CAP 5 CAP 5 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Atryoki: That looks cool, but it looks Grass/Rock or maybe Ground. xD

Anyways, is it perfect yet? I added "arms" ._.

My final design of my "Stone Maiden"

Pokemon structure idea from:

The "thing" that connects the head and the body is made out of plastic rubber. So, it kind of looks like it's going to break and fall. The whole body, and head piece are made out of polished stone. The big gem in the middle is where its most special attacks come from. It attacks by absorbing energy from the gems at the bottom of its "skirt", and releases an "elemental" beam depending on which gem it absorbed. The gems at the bottom are colored differently. Red, Blue, etc. Each represents an element(Fire = Red).
P.S. The middle of the body looks like a cyclops if you haven't seen it yet. =P That is all. I really suck at coloring so I left it uncolored. I hope I drew a good enough sketch for it to make it to the polls.

Anyways, is it perfect yet? I added "arms" ._.
Depends on if you're tiring of us nitpicking your creation to death lol. I would say that it's perfect to me and need no more major improvements. Now, I can say that I'll support her, Meteor, and that weird bird statue thing.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i REALLY like Blu's 'Stone Maiden', but Caladbolg's Easter Island has me won over. Sure it looks detailed and humanoid--may i direct all of to our good friend Lucario? Or perhaps Mewtwo/Deoxys? I think that it in it's most recent form (excluding the colored one, i disagree with the scheme. Maybe a tan? brown? a rocky color?) it looks good to go. It certainly looks like a stone idol capable of being kind of speedy and special sweep-y.

I think cartoons may be on to something here. Limestone, marble... Remember, all these are just quick concept sketches...

How about a venus de milo sphinx catgirl monorock sweeperBRONZOMG
Cerbi01's sphinx looks pretty cool, break off its arms and put it on a floating island of stone.
this idea is so hot to me. I'd like to see you expand on it!

Ok, changes for the Stone Maiden:

->
->

I love the first one, my first tought was something like a voodoo doll because the beam looks like som sort of needle (would not mind at all if it had that insted of arms, i. e. a giant needle floating around it).
The other two becomes way to much soldier alike and looses the more maiden-doll-look that I like. I should not have arms as a similarity to the staty of venus (venus milo or someting). And I love that it is tilted bakwards a little bit. It gives it more of look of looking down on others and a I-know-I-will-rape-your-ass-so much-that-I-don't-even-have-to-bother- look.
I can see this as a half bulky, speedy and really powerfull special attacker.
And don't say it does not look speedy enought. Look a Electrode as an example, it is just a ball with two coulors and eyes.

Anyhow, loved the stone maiden idé.

Yeh I like the idea as well I think it will be up their in the mix of things during voting. It reminds me of a Rock Froslass.

I did some more minor sketches for various reasons.

When I first heard the comet concept, I didn't think anything could come of it. This thing is very impressive though! Its actually starting to look like a pokemon, very impressive when the design concept was a chunk of rock in space. I really like this guy, but there are, as usual, so many good choices! Good luck!

Caladbolg that looks great! I hope you finish the coloring.

Blu, your stone maiden looks great! I hope you, or someone you choose, colors it in.

I'll be entering this. When is the deadline? I don't want to submit something that ends up being rejected due to being entered 10 minutes late **hinthintjakolant**

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
i REALLY like Blu's 'Stone Maiden', but Caladbolg's Easter Island has me won over. Sure it looks detailed and humanoid--may i direct all of to our good friend Lucario? Or perhaps Mewtwo/Deoxys? I think that it in it's most recent form (excluding the colored one, i disagree with the scheme. Maybe a tan? brown? a rocky color?) it looks good to go. It certainly looks like a stone idol capable of being kind of speedy and special sweep-y.
Thanks for the comment. Yeah, is kind of speedy and special sweep-y....

The color scheme is just a test, please, if someone can make other colored Easter Island pokemon,just do it. ^^

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, is kind of speedy and special sweep-y....

The color scheme is just a test, please, if someone can make other colored Easter Island pokemon,just do it. ^^
Not to burst anyones bubble, but there is already an easter island rock head pokemon:

PS: his evolution is also based on the same kind of statue, the hat makes it obvious... you just have to ignore the mustache I guess...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moai

I'll be entering this. When is the deadline? I don't want to submit something that ends up being rejected due to being entered 10 minutes late **hinthintjakolant**
You still won't let the event die, will you? I guess that you have about 5 - 12 days to complete something.

CastMat~ Change body type to a more feminine shape, like Lopunny or Gadevoir.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Not to burst anyones bubble, but there is already an easter island rock head pokemon:

PS: his evolution is also based on the same kind of statue, the hat makes it obvious... you just have to ignore the mustache I guess...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moai
Of course... and I mentioned....
Nosepass and Probopass are based on Moais Statues... My pokemon is based on Tangatu Manu Statues... Please...read the old post.

Of course... and I mentioned....
Nosepass and Probopass are based on Moais Statues... My pokemon is based on Tangatu Manu Statues... Please...read the old post.
Oh... I was wondering why it looked so bird-ish... That's a pretty obscure reference isn't it?

BTW I get the feeling that one of yours will win, but why do they all look like they want to be sort of physical/special mixed, instead of pure special...

@ Gothic Togekiss: I wanted to keep it feminine but still somewhat androgynous, like a rock Gardevoir...I guess the eyes overdo it. What do you want me to do to make it more feminine though?

Thanks for all the replies I've been getting. Just to show you all how it attacks, I threw together some crap lil drawings. I wasn't sure what sort of movepool it'd get, so....

Ancientpower

Ice Beam (Flamethrower and other 'beam' moves also fired in the middle of a focused 'x'... the gems are supposed to be glowing)

Overheat

and I know you want it special, but I love this move and couldn't resist;

HEAD SMASH! :kongler:

hmm, forgot Power Gem.... well, it'd just shoot beams from all its gems.... or fire the gems....

These are just a few preliminary sketches of my design. It's fairly simple at this point, and will likely be elaborated on.
It's a gnome, because they are cave dwellers, and gnomes are generally depicted as being "mystical."

The hand is supposed to be levitating a rock, possibly using Ancientpower.
I'd appreciate feedback as to what direction I should go with this.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Oh... I was wondering why it looked so bird-ish... That's a pretty obscure reference isn't it?

BTW I get the feeling that one of yours will win, but why do they all look like they want to be sort of physical/special mixed, instead of pure special...
Are you supporting me? If you are, then thanks.

The pokémon I designed look like sp. sweepers. Maybe they have some physical details, but in the end everything relies on the movepool and stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)