CAP 7 CAP 7 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks awesome :O,but too complex for a Pokemon, I think you should simplify it a little bit.
But it's just my opinion :)

i agree with griffin that the original design was the strongest, but i'd be interested to see what it looks like with the one mouth as a bit of distinction. i think this is the design i want to win, so i just wanted to see all possible options

Alright, so far it looks like i am photoshopping #2.

But in case you didn't know, It is very much okay with me if you talk about his features like what you want on a sandwich.

...But my own opinion has a very strong influence too.

This is my tea kettle guy coloured. He doesn't have legs anymore and there is some cool blue mist.
I like this guy a lot. It has metal on him and actually looks like it could be a Pokemon.

The fact that he's a kettle makes him cooler. I'd keep him without legs.

sorry, didn't mean to get a little flip with the artistic elements EoE. i'm glad you're open to suggestions, i think it makes your work stronger...IF you hang on to your own opinion.

Ok, then. Third option! This is a self made cross breed, with complex facial features (mouth + eyes) and the simplefied subordinate masks (No expressions, no flaps on the thigh masks, lowered shoulder eyes, and a distinct separative line on the thigh)

3:

The final's colors will be the original's, with a dark blue body and red-orange eyes.

Also, what did you think of my friskies reference?

I have to admit, EoE, the expressions on the side masks just didn't look right to me but the one on the front looked perfect, so I'm glad you've done what you've done. I still think that the body should be a bit darker, but that's about it.

Your design is pretty much guaranteed to get my vote now.

Although I like your final, I'd still prefer it without the main face's mouth.

Right now my vote is pretty much tied between EoE's and Atyroki's, but the latter hasn't posted in a while (or I missed it, but I don't think so).

Elegy, that is looking great. BUT... you might want to make the masks look like they are made of steel, to keep us in the elements.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Alright, I finally finished the coloring on my little bugger. I tried out a completely new coloring technique unlike my usual, and I must say I'm fascinated with it. t takes a whole lot longer to do this way, but it lets you focus on items one at a time.

Well, here's the Vassago all colored up and ready for public viewing:

Larger size:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/vassagolarge.png

Now then, compare the new style with my old style of coloring:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/hibabango.png

Should I keep Vassago colored like it is or revert to my old style?

Well, it may be over edited, but it isn't too complex. Actually, it didn't take too long at all.

The features are set in stone. No more of that. What I should do now is determine the small things: Too dark? Another eye color? Tail mist?

I had a little trouble burning the tail, and when you do it too much it loses it's definition. But in this case, it made it more luminous.

This is NOT my final. But it's so close you can taste it...

I really like yours EoE, it's so fresh :D

As for yours KoA, I personally prefer this style, and it's a really cool design too

Although I like your final, I'd still prefer it without the main face's mouth.

Right now my vote is pretty much tied between EoE's and Atyroki's, but the latter hasn't posted in a while (or I missed it, but I don't think so).
No, you didn't miss anything, I've just been in a bit of an artistic rut, sorry :[ (Though I intend to fix that soon)

Well, it may be over edited, but it isn't too complex. Actually, it didn't take too long at all.

The features are set in stone. No more of that. What I should do now is determine the small things: Too dark? Another eye color? Tail mist?

I had a little trouble burning the tail, and when you do it too much it loses it's definition. But in this case, it made it more luminous.

This is NOT my final. But it's so close you can taste it...
EoE, you could try duplicating the tail, then smudging the bottom layer. This might help you keep the definition while keeping the swirl underneath. Otherwise, you would likely have to just go back and manually clean up part with an eraser.

I'm not clearly leaning one way or the other in terms of top picks yet.

Wyverii's is close. I love the design, the concept and the especially the colours, but I'm not sold on that metallic protrusion on its head. I think my problem with it is that it doesn't really do anything to define the nature of your Pokemon and ends up looking tacked on and ambiguous. Also, have you seen "Coraline"? Button eyes are creepsville and would fit your jester doll to a T!

I wasn't really into EoE's design until that latest entry. The 'face' is far more appealing now as are the body's proportions. A wispy tail might help in selling its ghostiness but it isn't necessary.

I always enjoy Hazmat's submissions for being fun and unpretentious. I'd shorten the legs a bit, or make him more of a squatter as tall Pokemon can't fit very convincingly into an 80x80 box.

Does this mean that you have abandoned your old design? I know that I am new and as such my opinion counts for little but you have a strong design. If you came up with some supporting material I'm sure you could win some others over as well. The little guy has too much character.

Awe, but I like it that way... and I don't want to do all that =)

I guess I will just have to be solid with my shading the first time when I final it.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Am I the only one that sees some epic VICTOR VON DOOM here?

The art in this is really, really tough to decide from. I don't think I can live with just one...
Yeah I see Victor Von Doom, I think it would a cool idea to make a shiny for this with Doom's colorings

Okay, I officially withdraw. ^_^; Nothing I can come up with for this CAP can top any of yours. 'Twas a nice thing to try, though.

Elegy, I'm rooting for you. That design kicks ass.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Hah cyber, I didn't realize that until you pointed it out.

Also, I'm pretty impressed with EoE's design. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the grainy texture of the masks (As it kinda resembles a jpg'd image to me), but everything else is purty nifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)