CAP27 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1588273963522.png

~ Snake on Fajaaaah ~

Yo, check it out, brah!! Got tatted up like crayZee!!
Hurted like hell ... but now ... I'm hotter than hell!

#TattedForLife #NoPainNoGain #CoronaAintStoppingMe :fukyu:

~ Snake on Fajaaaah out ~

WIP
https://imgur.com/uV9Gfya
1588395696583.png

Haven't really been happy with ideas for this CAP yet up until this point when I started playing around with a tube worm design. The connection to underwater volcanoes lends itself pretty well to the fire type, and it focuses more on the smoke and ash from volcanoes instead of the fire, like torkoal and entei's designs.

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Final Submission

A dragon based on the mythical fire-spewing Chimera! The chimera was part snake, part lion, part goat, but this design seamlessly fuses all those elements into one draconic beast! Can ravage physically with claws, bite or tail, and can even use its snake part to justify attacks such as Toxic (which became a rare move this gen!). Its a beast of legend and surely will always scrap for a fight, so might just use its mythical snake side to justify Regenerator! Its also built a lot like a lion, which justify stats a lot, since alongside being massive for the big HP, lions are also quite fast!

Big thanks to Pip, Sun, Quanyails, Roland le Preaux and Wahrer for feedback and support

Last edited:
WIP

Here it is, jumping from Discord to the forums: "Quetzy", the "morning sun dinosaur".

The Concept

This Pokémon takes inspiration from multiple sources, namely the Quetzalcoatl (the "feathered snake") for the general lore, the real-life resplendent quetzal for the colors and the Wulong bohaiensis (also known as "dancing dragon") for the body shape.

How do those elements connect to CAP27 as a whole?

The Quetzalcoatl has many myths and origins tied to it, but among the various attributes it is known as the symbol of death and resurrection, who resurrected mankind as some point (referencing Regenerator), as well as the god of the morning star or as the fifth sun (referencing the fire-typing). It is also helpful toward mankind by donating them corn and helping with agricullture, symbolizing its role as a supportive deity.

The Wulong bohaiensis is, as mentioned above, also known as the "dancing dragon" (as such donating the Dragon typing). It is a recently discovered species connects dinosaurs and birds further than previous species, and this element acts as a "glue" between the Quetzalcoatl part and its bird origins. Also, its body shape similar to ostriches gives it powerful legs to symbolize speed (as a reference to 114 speed).

The Resplendent quetzal acts as a sort of inside pun of quetzalcoatl and gives the vibrant colors, accompanied by fireworks/explosions for the aspect of the mane on its head.

As an extra note, the chest feathers are essentially a very simplified reference to a Mayan vest, which is also seen in Quetzalcoatl's human form.

Big shoutout to Quanyails and Roland le Preaux for their great feedback and to all Discord peeps for showing so much support. Y'all are great!

WIP

Decided to work a little more on this thing and finalize everything before subs close. I added a few extra rings so the body doesn't have too much negative space, lightened up the lower jaw so the shading is more clear, and made the chest more buff and humanoid-looking so it's more visible and conveys the whole "humanoid serpent" deal better. I believe this should be the final update prior to my final submission. Thanks again to everyone on Discord who provided feedback!

And here's the bonus stuff I plan to include as well:
High-definition artwork
Support artwork

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
WIP

At the suggestion of the peeps over on Discord (thanks again, you guys!), I went ahead and made an entirely new pose for my design to help sell the speed aspect of it a bit more. I also modified the head fin and added a drip effect to the glass coating on the claws. think it turned out pretty nicely! Now I just need to work a bit more on the lighting and shading (maybe make a supporting art piece or two) and it should be as good as finalized.

Let's just hope it survives the secondary ability poll! >_>

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

The vote was split, but ultimately, this was the design that came out on top! Thanks to everyone who voted! Given the results of Secondary Ability Poll 1, I feel comfortable submitting this.

Design concepts:
  • Fireworks
  • Axolotl
  • Magical girl
  • Eastern dragon
Justification:
  • Regenerator: Axolotls are well-known for their regenerative abilities, so Regenerator is a natural fit.
  • Mixed offensive attack stats: A firework would wreathe itself in flames and charge into opponents (Flare Blitz), and a magical girl would call on the heavens to rain divine justice down on opponents (Draco Meteor). If it gets Fire Lash, you can imagine it using either its long tail or the streamers on its head to whip the opponent.
  • 114 speed: The Pokemon is patterned after lithe, graceful Pokemon like Mienshao and Serperior, which have fast stat spreads. You can also see from the pose alone that this Pokemon is the type to move fast. :)
  • Supporting attacks: We don't know what moves the Pokemon will get, but Wish is an option people are interested in. This Pokemon is a natural fit with magical Pokemon that get Wish like Clefable and Delphox.

Supporting sketches:

• Tweaked position of streamers.
  • Made the claws on the front hands tougher-looking, in response to poll feedback and to make it fit a physical attacker.
  • Added shading.
  • Made the color palette more cohesive, in response to poll feedback.
  • I also tried giving the skirt more volume, but I didn't like any of the attempts. I still want to acknowledge that I gave that feedback from the poll a try, though. :)
  • Tweaked curvature of mouth.
  • Tweaked shape of eye.
  • Made head frills vertically symmetrical.
Thanks to the following folks on Discord for their feedback, as well as everyone who gave feedback in the poll!
  • AmamamA
  • Bobsican
  • Roland le Preaux
  • Wahrer

• Head:
    • Conical face shape resembles head of firework rocket
    • Pale face matches that of an axolotl's
    • Pale face evokes the "white hot" head of a firework
    • Frills match the head frills of an axolotl
    • Starry eyes look magical
    • Frills look like bursts of flame to resemble head of firework rocket
    • Frills glow to signal firework inspiration
    • Streamers evoke magical girl twintails
    • Streamers evoke firework trails
    • Streamers evoke eastern dragon antlers
  • Body:
    • Elongated body matches proportions of eastern dragons
    • "Dress" evokes magical girl imagery
    • Diamond patterns evoke jewelry/magical girl imagery
    • Diamond patterns clarify the body shape
    • Diamond patterns resemble arrows and lead the user up to the head
    • "Frills" on the dress evoke ascending firework imagery
  • Limbs:
    • Pale limbs match those of an axolotl
    • Humanoid limbs let the design make flashy, dramatic poses
  • Tail:
    • Long tail evokes the end of a firework
    • Sparkles on tail adds to magical girl sparkliness
    • Sparkles on tail evokes the end of a firework
    • Sparkles on tail resembles the stars in a night sky
    • Tail plume resembles axolotl fin
    • Tail plume resembles fire
    • Tail plume resembles depictions of eastern dragon tails
  • Colors:
    • Bright colors evoke fireworks' radiance
    • Bright colors evoke magical girls' radiance
    • Red/yellow: Fire-type emphasis
    • Blue: Emphasizes sky connection
    • White: Axolotl color
Additionally:
  • Pose:
    • Makes the design look like it's soaring into the sky
    • Makes the design look fast and dynamic
    • Emphasizes silhouette
  • Shading:
    • Emphasizes firework brightness

Last edited:
Final Submission

Supporting Orthographic Art
Supporting Gmax Sketch :)

Heres my final design, its a dragon based on the Heraldic Welsh Dragon. This dragon appears on various British flags throughout history (also on war flags) and I decided to go with flag-like wings based on that theme. Its war-theme extends into its knight-like exoskeleton also! Its role as a kind of "standard bearer"/bannerman as a rally point in war is fitting of an offensive support. I also wanted to go with a British design since we are in a British region!
I also included the theme of dragons "weak spots" with the broken "X" on its chest, where dragons are thought to be unkillable when hitting them anywhere apart from one fatal spot. This ties into its Regenerator ability. I tried to give it a body type that could be both tall to indicate its high base HP, as well as fast with its streamlined wings and mobile legs.
Thanks a lot to everyone who gave me feedback, this is the most thought that has gone into my entries by far with 3 different submission ideas I worked on + lots of iterations, but Im really happy with the end result.

Last edited:

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

hi this is my submission. it has a lot of inspiration. it is based on the australian venomous hedgehog, which has poison as potent as a third degree burn. this justifies the fire type. for dragon type, i modeled it after the mythological sweedish dragon shrew, which in germany has a history for being a badass.

the arms and tail heat up because it's really close to its hair, which is not actually fire but it's really sick. i think this helps justify the attack stat. it has armor but i think someone said it's not supposed to be defensive so it's going to be made of plastic. i think this also makes it speedy because plastic is sorta light. i haven't found a bullshit way to incorporate regenerator yet but u can assume it has the soul of a phoenix

supporting art:

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Modpost:

You have 48 hours to finalize your designs before it's time for art polls! Make sure to follow the rules in the OP to avoid disqualification! If you need any help making a valid final submission post, feel free to hop on Discord and ask! The deadline in your time zone can be found here.

Final Submission

this concept started as a warog, a russian fire deity (with the form of a dragon), after that i just decided to have fun with the desing and drastically amplify all the russian aspects into a cossack, which ended up as a modern soldier.
The fire on the head represents a papaja or kubanka (classic, stereotypical russian hat, used by cossaks mostly), and the shoulderpads and kneepads are set to resemble a general outfit, while the wings are used as a cape for the more cossack kind of general.
Finally, one of the most important aspect of the desing is the canteen, designed to look like a natural berry from where the pokemon drinks fuel? or berry juice? whatever, certainly improving the soldier aspect of the desing while also fitting into the regenerator ability (or any recovery move for that sake)

imgur link:
https://imgur.com/gallery/Nm3q2ja

Last edited:

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

A Fire/Dragon Naga. Was a pretty tough typing to get down for me, hope it goes well; good luck to everyone!

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor
Final Submission

The base idea for my submission hasn't changed from its core: a fire spirit from a pot that plays on the idea of "reforging" itself, while also playing up the concept of "dragon but also kinda not". Compared to the original doodle that was just a sneetch emerging from a stumpy cauldron, this reimagining was based on pots with dragon motifs, in particular the Zhang Heng seismograph from ancient China with dragon heads sticking out the side. Fire gauntlets, along with a torso-shaped pot (compared to the round roly-poly pot from the original) also helped to accentuate the physical inclinations of CAP27's concept, while a serpentine lower body instead of cauldron legs worked wonders for introducing speed. Some additional highlights, plus Quanyails recommending stronger outlines for the fire, meant this guy was clear to come out of the oven... forge?

Of course, just because this fella isn't as adorable as the past few iterations ("OOGA BOOGA") doesn't mean he doesn't deserve some supporting art of his own:
- Final Submission boy being sleepy. One shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind that main body face, what dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty?
- Final Submission pressuring the metagame. Uh... at least that's how I think it works, I'm terrible at actual battling. I leave to viewers to imagine what Clefable and Mollux are making of all this. Captions on a postcard.

It's been a heck of a process watching this guy go from sneetch to a serious bruiser, an end result which was a lot of fun and would not have been possible without the inspiration and support of the CAP Discord. Shoutouts to Quanyails, Falchion, A_Magical_Liopleurodon, Roland le Preaux, Wahrer, Slapperfish and AmamamA for their input. I probably forgot a few despite a few backtracks of the flavor channel, for which I apologise - designing this guy would not have felt nearly as enjoyable or rewarding without you. Heartfelt thanks, and well wishes to all the other entries!

Final Submission

The idea behind my submission has remained as a dragon/pterosaur. Fire is important in the Hindu religion because of the four cultural elements (water, fire, air, and earth), fire is the only one that cannot be polluted, so I based my design around my religion and incorporated a lot of peacock qualities, as it's the national bird of India. Hopefully I've done justice to this design!

Male peacock feathers usually contain brown egg-shaped spots with black and blue interiors. I decided these could loosely resemble a flame if the interior was yellow and the brown part was instead red (or in this case, a combination of rose + red), which is what the feathers of the tail, face, and feet are supposed to be. I took a large inspiration from Indian shawls and silk for the wings. I also chose this pose for my submission so that the wings could add into the splendor of the spread-out tail rather than distract viewers, like in the pose I used for my WIP post some time back. I truly didn't know how I wanted to do the eyes for a 3/4 perspective, as they were easier in my side-angle pose in my WIP. Ultimately, I decided to use a different color and new eye design that matched better with the rest of the art, and the general consensus of the CAP Discord was approval. As for the tail, I used a deconstructed "Om" symbol to make the design, which is found in the "three's", circle, and C rotated 90 degrees. I added a bit more blue as well so that the wings wouldn't be the only part with the color. As for a potential movepool, I figured the claws, thin whip-like wings, and large tail would be enough to justify moves such as Dragon Claw, Fire Lash, and Dragon Tail, as well as usual standbys such as Outrage and Flare Blitz. The focus on Hinduism and purity lead me to feel that Wish, Screens, and Defog all made sense on this design as well.

I wish I had more time to make supporting art, but finals took up that time for the past two weeks (which thankfully went extremely well), which also led to some pretty rudimentary shading for this submission. Nonetheless, I had a wonderful and educational experience in making my first ever CAP art submission! I learned how to use Medibang Paint Pro to a decent level, learned about how a general Pokemon design goes, and received lots of help at every step of the process from the CAP Discord. Big special thanks to Quanyalis, Roland le Preaux, Kaiju Bunny, Slapperfish, AmamamA, Mackerel Gospel, pip7, and Zephyr2007, and everyone else in the Discord! Even in my brief stints of self-doubt during this process, I was cheered on until the finish and I am happy with what I have made! From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for helping me grow as a budding artist, and I can't wait to see what comes out of CAP27! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Final Submission

I'm one of those people who is EXTREMELY new to CAP, as in I joined this community about a month ago. The community has been extremely welcoming and fun in general. Big thanks to AmamamA, A_Magical_Liopluerodon, Conics, Sunfished, Slapperfish, Quanyails, Roland Le Preaux, Wahrer, Pipotchi, Magistrum, and everyone else on the Discord server for their invaluable feedback on the design.

The design is based on two main things, lizard autotomy and tribal warriors. Lizard autotomy is a phenomenon wherein lizards shed their tails in order to escape/ frighten predators, later growing them back again. Similarly, this mon uses its tails as weapons to fight with! The other major concept involved is tribal warriors. The theme of a tribal warrior can be seen in the mask and the markings all around its body.

The speed is justified by this pokemon's similarity in body shape to Sceptile, Heliolisk and Garchomp and the attack stat is justified by its mastery of its weapons. Regenerator is suitable for the pokemon due to one of its main concepts, autotomy, which is literally regeneration.

Imgur link to higher-res picture: https://imgur.com/a/9ecdTGo
Link to back sketch: https://imgur.com/Gkieu6X

Once again, I'd like to thank the community for its support, enthusiasm, and welcoming attitude. May the best man - or mon - win!

Last edited:
Final Submission

The candelabra hydra is back with claws! With it's lithe Komm-o like form, this final version of the candle dragon fits the more physical stats better than its previous iterations -- though I think any special supporting moves will fit well too given blowing out candles often has a magical wishing aspect to it. Its copper coloring not only suggests fiery typing, but also lightness in lieu of defensiveness. If it needs to be switched out, it's happy to regenerate with a new head to get back in the front. For some flavor I added a candle snuffer for the tail, which I imagine is used in territory fights between candelabra hydras.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback along the way, was v helpful!

Last edited:
Final Submission

More info about the concept here, but for a TLTR checklist:

- Regenerator: Quetzalcoatl is known as the "god of rebirth/resurrection" in some myths, which is very close to Ho-Oh's own lore with Regenerator.
- 114 Speed: The hybrid body shape of a Wulong — a species similar to a raptor — and an ostrich allow it to reach his speeds to hunt and attack.
- Dragon-typing: The Wulong bohaiensis is also known as "dancing dragon", which would allow Quetzy to click well with any dancing move, like Swords Dance and Dragon Dance. Even Rain Dance, if you follow the myth of the Quetzalcoatl being master of the winds and defender of agriculture.
- Fire-typing: Quetzalcoatl is the "god of the morning star" among things, and its mane takes inspiration from explosions and stars while the tail resembles a flame. Also, Quetzalcoatl can set itself ablaze without issues. The star theme would also make it an instant candidate for Draco Meteor.
- Physical prowess: Ostriches are surprisingly bulky and their kicks are extremely powerful. With their approximate weight of 350 pounds and powerful legs, they can seriously injure even lions.
- Support: Quetzalcoatl as a deity has been often helpful toward humans and the likes, even going as far as resurrecting humanity at some point.

Last edited:
Final Submission

(File size: 78.4 KB)

Bonus Artwork:
Whew! This was a massive endeavor, necessitating multiple do-overs and many, many edits over the past month and a half, but overall I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. This may be my favorite CAP art sub yet, and it was truly a pleasure bringing this danger noodle to life! Thank you so much for your help, everyone, and best of luck to all of the entrants! :D

The overall concept of this CAP is as a support fighter instead of a direct combatant, meaning that the design also had to look powerful due to its emphasis on offense, but not give an air of destructiveness at the same time. After sifting through several ideas that didn't pan out, I settled on a combination of the naga fireball phenomenon, a strange glowing light that appears annually over the Mekong River of Southeast Asia, and the Phaya Naga, a variety of the naga water serpents of Hindu mythology which is also known from the Mekong and is what the naga fireball is associated with. The fireball itself has yet to be explained scientifically, with explanations ranging from naturally generated electrified plasma to ignited swamp gas, but it was nonetheless ascribed in local folklore to the magical powers of the naga so much that the name stuck. Naga are synonymous with dragons in East Asian culture, so it'd be easy to ascribe a Dragon typing to one, and the Fire typing should be self-explanatory.

My initial idea for this design was a dragon-shaped fire elemental, but after the stat spread was decided such that it'd be a physical attacker, I instead made the support art reveal it to have an animal body underneath, but with fire emitted from its skin for protection. In any case, it has a serpent's head and tail, and the chest and arms of a human, based on a stylization of how nagas can turn into people (meaning that they're either pure human or pure snake most of the time, the half-human half-snake ones seen everywhere on the Internet actually being much rarer than most assume). The horn on its snout was additionally inspired by Phaya Naga statues such as this one, which is also what led to the armor being added along various parts of the body for visual interest, including a bejeweled mask on its face and a collar to match. Add in some fins with swirls like in various East Asian artworks and some large, vicious-looking hand claws, and you have a design that looks at once mystical and ferocious, well-suited to its intended role.
  • Fire-type: The very name "naga fireball" should make this obvious. Since this is an organic, flesh-and-blood creature, though, I decided to have the fire be a cloak of sorts emitted from pores in its skin, making it look larger and more imposing than it really is.
  • Dragon-type: Nagas are equated to dragons in many Asian cultures familiar with Hinduism, with some countries like Indonesia even using "naga" as the word for "dragon".
  • Regenerator: The fiery "coating" around the true body is what takes damage, which also justifies the high base HP (though I imagine it'd be impressively large as well). As more damage is taken I imagine the fire starts becoming more and more faint. Upon retreating, it will reignite and rejuvenate itself. This is, of course, a reference to how some cultures have ascribed immortality to snakes in folklore due to the way they shed and renew their skins.
  • Fast physical attacker: The lithe, graceful shape of this design lends well to being quick, especially when underwater (Dragon offsetting Fire's weakness to Water doesn't hurt, either). In battle, it fights by using the flames covering its body to enhance the power of its attacks, putting its fangs, claws, horns, and lashing tail to good use. Of course, given that the special attack score is no slouch either, one can easily imagine it sending forth the flames covering its body to attack with, or even spitting fire like a typical dragon portrayal (not to mention that the anime also portrays Dragon Breath and other such attacks as being fiery).
  • Support role: Nagas are frequently portrayed as being benevolent, protective creatures. The theme of this design as a sort of guardian owes a lot to this depiction, which would also be solid justification for carrying moves meant to both protect allies and fend off enemies.
Kudos go out to everyone on Discord who gave their feedback and suggestions, but especially the following: Cretacerus, Salient, Quanyails, AmamamA, Pipotchi, Wahrer, Reiga, and Sunfished!

Last edited:
Final Submission

My shooting star dragon, which was inspired by the Draco/Tianlong constellation. Its flowing mane burns bright as it soars overhead, and the patterns on its body twinkle like stars. The yellow patches are where new scales are growing, and the older ones are shed as it flies. It's said that finding a star-shaped scale from this Pokemon can make any wish come true.

Supporting Art:
Reference Sheet

Last edited:

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Supporting Art:

While not initially my first concept, I ultimately decided to go with a glassblower dragon for my design, with visual inspirations taken from both the cockatrice and basilisk. The glassblowing aspect of the design is meant to be a subversion on the idea that many dragons traditionally breathe fire, and this — along with the "silly but serious" nature of the design — lends itself well to the concept of an offensive support.

The idea is that it's too awkward to move swiftly on land, so it has adapted by super-heating the ground around it into molten glass and traveling swiftly through the magma like an Olympic swimmer. However, it can also put the molten glass it creates to a variety of different uses: Augmenting attacks with its whip-like tail by splashing foes with magma, flinging magma into the air that hardens into walls and screens to protect itself and its allies, giving its claws an extra bit of hardness and sharpness to pierce defenses, and even shooting blown glass from its nostrils at high speeds as a deadly projectile.

Regenerator works perfectly for the design as well, since it is effectively a living glass furnace with an renewable supply of material at its disposal, capable of reforming any cracked or broken glass covering its body at will. Additionally, spas and certain hot springs are well-known for their therapeutic uses, and the fact that it pretty much has its own hot tub also plays well into CAP 27's natural rejuvenation.

Once again, a huge thanks to everyone over on Discord who helped me perfect this design! Good luck in the polls, everyone!

Last edited:
Final Submission

Thanks to everyone in the discord for the help! My concept started out as a kaiju peahen but eventually took on a lot of cockatrice influences to help reinforce the dragon concept. It was originally closer to a peahen which is why the tail isn't as extravagant as it could be, but I imagine it's prehensile to compensate and gives it some additional range. Some supplementary art:

hi-res with fu manchu (male variant?)

hi-res without (female variant?)

colored sketch 1

colored sketch 2 (original concept for the final art)

flamethrower

meeting delibird

cool kickflip! (it was originally supposed to be clambering over a log or something)

Last edited:
Final Submission

The amphithere dragon has returned, this time with a more pleasant and more flaming design.
This dragon is based in the type of amphithere dragons that are thin dragons with great wings of a more snake-like body. I used as inspiration several elements such as butterfly wings and even anime fires, even though it does not have so many characteristics of them. In this design I tried to cause a more intimidating or aggressive impression taking Aerodactyl as inspiration, leaving him with a physique and speed face also due to his wings.
•Type Fire:The dragon's face already represents fire as a whole, eyes with flame wounds on his body and beautiful wings of flame, which makes a perfect face for this type.
•Type Dragon: The dragon type, on the other hand, can be clearly observed by the body being similar to the body being similar to a dragon type, making evident the chosen type.
•Regenerator: About the regenerator you can observe the posture of your body almost like a Tornadus-Therian or a Mienshao, the thing that makes the idea of regenerator most clear is the Amphithere base and the marks on the body.
•Support Role:For a design difference that may seem less "friendly" it is easy to imagine this dragon using its wings to make defog and tailwind, with its large and elongated tail gives an idea of dragon tail that will offensively help hazards setters. But looking at a mystical part of that dragon, a capability would be execution of the wish moves, light screen and finally reflect, based on Salamence and even Aerodactly that learns these moves.
•Stats: Its design helps a lot to see something more offensive being perfect the offensive stats and its speed and even its weakness to special moves, but its life and its defense is more noticed by the character of its apparently injured body, and its wings that can be used as defense.
I am very grateful to my friends who helped me and Quan who guided me on errors of this design, thank you very much for not letting me give up <3

Last edited:
Final Submission

Supporting art

So this design is based on a (veloci-)raptor and matchsticks. While the raptor part is kind of self-explanatory, the matchstick theme can be seen in the shape of the tail, and the matchbox pattern on its hips.

Dragon/Fire type: It's a dinosaur... ON FIRE.
Regenerator: Its tail slowly burns up and gets shorter like a matchstick while it is aflame, but regenerates when not burning.
Stats: Raptors are very fast and have big hooked claws which they use for clinging to and tearing apart their prey, so the fast physical bias definitely fits. This design would also be able to swing around its flaming tail for big damage. I don't think raptors are very durable at all, but this dude is kinda thicc so I guess that would work for the high HP stat but lower defenses.
Offensive support: While I don't think this guy would be very friendly at all, it would be able to support its teammates by crippling its opponent just fine. Also, its tail can light up dark places for a while!

I'd like to thank the people on Discord who helped improve this design through their feedback!

Last edited:

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
WIP

I am pressing to get my design finished today. It is based on the Roman God of Fire who is a blacksmith, so it is mostly a furnace theme. Linework is pretty much complete:

Now it's crunch time to get the coloring done and a finished artwork out the door!

Final Submission

Supporting Art showing how it attacks

Despite being a far cry from my first version, the core concept of the design is still the same, being based on the caduceus. This lends itself perfectly to the role of offensive support, as the caduceus is a magical staff, but is also commonly associated with medicine. In this case, the source of this pokemon's magic comes from the fire crystal and orb on its head and neck and gives this pokemon its fire typing. Of course, being a 3-headed snake with wings is pretty self-explanatory for the dragon typing. This design also shows off CAP 27's mixed offensive stats, as it is able to uncoil and strike with its snake heads for physical attacks and use its magical staff properties for special attacks, and also shows off CAP 27's high speed thanks to its wings. For Regenerator, this mon is able to regrow the two snakes on the side, but can't regrow its main head.

Edit: Fixed Imgur Link attachment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)