Data Data Audit Thread (Contains all System Data)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In most cases, a move that does damage can't be used as an evasive move, so Fake Out and Aqua Jet are probably no-go. Outside of Agility, I don't think there are any attacks that could be used to dodge other attacks (and I personally would not make Agility a guaranteed dodge either - use Protect/Detect for that). However, there are moves like Dig and Fly that can be used to evade most moves, and U-Turn may be able to dodge close-range attacks like the elemental punches (but not ranged stuff like Hydro Pump). I'm not 100% sure on U-Turn though.

If Quick Attack and Extremespeed can't be used evasively then there's no way U-Turn can be used evasively. Priority moves (particularly those two and Aqua Jet, which involve the entire Pokemon moving extremely quickly, the others maybe not so much) make a lot more sense as evasive moves than U-Turn, but they're not allowed to be used evasively anymore, so yeah.

Summary: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Summary: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

These seem a little confusing to me, wouldnt normal get the focus boost from hyper beam and giga impact since they are normal type attacks while Outrage gets the focus boost from dragon stab since its a dragon type attack?

Normal types automatically get the focus bonus on Hyper Beam/Giga Impact because they get STAB on them (same for Dragons with Outrage), the fact that they also get Outrage is just an extra perk. So basically they both get the focus bonus on all 3 moves.

<+Zarator> also, lol @ Steel wing costing 7 energy while Flash Cannon costs 6

<Objection> and flash cannon is even higher bp
<Objection> 8 vs 7

Can someone explain how 8 BP Flash Cannon costs 6 energy while 7 BP Steel Wing costs 7 energy?

Belly Drum increases the user's attack permanently (which is understandable given the cost). But what if the boost is baton passed to a teammate? Do they keep the boost forever or does it falter because they weren't the user?
edit: ok only smeargle can do it, but still
edit2: further inspection reveals that Drowzee can also do it, but only event moves. Do we accpet event moves in ASB?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I "fixed" Hex by changing its description to match other moves of its type (acrobatics, venoshock, facade, etc). Still, there's another deal to take a look at.

Why the hell is it possible for you to dodge Hex by closing your eyes? Here are the two existing definitions for it:

In-game: This relentless attack does massive damage to a target affected by status problems.

The anime:
Frillish's eyes start to glow purple and light red and it holds its tentacles up in the air. Multiple beams of black energy outlined in dark purple emerges from the tips of both of Frillish's tentacles and float into the air above it. The black energy then meets into the air above it. Once it does, Frillish lowers its tentacles and the trailing black energy disappears from its tentacles. The black energy then combines and forms into a round black ball of energy with multiple branches of black energy coming off it. In the middle, an eye with a red iris and an indigo sclera forms. The eye then releases multiple light blue, magenta and dark blue rings of energy at the opponent.
How exactly do i avoid "relentless attacks" or lethal beams of death energy by closing my eyes?

I think this move definition needs a little looking-at.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I "fixed" Hex by changing its description to match other moves of its type (acrobatics, venoshock, facade, etc). Still, there's another deal to take a look at.

Why the hell is it possible for you to dodge Hex by closing your eyes? Here are the two existing definitions for it:

In-game: This relentless attack does massive damage to a target affected by status problems.

The anime:

How exactly do i avoid "relentless attacks" or lethal beams of death energy by closing my eyes?

I think this move definition needs a little looking-at.
Like I mentioned on IRC, this is from when it was Evil Eye, but I agree the definition needs to be relooked at.

Lord Jesseus said:
Do we accpet event moves in ASB?
Yes. Furthermore, things like Minimize, Shell Smash, and Belly Drum can be Baton Passed like in-game. Since they are permanent boosts for the remainder of the battle, they do not decay and maintain all of their features when Baton Passed.

I have a question, how does a pokemon closes it's eyes, is it an action, is it a move that doesnt count as an action, is it something you can do and cost energy?

I ask since there are this kind of things on some moves description (like Hypnosis) that say they can be avoided if the user close it's eyes or something, but how do i do this, do i oder it as an action, or i just order it next to my actions, does it cost (i hope not since really how exhausting is closing your eyes but even looking to someone in a scary way costs), if i say "x close your eyes and use ..." is it a 50/50 chance of working, does it always work?, etc... i think this should be really cleared

PS: Shouldn't Magical Leaf cost 4 energy like every other 6 BP move?

There is an awesome thread here that lists all the NYPC moves learnt by many different pokemon. Since many people do not know about them, I think they should be listed somewhere in the Data Audit thread. Some are quite significant/helpful!

In the data audit thread, for Download, it says that if there's a tie between defence and special defence, the attack stat is raised. In-game, however, the special attack stat is raised (source). Is this deviation deliberate?

Asking for clarification on Metronome:
Data Audit said:
Metronome can only select a maximum of one move from any type.
Does this mean that, hypothetically, I can't have Metronome select from Cosmic Power, Psychic, Rest, Agility, Psystrike, Aeroblast, Air Slash, Sky Attack, Tailwind, and Acrobatics? Basically, my 10 selected moves all have to be 10 different types, even if they don't deal damage?

Also:
Data Audit said:
Metronome will incur a consecutive energy cost penalty either if it is used consecutively (even if summoning different potential attacks) or if one of the attacks it summoned is used consecutively.
Do the extra energy costs stack? e.g. If I used Metronome twice in a row, and it selects the same move twice, does that add 8 energy instead of 4 to the energy cost?

FlamingFighter, yes, the moves do have to be all different types regardless of effect.

As for the second question, from what I understand, yes, the energy costs do stack. In such a scenario, Metronome would incur the consecutive move penalty and so would the selected move if the selected move was the same.

Data Audit said:
Moody (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's traits are always fluctuating from one strength to another. At the end of each round, one of the Pokemon's stats (Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed, Accuracy, Evasion) will be boosted by two (2) stages and another will be reduced by one (1) stage. This stat change lasts until the end of that round, where Inconsistent is re-applied, overwriting the boosted and dropped stats. This stat boost/drop occurs outside the normal boosts/drops.
Inconsistent should read Moody in it's description.

Floraedit: Deck fixed this. Thanks!

Magical Leaf should cost 4 energy like every other 6 BP move (like mud shot, needle arm, shock wave, etc...)

For the sake of completeness, should the information about non-buyable items (eg from the Battle Subway) be edited into the Item info post?

i looked and couldn't find any info on flame blast's splash damage; are we going to stick with the 1/16th damage it deals ingame, or set a constant value like for burn?

Endure doesn't have its priority listed. Veekun says it has +4 priority. Bulbapedia says it has +3 priority. They both say it has the same priority as Protect and Detect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)