Pokémon Diggersby

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This could be the Pokemon left to fill the hole in my lower tier heart after Pangoro turned out to be a chump. Could be the UU Scizor, or better, since NOTHING is switching in. Overall, the one thing holding it back is its lack of resistances for the role I expect it will fulfill. It gets Rock and...yeah.

Last edited:
it can also switch in to the electric types that roam around UU (assuming they stay good). With a scarf it can outspeed and destroy them before they can hit with their hidden powers, so that's cool. My first xy team will have Diggersby, no doubt. I decided this before it got huge power cos its just too fucking cool

Upstart

Copy Cat
Not much of an update but the Research thread has completed Diggersby's Level-Up and TM move pool, leaving only Egg Moves. The only TM that I saw added of any use is Stone Edge for those willing to risk accuracy for even more power.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's the ticket. I was wondering why Diggersby didn't learn Stone Edge. Now I can see CB W/U-turn, Quick Attack, EdgeQuake. This guy is gonna be pivotal in whatever tier it lands.

I've been running him through standard story, and kind of wrote him off as someone that, while kind of chunky, isn't really good. obviously, now that I know he can run with huge power, I am wrong.

glad to see that he can go into UU at worst, there's something ridiculously satisfying at the overhead he does with physical attacks in-game and having a godly atk stat to match is going to be too good.

There's been a few discussions about Ferrothorn; they all assumed that Ferro would be running max HP and Defense. I can't find a listed set that has that. So, here's its calcs against the "OU Standard" Ferrothorn:

252+ Attack Huge Power (custom) EQ vs. 252 HP/48+ Def Ferrothorn: 41.76 - 49.43% (3HKO)
Same Diggersby + LO EQ vs. Same Ferrothorn: 54.26 - 64.2% (2HKO)
Same Diggersby +1 Attack: 81.25 - 95.73% (2HKO). Unlikely to ever happen.
Same Diggersby +2 Attack (SD or Weakness Policy; seems unviable given that Ferrothorn's Power Whip has an 87.5% chance to OHKO, but whatever): 107.95 - 127.27% (OHKO). So if you can get Diggersby to force something out and use that turn to SD, he can OHKO Ferrothorn. Something that both a Ferrothorn switch-in and SR aren't counters to? W

Ummmmm I truly see Diggersby as the new UU Azumarril, since it has almost the same traits... Both have huge attack because of Huge Power and have a nice Dual STAB combo. The difference is that Diggs it's a little bit less bulky in exchange of having enough speed to outspeed some walls and tanks with almost no investment unlike evopikablu... So, it does have a nice niche in UU as we know it in gen V... Of course we should be expecting some more changes right? I'm hoping that this thing can also learn Stealth Rock, since it can be kinda surprising and if it does learn Crunch, it should have nice neutral coverage with 3 moves... The sad part is that i'm sure that a lot of people are going to be in favor of using SD+3 attacks or Sub+3attacks (or Even SD+Sub+2STABS) x3

Wow just found out this guy gets Huge Power... definitely going to try to make a bulky set with its decent Def and SDef

STAB Quick Attack and STAB EQ...

Loving the bunny. This thing checks Aegislash so hard it isn't funny, and god knows Aegis is all over the place at the moment. It can't always switch in for fear of Sacred Sword, but coming in to revenge is always good. Here's how it beats it down:
  • Normal type: immune to Shadow Sneak
  • Not fast, but comfortably outspeeds (unless Aegis has used Autotomize)
  • STAB Earthquake to KO the fucker (might not always OHKO it in Shield Forme, but if it's in Blade Forme it's gone)
  • EQ isn't a contact move, so it doesn't activate the -2 Atk on King's Shield. You can spam it all day; Aegis' can only switch out or die
The bunny has secured himself a place on my team just for this ability. Lots of Aegislash players don't realise that the bunny is their natural predator.

This could be the Pokemon left to fill the hole in my lower tier heart after Pangoro turned out to be a chump. Could be the UU Scizor, or better, since NOTHING is switching in. Overall, the one thing holding it back is its lack of resistances for the role I expect it will fulfill. It gets Rock and...yeah.
Well honestly it has enough if you run Choice sets. Immunity to Ghost, Electric and Rock resist are all great resistances/immunities to switch into. Resistance to SR is icing on the cake for choice user. It also resist Poison, which in this Gen may actually matter with Fairies around and Grass types being more viable as well (and with many Poison types being good in lower tiers).

I need to say this is really cool Pokemon. Interesting design, GREAT ability to use and interesting STAB combinations to use. I need to build an OU team around it, as it has some interesting potential if you ask me. Power is there, crucial resistances/immunities as well... so who knows ;).

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
This guy actually does look really strong for lower tiers, given this thing's attack is higher than Groudon's. Normal and Ground STABs actually go really good together because Ground hits those Rocks and Steels that resist Return, and hits Ghosts neutrally for big damage. Levitating Ghosts are obviously the problem but those are few and manageable with the rest of the team anyway.

This bunny is my pride and joy right now next to Gourgeist. He is like the fatter, dirtier version of Azumarill with more speed and power.

Diggin' Graves
Huge Power / Choice Band
Adamant 252atk 200hp 56speed
-Quick Attack
-EarthQuake
-StoneEdge
-BrickBreak

This is quite literally the definition of KillerRabbit. The speed EVs are sinply because its still up in the air what tier he'll be in so some speed to be safe is ok. EdgeQuake is great coverage even if banded because you can just switch out and back in if need be. QuickAttack is priority though of course doesnt hit Ghosts but still a great move to have. And BrickBreak is to hit any Normal type you know the deal.

This Rabbit hardbodies Aegislash if it can avoid getting hit by SacredSword. Ive yet to fight an Aegislash this thing doesnt OHKO. Easily a good contender for either RU or UU though as a low tier player id like it in RU more.

So the generic rodent of a generation is going to be somewhere other than NU? This is very interesting. Reminds me a bit of Bibarel, a Pokemon that is actually amazing on paper especially thanks to its ability choices but it stats hold it back. Diggersby looks like it has its game together, Huge Power and Agility is heavenly, as is quick attack and STAB EQ. And best of all it's less predictable than, say, Linoone. We all know Linoone's game.

On a side note has anyone attempted to breed Belly Drum onto this?

So the generic rodent of a generation is going to be somewhere other than NU? This is very interesting. Reminds me a bit of Bibarel, a Pokemon that is actually amazing on paper especially thanks to its ability choices but it stats hold it back. Diggersby looks like it has its game together, Huge Power and Agility is heavenly, as is quick attack and STAB EQ. And best of all it's less predictable than, say, Linoone. We all know Linoone's game.

On a side note has anyone attempted to breed Belly Drum onto this?
That would OU for sure.. Only ghosts would stop it

Loving the bunny. This thing checks Aegislash so hard it isn't funny, and god knows Aegis is all over the place at the moment. It can't always switch in for fear of Sacred Sword, but coming in to revenge is always good. Here's how it beats it down:
  • Normal type: immune to Shadow Sneak
  • Not fast, but comfortably outspeeds (unless Aegis has used Autotomize)
  • STAB Earthquake to KO the fucker (might not always OHKO it in Shield Forme, but if it's in Blade Forme it's gone)
  • EQ isn't a contact move, so it doesn't activate the -2 Atk on King's Shield. You can spam it all day; Aegis' can only switch out or die
The bunny has secured himself a place on my team just for this ability. Lots of Aegislash players don't realise that the bunny is their natural predator.
you forgot to mention that you can predict the kings shield to get in a Swords dance or bulk up boost and then KO it with EQ.

That would OU for sure.. Only ghosts would stop it
Hes too slow for that to be OP. Any Fighting type who naturally outspeeds could OHKO. Itll hurt like a meteor crashing down but its too slow. Also in comparison to linoone his priority is weaker and like you said ghost wall it (Gengar or Mismagius being good examples since they dodge Quake)

Upstart

Copy Cat
Hes too slow for that to be OP. Any Fighting type who naturally outspeeds could OHKO. Itll hurt like a meteor crashing down but its too slow. Also in comparison to linoone his priority is weaker and like you said ghost wall it (Gengar or Mismagius being good examples since they dodge Quake)
I do not wish to feed into possible sets although Belly Drum would be amazing and would fit the artwork. However, you vastly underestimate the power of boosted quick attack. He has enough speed to outpace most mach punch users while being surprisingly bulky. I honestly am confused why people think that Rotom, Gengar, and Mismagius are counters when they are straightout ohko'd by stone edge on the switch. Rotom and Mismagius also lack moves to damage Diggersby, although he must be weary of burns.

I do not wish to feed into possible sets although Belly Drum would be amazing and would fit the artwork. However, you vastly underestimate the power of boosted quick attack. He has enough speed to outpace most mach punch users while being surprisingly bulky. I honestly am confused why people think that Rotom, Gengar, and Mismagius are counters when they are straightout ohko'd by stone edge on the switch. Rotom and Mismagius also lack moves to damage Diggersby, although he must be weary of burns.

Im not underestimating Diggersby. I use a banded set on Showdown. What im saying is anyone who is immune to both its stats are good counters not the beat just good ones. So yes Gengar is one of them as long as it doesnt switch into SE. And Mismagius the same can OHKO it i thin with HP fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)