Covers

one of the things i love most about music is being able to hear bands you love put their own spin on songs that are not theirs.

As much as i love it when a band does a cover of a song i love, sometimes is even better when a band does a cover of a song i hate, making it a lot better than it was.

Some of my all time favorite covers are definitely:

ONE by Foals

Hallaback Girl by Foals

Boys of Summer by Custom Kings

anyways, post some of your favorite covers to share with people or whatever, because id love to hear some more sexy ones !

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
was sorely disappointed that a user named "Vintage Books" did not want to discuss various book covers that he enjoys

My favorite covers:

In all seriousness:
Framing Hanley - Lollipop - originally by Lil Wayne which means it was shit but they made it good
Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah - originally by Leonard Cohen, that version is still good but this is my favorite interpretation of the lyrics
Gary Jules - Mad World - originally by Tears for Fears which is a good band and all but they did a shit job matching the mood of the sound with the lyrics for this song

My favorite band Between the Buried and Me did an entire cover album (The Anatomy Of) but I honestly don't like most of the songs they picked to cover and while I do enjoy their interpretations of the songs I liked to begin with such as Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart and Queen - Bicycle Race, those songs are classics and shouldn't really be messed with

Ellie Goulding - Your Song(Elton John cover)
Pretty girlish, but Ellie's pretty great. Good cover.
Ugh, that was painful coming from a big Elton John fan

sadder versions of sad songs

xiu xiu - fast car
original by tracy chapman

doleful in a way that only jamie stewart can muster. like him or hate him, dude's voice is like nothing else on earth.

nothing compares 2 u - sinead o'connor
original by prince

i don't buy prince's attempts at being forlorn because i'm under the impression that he spends at least a third of his waking life fucking; when sung by a bald little forest nymph, though, this song becomes one hell of an ode to woundings. sinead is just lovely, you should listen to the lion and the cobra

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Rumor has it - Jeremih (Adele Cover)

I like it better than the original, and I really would love to see Jeremih do more stuff like this since I would listen to his songs then.
Don't have anything to add to the topic but just want to support Jeremih, who is extremely underrated in the music industry and does not get the attention he needs. He's so versatile with his voice he sounds as good in this cover as he sounds in the various rap hooks he has done.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
[youtube]ljbBayiWglg[/youtube]

Karen O and Trent Reznor doing Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song. Also Heart does good Led Zeppelin covers.

Patti Smith's cover of Gloria.

There are also a million Hey Joe covers.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Chris Cornell's cover of Led Zeppelin's "Thank You" is probably my favorite song of all time. Plant and Page wrote some brilliant lyrics, and combined with Cornell's stellar vocals, they make for one of the most beautiful songs.

Also on that album are great covers of Imagine (probably the best non-Lennon version IMO) and RATM's Wide Awake, which I like better than the original.

Dirty Loops - Just Dance (Lady Gaga cover)
I greatly dislike Lady Gaga, but this is a fantastic version. Infinitely more funky than the original.

Ellie Goulding - Your Song(Elton John cover)
Pretty girlish, but Ellie's pretty great. Good cover.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Fire (Jimi Hendrix cover)
The drums, the energy, it's insane.

Reel Big Fish - Another Day In Paradise (Phil Collins cover)
The original is pretty boring if you ask me, this ska cover is much, much better.

Evan Duffy - Finale (Madeon cover)
The original is neat, but this piano cover is arguably better. It's very chill, and Evan Duffy is a brilliant player. I could post all his videos here, but I won't, so you should check it out yourself. You owe it to yourself.

VKgoeswild - Cherub Rock (Smashing Pumpkins cover
More piano covers, this one is brilliant as well.

Walk Off The Earth - Roll Up (Wiz Khalifa cover)
Live looping is the shit, believe me. I don't like the original, but this cover is really good.

No Doubt - It's My Life (Talk Talk cover)
Fantastic bassline, great vocals, etc etc

Igor Presnyakov - Snow (Hey Oh) (RHCP cover)
Igor Presnyakov is probably the only one who could play this song better than John Frusciante himself. Brilliant player, all his covers are fantastic.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder cover)
Behold the cover to rule them all. Probably my favourite cover of all time, and one of the better Peppers songs out there.

xenu

Banned deucer.
easy star all stars did a reggae/dub cover of DSOTM and it is fantastic

[youtube]Z6mzAGRY7uo[/youtube]

did somebody say A CAPPELLA COVERS

No, but I'm seriously almost addicted to them. My favorites:

UGA Accidentals: Use Somebody
Straight No Chaser: Haven't Met You Yet
Pitch Slapped: Breakeven
On The Rocks: Watching Over Me
On A Boat: Forget You

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Britney spears' toxic has some really amazing shitty rave/dance covers

and a lot of other really good covers. you should go to you tube and search toxic (cover)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)