Choosing Your Online Alias

Everyone on school calls me Rojo... has something to do with my first name I guess. And 23 is my lucky number.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
MS = Mysterious Stallion. I'm an aussie with italian heritage, so I picked the stallion part cause of all the italian stallion comments. The Mysterious was because I was pretty much an unknown at signup :).

My friend Klux picked out this name for me. We were talking about cool sounding names and Asma came out, and if you are wondering, no I don't have asthma.

mine is originates from the pokemon Milotic but with a twist because "Miltonic" is what i used to pronounce Milotic as back when i only had pokemon colosseum and played on a very crappy tv and i couldnt read the screen very well. it has been my alias since "Milotic" was usually taken in forums so i went with the alternative i came up with when i was younger and it stuck ever since.

I fail miserably if I go from what the first is about since I got mine from Anime, but since I really liked it I couldn't care less if it sounds nerdy or not, but I do use others depending if their available or not.

Ayashi - comes from the Anime Ayashi no Ceres, which I saw a while back and really liked the word Ayashi so it stuck.

Xeal - Actually came up with this name while I was trying to find a cool way of rearranging the letters in my name (Alex is my nickname but real name way too long).

Basically I like to take anything I think sounds cool or is original. I don't like adding numbers, unless they mean something significant. Always find it easier to remember names that are meaningful.

I absolutely hate numbers, I'd rather misspell words in my username than add numbers, though some mispellings don't look too bad.

a username nobody can spell correctly until I start bitching to them is pretty cool, and I guess it 'kinda' stands out and is easy to remember among all the anime character + numbers usernames there are (which thankfully don't exist here)

my brother was named stathis, which in turn is short for eustathios, which is the greek name for either steve or eustice (though nobody ever called him eustice, thank god). well, the greek language is kinda weird, and you can add akis to pretty much anything (masculine, or for neutral gendered you take away the 's') and it becomes a little less formal, a nickname of sorts (i.e. georgio = georgakis, dimitri = dimitrakis, etc etc). you can do the same to feminine words by adding 'oula' or sometimes 'itsa' (i.e. maria = maritsa, christina = christinoula, etc etc). you can do this not only with people's names but also with objects, which is how you get stuff like tiropitaki, stilaki, etc etc.

long story short, we all called him stathakis.

well, 5 years ago he drowned in a pool (he was 4 years old at the time), which dealt a pretty big blow to everyone, but most of all to me, as I blame myself for not sharing my pokemon ruby with him, which made him want to go do other stuff, which ended up in him finding our pool. so yea. well one day I decided I'd join gamespot to go on the metroid prime: hunters forum (still an awesome game) to ask everyone why they hated a guy named turismo2029, who I for some reason idolized. so in tribute I used the name stathakis. of course I mispelled the title, saying 'why does everyone hat turi' and got random shit like 'no, I glove turi' as well as massive flames. so yea. about a week later I was referred to smogon by some gamefaqs guide, and I was like holy shit these guys are amazing! so I lurked there for a while, watching the dp analyses get written and whatnot, too timid to join (I had turned 13 less than a month before). so on shoddy one day I was playing this guy (ultimatefreshness here), and he was like what forum do you go to? and I was like 'I lurk on smogon lol.' he was like 'you should join' and I was like, I guess so. I couldn't think of anything better to put, so I just used stathakis.

so yea, story of my life. basically I just used my brother's name in tribute to him.

but seriously, it's pretty damn funny to watch people trying to spell those usernames that are hard to spell. I used to get offended when people mispelled my username, as it was my brother's name, but I got over it when I realized that they didn't mean anything and that it wasn't gonna stop.

I guess this isn't the answer anyone was looking for. congratulations if you managed to read through this.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
378 is my favorite number(For no reason), and Mr just sounded ordinary.I think it's a plain name but it's been stuck with me since 2006 and I use it on every forum I go to(Except GameFAQS, I'm Mr3790 there).

Sklez is now my online alias wherever I go, and I'd like to think it's almost completely unique. It's my actual nickname irl too, a play on my last name as some people find it hard to say. Its also funny/awkward when someone types it into google and finds pics of me in the smogon photo album.

Before this it was Skuzmeister and before that, back in or around 2000 it was Eggman### or something to do with eggs.

Galahad dates back to when I first started starcraft, and I thought quite highly of myself, so I named myself after a great knight from legend. Of course I'm less self centered now, and don't Galahad was as good of a knight as I did before (Galahad the chaste >.>) but I like the name, and it's stuck.

I was just trying t othink of a decent name for Serebii seeing how I was ''thepokesquad'' on youtube. It was the best idea I had. Turns out that there was German blogger named erla dis when I googled my screen name.

zathura has a nice ring to it
however, the movie was so thoroughly bad that i've since used celery1 occasionally, which is not very good
or caonima

I started playing pokemon when Spider-man 3 first released, which was last year, pretty noobish name, but I'm good with it. I'm forced to use numbers in my name when registering in different places, my nickname isn't exactly original.
Yes, but hopefully people will think "Hey Venom is that cool comic book character" not "Hey Venom is that dumb movie character who was nothing like his comic book counterpart".

In any case, my username has quite a history behind it (not really). The username was first used on gameFAQs by my brother, and I had a seperate account. The name was derived from the nickname of a pro wrestler (lol) whom my brother liked at the time. I didn't use my account very often and after going on several different forums using various usernames, I started using his gameFAQs account. I ended up being linked to a different forum from the RS boards and I decided to keep my username on gameFAQs. Since then, I have used "theamericandream38" or "tad38" on almost every forum, etc.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There I was, a young lad trying out this new program I found called "NetBattle". I entered a quick username, my initials JR, because I couldnt think of anything else...then I tried logging onto the most popular server "Smogon" and got auto-kicked because someone already had that username registered. Then I went back into the team builder and held the r button down at the end for a few seconds to make my nick different but with the same general idea....and the legend was born.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
There I was, a young lad trying out this new program I found called "NetBattle". I entered a quick username, my initials JR, because I couldnt think of anything else...then I tried logging onto the most popular server "Smogon" and got auto-kicked because someone already had that username registered. Then I went back into the team builder and held the r button down at the end for a few seconds to make my nick different but with the same general idea....and the legend was born.
I was waiting for this one

When I started my young netbattle days, I was just discovering the english language, and 'Doomsday' stood out as a really cool word to me. However, I was nothing more than 14 at that time, so I obviously had to go with something all shadowy, hence the very mocked "DoOmSdAy_ShAdOw" (alt. caps were such a fad back then). Since Smogon was the only internet place I took a liking to, and everyone here was so much smarter than me, I gradually began to enhance it - first to Doomsday_Shadow and then only to Doomsday, thank god, without any '_' or darkness shit.
My name has nothing to do with the Superman villain.

Lately though, I've been enjoying Cisquo as a variation of my real name (I use it on MSN and last.fm), but I have this big list of nicknames I can use if something's taken. Most of those are taken from music. For example, on another forum I visit very rarely I'm known as 'Xystus', based on the band, and an awesome word on itself.

Thats my name, Toby. After using a plethora of ideas for names derived off of good old RPGs, I decided to just be me. And surprisingly, 99% of the forums Im at havent had the name used. Bliss.

Cheers!

I love explaining my screen name to people.

As long as I can remember, I've liked anime (stay with me here). It started out with stuff like Dragonball Z, Ruroni Kenshin, and whatever was on Toonami before it went down the toilet. After a while, I started to get a bit picky with my anime, so I started asking around to see what was good. Turns out there's this guy who's called "Miyazaki" (first name Hayao btw) and he makes amazing stuff. I look him up and I see Howl's Moving Castle on the list of anime he's made. I decide to see the movie and I'm entranced by a funny little fire demon named Calcifer. He reminded me of myself.

pic

Zelda has always been a part of my life. One of my favorite Zelda games is the Wind Waker. I still can't tell you why exactly, but it's my second favorite game of all time, falling in right behind Paper Mario (2). Anyway, for those of you who don't know, the game has a lot to do with wind. It turns out that one of the wind gods is named Zephos. I thought that was a really, really cool name and he looked magical, therefore awesome.

Oh and he has a brother Cyclos which just didn't sound as cool.

pic:

So, I tried registering on to the original Nsider forums 3 years ago and both names were taken. I combined the two and bam; Calciphoce was born.

Well, I was playing through my Leaf Green game, trying to catch an Adamant Mewtwo (which I got!) and as soon as I picked up an Eevee, I decided that I'd evolve a Jolteon, which I seriously haven't even looked at using since I was a kid. I maxed its EV's out painstakingly in the Lavender Tower and by Pallet Town, ugh. Then I proceeded to put my other pokes away and sweep THE ENTIRE GAME with Jolteon. It ended up having low speed IVs, ending up at 356 at lv 100, but I was still enthused about the idea of such a fast Special attacker.

Run. Jolteon. Run.

For example, if you sign up on a forum where you can't change your name (like Smogon), and you name yourself something like "Marth" (your SSBB Main), your name will lose it's meaning if you change your main, or drop SSBB.
I don't main Captain Falcon any more, but I still recognize him as the coolest, most manly videogame charecter ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)