym leader, will trade you her beloved Steelix for any Pokemon you feel like shoving at her. In the first panel Jasmine could list all the great things about her Steelix, with the bored player listening. In the next panel, you see the player walking away with Steelix, and Jasmine is holding a Luvdisc/Bidoof/etc. with a sort of "-.-" expression on her face.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
expanding on midnight's idea, a psychic and dark type going all "hahaha ghost/poison" over a gengar until a tiny bug shows up and then they (figuratively) piss their pants. while the gengar laughs (unless it's a scizor)

These are brilliant. I never noticed most of the quirks.

I know it isn't 5th gen, but can you show what Slaking would do on its turn off? Or what happens when a Rested Pokémon gets hit? I never understood how they could sleep through it.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Took you long enough to use my idea (albeit it isn't what I originally said, but it is close enough...)

Hehe, fire pig looks like one of the Rabbids from Rayman.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Took you long enough to use my idea (albeit it isn't what I originally said, but it is close enough...)
I had no recollection of this, so I had go back and look.

I'm not sure if the joke's been done, but I've been wondering how in the world a Pokemon ingests a "Wing" (the wings in Black and White version that you collect on the bridges). The fact that they are labeled "Clever Wing" and such boggle me (Why the hell are Pokemon dropping their WINGS and not their FEATHERS?). I think the concept would be interesting to see in one of your webcomics.
This is definitly good enough to warrant a strip. Thanks for the suggestion!
So as you said, I didn't construct the strip with your post in mind, and neither did you detail how you envisioned the strip, buuuuut I can mention in the author comment how you were the one who introduced the idea. Sorry for not remembering!

I have always found the logic of the type chart interesting. Some match-ups are obvious; Fire clearly has an advantage over Grass, Electric has the advantage over Water. But what about other type match-ups, such as Psychic over Poison, or Bug over Dark and Psychic?
Awkward Zombie made a strip about this, although not in the fashion you described later. But people are watching me as hawks when it comes to her work, so I wouldn't dare make use of it. Just one example of this is how two people claimed that my flying Golurk copied the idea for her Whirlybird strip. Which it didn't, but they're on watch to say the least.

This one is more of the HG/SS era, but still worthwhile. Jasmine, the Olivine gym leader, will trade you her beloved Steelix for any Pokemon you feel like shoving at her.
I don't even remember this. That's odd.

Those latest strips are awesome. XD My favorite is that wings strip, the fire pig and hilda in the last panel are hilarious.

*dusts off thread.*

So...comic idea. Entrainment.

Entrainment, in case you couldn't tell from the various Audino that spam it on you, is a move that changes the opponent's ability to match your own.

This leads to some...humorous...situations, like a Cute Charm Conkeldurr (Lopunny used it on my female Conkeldurr in-game...prompting a chuckle.) It might be interesting to do another 3-parter based on the idea of "what happens when you use Entrainment to pass contradictory abilities?"

Great comics!

I have two ideas for your future art:

1. Type Chart:
I have always found the logic of the type chart interesting. Some match-ups are obvious; Fire clearly has an advantage over Grass, Electric has the advantage over Water. But what about other type match-ups, such as Psychic over Poison, or Bug over Dark and Psychic? I think this comic could have a similar structure to your "Intimidate" comic, where it presents two or so obvious cases and then shows an oddity in the final panel. Something like a Darmanitan scorching a Petilil, an Eelektross zapping a Basculin, but then a Joltik nibbling a Zoroark to death.
My fave is the flying and fighting one. Like a small bird pecking at a macho man.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The most inactivity.

I'd like to throw out here than comic suggestions from now on should be made through PM, and not posted here. Partially because this thread is meant to discuss the images already posted, and partially because I've noticed how some post here solely to share vague ideas for a strip. So yeah.

ANYWAY the next strip will be uploaded tomorrow, but in the meantime, have another fakemon.

I really like steampunk fyi.

Entrainment, in case you couldn't tell from the various Audino that spam it on you, is a move that changes the opponent's ability to match your own.

This leads to some...humorous...situations, like a Cute Charm Conkeldurr (Lopunny used it on my female Conkeldurr in-game...prompting a chuckle.) It might be interesting to do another 3-parter based on the idea of "what happens when you use Entrainment to pass contradictory abilities?"
I've been thinking about how Masquerain's wings could change if its ability were to be altered, so Entrainment leaves plenty to experiment with. I'll look over the possible match-ups once I get home.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Locomaul seems like a physical Heatran with more Steel moves. Still awesome.

Also, Masquerain's wings aren't the big things on its head. They're the little diamonds on its body, and the big scary things are antennae. Just pointing it out.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
I thought of that, but then I decided not to. But I'm on the fence about it every once in a while once I start thinking about it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)