Bummer's Art Shack

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Perhaps a Poké Ball could be added to the first panel, to emphasize that Porygon2 is being sent out, rather than charging some attack? The text should make it obvious enough, but sometimes redundancy is okay sometimes, right?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps a Poké Ball could be added to the first panel, to emphasize that Porygon2 is being sent out, rather than charging some attack? The text should make it obvious enough, but sometimes redundancy is okay sometimes, right?
I definitely felt like improving the light surrounding him, but there's no room for a pokeball to be shown. I can change the content of the speech bubble to something like "Your turn, Porygon2!", so that it's made clear it has just been sent out.

And redundancy is never a bad thing as long as it doesn't take away from the main focus.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

People have occasionally asked me to do something about how dangerous the gyms are indoors, so this is my take on it. This strip is quite delayed, and I'm also reluctant to post it but decided to finish it up anyway.

gg next idea

I love the text on the last panel, but it might be better with the guy crawling in, battered and bruised.
Also the lighting in the laser panel and the lava panel are equally beautiful and amazing

What Ritter said, but also, with the laser panel, it seems like that one is too easy for him, as the stance he's in doesn't seem very dynamic. Maybe make him balancing on one foot, or have a laser cut right down the middle part of his hair? Just a thought.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Been a month since I've actually done anything, so to prove that I'm not dead, have one of the panels for the next strip:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
okay so I've gotten further now. Fourth panel is the furthest from being complete, but I figured this is a good point to ask for feedback.

May switch the pokémon in the last panel to Ralts, but otherwise most of the stuff left is the last panel and minor tweaks in the others. If the last panel doesn't immediately connect with the previous ones then I'll need to further enhance how things are falling apart and being sucked in. Realllly hoping I won't need a fifth panel in between, this has dragged on for long enough.

uh oh having major doubts right now aaaaah

Jokes aside, I didn't notice you were gone.
Phew.

bummer i love you...r art

and you too.
oh gosh

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think Drowzee has some connection to nightmares, so that may be a better choice. I know it's more about the loss of a dream, but I guess that's a nightmare of sorts.

Also, the in-game text is just "Spoink recovered health!" or something similarly vague.

Otherwise, spectacular as always.

oh my god how are you so hilarious
i never said this on your deviantart because i thought that it wouldn't be read due to fangirl spams, but i love everything you do. each comic you make is so original and funny, and your style just makes it all better. i friggin love how you draw dude.
have some confetti that have been warmed from being in my pockets~
-throws-

-your biggest fangirl(boy) <3

oh and i disagree with @Alchemator. even though it makes sense to use a drowzee, i think that a spoink just wraps this comic up lol.

and uh, feedback. i love et LOL. that's all i can say </3

I don't think it would make sense to use drowzee since in a previou strip you had it about drowzee not able to use dream eater..... It might be slightly confusing.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I actually like the Spoink-choice, Alchemator, it's cute / simple expression while it bereaves Volbeat's happiness is hilarious!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
I think Drowzee has some connection to nightmares, so that may be a better choice. I know it's more about the loss of a dream, but I guess that's a nightmare of sorts.
I can see why. I've tried to visualise how everything becomes sucked in and/or crumbles apart, rather than simply 'going bad', but the darkness in the third panel does give off nightmare vibes. But since both moves target dreams, then the way they are perceived on a mental level should be fairly similar, it's just the attacker which is affected differently.

I'll try to add more stuff flying in the air and details to tell how the surroundings are falling apart. It's not just Illumise who's taken away, it's essentially the whole dream. Might have taken more water above my head than usual though, I wouldn't be surprised if I've spent 20 hours on this monster already.

And regarding the third pokémon

I don't think it would make sense to use drowzee since in a previou strip you had it about drowzee not able to use dream eater..... It might be slightly confusing.
This is one reason, but since all my strips aren't really connected then this isn't a concern at all. But I do try to avoid drawing the same pokémon twice, thus I skipped Drowsee.

I also wanted to stay within the third Gen, hence why Spoink became a candidate. I'm thinking of switching to Ralts though, since it can learn both Hypnosis and Dream Eater naturally, while Spoink cannot. You'd think that this wouldn't be an issue, but my comic is thoroughly examined by pokémanics with each passing update so I might as well appeal them in any way I can.

Spoink has the benefit of seeming completely oblivious to the chaos it's causing, so it wouldn't be a major flaw if it stayed.

Also, the in-game text is just "Spoink recovered health!" or something similarly vague.
ok cool then I'll change it.

This made me sad then chuckle a bit.
A rounding success.

-your biggest fangirl(boy) <3
Thanks for telling me, now I can pay less attention to my other admirers.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Ok I think the verdict is no Drowzee, haha!
Evidently!

still WIP said:
fleshed out the last panel and adjusted stuff in the previous panels. I kept the last line (sorry Alch) since I checked the game text and it just says how the foes energy is drained, which really is a redundant thing to say here. With that last line I wanted to show that, despite the harrowing experience, it made for a very little boost for Spoink.

also this was apparently reply 666 in this thread which is ..... strangely appropriate.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
smog 21 is out

Wow, you are such an inspiration, I can never compare...
I love all the details and background textures (such as shading and other effects) that makes the comics come to life.
Keep up all the good work!

I love how well you can capture texture in a simple way, I can see Charizard's scales but its not overdone, love your work.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
<RODAN> fsr i thought
<RODAN> you were gonna draw me
<Bummer> you always think that
<Bummer> one of these days, Rod
<RODAN> i know
<Bummer> one of these days
<RODAN> it will never happen
<RODAN> i ask everyone
<RODAN> no one says yes
<RODAN> :(
<RODAN> its because im fat and black
<Bummer> I don't recall you being black
<RODAN> im not
<Bummer> and yet people still hold that against you
<Bummer> shame, shame
<Bummer> MY MIND HAS BEEN MADE UP what should I draw
<RODAN> draw mr mime
<Bummer> it will be rushed but it's the only thing I can atm
<RODAN> licking a small childs face
<Bummer> any particular child
<RODAN> max from pkmn
<RODAN> i guess
<Bummer> I'm beginning to see why I denied your requests to begin with
<Bummer> very well
<Bummer> it shall be done

oh rodan...........
such great humour and expression as always Bummer, even your slightly work without shading or cleanly coloured lineart is amazing!

Lol, I like it, althought the picture could use some shading and highlights. Seems kinda flat to me. But good job nontheless! I like max's expression a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)