CAP CAP Swiss Tournament - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAP Swiss Tournament

Last week before playoffs! The players on the 4-0 bracket (Lasen, crying, arn.av136) have already qualified with the highest seed possible so they get a bye this week. The 3-1 bracket has also already qualified too but their exact placement depends on this week's results.

3-1 Bracket

HaaiL  vs  خسدڭۋە
Fakee  vs  Steam Buns
DetroitLolcat  vs  Dj Breloominati♬
Heaven Jay  vs  SHSP
Mx
 vs  Darek
IloveScaldBurns  vs  AnnaMyers

2-2 Bracket

Maxouille
 vs  Nalorium
Mr.Bossaru  vs  Earthflax
D2TheW  vs  ashbala99
Atha  vs  CallMeDrippyT
Aurodian  vs  Rage.Spam.Quit.
SunMYSER
 vs  Zephyri
dex  vs  pannuracotta
Tadasuke  vs  quziel
The Metric System vs poopidoopii
1st: 10 points
2nd: 8 points
3rd: 7 points
4th-6th: 6 points
7th-12th: 4 points
13th-24th: 2 points
25th-48th: 1 points

Rules:
  • This is a standard SS CAP tournament.
  • The format is a 5-round Swiss-style Tournament followed by playoffs.
  • All rounds are best of 3.
  • Changing teams in between matches is allowed.
  • You are required to post your replays.
  • All Smogon tournament rules apply.
  • Any change in tiering will not take effect until the following round.
  • Matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.
  • Please use this guide while scheduling with your opponent.
Round 3 ends on Sunday, September 26th at 11:59pm GMT -3.

:syclant:CAP Winter Seasonals
Double Elimination Tournament- January

CAP 29 Playtest
Single Elimination Tournament - April

:jumbao:CAP Summer Seasonals
Double Elimination Tournament- June

CAP 30 Playtest
Single Elimination Tournament - October

:equilibra:CAP 2021 Championship
Single Elimination Tournament with the top 12 players of the circuit - December

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Gonna do pre-dix cause Mx is a merciful God and didn't make me play round robin. Also surprised that DLC didn't send me to the gulag for the millionth time!

3-1 Bracket

HaaiL  vs  خسدڭۋە - Gibraltar slayer has the help of the Spanish speaking world while i wasn't impressed at all with any of of haail's games.
Fakee  vs  Steam Buns - the Western Australia menace is currently building some hot teams that aren't his usual microwave reheated spaghetti (see: max def red card Magnezone to switch into Acrobatics Cawm), but Fakee is a formidable opponent. Highlight match!
DetroitLolcat  vs  Dj Breloominati♬ - DLC is gonna bring something that kills Porygon2 and win game 3.
Heaven Jay  vs  SHSP - best match of the tour, two veteran players who are gonna get inside their own heads and lose in the builder, but mutually. Will Jay realize SHSP hasn't brought a Water-resist once in his life? Will SHSP click with more confidence than even pannuracotta and his headassery make him come out on top? No one knows.
Mx  vs  Darek - I am gonna he honest, I spent too long thinking about this match-up and then realised Darek is gonna hax Mx. Both players are great but if Mx played a metagame that he couldn't be crit/frozen/fully para'd every turj, he wouldn't drop a single game.
IloveScaldBurns  vs  AnnaMyers - I am more in tune with how ScaldBurns plays.

2-2 Bracket

Maxouille  vs  Nalorium - act call: my opponent spent 3 hours playing Emerald Kaizo.
Mr.Bossaru  vs  Earthflax - Bossaru brings the same team all 3 games just cteam.
D2TheW  vs  ashbala99 - 2-1 because Haxorus is gonna run into Doublade and D2 is gonna cry
Atha  vs  CallMeDrippyT - I hope Atha doesn't bring something passive because DrippyT will def punish that, but once more I think atha outclasses quite clearly here.
Aurodian  vs  Rage.Spam.Quit. - another great series here, I think RSQ is gonna want to do well this round and bring something he's comfortable with. Aurodian is no slouch, of course, but I don't think they're quite as comfortable with the way the metagame looks.
SunMYSER  vs  Zephyri - no more UwUs, the world has progressed past the need for catboy talk.
dex  vs  pannuracotta - [redaxted]
Tadasuke  vs  quziel - I'm sorry Tada, but in the real world, the PhD student gets the girl.
The Metric System vs poopidoopii - the hero of the people has lost some steam but he's still a great player in my heart. This is the only biased prediction in here, forgive me Metric.

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
If u can't play today... Shall we get extension btw :/
Aight, calling act it's been an hour and a half and my oppo is a no show. I gave em extra time because they were helpful in scheduling but I'm afraid I don't have all day :pirate:

I have waited for my rival since yesterday and he did not answer me, and I have already reached the time limit to play. Asking for act and proofs on my wall

Reactions: Mx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)