Dexit discussion thread

And so far, there's no sign of any of the UBs. Kartana is so far absent.

Disappointed Xerneas made it back in, though. I'm sick of that thing dominating every format it exists in, and Dynamax (along with Primal Groudon and Poisonceus presumably being gone) is just going to make it even more disgusting. Hopefully they have the good sense to ban Geomancy next time they do the Ubers VGC format.

Why are the tapu back, why is SWSH's best idea being undone, what was the point of dexit?
Because VGC always has a legendary season, and they needed to get them all back somehow.

Also all the legends and other key threats like metagross and garchomp are all coming near the tail end of the year, a full year after the games launch. That should give everyone enough time to prepare for the coming storm and enjoy nice metas before the inevitable.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Disappointed Xerneas made it back in, though. I'm sick of that thing dominating every format it exists in, and Dynamax (along with Primal Groudon and Poisonceus presumably being gone) is just going to make it even more disgusting. Hopefully they have the good sense to ban Geomancy next time they do the Ubers VGC format.
I expect Primal Groudon to come back before VGC 2022, but it won't save you from a Xerneas with double HP, immune to Roar, immune to Fake Out, immune to status after using Max Starfall (BP 260 before Geomancy).

Why are the tapu back, why is SWSH's best idea being undone, what was the point of dexit?
I mean it sounds like they never wanted to do dexit in the first place. There's a lot of readings yo ucan do into their statemnts, sure, but I do believe there was some issue on the back end that made it difficult to bring over everyone.
But, honestly, even if dexit "stuck" I'd be shocked if they didn't bring them back eventually. Let's say the expansion stuff never happened and we got, like, DP remakes instead. They could so easily include a multitude of legendaries, including the tapu or genies then. Or in 2021. Or whenever.

I'm curious if they might do some balance tweaks to future VGCs, though. Maybe put fiercer limits on the "anything goes" year(s), maybe even limit certain pokemon entirely. Or maybe some pokemon are getting nerfed in ways we're not sure of yet.

I'm curious if they might do some balance tweaks to future VGCs, though. Maybe put fiercer limits on the "anything goes" year(s), maybe even limit certain pokemon entirely. Or maybe some pokemon are getting nerfed in ways we're not sure of yet.
I think we got a clear hint of what the "power limit" limitation is to be fair.
The fact they purposely cut off Megas and Z-moves this gen (and I didn't see any hint of them returning in the DLC trailers so far) leads me to think that their way to powerlimit will be only allowing the current generation mechanic to be used.

The biggest "issue" so-to-say of 2019 VGC was that each team needed to include 2 restricted, 1 mega, potentially 1 primal, 1 Z-move in order to be competitive. This leads to quite some punishment in team building, expecially due to the mega slot which only has 1 overlap with the restricted one (Rayquaza)

I think we got a clear hint of what the "power limit" limitation is to be fair.
The fact they purposely cut off Megas and Z-moves this gen (and I didn't see any hint of them returning in the DLC trailers so far) leads me to think that their way to powerlimit will be only allowing the current generation mechanic to be used.

The biggest "issue" so-to-say of 2019 VGC was that each team needed to include 2 restricted, 1 mega, potentially 1 primal, 1 Z-move in order to be competitive. This leads to quite some punishment in team building, expecially due to the mega slot which only has 1 overlap with the restricted one (Rayquaza)
True but Dynamax has its own share of issues as people's worries here bring up.

Something I do kind of wonder is if they might extend the dynamax restrictions to more pokemon. Right now it's just the wolves & eternatus, probably since they have dynamax killer moves, but I mean there's plenty of time before a lot of pokemon (Solgaleo, Reshiram, etc) are "officially" released and even more time before everyone else (Tapu, Xerneas, Kami in particular) is released. Could tweak the more problematic and most used pokemon to not dynamax.
...Suppose the Co-Ops being in raid dens throws a wrench in that, though. Oh well.

Something I do kind of wonder is if they might extend the dynamax restrictions to more pokemon. Right now it's just the wolves & eternatus, probably since they have dynamax killer moves, but I mean there's plenty of time before a lot of pokemon (Solgaleo, Reshiram, etc) are "officially" released and even more time before everyone else (Tapu, Xerneas, Kami in particular) is released. Could tweak the more problematic and most used pokemon to not dynamax.
...Suppose the Co-Ops being in raid dens throws a wrench in that, though. Oh well.
While you might be right, I believe that it is possible to Dynamax the legendaryes currently "available" in the game (mew included), and we know melmetal even has its own Gigamax, so....

Maybe (maybe) I could see this applying to Primals (assuming Orbs do get implemented) but that's as far as I can see it going.

While you might be right, I believe that it is possible to Dynamax the legendaryes currently "available" in the game (mew included), and we know melmetal even has its own Gigamax, so....
Right my implication was they could edit the restrctions before they're "properly" released. Someone like Melmetal may not be touched for...obvious reasons...but maybe something like the 680 legendaries can have them go "wait...let's not." along side a special set of dynamax exemptions for, like, the upcoming tapus.
Maybe (maybe) I could see this applying to Primals (assuming Orbs do get implemented) but that's as far as I can see it going.
If nothing else, I think the orbs & Primals will be ignored. While they had an arbitrary distinction allowing you to have both primal reversion they are in the same boat as Mega Evolution and also Ultra Necrozma (would've been relatively easy to introduce a new held item, for example).

I think the only mega-adjacent pokemon we'll see come back are Perfect Zygarde & Ash-Greninja (I figure all the starters will come with Armor) just because they function differently.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Honestly I think there's a good chance not even Ash-Greninja or even Lycanroc-Dusk will return, possibly never again. The last time we had event-only Pokemon forms specifically designed to tie into the anime was Spiky Eared Pichu which never left Gen 4. Then again the Ash Hat Pikachus are in the code so who the hell knows

Honestly I think there's a good chance not even Ash-Greninja or even Lycanroc-Dusk will return, possibly never again. The last time we had event-only Pokemon forms specifically designed to tie into the anime was Spiky Eared Pichu which never left Gen 4. Then again the Ash Hat Pikachus are in the code so who the hell knows
Since Lycanroc is gonna be in the game soon, all forms will have their data in the game, so you'll be able to transfer an Own Tempo Rockruff or a Dusk Lycanroc from Home. No idea if Ash-Greninja can be sent to Home, but we have no confirmation on other starters

While they had an arbitrary distinction allowing you to have both primal reversion they are in the same boat as Mega Evolution and also Ultra Necrozma (would've been relatively easy to introduce a new held item, for example).
One important distinction is that unlike both of those, Primals don't use the Dynamax "mechanic" slot. They just switch when they come in, and could be changed to work like Zacian and Zamazenta with minimal effort. The only thing they have in common with megas is being a transformation that adds 100BST.

That said, I'd personally bet against the Primals coming back, because it would feel weird without Mega Rayquaza around and they've been problematic in VGC.

Maybe they’ll change Power Herb so that it won’t work with Geomancy. But considering that GF’s idea of balance was to have Dynamax counter be your own Dynamax, I’m not holding my breath. I’m honestly more concerned about Zacian-C, since it gains 170 Atk and 148 Spd and Fairy and Steel hits the majority of the Uber’s super effectively.

While it’s nice to know that Pokemon are being added in, I still believe the PR was handled terribly. If they had said that they were considering adding more Pokémon, the fans might have calmed down a lot more. When they said this was the new ‘normal’ they must have meant the base game + Expansion Pass. I can understand wanting to keep the pass a secret, but no, there are no plans to add Pokémon due to ‘better’ animations.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
While it’s nice to know that Pokemon are being added in, I still believe the PR was handled terribly. If they had said that they were considering adding more Pokémon, the fans might have calmed down a lot more. When they said this was the new ‘normal’ they must have meant the base game + Expansion Pass. I can understand wanting to keep the pass a secret, but no, there are no plans to add Pokémon due to ‘better’ animations.
It wasn't even that they didn't say it: When asked if they were considering patching in Pokemon, their response was straight-up "We currently have no plans to do so."

Now, if I recall correctly that interview was around the time the controversy had just gotten started, so either June or early July, which leaves a 4-5 month timeframe before launch to have potentially changed their mind, so it really isn't as bad as it seems. Still leads to some interesting questions, mainly as to which came first, the Expansion Pass concept or the idea to patch in old Pokemon.

It wasn't even that they didn't say it: When asked if they were considering patching in Pokemon, their response was straight-up "We currently have no plans to do so."

Now, if I recall correctly that interview was around the time the controversy had just gotten started, so either June or early July, which leaves a 4-5 month timeframe before launch to have potentially changed their mind, so it really isn't as bad as it seems. Still leads to some interesting questions, mainly as to which came first, the Expansion Pass concept or the idea to patch in old Pokemon.
I think it probably was a lie, honestly just because it makes sense to not say you're going to have extensive dlc where we are going to sell you before hte game is even out.
If so, probably the one singular good way of handling PR they did in that pre-release cycle.

And I can't even be mad with gamefreak about it because I've seen the same song & dance for all sorts of odds & ends in games throughout the years.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since Lycanroc and Rockruff are in the expansion, I presume you’ll be able to transfer them through home as well. Its not like a one off unbreedable unevolvable mon like Pichu either.

That said, I'd personally bet against the Primals coming back, because it would feel weird without Mega Rayquaza around and they've been problematic in VGC.
I would have thought the same, but they actually maintained the code for their abilities in the game (which are functional currently aside from lacking graphic), and I don't think they'd go as far as keeping the code in if they weren't planning to maintain them.
For similar reference, the ability Illusion is also in the game (albeith a big buggy iirc) and look, Zorua is one of the few already confirmed mons returning...

I would have thought the same, but they actually maintained the code for their abilities in the game (which are functional currently aside from lacking graphic), and I don't think they'd go as far as keeping the code in if they weren't planning to maintain them.
For similar reference, the ability Illusion is also in the game (albeith a big buggy iirc) and look, Zorua is one of the few already confirmed mons returning...
Every single ability is in the game, I don't think it is indicative of much of anything.

Are there any abilities *not* coded properly? It seems to me that aside from animations, it would be more effort to remove them than to leave them be.

Maybe they’ll change Power Herb so that it won’t work with Geomancy
Should just make Geomancy work like Hyper Beam. That way it's not strictly inferior to Quiver Dance except for when being abused with Power Herb.

The fact Dusk and Ash Greninja are able to be places in Bank tells me that yes they will be carried forward.
This isnt a cosplay pikachu situation.

Pretty sure even the Cap Pikachu, who are also in Bank compatible, are in swsh's code. And meanwhile partner eevee and pikachu are not.

Pretty sure even the Cap Pikachu, who are also in Bank compatible, are in swsh's code. And meanwhile partner eevee and pikachu are not.
I do find peculiar however that the partner moves data is present in the games (even including some balance changes).
Maybe they plan to have them return in future titles...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)