CaPmon Sprite Revamping

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
all the baby caps are really cute! :D except privatyke but he cant help it that his concept is a grungy salty dog of the sea ):
(sorry my post is p much contentless, but i hadn't happened upon this thread and colosshale especially was a pleasant surprise)

all of these are amazing even though half or more could only qualify as legendaries imo

give yourselves a pat in the back creators, if I worked for a gamefreak-like company I'd hire you

Heya guys, I was looking at Shiny Arghonaut's sprites...and just...the color pallet seemed like it could be improved (alot). May I toss out a suggestion?

Also, a suggestion for Shiny Privatyke perhaps? I noticed he was lacking a Shiny Sprite, so here's what I came up with (which in retrospect is identical to Arghonaut's shiny sprite).

Thoughts?

Edit: Noticed that Colosshale was lacking a Shiny Sprite as well.

Thoughts?

I dig them, green is my favorite color and purple is also great, and I think you used them both well. However, considering that the normal Privatyke's cyan skin is lighter and more blue than normal Arghonaut's skin, maybe you could make a similar distinction between the two as shinies?

Something like this, I mean:

I dig them, green is my favorite color and purple is also great, and I think you used them both well. However, considering that the normal Privatyke's cyan skin is lighter and more blue than normal Arghonaut's skin, maybe you could make a similar distinction between the two as shinies?

I like that, looks like it goes from being a pale skinned noobie, to being a sun bronzed pirate boss =P

Ah, that looks rather nice. :3 I was just....Orange/White seemed like a rather unappealing color scheme... :x

Toast, those colors were chosen for Arghonaut's shiny by the original spriter way back during Arghonaut's CAP process. They really aren't up for being changed. As a matter of fact, this is exactly why Wyverii never changed them when updating the sprite for BW.

Alright, I did the shiny front sprites for Rebble, Bolderdash, Monohm, Duohm, Embirch, and Flarelm. I just used the shiny color scheme from their evolved forms, so let me know if you want a specific color scheme. Sorry about the white background thing, I don't know how to fix that :3

Oh, and also, I saw that Dusk didn't like the yellow submarine, so here ya go Dusk!:

Oh man, not a lot has gone on here whilst I was gone eh? Thanks to anybody who attempted to help. As for the shiny colourations above we won't be using the exact same colours across a whole evolutionary line. As far as I know it doesn't happen in the games. The red of the Colloshale is a bit high in saturation so it's not looking too good. For some reason everybody wants to make a shiny for shale. It's pretty funny.

To placate Dusk, who's probably going to kill me for not doing Pyroak months ago, here's some quick unfinished poses of Pyroak I drafted up this morning. I recall quite some time ago wanting something along the lines of Magmortar or Electivire. I changed the colour of the skirt to green for better colour balance since while standing up more fully the whole area is pretty yellow/brown. It also fits better with its prevolutions. Both sprites use the same bottom half.

At the moment I can see a lot of potential ways both sprites could be developed. The left sprite at the moment could be made more intense by lowering the head down and closing the mouth in a staredown with the opponent instead of the general roar/'whhhyyy' head pose. The arm of the right sprite could be lowered more towards the bottom left to make it look more like it's attacking the opponent's Pokémon rather than the aactual player. In the end it really depends on the amount of emotion and aggression people want in this sprite.

!!

I still really like the way the Magmortar-style sprite turned out. I knew with those arm cannons that it'd turn out sweet. The EVire one is pretty cool, but I think the aimed cannon just looks too sweet. On the flip-side, it's awesome that you pulled through and updated it all. I'm just glad to see anything at all.

>quick unfinished poses

those seem finished to me :O, guess that just proves just how far away in skill from you i am hahahaha. I wanna resprite one of the caps now...I wanna do Kitsunoh, if its allowed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)