Complain about your stupid and probably insignificant problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the kids who are both arrogant and try-hard at my school. kids gloat at me because they beat me in an exam in their hardest class which is also my 4th hardest class, after they studied all week and I didn't give a fuck because I have 3 harder classes to give a fuck about.

in other words I hate pre-meds. these motherfuckers are everywhere. each one thinks he is unique and special and awesome but in reality they are all the same.

I have started to condescendingly call pre-meds "doctor *insert name here*" and it brings me a lot of satisfaction.

there are a few exceptions i.e. the people who actually should be going to med school and becoming doctors but most of them just suck.

I also hate when kids whine about their 19-credit hour schedules but then you look at the schedule and like 8 hours are for dance and massage therapy classes and the schedule is actually easy as shit

^ that also can be summarized by hating pre-meds

I also hate pedants and if I didn't use double standards for other people and myself I'd probably hate myself

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ha i very much like stath's post

i also hate pedants, they are the god damned worst

only people worse than pedants are arm chair quarterbacks and firestorm

i also hate eo ut mortus' post in here

fuck you (BAN ME PLEASE) ima type how i wanna

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I feel guilty: this describes exactly the way i post. i'm sorry for it. however, i personally have the opposite opinion and find capitals and sharply punctuated sentences annoying, and also i feel like typing with capitals implies a kind of assurance in my own posts that i don't really have, so this feels more specified to my specific consciousness and way of thinking/writing. i do understand how it can be frustrating though.
Nah, you shouldn't feel guilty, lol (and I refuse to apologize for my pedantry or the way I type). I actually felt guilty because a number of people responded to my post afterwards, and with the exception of decidedly shitty user ballabrown24, I had never realized that any of them posted that way. In retrospect, the posts that specifically bother me are the ones that come off as trying too hard to be casual/funny, and for whatever reason, they just always seem to use the no caps, no punctuation typing style.

Kind of related to Stath's post, I dislike how largely my majors have defined my identity in college. It's not as though I have no interest in what I have chosen to pursue; it's that I feel like my interests are not adequately described by labels as broad as "English" or "Computer Science," and furthermore, I feel as if these majors have imposed on me expectations that I do not or do not want to meet.

I also hate aldaron and am glad I called him out with my post.

in other words I hate pre-meds. these motherfuckers are everywhere. each one thinks he is unique and special and awesome but in reality they are all the same.

I have started to condescendingly call pre-meds "doctor *insert name here*" and it brings me a lot of satisfaction.

there are a few exceptions i.e. the people who actually should be going to med school and becoming doctors but most of them just suck.

I also hate when kids whine about their 19-credit hour schedules but then you look at the schedule and like 8 hours are for dance and massage therapy classes and the schedule is actually easy as shit

^ that also can be summarized by hating pre-meds

I also hate pedants and if I didn't use double standards for other people and myself I'd probably hate myself
yessssssssssssssssssss

MARVEL GET THE EFFING RIGHTS FOR XMEN SPIDEY AND F4. i want my nice avengers saga
Actually if Marvel just gives the Ultimate properties separate trademarks and gives the characters different costumes, they can use them in the movies.

also civil war guys, civil war for avengers 5.
I will break you.

Anyway, my bitching: As a competitive Smash Bros. Brawl player; if you play Melee, please shut the fuck up. You guys are seriously the worst fanbase in history. We fucking get it, you didn't like Brawl, but it has been FIVE FUCKING YEARS and you people are still ranting about how it ruined everything and shitting up every single thread that you go into. If that wasn't bad enough, you spread blatant lies (No, Sakurai didn't want Brawl to be causal exclusive, he specifically stated that he wanted a balance. Yes, Brawl does have combos, just not as big as yours. No, Brawl is not a campfest, we just aren't as potentially as offensive as Melee) out of ignorance because you only saw Brawl in its infant stages. And the worst part is that we gave our money to help you get into EVO, we were your main backers and you definitely would not have gotten in there without us...and you still do this shit. Fuck you, if I ever hear one of you doing shit like this in real life I'm going to physically take my $50 back.

Not to say all Melee players are like this, just way more than there should be.

edit: more stuff:
-If you don't go to tournaments you're not a pro, unless you're top 50 on the ladder you're not great, and unless you're at the highest (or second highest, depending on what game you're playing) bracket you're not noticeably good. Please stop acting better than you actually are (I'm looking at you, high bracket DOTA2 players).
-Your opinions are completely 100% subjective and the people who disagree with you are not inherently less justified or intelligent than you are.

I complain about pedantry a lot. Unfortunately, "pedant" tends to mean "person I don't agree with". I'm not saying that there's no such thing as real pedantry, but I think it would make arguments easier to resolve if people actually used the word "pedantry" to refer to saying something that actually doesn't mean anything. Usage of common politically loaded words is a pretty good indicator of pedantry.

On the topic of competitive battling, I seriously hate how fucking amazing some of you are. I wanted to be suspect voter in OU, so I wasted an entire month of my Christmas break in a vain attempt to get regs. All that happened is that I leveled off at a certain point, and pointlessly battled getting nowhere for 3 weeks. I threw in the towel on ever doing anything like that again once I showed by team, which I had worked on for months, to Tabs, only to get laughed at and told it was garbage.

And yet people will get regs in a few nights with some random team they pull out there ass...

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I want to study for my exams and I want to do my presentation and some late work I haven't done for web design. But I'm always being distracted by random videos on Youtube and mostly replaying Persona 3 Portable. Sigh. Jesus christ. I wish I had more self-control. Either that, or I wish these things would disappear for a week, at least.

Many people, including me, have thought this at some point in our lives. At some point, though, we have to realize that it's a kind of arrogance to think this way. All it does is make us feel better temporarily while giving us an excuse to pull even further away from social interaction. The irony is, it's guaranteed somebody else feels the same way about you.

This isn't to say that people should never complain about stuff that happens to them. It's just that it's easy to take it too far.
My thoughts exactly, but I'm serious, everyone is dead in the brain. They are just a bunch if stupid conformnists.

Anyway, my bitching: As a competitive Smash Bros. Brawl player; if you play Melee, please shut the fuck up. You guys are seriously the worst fanbase in history. We fucking get it, you didn't like Brawl, but it has been FIVE FUCKING YEARS and you people are still ranting about how it ruined everything and shitting up every single thread that you go into. If that wasn't bad enough, you spread blatant lies (No, Sakurai didn't want Brawl to be causal exclusive, he specifically stated that he wanted a balance. Yes, Brawl does have combos, just not as big as yours. No, Brawl is not a campfest, we just aren't as potentially as offensive as Melee) out of ignorance because you only saw Brawl in its infant stages. And the worst part is that we gave our money to help you get into EVO, we were your main backers and you definitely would not have gotten in there without us...and you still do this shit. Fuck you, if I ever hear one of you doing shit like this in real life I'm going to physically take my $50 back.
At least people don't dismiss Brawl as a waifu simulator. Not to mention Skullgirls put up almost as much money to not get into EVO. While I'm on the fighting game rant, Persona 4 Arena has the best netcode I've ever seen in a fighting game and has next to no one playing outside of Europe where it just came out. Meanwhile Brawl's online invented the turn-based fighting game but I could get on some irc and find a match with someone actually good easily.

I want to study for my exams and I want to do my presentation and some late work I haven't done for web design. But I'm always being distracted by random videos on Youtube and mostly replaying Persona 3 Portable. Sigh. Jesus christ. I wish I had more self-control. Either that, or I wish these things would disappear for a week, at least.
This is basically me and the thing is that i know i shouldn't be doing it yet stop. Oh and smogon has contributed to my procrastination as well.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When I converted my US Dollars to Japanese yen for my trip to Japan, yen was pricier than USD, so that sorta sucked. Come 2 weeks when I returned to USA, yen is now cheaper than US Dollars, so each time I lost money from these currency adjustments ;(

I hate stream monsters (on the subject of fighting games). Not just stream monsters in general, but stream monsters who only come to watch a single game, and complain and belittle the fans and the games that they did not come to watch. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I, personally, enjoy watching all of the fighting games at the majors: I love watching Marvel, I love Street Fighter, I love xT, I'm very interested in Injustice: Zoning Among Us at the moment. I even love games that aren't as common on main stream in majors like Tekken, Soul Caliber, and Smash (all games, fuck Melee fanboys, I swear.). I have to rephrase: I don't hate stream monsters in general, but if you come to a stream to watch Marvel, and see that the Street Fighter tournament is just starting, then I would appreciate it if you didn't complain and act the ass, insulting a good game and the fans of said game because you don't like and go take your business somewhere else. Seriously, go watch fucking re-runs on YouTube or something.

Also, fuck Marvel Netcode. No explanation needed.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
What do you do when suddenly everyone around you starts to find you annoying and you have no fucking idea why?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
When I converted my US Dollars to Japanese yen for my trip to Japan, yen was pricier than USD, so that sorta sucked. Come 2 weeks when I returned to USA, yen is now cheaper than US Dollars, so each time I lost money from these currency adjustments ;(
USD right now is worth about 100 Japanese Yen.

I'm assuming you don't mean that you actually got fewer Yen that you had Dollars when you exchanged, and that instead the values of the currencies just didn't work out in your favor, because if it's the former, you kinda got really crewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)