Fulgrate Art thread.

More of the Princess with some of her expressions:

I forged another sword, this time from the series "Hard Core Leveling Warrior", it's the "The Sword of Honor: The Seven Truths".

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

It was VERY HARD, harder than drawing. X D But I'm getting faster, and it's getting easier. I dont' remember how good I was at 3D years ago, but I'm glad the things I make turn out better than expected, lol.

So here's a female knight and her prince, her is water, and his earth(or she's earth, he water). She's striaghtforward and agressive. He's kind of deceptive and an emotional manipulator type of person.
:catroll
Hey'll sway people into his cause with deceit disguised as sweet truths.
:catlewd
He wears a crown as he has already decided himself to be winner of this free for all bloodbath between kingdoms.
:explicat

He uses her feelings for him to win his fights when things get confrontational, although he himself is no slouch in combat. (If his powers are water based, he might emit a fog that if the person is immersed in, will create illusions.)
:catsweat
Well, I'll work out the powers later, but he definitely looks more like an illusionist type, although he might be able to do both mid-level illusions and mid-level combat abilities.

Either that, or he's a good guy who genuinely wants to help the other heroes, but everybody is suspicious of his motives but they where genuine.

Or that is what happens early on, but then everybodies suspicions are proven true when he reveals himself to be some kind of machivillean schemer or something.

Here's the 2017 sketch, although it was just the female knights(although the masked ones I think are knight fodder or something. I never uploaded this one since it was just a PSD with no jpg or png next to it(which usually means I uploaded it).

I forged a third sword in 3D! I'm practically a virtual swordsmith now! Do you recognize it? Where this sword is from!? Do you!?

Pre-time skip stuff, the knight with the title of "Igknight" or the strongest Fire Knight. The guy in the bottom left gets his hairstyle from him post-time skip.

Some notes of the possible lineup of the main knight's "team" or temporary alliance as he makes his way to the "miracle capital". (I'll save explaining the plot for actually gradually revealing it in comic, lol)

For example, the moth girl joins because she saw the Princess's light through the window, like the moth meme.

Okay, so this will probably be the initial team in part 1 or near the end of part 1 since the knight might temporarily team up with the other knight candidates(pages) if I pick that version of the script. The moth girl still appears, but either very late in the part 1 or on and off.

But yeah, that will probably be the main group for this part of the story. I had to fix they're heights since the bunny was way too short and the Gryphon was too tall(although he and the knight are the same height after the time skip lol).

The bunny dude is a student of the same martial arts as the monkey and dragon, although I have to redesign said monkey and dragon, lol.
[IMG]

[IMG]

Trying different settings and slight variations in the way I draw to see how this princess turns out. The design on the left is what her current is, and middle and right are variations, I'm nearly close, but's difficult for some reason with these depressed looking types, lol. :life :nanibaka

Finally got around to collecting the majority of my early sword designs such as the awesome "flame sword" that is third in the 1st row or the Thorny sword in the second row. The prototype of the sword I always give to the mc of nearly every story since can be found on the page as well.

It's driving me nuts that I can't find the "Dark Rune Sword", I found it's lamer prototype which is second in the 1st row, but not the sword itself, which I want to turn 3D.
:catroll

These twp designs are the closest to what I had in mind for the main knight and princess. So they are a "work in progress" right now, I gotta redesign the knight's outfit, and give the Princess an actual dress, the shirt is temporary till I figure out a good design for her attire.

And I finished another sword, but it's not actually a sword, it's a waster! It's made of the miraculous Midnight Oak, and further reinforced by runes to absurd density levels. It's durable enough to clash with even legendary swords like Yellow Ferver, Black Ardent, and Blue Mantra! Only a warrior who pledges not to take life could wield this thing.

This wooden "sword" is originally planned to show up post-time skip, and I won't say who it is that ends up wielding this legendary waster. (Waster's are like the european parallel to Shinai.)

The part 1 designs are ready, I should just dive in as soon as my 3D training gets me to a sufficient enough level, and just work on the above future designs later, lol.

MOAR PICS:

I was trying to turn 2D into 3D. :catthinks
[IMG]

I had to make a really simple mesh first though.
[IMG]

But once I did that, I started sculpting it, actually DRAWING over it with my wacom tablet, lol, but instead of 2D, I'm drawing 3D. :catdrake

[IMG]

THEN I had to do this thing called "retopology", which involves putting tons of squares on the surface of the sculpt, to make it compatible with animation and games. :catprotecc

[IMG]

It's no where near finished though, but I colored it and drew her some quick hair and eyebrows to see how a render would look.
[IMG]

I'll... have to redraw the hair from scratch. :catwat
[IMG]

Here's the progress on that 3D model I made from my 2D stuff, lol. :catgun Worked some more on the hair, then tried to make the eyes look better than the below pic, lol.

"No makeup".

[IMG]

Basically, this was the end result, but next, I'll try going the DBFZ/GBFVS route and make it look 2D-ish, lol.
[IMG]

The hair I was going for was from this drawing, lol.
[IMG]

The alternate rendering, don't open if your weak of stomach. :catthinks

[IMG]

Here's some more "in progress pics", especially with the eyes, was trying really hard to make that look good.

"She couldn't believe her eyes". Accidental pic, lol.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sideviews.
[IMG]

[IMG]

More final renders:
[IMG]

[IMG]

3D would allow me to use good reference for drawing in 2D, such as angles like these.
[IMG]

I feel like the pic below would make a good meme somehow. "When you wake up and remember you hate everything" or something like that, lol.

[IMG]

I used the hair of her early designs as reference, but with the face of the newer designs. :katga

Had to make a new, low poly version of the princess just to be able to pose her without problems.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now I gotta make the others before I can start the webtoon.

The setting of the world is interesting to me, for example, the planet is on it's axis, with it's north pole facing towards the solar systems star(sun).

It has two satellites/moons, one always behind it but slightly above, while the other orbits it(causing the lunar and solar eclipses).

So one side of the planet is always daytime, the other nighttime, and those living at the border see perpetual dawn/dusk.(The main character starts in an area like this).

At the poles of each planet are the "Miracle Capitals", the pinnacle of magical(day side), and technological(night side) might, people seek to enter either of these floating cities since almost any wish or goal can be accomplished there due to the valuable, rare items of immense power there.

To get there, they must collect 10 artifacts from all over the region surrounding that specific capital. Theres multiple copies of each artifact, but you have to have one of each to have the "key" to enter.

So a lot of scenarios play out to get these artifacts. People will also fight/kill each other just to steal an artifact to add to their collection(the legal way to do it is to duel with an artifact from their own respective collection on the line, a sanctioned battle if you will).

The ones who hold multiple copies of an artifact to give out are usually groups like knight orders, warrior guilds, creature tribes, and so on, which was assigned to them by those in the Miracle Capital.

Theres a third, hidden miracle capital, but I don't want to spoil the location of that, lol.

The names of three miracle capitals are "Arcadia", "Nirvana", and "Shangrila", but I might change it before the series starts.

Since the Princess is from off world, stuff like the permanent day time will shock her.

The items that can be bought at the miracle capital can do stuff like a tree that grows infinite fruit, which a starving village would want, and thus they send their best warrior with the task of entering the miracle capital and acquiring such an item to save the village(thats an example from a side character, I don't want to reveal each main characters reason for going to the miracle capital, but for the Princess, it's to be able to exit the harsh princess game and go off world.)

Last edited:

"More World Lore"

As I mentioned before, the planet is the homeworld of metalloids(knights, also, Dragon warriors are called Daes, like Night and Day), so a lot of things are silicon based lifeforms like they are, including gigantic-tree like structures. All carbon based life forms are descendants of off-world immigrants from age ago.

Theres' gonna be gigantic stumps of what use to be miles tall trees that LOOK like cliffs/mountains/plateaus, lol, since a lot of giant trees where used mostly in the creation of the miracle capitals(each is the size of a small US state.) as well as gigantic space ships that left the planet a while back.

I was gonna have redwood sized trees, but this inspired me to go even bigger, lol.

One of the locations is actually one of the last fallen giant trees that wasn't used in the construction thousands of years ago, a hollow "log" that fell during the deforestation, stretching 12 miles, and a hide out for monsters.

It'll turn out that there are some giant trees still standing in the dark side, but they are all dead due to no sunlight, so they just tower ominously on the horizon of the perpetually moonlit, night sky.

The planet wasn't always on it's side, which is why there was trees growing where the dark side of the planet is now. But revealing anymore regarding that would be major spoilers.

The organisms on the night side are similar to those found in arctic weather, and vice versa for the day side.

Nobody on the day side is allowed to go to the dark side, not that they easily could anyway, even with superpowers, since it would be the equivalent of a regular person here on earth trying to reach antarctica on a raft. Only the strongest can make the journey.

Funnily enough, the area around the Miracle capital on the night side, Shangrila, isn't cold, due to their advancted technology(about 100 miles out from it's perimeter, otherwise, past that it's tundra and blizzards up until you approach the area of permanent dusk/dawn. Shangrila itself would look like some sort of futuristic, sci-fi-ish Las Vegas type city, a huge contrast to the day side Arcadia with it's medieval/fantasy motif, being the capital of magic itself. Unlike Arcadia, Shangrila is also a hub for most off worlders.(and coming from space lets you go directly into the city, without having to experience the brutal journey of traveling from the day side to night side.)

Anyways, finished the Princess base dress, ruffles at lower poly is simpler to achieve, like 10 minutes(but thats probably cause I did the harder, more detailed ruffles, anything less is easier now).

I've updated the layout of her costume, so she's got sun, moon, and star symbols since her element is light so she deals with that stuff.
[IMG]

Improved the look of the ruffles, lol.
[IMG]

She looking hip now with good ruffles.
[IMG]

Her hands look better too now after fixing them up.
[IMG]

"GIMME YOUR PHONE"
[IMG]

I've been carving out the planet, thousands of miles of coastline. Now I gotta add depth like mountains, valleys, and other stuff.

This is the continent where part 1 takes place. The Knight's hometown, in the region of the "Junkyard", is located at the border of the dark side of the planet. Everyday, he sees perpetual dusk, while the richer, more wealthy towns in the north enjoy perpetual daytime. When he gets the chance to go on the journey to Arcadia, he takes it. (Arcadia is located in the spiral looking island which is the planets "north pole". Since the planet is tilted, it's always warm there.
[IMG]

Here's how it looks without the dark side covering up the south portion.
[IMG]

2D image I drew of the continent.
[IMG]

On the twilight continent, on the dark side of the planet, some regions share 2 artifical suns that make the rounds to give each region daytime for a few days before leaving them in perpetual twilight for much longer. The sun shaped region has an artificial sun right in its center, permanently on high, so it's turned into a desert.

So it turns out, I got the holy knight and light knight confused, I thought it was two different versions of the same character, but I checked my notes and it turns out to be two entirely different characters. Which would explain the conflicting personality traits, lol. It would explain why the Gravity(Darkness) princess is looking up at somebody.

[IMG]

The "Holy" Knight isn't a product of the high aristocracy, but a low class metal "Tinman" from the "The Junkyard" region. Which would explain how and why he knows the Aluminum Knight personally and why their rivalry goes back to before the story begins. (The region where the high class metals live is further north.)

I've modified his skin to reflect his real race(Tinmen have purplish skin tone, Ironmen have bluish skin, and Aluminumen a light orange skin.) Here's the height differences between the 7 knights(one of the original titles was 7 daes and knights, Daes being the Dragon warrior equivalent of a Knight.)

The Tinman eventually joins the same Order as the elite Light Knight, since that order only accepts those with Light, Holy, Fire, or Neutral elements.

Also, that continent I posted earlier is where all this stuff takes place. I actually sort of finished it the other day. The shadowy area of the continent is where the "The Junkyard" region where all the low quality metalloids live, also known as "The land of eternal dusk".
[IMG]

With an atmosphere.

[IMG]

The dragon continent of "New Dragonia", all the way on the other side of the planet.
[IMG]

The Twilight continent of "Never Ending Night" on the dark side of the planet. Well, some places have an artifical sun, but other regions are practically an endless antarctic winter.
[IMG]

They won't even visit the dark side till part 2, but it will be talked about like some inhospitable place due to rumors since most Metalmen are uneducated and never left their homeland.

I'm studying how to face rig and use shape keys and stuff, for facial expressions.

And then I fixed her cowl/mantle.

At one point, THIS was the face mesh, but my PC can't handle that density.

https://skfb.ly/6VOVs

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/planet-a67dd881efd04e4db5160565b119caae

Here is the planet I made, in full 3D, so you can move it around, see it from any angle shinanigans. Some of the continents on the dark side of the planet are supposed to be covered in snow, a perpetual tundra, since its in eternal darkness, while other dark continents have old climate tech run amok that prevents that from happening(the sun shaped continent is a hot desert because of that.)

[sketchfab]a67dd881efd04e4db5160565b119caae[/sketchfab]

So the main continent the story takes place in is divided into 7 territories, each territory has a knight order in charge of it, thus there are 7 barons(highest knight rank), who are the strongest knights in those lands.

[IMG]

Each order doesn't necessarily represent an element.

Anyways, the baron Holy Knight is a master of fist fighting, weapon are his gauntlets "Face blessers", which he uses to pummel people with, a cross shows up on impact. Holy Element.

The MightKnight dual wields gigantic swords, is the tankiest in the land. No element, pure power.

BrainKnight(title pending) uses a morning star with a chain who's length he can adjust, so he can extend and retract it at will. He is either water or metal element.

Graknight is a master of both martial and magic arts, highly skilled and knows over 100 viable techniques. Uses the traditional sword and shield(with a twist). Multiple elements.

Knightingale uses a floating scythe that she can manipulate from a distance, her order has the most female knights. Her element is wind.

Igknight is a ranged fighter, mainly uses fire as his element.

Midknight is so skilled, that he has survived to Baronhood just using a normal short sword. His skill not only exceeds Graknight, but his dexterity and strength are far above average. (Although MightKnight beats him in pure stats).

And for comparison, an average Squire(the rank before knight) with their standard issued steed. That uniform means he belong to a particular order.

Yeah, it was important I define who the strongest knights in the land are before starting the story, lol.

There are 7 dragons who are the strongest, called "Daes"(pronounced Days). So 7 Daes and Knights!

I need to update the 7 Daes designs(the girl is to cartoony, although her fire form is cool lol). (They are not to scale, the dragons in the top row range from the size of an elephant to the size of a 10 story building.)
[IMG]

Kaappa character. Her base form on the left, on the right is like a "were-" transformation that some creatures can learn for more power. OR it's just her after the timeskip, don't know yet.
[IMG]

I'm world building, literally and metaphorically.
:ruri

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)