Cross Evolution (now with Viability Rankings!)

urkerab pls help us again
Turns out that when teambuilding your nickname is empty when you validate, so the validator thinks you're not cross evolving, but when you get to the battle your nickname becomes your species, however the code wasn't expecting that and tried to cross evolve anyway. This is now fixed.

While I'm here, the bug with the types that I thought I had fixed yesterday still wasn't fixed. Turns out that there was a very similar bug on main which started affecting my server when I updated it last week. The bug has since been patched on main too. (The bug only affects certain OMs such as Reliablemons and Cross Evolution.)

I have discovered why megamence is so good in this meta... so long as you keep it with the default nickname of "salamence", it cross evos with itself, granting it massive stat boosts. this works with any pokemon that can normally evolve. For instance, adamant breloom hits 592 attack...aka what it would hit with 220 base attack. Basically, mence seems OP bc it is. urkerab pls help us again

PS yall are lucky i mentioned this... i coulda just kept quiet and obliterated everyone with my new blaziken/megamence team.
PPS For some reason blaziken doesnt get boosted...honestly i have no clue whats up with this bug.
Now that the bug is fixed, I've tested Mega Salamence, and it is still very good. A bit slow for the metagame, not so bulky either (although it is not frail), but still very strong:
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gligar: 234-276 (49 - 57.8%) -- 56.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gligar: 298-352 (62.4 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is against Gligar x Hariyama. For comparison, Kadabra x Butterfree with its 185 SpA:
252 SpA Kadabra Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gligar: 132-156 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- 72.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Kadabra Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gligar: 330-388 (69.1 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mega Salamence has no business facing Spritzee x Milotic, but here is the calc:
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 195-229 (38.1 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee on a critical hit: 291-343 (56.9 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now that the bug is fixed, I've tested Mega Salamence, and it is still very good. A bit slow for the metagame, not so bulky either (although it is not frail), but still very strong:
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gligar: 234-276 (49 - 57.8%) -- 56.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gligar: 298-352 (62.4 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is against Gligar x Hariyama. For comparison, Kadabra x Butterfree with its 185 SpA:
252 SpA Kadabra Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gligar: 132-156 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- 72.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Kadabra Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gligar: 330-388 (69.1 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mega Salamence has no business facing Spritzee x Milotic, but here is the calc:
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 195-229 (38.1 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee on a critical hit: 291-343 (56.9 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
The real question is...what does megamence do against a sleeping spritzee?

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Marvel Scale Spritzee: 129-153 (25.3 - 30%) -- 94% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Answer: not very much

Giving +75/+115/+24/+45/+80/+1 boosts, a wide offensive movepool (including Dragon Dance if you want to fix that +1 Speed boost), two great abilities in Intimidate and Moxie, and a Flying type, I think Gyarados would still be broken. Even Gallade's Attack boost pales in comparison with that +115, which actually gives a lot of stuff +200 base Attack AND Dragon Dance AND Moxie. The boosts on bulk not only mean it's easier to set-up, you can pretty much cross a Steel-type with recovery with Gyarados to get a better Skarmory, with Intimidate, and the Attack boost ensures you are not passive.
In that sense, Gyarados outpowers even Milotic, in that it can be put on either offensive or defensive sets to get a monstruous set-up sweeper or a wall.
/ds Steel type, recovery

Arceus-Steel, Jirachi, Scizor, Skarmory

Arceus can't cross-evolve.

Jirachi can't cross-evolve.

Scizor can't cross-evolve.

Skarmory can't cross-evolve.

The scenario you outline is impossible.

Maybe come Gen VII, but not right now.

Gonna actually try the meta today, I think.

/ds Steel type, recovery

Arceus-Steel, Jirachi, Scizor, Skarmory

Arceus can't cross-evolve.

Jirachi can't cross-evolve.

Scizor can't cross-evolve.

Skarmory can't cross-evolve.

The scenario you outline is impossible.

Maybe come Gen VII, but not right now.

Gonna actually try the meta today, I think.
So far, the optimal steel/flying wall in the meta is doublade x dragonite. It walls a lot of physical attackers, including threats like scyther, gligar, and megamence. Plus, it checks the fairy x milotic rest talkers which are running around atm. Roost, defog, and roar are all good potential moves to pick up from dragonite.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
So far, the optimal steel/flying wall in the meta is doublade x dragonite. It walls a lot of physical attackers, including threats like scyther, gligar, and megamence. Plus, it checks the fairy x milotic rest talkers which are running around atm. Roost, defog, and roar are all good potential moves to pick up from dragonite.
And heal bell. It doesn't actually check them reliably either (warning, 166 turn replay):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-crossevolution-15045
Thanks to paralysis, I was eventually able to break dsm's. However, it's insanely good.

If you want something to wall Spritzee as well as Xern and other fairies, Arceus-Poison is decent. But a mon I want to mention briefly is this monster:

Quagsire (Munchlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / [physical or special spread]
Impish/Careful Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Body Slam
- Earthquake / Toxic / something to hit doublade

With stats of 175/125/80/80/125/25, it walls basically everything lacking a fighting type move.

252 Atk Life Orb Scyther (Gyarados) X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Munchlax (Quagsire): 216-255 (38.9 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's an 80 BP STAB coming off two hundred and twenty-five base attack.

I'd type more but I'm tired, just wanted to say that this thing is stupid good! Give it a try.

And heal bell. It doesn't actually check them reliably either (warning, 166 turn replay):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-crossevolution-15045
Thanks to paralysis, I was eventually able to break dsm's. However, it's insanely good.

If you want something to wall Spritzee as well as Xern and other fairies, Arceus-Poison is decent. But a mon I want to mention briefly is this monster:

EVs: 252 HP / [physical or special spread]
Impish/Careful Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Body Slam
- Earthquake / Toxic / something to hit doublade

With stats of 175/125/80/80/125/25, it walls basically everything lacking a fighting type move.

252 Atk Life Orb Scyther (Gyarados) X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Munchlax (Quagsire): 216-255 (38.9 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's an 80 BP STAB coming off two hundred and twenty-five base attack.

I'd type more but I'm tired, just wanted to say that this thing is stupid good! Give it a try.
honestly this meta just turned into a giant stall fest after we went Ubers and I can't even complain rly bc I started this whole rest talk+doublonite madness. we need some bans ASAP I can't deal with a meta w 200 turn games.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I hate stall as much as the next guy, but I just wanted to point out that you shouldn't ban things just because you dislike stall. Some metas favour offense more (think STABmons), while some favour stall more (e.g. TS). Unless there is literally no way offense can break through stall, then ban the appropriate mons, but ban them because they're broken, not because they make this meta favour stall more, as that is perfectly fine as long as there are ways to break it (I haven't played it so I can't give examples, this is simply more of a general post discouraging rash action).

Don't get me wrong, I hate stall too, but I'm honestly kind of glad to see that it is indeed viable here. The reason I word it like that is because I don't think that stall will become overly dominant here; don't forget that we have a wealth of wall- and stallbreakers at our disposal. In particular, I can't post the calcs right now as I'm on mobile but Adamant Sniper Rhydon > Beedrill holding a Life Orb (running Stone Edge/Drill Run to guarantee a 100% crit rate even without Scope Lens) OHKOs every single member of sin(pi)'s stall build* with crit Stone Edge assuming Rocks are up (and that Spritzee isn't asleep), and while it's expecting a lot for it to both set up with less than 50% damage taken and Stone Edge to hit every single time it'll definitely blow a few holes unless you die/get para'd or burned while setting up or you get very unlucky with Stone Edge. That's just the tip of the iceberg, too; things like Magmar > Serperior also pose a great threat to stall excluding Unaware 'mons, and Cross Evolution also finds itself with many good non-boosting wallbreakers in the form of Hitmonlee evos, among others.

IMO, the greatest strengths of Cross Evolution stall are the additional offensive presence offered by stallmons when they evolve into Pokémon such as Gyarados and Milotic, in addition to the greater distribution of Unaware which prevents standard set-up sweepers from blowing through teams quickly.

*I know that sin(pi) didn't create the Spritzee/Doublade/Megamence core, but the things he added to it like Munchlax and Gligar seem pretty optimal at the moment. plus, I think his team was the first out-and-out stall team here, at least after the switch to Ubers

Last edited:
When we first unbanned Ubers, the metagame went both bulkier and more offensive, HO being the best playstyle. That, of course, before the MMence/Doublade/Spritzee core was discovered. Now the metagame has shifted to fat balance (more than full-out stall).
With that said, the core is not unbreakable! Magmar x Serperior 1v1s Spritzee and Doublade and breaks through Salamence with boosts. Spritzee isn't as unbreakable as it looks either: while it is very bulky, Sleep Talk is unreliable, Taunt shuts it down, and we're starting to find counters such as SD Doublade x Dragonite (yes, it can run that effectively too!).
My question is, what happened to HO? Is it unviable now? I don't really think so, it just needs to adapt to the metagame, the same way we adapted to Scyther x Gyarados and we're starting to adapt to Spritzee x Milotic.
Still, if you bring a fat team to battle, don't complain on it lasting forever. It happens on any metagame. But like IT11 said, unless stall is unbreakable, it is fine.

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Hyper offence is certainly viable, if less mindless than it might have been otherwise. I've had a few ideas which need polishing before they're share-worthy, but I'll make a largish post in a few days with some sets. Think about all the broken moves and abilities things have - Simple, Adaptability, Tough Claws, Sheer Force, Tinted Lens; Shell Smash, Quiver Dance, Belly Drum, Dragon Dance, Espeed. There's a ton more but those are the ones off the top of my head - mons that can donate these (looking at you, Mothim) are worth looking into.

also Serene Grace Scald is a thing in this meta someone please kill me

Hyper offence is certainly viable, if less mindless than it might have been otherwise. I've had a few ideas which need polishing before they're share-worthy, but I'll make a largish post in a few days with some sets. Think about all the broken moves and abilities things have - Simple, Adaptability, Tough Claws, Sheer Force, Tinted Lens; Shell Smash, Quiver Dance, Belly Drum, Dragon Dance, Espeed. There's a ton more but those are the ones off the top of my head - mons that can donate these (looking at you, Mothim) are worth looking into.
Let me help:

Dragonite (Doublade) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch / Sacred Sword / Extreme Speed
- Roost

Standard stall (Gligar / Doub-Spritz-MMence core / Unaware Munchlax / Hazard remover) has a problem with this, with only some prior damage/flinches on Munchlax you can wreck the team at +2. Multiscale offers some defensive utility as well.

Sylveon (Taillow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Roost

This thing is a monster despite the bad stats, deals >50% to Munchlax x Quagsire (provided it is the more common physically defensive variant), 2HKOes Doublade x Dragonite at +1 with SR/anything that breaks Multiscale, almost all Gligars unboosted or at +1, quite a lot of anything x Chansey variants, etc. Not so good against offense because it is slow and frail, but still not useless at all.

Whimsicott (Ferroseed) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Synthesis / Leech Seed
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock / Spikes / Leech Seed / Iron Head

sin(pi) brought this on a hazard stack team and it is horrible to face for stall teams, thanks to Prankster Taunt, good typing and bulk. Most moves are guesswork but cleaning the slashes you could get a nice set. You can run bulkier spreads as well.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Not as good as it is in Ubers but still very difficult to switch into. Offense also has a problem with Deoxys-Attack as it is fast and strong, and has Extreme Speed to pick off frail priority attackers trying to revenge kill it. In Cross Evolution it needs max Speed, unlike in Ubers, so you speed tie with Sneasel x Breloom.

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Taunt
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Substitute

Eh, I wouldn't recommend trappers because they are VERY match-up based (Goth is literally dead weight vs offense, and Mega Gengar isn't doing better in Cross Evolution either), but they work. Non-Perish Song Mega Gengar is not viable.

This are just some examples.
also Serene Grace Scald is a thing in this meta someone please kill me
Scald already has a 100% burn chance why do you need Serene Grace?

Last edited:
Well, I just started to pick this up, and already I've come up with a couple things which I hope are cool.

Magcargo (Misdreavus) @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam

Well, to be honest, the stats and typing speak for themselves. 70/70/140/95/125/95 stats are pretty good, and Ghost/Rock is a pretty awesome offensive typing. Misdreavus thankfully happens to get Power Gem, so you have two reliable STAB moves which hit extremely hard after a boost. Dazzling Gleam is there for Fighting- and Dark-types. This could probably also be run more defensively, as well, since it has Stealth Rock, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, etc.

Jolteon (Houndour) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Another set-up sweeper, this one with Rotom-Heat's typing. 70/145/140 offensive stats are extremely good, but 55/40/80 defensive ones aren't. Generally, you're going to want to set up on something that can't threaten you, like an Electric-type lacking coverage to take you down. After that, the fun starts. Nasty Plot is the core of the set, doubling your Special Attack instantly. Thunderbolt and Fire Blast are the obligatory STAB moves of this set, and HP Ice lets you not be walled by Dragon-types, and hits most Ground-types for super-effective damage.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad

Whimsicott (Ferroseed) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Synthesis / Leech Seed
- Taunt

sin(pi) brought this on a hazard stack team and it is horrible to face for stall teams, thanks to Prankster Taunt, good typing and bulk. Most moves are guesswork but cleaning the slashes you could get a nice set. You can run bulkier spreads as well.
I personally ran it as a suicide lead - but thanks to prankster, I didn't bother to run any speed. My set:

Whimsicott (Ferroseed) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Memento

You can run Explosion, Gyro Ball or Iron Head in the last slot, in which case simply change the EVs, IVs and nature to maximise attack and max/min speed (min if gyro ball, max otherwise).

-----

I figured I should share my stall team, since it's been pretty successful so far.
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Iron Head
- Toxic
Stats: 89/160/180/75/79/45

Gyarados (Gligar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
Stats: 140/190/105/80/145/86

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch / Toxic / Scald (lol)
Stats: 175/125/80/80/125/25

Hitmontop (Slowpoke) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Tail / Scald
- Toxic

Stats: 105/125/125/40/115/50

Milotic (Spritzee) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
Stats: 153/97/119/153/135/24

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake / Fire Blast
Stats: same as normal

So I decided to start off with the Spritzee/Doublade/Mence core that lightninging mentioned itt, since it was a nice FSD core which provided 2 wincons. I decided to go for Heal Bell over Defog or Roar because I suspected that clerics would be a bit harder to find, and Doub gets plenty of chances to use the move. I also didn't want to have it as my defogger because Multiscale likes rocks away. Doublade has mixed defenses because it's already stupidly bulk on the physical side, and the special bulk makes it much harder to lure and remove with something like Fire Blast MMence. Spritzee is the standard set but with a little bit more special bulk because this team is a bit more weak to special attackers, you can invest the EVs in speed or def if you want. really it's because I hit the jump point and didn't want to invest more. Then, I added GligarxGyara because I'd used it before as an offensive mon with SD + Acro, but I'd been really impressed with its bulk backed up by Intimidate. It has better Spdef than PhysDef, but its typing is much more suited to a pdef role (water and ice type attacks tend to be special), so I went with a suitable spread. The speed beats uninvested base 90s eg Pdon, but these haven't been common so you can move it wherever you want. Gligar can run U-turn but I wanted Koff to remove items which is really helpful vs defensive DoubladexDnite (you force it to Roost much more often), as well as banded attackers (Archen and Cranidos both 2HKO everything on the team - Doublade is 2HKO'd even through Multiscale). At this point I cut Mence because I didn't see it fitting on the team in an offensive role, and the defensive set seemed mediocre - I'll come back to this later. Then I realised that MagmarxSerperior tore through me like a knife through butterfree, and even spdef walls struggle with it (mence isn't a reliable switchin because of the threat of HP Ice, though it was cut by this point). I had a look to see if there was any potential with Unaware, and I found a gem in Quagsire! It gives amazing 40/40/40/40/40/20 boosts on top of Unaware, and the only downside is that your pre-evo has to be an LC mon. Searching through the LC mons gave me two good options in Munchlax and Lickitung, but Munchlax is much bulkier specially and has only slightly less physical bulk when invested. It also learns Whirlwind for god knows what reason, which is perfect for an Unaware. You can run a Spdef set if you want, but I wanted something to reliably handle ScytherxGyara which is a monster if it gets a kill. The 4th move is really up to you, Fire Punch hits Doublade, EQ is better for general coverage otherwise, and Toxic/Scald are reliable StallMonMoves. I needed hazard support and the Hitmons give absurdly good boosts - 'top was my choice because it gives the most bulk and Intimidate. Unfortunately there aren't that many good LC mons with recovery, and I wanted a Water type for reasons that I can't quite remember. So, I settled on Slowpoke. Finally I realised that I had a Fairy and a Steel but I'd cut my Dragon, so I needed to replace it. I wasn't convinced by any of the Dragon type NFEs, nor by Dragalge/Kingdra evos, and I already had hazard removal covered so Latias wasn't the best fit. I was also aware that the stall mirror would be difficult depending on what happened to Spritzee, my main wincon, so I ended up throwing on the standard Ubers Megamence set. Return and Fire Blast are probably the best attacking moves to run; Fire Blast allows you to deal more than like 10% to Doublade (it actually 2HKOs most of them if Multiscale is broken!) and Return/Frustration doesn't have that irritating recoil. This mon doesn't really feel like it fits on the team and I'd consider dropping it for Latias and then replacing Slowpoke with something, though I'm not sure what just yet.
Speaking of Slowpoke replacements, the following is a potential candidate on the current team (shoutouts to dsm77773 ):

Chansey (Squirtle)
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic / Stealth Rock / Thunder Wave / [literally whatever you want here]

I think dsm was running Natural Cure, but Serene Grace Scald is one of the most disgusting things in existence and I can't think of a reason not to run it. Scald now has a 200% chance to burn your opponent. Spinning is the reason to run Squirtle at all. EVs are just something I threw together, probably aren't perfect but I haven't tried them out at all (nb most of the EV spreads on this team are probably suboptimal, but I haven't put in the time to perfect them).

Some calcs to showcase bulk/power of various mons:
252 SpA Life Orb Magmar (Serperior) Overheat vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Munchlax: 203-239 (36.6 - 43.1%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Magmar (Serperior) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Munchlax: 250-296 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (taking Focus Blast's accuracy into account, it's a -12% chance to 2HKO)
252 SpA Life Orb Pixilate Taillow (Sylveon) Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Munchlax: 250-294 (45.1 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Scyther (Gyarados) X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Munchlax: 224-265 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Unaware Munchlax: 232-274 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Unaware Munchlax: 181-214 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 4.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Unaware Munchlax: 138-164 (24.9 - 29.6%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Unaware Munchlax: 174-205 (31.4 - 37%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Munchlax: 261-307 (47.1 - 55.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (don't switch in on Mence, but in a pinch, you can take out about 2/3 of its HP)

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Scyther (Gyarados) Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Doublade: 110-131 (28.7 - 34.2%) -- 99.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery (even if Multiscale is broken!)
252 SpA Life Orb Magmar (Serperior) Overheat vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Multiscale Doublade: 227-269 (59.4 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Life Orb Arceus Overheat vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Multiscale Doublade: 127-151 (33.2 - 39.5%) -- 19.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Doublade: 77-90 (20.1 - 23.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Doublade: 64-76 (16.7 - 19.8%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Doublade: 129-153 (33.7 - 40%) -- 32.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Mega Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Doublade: 166-196 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (even with Multiscale broken, Mence struggles to 2HKO)

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 32 SpD Spritzee: 229-270 (44.9 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (so 1v1 you can CM on the Geomancy, CM again on the attack (Psyshock does even less), Rest, and then proceed to win.
+1 0 SpA Spritzee Moonblast vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Fairy Aura Xerneas: 300-354 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (in return)
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee: 178-211 (34.9 - 41.3%) -- 75.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee: 208-247 (40.7 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee: 297-349 (58.2 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Spritzee Moonblast vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 324-384 (92.3 - 109.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (you don't really want to tangle with mence, but it doesn't want to stay in on you either)

sample quotes: "that Munchlax is going to give me nightmares"
"how the fuck did that slowpoke outspeed my doublade" (paraphrased)

Last edited:
I personally ran it as a suicide lead - but thanks to prankster, I didn't bother to run any speed. My set:

Whimsicott (Ferroseed) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Memento

You can run Explosion, Gyro Ball or Iron Head in the last slot, in which case simply change the EVs, IVs and nature to maximise attack and max/min speed (min if gyro ball, max otherwise).

-----

I figured I should share my stall team, since it's been pretty successful so far.
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Iron Head
- Toxic
Stats: 89/160/180/75/79/45

EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
Stats: 140/190/105/80/145/86

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch / Toxic / Scald (lol)
Stats: 175/125/80/80/125/25

Hitmontop (Slowpoke) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Tail / Scald
- Toxic

Stats: 105/125/125/40/115/50

EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
Stats: 153/97/119/153/135/24

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake / Fire Blast
Stats: same as normal

So I decided to start off with the Spritzee/Doublade/Mence core that lightninging mentioned itt, since it was a nice FSD core which provided 2 wincons. I decided to go for Heal Bell over Defog or Roar because I suspected that clerics would be a bit harder to find, and Doub gets plenty of chances to use the move. I also didn't want to have it as my defogger because Multiscale likes rocks away. Doublade has mixed defenses because it's already stupidly bulk on the physical side, and the special bulk makes it much harder to lure and remove with something like Fire Blast MMence. Spritzee is the standard set but with a little bit more special bulk because this team is a bit more weak to special attackers, you can invest the EVs in speed or def if you want. really it's because I hit the jump point and didn't want to invest more. Then, I added GligarxGyara because I'd used it before as an offensive mon with SD + Acro, but I'd been really impressed with its bulk backed up by Intimidate. It has better Spdef than PhysDef, but its typing is much more suited to a pdef role (water and ice type attacks tend to be special), so I went with a suitable spread. The speed beats uninvested base 90s eg Pdon, but these haven't been common so you can move it wherever you want. Gligar can run U-turn but I wanted Koff to remove items which is really helpful vs defensive DoubladexDnite (you force it to Roost much more often), as well as banded attackers (Archen and Cranidos both 2HKO everything on the team - Doublade is 2HKO'd even through Multiscale). At this point I cut Mence because I didn't see it fitting on the team in an offensive role, and the defensive set seemed mediocre - I'll come back to this later. Then I realised that MagmarxSerperior tore through me like a knife through butterfree, and even spdef walls struggle with it (mence isn't a reliable switchin because of the threat of HP Ice, though it was cut by this point). I had a look to see if there was any potential with Unaware, and I found a gem in Quagsire! It gives amazing 40/40/40/40/40/20 boosts on top of Unaware, and the only downside is that your pre-evo has to be an LC mon. Searching through the LC mons gave me two good options in Munchlax and Lickitung, but Munchlax is much bulkier specially and has only slightly less physical bulk when invested. It also learns Whirlwind for god knows what reason, which is perfect for an Unaware. You can run a Spdef set if you want, but I wanted something to reliably handle ScytherxGyara which is a monster if it gets a kill. The 4th move is really up to you, Fire Punch hits Doublade, EQ is better for general coverage otherwise, and Toxic/Scald are reliable StallMonMoves. I needed hazard support and the Hitmons give absurdly good boosts - 'top was my choice because it gives the most bulk and Intimidate. Unfortunately there aren't that many good LC mons with recovery, and I wanted a Water type for reasons that I can't quite remember. So, I settled on Slowpoke. Finally I realised that I had a Fairy and a Steel but I'd cut my Dragon, so I needed to replace it. I wasn't convinced by any of the Dragon type NFEs, nor by Dragalge/Kingdra evos, and I already had hazard removal covered so Latias wasn't the best fit. I was also aware that the stall mirror would be difficult depending on what happened to Spritzee, my main wincon, so I ended up throwing on the standard Ubers Megamence set. Return and Fire Blast are probably the best attacking moves to run; Fire Blast allows you to deal more than like 10% to Doublade (it actually 2HKOs most of them if Multiscale is broken!) and Return/Frustration doesn't have that irritating recoil. This mon doesn't really feel like it fits on the team and I'd consider dropping it for Latias and then replacing Slowpoke with something, though I'm not sure what just yet.
Speaking of Slowpoke replacements, the following is a potential candidate on the current team (shoutouts to dsm77773 ):

Chansey (Squirtle)
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic / Stealth Rock / Thunder Wave / [literally whatever you want here]

I think dsm was running Natural Cure, but Serene Grace Scald is one of the most disgusting things in existence and I can't think of a reason not to run it. Scald now has a 200% chance to burn your opponent. Spinning is the reason to run Squirtle at all. EVs are just something I threw together, probably aren't perfect but I haven't tried them out at all (nb most of the EV spreads on this team are probably suboptimal, but I haven't put in the time to perfect them).

Some calcs to showcase bulk/power of various mons:
252 SpA Life Orb Magmar (Serperior) Overheat vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Munchlax: 203-239 (36.6 - 43.1%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Magmar (Serperior) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Munchlax: 250-296 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (taking Focus Blast's accuracy into account, it's a -12% chance to 2HKO)
252 SpA Life Orb Pixilate Taillow (Sylveon) Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Munchlax: 250-294 (45.1 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Scyther (Gyarados) X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Munchlax: 224-265 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Unaware Munchlax: 232-274 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Unaware Munchlax: 181-214 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 4.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Unaware Munchlax: 138-164 (24.9 - 29.6%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Unaware Munchlax: 174-205 (31.4 - 37%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Munchlax: 261-307 (47.1 - 55.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (don't switch in on Mence, but in a pinch, you can take out about 2/3 of its HP)

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Scyther (Gyarados) Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Doublade: 110-131 (28.7 - 34.2%) -- 99.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery (even if Multiscale is broken!)
252 SpA Life Orb Magmar (Serperior) Overheat vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Multiscale Doublade: 227-269 (59.4 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Life Orb Arceus Overheat vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Multiscale Doublade: 127-151 (33.2 - 39.5%) -- 19.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Doublade: 77-90 (20.1 - 23.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Doublade: 64-76 (16.7 - 19.8%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Doublade: 129-153 (33.7 - 40%) -- 32.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Mega Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Doublade: 166-196 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (even with Multiscale broken, Mence struggles to 2HKO)

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 32 SpD Spritzee: 229-270 (44.9 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (so 1v1 you can CM on the Geomancy, CM again on the attack (Psyshock does even less), Rest, and then proceed to win.
+1 0 SpA Spritzee Moonblast vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Fairy Aura Xerneas: 300-354 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (in return)
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee: 178-211 (34.9 - 41.3%) -- 75.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee: 208-247 (40.7 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee: 297-349 (58.2 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Spritzee Moonblast vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 324-384 (92.3 - 109.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (you don't really want to tangle with mence, but it doesn't want to stay in on you either)

sample quotes: "that Munchlax is going to give me nightmares"
"how the fuck did that slowpoke outspeed my doublade" (paraphrased)
Adding that lord quad to the OP, and leaving my version here as well because why not. The only changes are Squirtle x Chansey over Slowpoke, my Gligar is Gligar x Hariyama and my Salamence's defensive, and some spreads and moveslots:
Hariyama (Gligar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Roar

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Chansey (Squirtle) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Whirlwind

Also I'll try to make a sample sets resource to provide some sample sets for the metagame's most relevant Pokémon. Help/suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Adding that lord quad to the OP, and leaving my version here as well because why not. The only changes are Squirtle x Chansey over Slowpoke, my Gligar is Gligar x Hariyama and my Salamence's defensive, and some spreads and moveslots:
Hariyama (Gligar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Impish Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Roar

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Chansey (Squirtle) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Whirlwind

Also I'll try to make a sample sets resource to provide some sample sets for the metagame's most relevant Pokémon. Help/suggestions are appreciated.
This is really only a tiny difference but I like running EQ over toxic on munch to fuck with Mega Gengars who think they can trap you. Only really useful if you're worried abt being cteamed but it's worth considering if you're playing somebody who likes cancer (aka me).

Well, I just started to pick this up, and already I've come up with a couple things which I hope are cool.

Magcargo (Misdreavus) @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam

Well, to be honest, the stats and typing speak for themselves. 70/70/140/95/125/95 stats are pretty good, and Ghost/Rock is a pretty awesome offensive typing. Misdreavus thankfully happens to get Power Gem, so you have two reliable STAB moves which hit extremely hard after a boost. Dazzling Gleam is there for Fighting- and Dark-types. This could probably also be run more defensively, as well, since it has Stealth Rock, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, etc.

Jolteon (Houndour) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Another set-up sweeper, this one with Rotom-Heat's typing. 70/145/140 offensive stats are extremely good, but 55/40/80 defensive ones aren't. Generally, you're going to want to set up on something that can't threaten you, like an Electric-type lacking coverage to take you down. After that, the fun starts. Nasty Plot is the core of the set, doubling your Special Attack instantly. Thunderbolt and Fire Blast are the obligatory STAB moves of this set, and HP Ice lets you not be walled by Dragon-types, and hits most Ground-types for super-effective damage.
That missy x magcargo looks like a good combo for missy, something I haven't see yet. That being said, unaware munch walls the fuck outta you and gligar prolly won't care much either. Rock is a meh defensive typing in this meta but it's still got really good stats. I'd recommend a more defensive set with flame body instead of weak armor, and a move set of WoW, Taunt, Recover, and Fire Blast. You might be able to break doublade x dragonite with fblast but if they're running spdef that 95 spA stat might be too low. SR and shadow ball could fit somewhere on there too.

Last edited:
Not the most viable thing, but still a way to make good use of one of my favorite Pokemon when I was a kid.

Serperior (Quilava) @ Life Orb
Timid - Contrary
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Overheat
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Synthesis / Glare / Substitute

Stat boosts: +15/+15/+20/+15/+20/+30

I was looking for a solid Contrary sweeper and this is what I dug up. Serperior was already a monster of a Pokemon and this guy takes that to a whole new level with STAB Overheat to punish Steels, along with Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse as solid coverage options. His stats aren't fantastic (73/79/78/95/85/110) but his high Speed and decent Sp. Atk combined with Contrary and two different 140 base power boosting moves means he can absolutely steamroll unprepared teams or sweep late-game. However his average bulk and weakness to hazards means that he does need some fair team support to actually do anything. It plays remarkably similar to Serperior, although it trades a bit of bulk for some immediate power. It's actually surprisingly great at smashing through Stall teams, which seem to be the dominant playstyle in this meta.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Not the most viable thing, but still a way to make good use of one of my favorite Pokemon when I was a kid.

Serperior (Quilava) @ Life Orb
Timid - Contrary
-Overheat
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Synthesis / Glare / Substitute

Stat boosts: +15/+15/+20/+15/+20/+30

I was looking for a solid Contrary sweeper and this is what I dug up. Serperior was already a monster of a Pokemon and this guy takes that to a whole new level with STAB Overheat to punish Steels, along with Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse as solid coverage options. His stats aren't fantastic (73/79/78/95/85/110) but his high Speed and decent Sp. Atk combined with Contrary and two different 140 base power boosting moves means he can absolutely steamroll unprepared teams or sweep late-game. However his average bulk and weakness to hazards means that he does need some fair team support to actually do anything. It plays remarkably similar to Serperior, although it trades a bit of bulk for some immediate power. It's actually surprisingly great at smashing through Stall teams, which seem to be the dominant playstyle in this meta.
This set is good, but it's unfortunately done better by Magmar, which has higher stats everywhere except 1 point of defense (which is offset by the higher HP), and a slightly better movepool. Contrary is certainly a very good way of stallbreaking, though.

Here's another neat set I found, sorry if someone already posted it, it seems rather obvious to me.

Greninja (Kadabra) @ Life Orb
Timid - Protean
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Dark Pulse
-Hydro Pump

Stats: 58/67/45/140/85/130

Despite being frail as glass (58/67/85 bulk is terrible), this thing is basically a strict upgrade to the infamously broken Greninja thanks to its sky high 140 base Sp. Atk, 130 Speed, and fantastic movepool to use with it. Besides the options I listed, he gets a myriad of coverage options (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Energy Ball, Hidden Powers), and a good handful of support options (Taunt, Thunder Wave, Recover, Calm Mind, Encore). Kadabra's naturally high Speed and Sp. Atk perfectly complement the boosts, ability, and movepool it can inherit from Greninja, and it shreds stall and slower offensive teams without any trouble at all. However, it must be wary of faster Pokemon and priority, as it basically can't take any hits at all.

Here's another neat set I found, sorry if someone already posted it, it seems rather obvious to me.

Greninja (Kadabra) @ Life Orb
Timid - Protean
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Dark Pulse
-Hydro Pump

Stats: 58/67/45/140/85/130

Despite being frail as glass (58/67/85 bulk is terrible), this thing is basically a strict upgrade to the infamously broken Greninja thanks to its sky high 140 base Sp. Atk, 130 Speed, and fantastic movepool to use with it. Besides the options I listed, he gets a myriad of coverage options (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Energy Ball, Hidden Powers), and a good handful of support options (Taunt, Thunder Wave, Recover, Calm Mind, Encore). Kadabra's naturally high Speed and Sp. Atk perfectly complement the boosts, ability, and movepool it can inherit from Greninja, and it shreds stall and slower offensive teams without any trouble at all. However, it must be wary of faster Pokemon and priority, as it basically can't take any hits at all.
Unfortunately, this set does not have SE coverage for spritzee x milotic or munchlax x quagsire or doublade x dragonite, meaning it will have a tough time breaking stall. Against offense, my Sneasel x breloom set can sleep it, or just 1hko it (idk for sure, but it's very probable).

Last edited:
Here's a decent, but fairly outdated team I've had a lot of fun with:

Noivern (Litleo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

My choice of stab boomburst users, this thing hits like a truck. I prefer it over taillow because of base 140 speed making it good against offense. It also has stab fire blast, making it very difficult to switch into. It can also act as a secondary cleaner if priority is gone. Flamethrower is for when I don't want to miss, and dark pulse is for ghosts.

Milotic (Chinchou) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Volt Switch

Stole this set straight from page one, and is a great bulky pivot. It's SpAtk is actually pretty good too, even univested. The sassy nature and 0 speed ivs is for slow volt switch, usually into Litleo/Archen.

Quagsire (Honedge) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Toxic
- Recover

This is my answer to most set-up sweepers, and can beat many of them 1v1. I use honedge because of the typing synergizing well with my other two defensive mons, and it being good outside of just beating sweepers. Sacred sword is to beat steel types easier.

Breloom (Archen) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

I chose breloom instead of hitmonlee here for the stab technician mach punch, which is a handy revenge killer. Stab superpower also hits a lot of the things that head smash doesn't, such as steels. Archen > cranidos for higher speed.

Arcanine (Munchlax) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Crunch

This is my main WinCon, and can easily clean weakened teams. It's really bulky, and can set up on defensive mons and others that can't get it below 50%. EQ and crunch are there to hit steels/rocks and ghosts, respectively. It's slow as a snail though so I don't find myself using the last two moves very often.

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This thing is so bulky it's incredible. With intimidate, it can wall most physical attackers lacking super effective moves, and can respond with an EQ or Stone Edge. The evs aren't optimized, but whatever. Stone edge can be replaced for defog/u-turn, but I like being able to hit MegaMence and other flying types.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Unfortunately, this set does not have SE coverage for spritzee x milotic or munchlax x quagsire or doublade x dragonite, meaning it will have a tough time breaking stall. Against offense, my Sneasel x breloom set can sleep it, or just 1hko it (idk for sure, but it's very probable).
If you want coverage for those, you can run Haunter instead, which gets boltbeam and Sludge Wave. Still struggles with Lax but you can carry Taunt which helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)