Fulgrate Art thread.

I finally figured out what sort of attire to give the Dragon girl. A Dragon Scale dress, a soul armor made from her own scales. Gives her a spiritual layer of protection that is good against all forms of attacks, since regular dragon scales are mostly good against physical attacks.

All hero characters so far, excluding wild cards and villains.

Since the work week starts tommorrow for me, I was trying to crank out as much art as possible today. These designs had been in my head for weeks, but I finally got around to putting them down to digital paper(the knight is suppose to have a armored plate under the jacket, but I decided to try that later.

I gave the Fire Knight the "Blue Mantra" sword. The Wind Princess has "Lavender Piety", which does for the mind what swords do for strength.

The previous design of the two(I decided to give the Samurai-esque armor to a different character):

The Knight is of the Gold race, and with the Silver Race of the Fury Knight and Bronze race of the Wind Knight, all that's left is the races of the Holy Knight and the Power Knight. (I'll have to make one of them a mixed race, which are called "Rusties" in the Metallion's culture, the other will be of the Platinum race, most likely the holy knight, to match his "Holier than thou" attitude in both race and element, lol.

All the Knight's so far, with their "Princesses" (The dragon girl is technically not a princess).

The "old version" of the holy knight and his hex princess(upper right of the pic), which both need an overhaul.

This is like the 5th time I redesign the Igknight. I gotta go all the way, beyond the limit, just like what the character represents. He's suppose to be a homage to the over the top, loud, show boating type character.
:catdrake

This newer design dials that in better I think.
:samuraicat

[IMG]

Same color scheme, gold skin, orange hair. Anyways, I think I'm close to his final design if this isn't it already, lol. The Princess might be a klutzy type, maybe.
:catflower

The Fire Knight about to transform into second stage. Basically, all characters in-universe are only using somewhere between 10% and 30% of their full power, so they use tranformations to be able to tap the rest of the 100%. Some just need one transformation to reach 100%, others might transform up to 3 times or more to achieve it. Depends on the different schools of fighting. For Knights, there are only 2 stages of transformation.

His hair is on fire when he is fully transformed, but he has some armor stuff as well when fully transformed.

The guy at the bottom is the Holy Knight, who's Metallion race is Platinum, unlike the Gold race of the IgKnight, the Platinum race is the true upper echelon of their society. The Gold race is still wealthy compared to the lower races such as Silver and Bronze.

The Princess next to him is the Hex Princess, who uses debuffs and curses to fight. She can use them dynamically, for example, if somebody shoots projectiles at her, she can debuff them mid-flight, so by the time they reach her, she can swat them away with her bare hands. She can also use curses to enhance her knight, such as decreasing durability in return for greater speed, etc. The Holy Knight himself uses the Holy element, which is really good at enhancement, as well as healing.

The Holy Knight has a very large ego, as well as being condescending. He is also exceptionally strong so he at least can back up his words with power.

Shoot, ended up drawing the Doom Knight and Power knight instead of the Holy Knight. In the previous pic, bottom, it was the power knight with the hair style and armor of the Doom knight, lol!! But behold, I put his normal hair back(which I originally had sorta but gave him long hair instead failing to realize it was somebody elses.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I have no idea what element the Doom Knight is, might be Plasma, which if it is, he would have a Plasma blade scythe instead of a physical one, lol, and his Princess I'm not sure of yet either. What I do know, is that he uses a Scythe.

The Power Knight has neutral energy, thus no element, but he has sheer power, just karate chopping the air causes a devastating, ranged energy wave. His sword is locked with chains to prevent him from using it in most fights. Where he to use his sword, a single swipe would unleash a torrential energy wave that would reshape the land.

His durability and speed is average though, so he has to use his sealed sword to block attacks.

His Princess I'm not sure on her powers and techniques yet, but her weapon is a wand, and what I'm about to describe might belong to the Doom Knight's Princess who uses a staff, which is capable of both special and melee techniques. Basically the fighting style uses multiple elements like Fire, Lightning, Wind, Water, and so on. Her element is neutral or "magic" or something. The drawback of using multiple elements is that unlike a normal element user that can unleash their technique instantly, a lot of her techniques have conditions, wind up times, or both that have to be met to use multiple elements.

I still might make the Doom Knight the Holy Knight and just make his suit more regal looking than scary, since his race is Platinum, it would make sense.

If the Holy Knight is a seperate character, I'm gonna go with a round eyed, naively dedicated, holier than thou Metallion that has his faith misplaced in corrupt authority. His race would have to be platinum. The Doom Knight might either be gold or platinum. The Power Knight is the Rusty/Mixed Alloy Mutt I was talking about.

The Holy Knight's weapon might either be a Spear, Hand and a half sword, or Lance.

:catprone

Got him! Here's the Holy Knight, lol. He's practically main character material. IF he does become the main, then his weapon is gauntlet boxing gloves, a bit different from the Wind Knights. If he starts off as an antagonist/wild card then he gets the Lance or a sword. The Hex Princess dresses like a magical girl and either uses gloves, a wand, or staff depending on the Holy Knights role in the story.

[IMG]

If I had gone to sleep without drawing it, the design would have escaped me again, and I'd be drawing out other knights that ain't him, lol. Same for the Princess, I kept forgetting there is a Princess that dresses up like a Magical Girl.
:cat

Holy Element is fun since it can do stuff like enhance attack speed, enhance strength, enhance durability, etc, but one at a time. So he can basically adjust himself to suit the tide of the fight.

I'm still trying to perfect these two's designs. This knight is now the lightning knight, so I have no idea who the holy knight is. The Princess I'm not sure on her element, might be water, but different from the
Kappa
in that she might use Mist techniques to make illusions or some other different application of water such as healing or bubbles.
[IMG]

The intention with these designs is that they look like main characters but are actually the antagonists(the main characters would be the gloomy princess and fury knight.) Although I gotta fight the urge to make these two the mains, lol.

And on the other hand, I might just have the story follow different knights instead and have them all be the mains that eventually fight with each other. I would have to tweak the story for that to happen.

Finally, I think I got the Holy Knight, I finally saw him while I was watching the very first arc(that I was unsure if I should do until I finally came up with an awesome setting for it), and he shows up! He is arrogant, haughty, and a showboater in his early days(lower right), and when after he finds his Princess and gets older, he is incredibly condensing, with the whole looking down on others deal, while still retaining the haughtyness of his youth. Can't say much more than that, but this guy rises up ranks quickly.

His metallion race is Platinum, he's gonna be asking a Gold why he's hanging out with a Silver and Bronze before beating them up to show their inferiority in his debut in the first arc.

The faces in the upper right are some other characters.

His Princess is the Hex Princess.

Meanwhile, here are some notes regarding the Fury Knight and Gloomy Princess.

My first time drawing them in a while for this pic, so I'm off a bit with the designs.

I'm still kind of off in some parts, but better.

Trying out a different type of eye with the Fairy/Pixie girl.

Now compared to her old eyes.

I drew without reference, so I forgot what her hair looked like.
:blobnotgood
It's been a while since I drew her.

Which eyes do you prefer?

I like both, they each have their pros and cons though. A pro of the old eyes is that it makes the style unique.

YES, finally got around to redesigning these two for the new era.

Although, for the colors, I'm down to these. The original colors that where in my mind all this time where far left for the cheetah and far right for the swift.

Argh, I had to do so much today, even though it was my off day. All I had left was the afternoon, and didn't want let it go to waste since I got work tomorrow, so managed to sketch this up.

And some more alternate color schemes. If this knight gets the orangish skin, he's of the Aluminum race, if silver, then Silver race, lol.

I was suppose to sketch up stuff like the knights as squires, the setting, and a bunch of other stuff that I have written down in the past several weeks. I got a backlog of stuff to draw.

I'm trying to flesh out the designs based off the notes. Since it starts from the moment the dude goes on the journey to become a knight(in the first episode, they are just a mere Page rank, and have to go to become squire, then become a Knight afterwards.

I won't spoil too much, but the Princess starts off as the design on the left, and the journey takes its toll on her and she becomes the character in the art I've drawn in previous posts. The taller character is an elder sister of hers, and some of her other sisters who are established Princesses, and who are just there to witness her demise. The Page/Squire/Knight in this page, in the first arc, is basically trying to prevent that, I won't go into detail.
:psyduck

I wanted to draw the other knights as they where at Page/Squire rank, but I'll save that for later.

The reason this Squire has rag tag clothing is to contrast to the competing squires who will come from better villages, with the guy of the Gold race getting the most options.

More early story stuff, so the other designs I showed are after a time skip. It's imperative I start from the beggining to not only explain the origin of a knight, but because of other stuff, lol. Then again, I might start the story in the present and only refer to this era in flashbacks, still deciding.

You can probably guess who's who past self.

Some enemies from the past on the right, the left has some characters that I can't say who they are as it would spoil things.

So the Knight with the dark powers, his race is either going to be Aluminum(a low class metal, along with Iron, copper, and some others that are called "Rusties", and only Gold, Silver, and Bronze being able to live in the upper class, with Platinum ruling over all of them) or Mixed type(Alloy is the slur for it).

Aluminum as a metal race, is weak, yet light, but they usually get turned down for combat roles such as knight, and usually get used as scouts due to their speed. This Aluminum Knight is able to fight thanks to the Dark elements property of multiplying inertia, plus the fighting style he uses maximizes his strengths while covering his weaknesses.

He starts out in a place with a specific name I can't remember right now(although I wrote it down) I think it was something like "The Scraps" which is basically a scrap heap where the lowest of Rusties live in poverty.

I don't wanna spoil too much of the setting though.

And some Fairy/Pixie pics:

Haven't drawn them in a while, used no references, so they are a bit off model or whatever.

Found the original-ORIGINAL sketch of this story, from 3/26/2012 apparently. The style looks waayyy different back then. Kind of weird in fact.

I would say I've progressed pretty far with the designs. The main princess was always meant to be sort of depressed looking, in some iterations between 2012 and 2019, she was more upbeat.

I was trying to draw in the previous styles I had, but it's been so long that they look weird. Type-B(not the real name, but lets call it that) is the style I use these days, which might be good for a humor-based series, which is my intention if I ever get around to doing that. Type-A is my style from years ago, and has a few variations over time. Type-0 was some one off style I used at some point(I didn't even get it right in this pic).

The "would be the main character" knight, element neutral, his Princess has an asian flair(which is a rehash of a Euro Knight/Japanese Princess duo I had a while back).

He might be the true rival to the main knight, and the opposite of him since he's super optimistic and stuff, lol.

The joke of these two might be that the Princess speaks a different language, so he constantly misinterprets what she's saying or doesn't understand her, but she gets dragged along his "adventure" anyway.

He would also be the oppossing view point in the first chapter of the drastic starting circumstances of different pages(novice knights) in different locations. I think he's a Platinum race so he will start off in a high place(so basically shimmering white skin, with blonde hair), to contrast the Aluminum Knight's low starting point of the region called "The Junkyard".

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)