CAP 3 CAP 3 Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
explain how its broken with a stat base of: 70-60-110-130-110-60 ?
Using a 150 BP attack with no drawbacks except for a mild speed drop (which probably won't matter for sch a defensive pokemon anyway) is too good. This is why moves like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact have the conditions they come with. Not to mention that if this thing got Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant the fact that it got STAB on thse moves would probably push this thing over the edge of uber status.

Unstabbed Hyper Beam would hurt? And a lot of Pokemon say hi to an unstabbed Focus Punch. About Frenzy Plant and Blast Burner, I believe those moves are only available to starter Pokemons.

lol hyper beam. Unstabed, and we're looking at around 100 Base Spa, and 70 base attack. It sits there and is walled by Bliss all day, as well as cress.

I think you've mistaken me for someone else

this is my artwork btw:

I don't think that's a chili pepper monster ._.
Oh, I'm really sorry.

I was thinking of the guy with the Chilisaur Pokemon, for some reason I thought he was you. My bad.

One unstabbed Hyper Beam wouldn't hurt too many pokemon with decent SpD. The prospect of Hyper Beams every single turn with no drawbacks is a little scary though. Like I said, this is why these types of moves have restrictions on them. There isn't a pokemon around that can keep using Focus Punch every turn and getting it to hit every time without the aid of other things (sleep, subs, etc).

Also, we gave Syclant Fly, which is usually reserved for Flying types, so why can't we give this one Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant? And seeing as we're not necessarily creating a new "generation" of pokemon, who's to say this isn't a "starter" pokemon anyway?

The folks in the BST thread already seem to have worked out a moveset for this Pokemon.

Sadly, not everyone's designs seem cut out to use Focus Punch...
mine can at least probably use Flamethrower, so it's got THAT going for it..

It'd be pretty cool if more than one concept gets through though. The point of all this is to vary the metagame, after all.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Finally I'm able to get online and post. ;o

Anywho, I came up with a whole evolutionary line this time based off of one of the original design ideas but ignored in artwork, the echidna.

Well, its starts off as a pure grass typed little echidna with an innate ability to store large amounts of heat within its body.

When it evolves into his stage two form, he sprouts a couple basic prehensile leaf arms which allow him to shuffle about a bit faster. Certain parts of his fur also get set ablaze due to its body temperature.

Upon final evolution, the arms grow much longer and more powerful, and lower legs are developed, allowing for bipedal motion. Body temperature is more carefully controlled and is mainly routed to the tail and neck, causing the fur to be in a constant blaze.

Without further ado, here's the chain. First evo is in the middle, second form is to the left, and final form is on the right:

And a pick which focuses more on the final evo:

EDIT: Working on coloring the Cockatrice and final evo right now.

The folks in the BST thread already seem to have worked out a moveset for this Pokemon.

It'd be pretty cool if more than one concept gets through though. The point of all this is to vary the metagame, after all.
I was so impressed by this animation that I felt the need to copy. After snooping around in your topic, Cartoons! (and I must admit they're some of the best cartoons made in black and white I've ever seen), I knew I just had to do something with Easytoons.

Here's what I ended up with. First try, so no laughing, alright?

This one is still hands-down my favorite. I really like the idea of a chili pepper/salamander type of theme, and this design seems to fit the build the best. Not to mention its just awesome looking :) My one complaint is that it's not exactly Grass-y enough, but that could change with coloring

Edit: and although at first I didn't really get it, now that it's been revised I'm starting to love the woodman too, which is good since that seems to be the most popular one
Pleaaase detail this, its such a good idea. My favorite one at least.

I was avoiding quoting a picture of any kind but I have to say, this little gif make me support your burning wooden dragon even more. Sure it's not as cool as Cartoons but it still kick-ass enough to make people support it (if the art isn't the selling point). I really like the fact that when animated, his arm cannons look much cooler.

My brain is going to explode among all this awesomeness. The art in this thread has a REALLY high level! I know I've said it in my last post, but each new submission just confirms it again.

It's going to be really tough (at least for me) to choose just one.

Holy shit I love this. this Deer is still my favorite! And screw focus punch lol

I like deer, but it looks too much like a Shaymin evo, which we arn't doing =\

Your avvie scares me.

Woodman is definately going to win. i know it is a blunt statement, but it it pretty obvious that everyone wants to see the coolest thing possible, and thats pretty much the coolest thing we can do with grass/fire.

What I would wish to see is archiving its process in some sort of story. I'm not sure if chaos is willing to put this on the site (after all, it is no longer real Pokemon), but it would look great and I'd volunteer to manage.

thats not mine; it was from earlier in the thread, i just reposted it saying shaymin evo ftw. didnt cartoons make it?
EDIT: yeah, he did, i grabbed it from shivs post to make a comment on it
Hey, so I thought it'd be fun to try my hand at a submission.

Here's my impending-forest fire deer Pokemon.

Bambi meets Princess Mononoke??

I'm not so sure woodman will win. It's a very very cool character but I'm not sure how pokemony it is.

I couldn't imagine before how the deer could do its attacks but Cartoons your animation really clinched it as a strong contender for me.

Beautiful art with the lava snake too - I'm sure it could be a viable pokemon but we could do with seeing how it would look in various poses.

KoA your cocktrice is definitely a very cool idea but mucho needing colour pleease!

Elagune my hat goes off to you be don't abandon Gentle Giant yet please! I much prefer him to woodman as he looks way more like a pokemon - but needs a more distinctive fire element to it - a way to shoot flames!

My original idea was a Carnivine evo with a gaping maw and with vine 'hoses' that would pump flammable gas to be ignited as a flamethrower but I'm so crap at drawing I just knew it would never catch on. With this in mind I hope you don't mind me tacking on the hoses to Gentle Giant? I've just done one arm because it took me ages in Paint but I imagine he'd have 3 hoses per arm.
Alternatively maybe GG could keep his big meaty fists for punches but have two or three flamethrower vine-tails? That way he would be a great mixed sweeper. Can you imagine the flamethrower vines arching over his shoulders?

http://jagged-angel.deviantart.com/art/credit-goes-to-Elagune-83087168

I think Woodman looks very much like a Pokemon. You might notice his pose and way of acting in the animations are similar to that of Blastoise and Typhlosion.

Also agreeing with removing flames from the back.

EDIT: In the art, at least. They look wicked in the animation. I tried it out:

I also note that the tail looks a bit tame imo next to all that badassery, but otherwise it is just perfect and I am voting for it for sure. The back looks brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)