Dex Bug Report & Structural Changes Thread

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
If you find a bug with the dex, post it here!

Make sure that what you post is a bug and not a complaint or feature request. Similarly, post any content errors in analyses in the small changes thread; this thread is intended for issues that not any badgeholder or staff member can fix.

Other things that are fine to be posted in this thread:
- Broken sprites / models;
- Broken links;
- Database errors (e.g. in Pokemon info like typings, abilities, and learnsets).

Be aware that the Dex is currently going through an overhaul, so things are actively being worked on, and certain issues are already being addressed as we speak.

The Exeggutor analyses from Gen 7 don't seem to be popping up when I go on the Teambuilder.
However, other Pokémon's analyses work perfectly fine.
Can you find a way to fix this?

Before Sword/Shield were released, if you went to a move's page (in the Sun/Moon generation), it would display what that move did, followed by what it did as a Z-Move. Since the release of Sword/Shield, this is no longer the case for status moves, even in Gen 7 descriptions. Attacking moves still have their Z-Move effects listed correctly, but could we get the status moves back? It makes it much easier to build a Gen 7 team without having to open Bulbapedia each time I want to use a Z-Crystal.

I don't know if this is being already looked up, but as I've said HERE, there is a bug in the css style that makes the entire design to crash after a mobile browser live search. The reason for that is the "height" attribute in the page "header" that is set to "100%", probable to make the view to fill the screen during the search, but after selecting one result the design crashes. (and I can mitigate this just by changing it to "auto" on the web console, the same easyness to change this in the css file.)

The error can be reproduced in a way to produce lots of results in the mobile browser live search, like "pi" or "p" (or in the Responsive Design Mode in the PC browsers). The error seems to be the relation between the number of results and the height attribute of the header.

P.S.: looks like someone have tryed to correct, setting an inline style "height:auto !important" attribute but to the wrong HTML Element (the correct one is the "HEADER" element, and not the "DIV" element).

was just looking at https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/ to see a list of what pokemon were in sword/shield and noticed that you have the sprite of meowth-galar on the page of 'meowth' (aka meowth-kanto or the original one) and no sprite next to meowth-galar. this same error is present on all of the /pokemon/ pages of the three different versions of meowth, persian-kanto and perrserker

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Not entirely sure if this is the place, so delete or move if it isn't and apologies in advance. I was wondering if it would be possible to add sorting options to the Pokemon Lists? Perhaps by Pokedex number, Tier, Highest/Lowest stat, BST, things like that?

BST being listed on the stat page feels like it would be a nice addition as well, but I understand everything is all busy right now. New generation and all. Showdown has a lot of these filters and functions, and I feel it would benefit the dex a lot in regards to accessibility.

Later edit so to not double-post;
Would it be possible to have articles link to analysis articles of other Pokemon as well? It would make it a touch faster when trying to understand a Pokemon for the reader.

For example, in RS Skarmory you have Blissey in Team Options. With the suggestion I put forward, you would have a link to easily have a look at Blissey's for more understanding. This would help those teambuilding get a better understanding more easily, and make the dex far more accessible.

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ok, so here's the deal. I was building a Gen 7 PU team, and when I clicked this button for Oricorio-Sensu:
1579660726072.png

It brought me to this page:
1579660790920.png

To the best of my ability I'm guessing this is because you can't get Oricorio in SWSH. I tried the same thing with Silvally-Poison, who you can get in SWSH, and it brought me to its gen 8 page, with no analysis ofc.

So what I'm wondering is if it would be possible to make those links from teambuilder go to the respective mon's USUM page instead of SWSH page?

If you find a bug with the dex, post it here!

Make sure that what you post is a bug and not a complaint or feature request. Similarly, post any content errors in analyses in the small changes thread; this thread is intended for issues that not any badgeholder or staff member can fix.

Other things that are fine to be posted in this thread:
- Broken sprites / models;
- Broken links;
- Database errors (e.g. in Pokemon info like typings, abilities, and learnsets).

Be aware that the Dex is currently going through an overhaul, so things are actively being worked on, and certain issues are already being addressed as we speak.
Pinsir isn't even in the dex. Is that because he isn't in the regional dex of SS? National Dex players still might want to use it.

My when I try to validate the teams with Pikachu-Gmax and Meowth-Gmax in team builder
1585529349549.png

it comes up with this message and only lets me put these moves on
1585529391906.png

1585529443778.png

and I don't know whats going on as it was fine before can someone plz tell me whats going on thanks.

Last edited:
The description for fur coat and huge/pure power should be changed to so they are similar to ice scales (halves the damage taken from physical moves/doubles the damage you deal with physical moves instead of saying doubles defence/attack). Fur coat does not increase the damage you deal with body press nor does it affect how much damage psyshock deals to you.
Huge/pure power affects body press but does not affect strength sap healing.
Edit: I realize now that I should have posted this in the Small Site Page Changes thread, my apologies. Should I delete this post and repost it in that thread?

Last edited:
Already posted in another thread, but when you do :meowth: you get the galarian form sprite:
:meowth:

Using :meowth-alola: works as intended:
:meowth-alola:

And using :meowth-galar: brings up nothing:
:meowth-galar:

No other regional variants have this problem as far as I'm aware of.

Magnezone is still missing steel beam from its learnset despite having its new move tutor moves listed in the dex (It seems like this is the case for all of the steel types brought back in the expansion, but magnezone is the only one I've checked in game if it learns it).

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this was intended, but at some point Megas, which were previously correctly listed as in the National Dex tier, have disappeared from the SS Dex for Pokemon that are in Sword and Shield. The same has not happened for Pokemon that are not in Sword and Shield.

Example: Abomasnow, a Galar Pokemon with a Mega: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/abomasnow/

And Camerupt, a purely National Dex Pokemon with a Mega: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/camerupt/

I'm not sure if this was an error or an odd formatting decision, but if it is an error than it could be fixed, especially since there are a few of these Megas with National Dex strategies currently on site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)