Data Data Audit Thread (Contains all System Data)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I'll continue the debate on patronising no more, despite the fact that it is very clearly patronising me - And why should a battler have to look at a formula that has been described as complex to read? Not everyone can do that, it would be easier if it was consistent.

And STAB is by all means a BP change in it's overall effect - much like a crit is, or Reflect and Light screen are decreases. Right now, it sounds as if itsimply acts as a stat boost, which is a flat damage increase, not affected by super-effectiveness. Damage increase/decrease sounds like a change to the end result, Base Power increase/decrease sounds like a change to something which can be altered by super-effectiveness. I'd just like to see something regarding the fact that it is affected by type effectiveness, even if it's just in brackets at the end.

Flash Cannon has 8 BP and costs 4 energy, whereas other moves that cost 8 BP cost 6 energy including the slightly inaccurate Rock Slide. Is Flash Cannon's lower energy cost deliberate or a mistake?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Flash Cannon has 8 BP and costs 4 energy, whereas other moves that cost 8 BP cost 6 energy including the slightly inaccurate Rock Slide. Is Flash Cannon's lower energy cost deliberate or a mistake?
It should be 6. It has been fixed.

Sand-Attack: The Pokemon kicks sand or gravel into its target's face, obscuring its vision and lowering their accuracy by one (1) stage. This reduction is maintained at the end of each round.
Can I get a clarification on the underlined phrase? Does this mean that a sand attack gives a permanent -1 accuracy to the target every time it's used? If so, is this intentional?

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can I get a clarification on the underlined phrase? Does this mean that a sand attack gives a permanent -1 accuracy to the target every time it's used? If so, is this intentional?
The language should have been different, and I have altered the attack to be somewhat the same as Flash, meaning it can only ever cause -1 Accuracy by itself. "The Pokemon's <Stat> stage will not reset upward at the end of this round." has been made the language of each -1 boost or drop.

The language should have been different, and I have altered the attack to be somewhat the same as Flash, meaning it can only ever cause -1 Accuracy by itself. "The Pokemon's <Stat> stage will not reset upward at the end of this round." has been made the language of each -1 boost or drop.
Does that means that Flash + Sand Attack cause a permanent -2 accuracy?
And is SmokeScreen permanet if it hits several pokemon?

Deck Knight

Does that means that Flash + Sand Attack cause a permanent -2 accuracy?
And is SmokeScreen permanet if it hits several pokemon?
Smokescreen got missed in the last sweep, it's been fixed.

Basically Flash, Sand-Attack, and Smokescreen don't stack with themselves, but do stack with each other. So you can blind with Sand, Light, and Smoke all at the same time, but adding more of any one element will not reduce accuracy any more than before.

Deck Knight

How about Mud Slap?
Mud-Slap does damage so it's subject to typing. That being said there were a fair number of complaints about guaranteed -Accuracy in battle, so Mud-Slap will get the same text as the other Acc lowers minus the maintenance bit. Again they all stack with each other but not themselves. The same won't apply to attacks with a smaller percentage of accuracy reduction, since there's nothing particularly broken about those and they aren't guaranteed stacks.

EDIT: based on a conversation with Dusk I'll be making another sweep on Acc lowers. Basically they'll increase energy cost based on the level of the lock they set, making them more expensive each use. I don't think the other stats need such a change at this point since they aren't as all-encompassing as Acc lowers.

EDIT: Unknowingly, I made a really long post asking the purpose of the Own Tempo/Tangled Feet mechanics, only to discover with later research that Spinda gets Tangled Feet as a Dream World Ability. oops, my ignorance is showing.

However, Spinda is not listed on the Data Audit as having the Tangled Feet ability. Could this be fixed?

can hex be stacked? like if a poke A as a burn and toxic does that mean that poke B using hex get a x2 or x4 on the base power? (is it 5, 10, 15, or 20?)

Something that has been brought to my attention is this:

Seed Bomb, Slam and Dragon Claw are all 8 BP moves with no secondary effects. However, Dragon Claw costs 6 energy while Slam and Seed Bomb cost 5 energy. That seems inconsistent, so if this is correct, I would like to know why this is the case. If all three are meant to have the same energy cost, then I would like to know whether 8 BP moves with no secondary effects are meant to cost 5 energy or 6 energy.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
can hex be stacked? like if a poke A as a burn and toxic does that mean that poke B using hex get a x2 or x4 on the base power? (is it 5, 10, 15, or 20?)
Hex is always 5 power, the damage doubles if the mon is afflicted by a status. Afaik it never changes from 2x regardless of how many statuses the target is afflicted by.

Proofreading the entire 'Ability List M' section.

Minus's description should read:
"This Pokemon possesses a negative electrical charge. When a Pokemon with Plus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks..."

Mold Breaker's description should read:
"Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponent's natural abilities..."

In Mountaineer's description, Syclar is misspelled as 'Sylar.'

In Mummy's description, struck is misspelled as 'strucky.'

It appears that Dream Eater was skipped over when the Energy costs of draining moves were increased; it has 10 BAP and costs 7 Energy (as opposed to Giga Drain and Drain Punch, the next strongest moves, which cost 12 Energy for an 8 BAP attack). I would personally suggest boosting the Energy Cost to 15, keeping in line with the precedent set by Leech Life/Mega Drain and Drain Punch/Giga Drain of Energy=1.5xBAP.

Shouldn't Glare and T-wave cost the same?, i mean, yes Glare has 90 acc, but nothing (bar limber users and magic bouncers) are immune to it as oppose to the Ground-week T-wave, unless it's because of distribution

PS: what moves can be used also to avoid other moves? i mean, something like ExtremeSpeed should have such an effect, since well, you're moving really, really fast, fake out and aqua jet might do this too, or is it just agility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)