Complain about your stupid and probably insignificant problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
elcheeso, isn't using "child" in that way kind of perjorative, considering there's no real difference between a child and an adult except legal? if you want to make an argument about people abusing their legal status, that makes sense, but i feel like there's an implied conflation with lesser legal status + being "immature" which probably isn't always fair

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Regardless of how mature you think they are, the rule of thumb is that if they're still in HS and you aren't, you probably shouldn't go for it.

Regardless of how mature you think they are, the rule of thumb is that if they're still in HS and you aren't, you probably shouldn't go for it.
Not to mention the possible legal problems depending on what your state's laws are. One phone call, and you can be a registered pedophile for life in Texas.

It's not really pejorative. It's about power balance. That balance is almost always tipped in favour of the older person, partially because of their legal status, but also because of how we're basically expected to look up to our elders. That sort of thing is especially noticeable with children/teenagers because, well, most of them wish they had the sort of "freedom" that adults have. It's the same reason why the age of consent tends to rise for people in positions of authority over a minor (i.e. a teacher can't have sex with their student unless said student is over 18, even in countries where the AoC is 16), it's why any teacher having sex with a student (regardless of age) isn't considered kosher, and it's why there tend to be exceptions for younger people dating/fucking under the age of consent, but never for people much older.

Maturity comes into it, of course... but it isn't the sole reason for this shit being considered nasty. Of course, every teenager believes they're mature for their age, despite them always looking back years later and realising that they were immature idiots, but shit like the age of consent exists not just because of children being too immature to really understand the implications of sex, but also because of how easy it is for adults to pressure them into it (whether the adults realise they're doing it or not).

Basically what Jorgen said. On a related note, this sort of shit really belongs in the sex and relationships thread, heh.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Love complicates things, I think.

I say this as somebody who watched real life and online relationships go sweet and sour, come and go. They all end with misunderstandings, false assumptions, and possibly scarred friendships. At the same time, however, friends have told me these are highs in their life.

Which brings me to my own complaint: I guess I dislike that I've never actually experienced real love, and that I'd like to avoid puppy love as much as possible. That's rather unavoidable, however.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
just when im about to do homework, smogon comes back online. smogcast in ten minutes to boot :[

I bitch when I go to my kitchen / bathroom / entrance and get my socks wet - I need to wear a new pair :[
Yeah, I get that a lot in my house :[

If you spill ice cubes on the floor from the ice machine in the kitchen, pick them up....god -.-

#firstworldproblems but idc atm

So this new kid started working where I work and my god he's extremely annoying. He just won't shut up about and constantly interrupts people. When we first met, he just kept on going and going about how we have the same name. He's also overly nice that it's sicking, sort of like Patrice from How I Met Your Mother, but not as bad. Though, I found out that he has ADHD, so I sort felt bad for thinking like that, but all that went out the window last night.

He came up to me and starts telling me how he has to go get his sister. To make a long story short, she has been married to her husband for like 3 days, he's not letting her do anything, and she already wants out. This kid(he's like 16 or 17) is going to go get her and if the husband tries to stop them or whatnot, he says he's going to "fill him with buckshot"; he was pretty adamant about too. I told him that there are other options than shooting him and he said "That's how we solve our problems in our family."(Holy fuck...)Welcome to Southwest Virginia. He then goes on and tells every single customer that goes through our line about it(no joke), so I had to listen to it multiple times. They all had a look on their face like "Why the fuck are you telling me this?" I seriously wanted to tell him that he's fucking insane, an idiot, and that no one wants to hear about your crazy family issues unless they're Jerry Springer. Seesh...

blitzlefan

shake it off!
UGH It's been summer vacation for 4 days, and I'm already bored out of my mind.
During the year: no time, lots of entertaining things to fuck me over.
During the break: lots of time, nothing to entertain me, still fucked over.

I have never met someone like you.

During the break: lots of time, nothing to entertain me, still fucked over
What the fuck? You have so much free time, and a whole world of things to do. Read a book, watch some films, go for walks in the country side. Take up a sport. Go see some live music, get a job. Get a football, kick it against a wall and if you still find that with all of those things for you to do, all you can think of doing is saying "I'm bored" then maybe smash your head on the wall.

Ugh. You could learn something new, take up an instrument. I'd kill for 8 weeks of no responsibilities to just enjoy myself.

You're limited by your own puny imagination which has been crushed by non-stop stimulation from TV and Internet. Go sit and think.

Ugh. I've got an exam this morning and I'm going to be left spread-eagle'd on the desk with a prolapsed anus by the end of it. Why take a Physics degree??

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm gonna bitch about you now

also ala -___-;;;

I have never met someone like you.
I still have 2 weeks of finals stop complaining about summer vacation
What the fuck? You have so much free time, and a whole world of things to do. Read a book, watch some films, go for walks in the country side. Take up a sport. Go see some live music, get a job. Get a football, kick it against a wall and if you still find that with all of those things for you to do, all you can think of doing is saying "I'm bored" then maybe smash your head on the wall.

Ugh. You could learn something new, take up an instrument. I'd kill for 8 weeks of no responsibilities to just enjoy myself.

You're limited by your own puny imagination which has been crushed by non-stop stimulation from TV and Internet. Go sit and think.

Ugh. I've got an exam this morning and I'm going to be left spread-eagle'd on the desk with a prolapsed anus by the end of it. Why take a Physics degree??
I'm gonna bitch about you now

also ala -___-;;;
hell even if you dont have anything to do, doing nothing beats cramming
Oh fuck off the lot of you. You know all you fucks are just going to be browsing youtube now and youtube then all day everyday.

Oh fuck off the lot of you. You know all you fucks are just going to be browsing youtube now and youtube then all day everyday.
:(
Well, summer gives you freedom. What would you rather be doing?
Sitting down watching a lecturer, or a cat video? Anyways, asian mall FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)