Final Grades/GPA thread/School/University Discussion

Finally got mine.

Maths - A (overall score 282/300)
French - B (got a C in the speaking test, but I'm sure I did better than that)
ICT - B (no comment)
Music - D (I was never going to get a high grade in this)
Critical Thinking - D (my performance in the first exam let me down and my second exam result was not enough to make up for it)

At least the grades that matter are good.

Got my A2s today!

AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and R.S.

1/1 in STEP II/III

Which means I got into Uni fine :woo:

Congratulations@~ Imperial, I presume?

I got AAAA in my AS. Piece of cake. Except I got a B in C2. How the hell did I manage to get a B in C2?

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
GPA - Garbage

Honestly guys if I pass my courses this semester I won't even care :) Summer semesters are the worst idea ever, it totally screwed my marks up, like seriously look at my gpa for the 2 years of gen I'm taking: 3.3, 2.0, 4.0, 4.0

The 4.0s haven't happened yet but they will :)

Plus to be honest I really don't care about psychology or math or any of that I'm going into music so yeah

Wow, haven't been to Smogon in a while. I'll post my senior year (yes, high school) grades:

AP Calculus AB: A (5 on AP)
Adv English Writing: B (eh...)
AP Statistics: A (4 on AP)
AP Physics C: B (4 on Mech AP; 4 on E&M AP)
Digital Graphics & Multimedia Design: A
Art Publications III: A

I'll be attending University of Wisconsin - Madison this fall. Everything private is way too costly and I really like this one anyway (two cousins are alumni, know a ton about it). Looking forward to pursue some engineering degree....not sure exactly which. Any recommendations?

I'm applying for Chemical Engineering this year just because it is 1) well-paid 2) stable 3) chemistry :)

I would go for any engineering course really apart from Electronic Engineering which albeit fun is (apparently) unneccessarily tough and hard to get a job with these days (at least here in the UK).

Looking forward to pursue some engineering degree....not sure exactly which. Any recommendations?
Probably not a good way of going about things. You will spend the next 30-40 years in the field/related field you take. So you should ask yourself, what you like and what you are good at instead of strangers on the internet.

A level Results today, which produced "Aaaaa" results

Economics - 89/100 and 87/100 units 1 and 2 respectively

Maths - 570/600 overall (A2) with 96/100 in C3, 97 in C4 and 91 in M1 which gives me an A* next year. Also got 84 in S2 which probably counts towards further maths next year.

Physics - 110/120 in Unit 2, 52/60 in ISA. 263/300 A overall

Medieval History - 91/100 and 100/100

Critical Thinking - 93/100 and 94/100, though I took that in January

CrabNebula said:
Probably not a good way of going about things. You will spend the next 30-40 years in the field/related field you take. So you should ask yourself, what you like and what you are good at instead of strangers on the internet.
Thats exactly why I'm confused.
I do know that I want to go into engineering (I'm good at math and physics concept applications) and no other fields interest me. But what major in engineering is the problem - there's too many and I can't pick. I still have two semesters before I formally apply for it, so I've got the time to make the decision.

WeGotTheJazz said:
I'm applying for Chemical Engineering this year just because it is 1) well-paid 2) stable 3) chemistry :)

I would go for any engineering course really apart from Electronic Engineering which albeit fun is (apparently) unneccessarily tough and hard to get a job with these days (at least here in the UK).
I've been deeply considering this as well. Chemistry hasn't really been my forte (way too much memorizing for a science course) but people can get better. This is on the top of my list, actually. Ty for the info.
Btw, what do you think about Nuclear? :o

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I pride myself in being the only dumbass on this forum. (Or at least the only one who has the balls to admit it.

Physics - D
Geology - D
Maths - U
Chemistry - U (Do not understand this one lol)

Our college generally sucks to be honest but thats no excuse for a poor result.

Unfortunately there is also the real world to worry about. Doing something you like is all fine and dandy until you realise you would in fact love to do absolutely nothing and.....

(don't mind me I'm just a cynic)

EDIT: Don't know much about nuclear engineering. I don't think I'd ever be allowed into the profession in the real world (hurray for being South Asian Muslim) so I never really thought about it. More importantly my body's fudged up as it is

Unfortunately there is also the real world to worry about. Doing something you like is all fine and dandy until you realise you would in fact love to do absolutely nothing and.....
No I meant, doing what you like in engineering context, not in general, as he said he wanted to do something in engineering.

Thats exactly why I'm confused.
I do know that I want to go into engineering (I'm good at math and physics concept applications) and no other fields interest me. But what major in engineering is the problem - there's too many and I can't pick. I still have two semesters before I formally apply for it, so I've got the time to make the decision.
Does your school have some kind of intro engineering class? My brother's doing computer science at USC, and I know they had a class where you learn a little bit about all the different engineering subfields. Depending on the school, you can probably take lower division classes and get your feet wet in different areas before you fully decide (for example, probably all engineers would take some kind of programming class and some kind of digital logic / circuits class, which may help you decide whether that's what you want to get into).

ABC, A in politics, B in history and C in philosophy. Some of the unit marks were classic (90% in a unit I hadn't studied, a U in a module I thought I hadn't flunked that badly) but I'm alright with that overall really.

3.911 GPA (4.24 with Honors Points)
33 ACT (35 combined highest composite score)
45 credit-hours from AP Test scores at University (they capped me at 32)

I'm double-majoring in bassoon performance and saxophone performance because rather than living in a box, I want to live in a dumpster so I can have moon roof. My bassoon professor has a bachelor's from Oberlin and a Master's from Juilliard, and my saxophone professor won Fischoff in 2007, so actually I'm really excited about starting there.

Just got my GCSE results:

A* - Mathematics
A* - Additional Science
A - Core Science
A - Spanish
A - French
B - Religious Studies Half Course
B - ICT Full Course
B - Resistant Materials Technology
B - English Literature
C - English

Overall I'm pleased, I can also get into the top colleges around here with the grades, but I've decided against it.

I got sort of similar.

A* core science
A additional science
A maths
A English
A Spanish
A German
B geograpy
B English literature
B equivalent in DiDA lol
C history

Bleh I should've got better. As will do I guess.

BlackCharizard, the RE was most likely a mock (unless you use a different exam board), and the sciences are all 1/3 of the final grades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)