Pet Mod [Gen 8] OptiMons [DLC Slate 1]

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In addition to all of this, we are having a retooling Slate open for the two bottom tier Pokemon that require more than a stat buff or addition, but a redo!
Cursola +25 Sp. Attack, +5 Sp. Defence,
Boltund +10 Attack, +9 Speed, HA: Infiltrator

That should do it
I know nothing about this meta BTW
Dude, at least pretend to read what it says.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
No one else volunteers? I'll help out Cursola while staying true to most of it's original stats.

Cursola [Optimized]
Abilities
: Filter | [HA] Perish Body
Stats: 80 HP / 70 Atk / 85 Def / 145 SpA / 130 SpD / 45 Spe [BST 545]
Added Moves: Hyper Voice (Recover kept)
Summary of Changes: Reverting back to Cursola's original base stats. In addition, +20 HP, Attack and Defense swapped (with +20 on Attack and -10 on Defense), and +15 Speed.

The biggest problems with Optimized Cursola is that it's not only a lousy master of none, but there's also the fact that Ghost/Rock is not even a good defensive typing, leaving it weak to six Types, of which Water, Dark, Ground and Steel being common (or even worse, Scrappy Fighting-type). Ghost / Normal is not as optimal as Water / Poison of Toxapex but hear this, not only Cursola got it's enormous Special Attack back, but it allows for an additional immunity to Ghost, which means you won't beat it with your own Ghost-type, and it's weakness is now only Dark (and Scrappy Fighting).

The weaknesses like low Speed and low Physical Bulk become less problematic as well. Still problematic, but not to a very crippling extent as before. Filter and Perish Body are situational, but considering that big bulk + Recover + Strength Sap, or how it can set up with Calm Mind, it's for the better.

(I'll reduce the Defense into 70 and/or remove Recover if it's looks overbearing.)​

Last edited:

Cursola [Optimized]
Abilities: Regenerator/Perish Body (unchanged)
Stats: 100/65/100/125/120/40
Added Moves:
Summary of Changes: -10 Attack, +20 SpA, +10 Speed
Well, here we go I guess... Cursola in its originality was probably going to be bulky SpA, but this is basically Cursola but better. A buff to its special attack and speed should do the trick here! No new moves because the stuff that it already has is good enough offensively, and Recover is self-explanatory.​

G-Luke

Cursola [Optimized]
Abilities
: Regenerator | [HA] Perish Body
Stats: 80 HP / 65 Atk / 80 Def / 145 SpA / 130 SpD / 45 Spe [BST 545]
Added Moves: Dark Pulse, -Recover
Summary of Changes: Reverting back to Cursola's original base stats. In addition, +20 HP, -30 Atk and +30 Def with +15 Spe

Cursola is now a very powerful walllbreaker with sustainability, being a completely different beast from all of OU's resident Ghost and Dark type breakers. From its skyhigh SpA and pretty good 80 / 80 / 130 bulk coupled with Regenerator. 45 Speed means its not outsped by Toxapex of all things and can run invest in speed to creep Clefable.

Now how the hell do we buff Zappy Doge​

Last edited:

Cursola [Optimized]
Abilities
: Regenerator | [HA] Perish Body
Stats: 80 HP / 65 Atk / 70 Def / 145 SpA / 130 SpD / 45 Spe [BST 545]
Added Moves: Dark Pulse, -Recover
Summary of Changes: Reverting back to Cursola's original base stats. In addition, +20 HP, -30 Atk and +30 Def with +15 Spe

Cursola is now a very powerful walllbreaker with sustainability, being a completely different beast from all of OU's resident Ghost and Dark type breakers. From its skyhigh SpA and pretty good 80 / 80 / 130 bulk coupled with Regenerator. 45 Speed means its not outsped by Toxapex of all things and can run invest in speed to creep Clefable.

Now how the hell do we buff Zappy Doge​
Your optimization has 70 defense, not 80.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Cursola [Optimized]
Abilities: Regenerator / Perish Body
Stats: 80 / 75 / 100 / 145 / 130 / 40 (570 BST)
Added Moves: Recover
Summary of Changes: +20 HP, -20 Attack, +50 Defense, +10 Speed
Cursola is now a solid spinblocker and TR abuser that has longevity other TR abusers lack. It’s still held back by very low speed and no dual STAB, though.

Electric/Fairy
Boltund [Optimized]
Abilities:
Strong Jaw (Competetvie)
Stats: 69 / 105 / 60 / 105 / 60 / 131 (530 BST)
Added Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Moon Blast, Grass Knot, Seed Bomb, Ice Fang, Poison Fang
Overview: Electric/Fairy gives it a strong niche as the rival of Thievul line. The added Moon and Fire Blasts enable a competitive set to hit surprisingly hard as 131 is a great speed to abuse with a free NP and a good combo of attacks types.

There's the biting path which also hits hard but uses the physical side instead of the side that lures in Intimidators. This thing doesn't step on Koko, not that such a comparison warrants concern as Koko has terrain support and tends to hit harder, but Boltund has a better attacking movepool and that 1 point of speed might actually make worlds of difference. On its own Bolt is fast but 105 attacking stat is not too amazing.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Cursola +25 Sp. Attack, +5 Sp. Defence, New Type: Ghost/Dark
Boltund +10 Attack, +9 Speed, HA: Infiltrator, New Type: Electric/Ground

That should do it
I know nothing about this meta BTW
Cursola and Boltund dont learn any good Dark or Ground type moves respectively. If you are gonna attempt to submit things, put in actual effort or don't submit at all. You're not a fresh face to Pet Mods, so you know how this works, and I am getting pretty annoyed at constantly having to reply to you.

Electric/Normal
Boltund [Optimized]
Abilities:
Strong Jaw | Scrappy (HA)
Stats: 89 / 100 / 60 / 100 / 60 / 146 (555 BST)
Added Moves: Extreme Speed, Focus Blast (in addition to the added moves it already had)
Overview: How to compete with Zeraora? Just make it faster! It has reasonable tradeoffs with Zeraora ( or Dragapult for that matter ), since it's much more frail and has less powerful moves. It makes up for it by outspeeding them, and having a chance to Nasty Plot sweep. The ability to break Aegislash, Toxapex, and Corviknight at +2 should come in handy, but it's not too easy to set up.

G-Luke

Forgot this was still happening. I don't think we will get time to do votes so will pull a RR/IB and "fuse" everything together. So

Electric/Normal
Boltund [Optimized]
Abilities:
Strong Jaw / Competitive | Scrappy (HA)
Stats: 89 / 105 / 60 / 105 / 60 / 146 (565 BST)
Added Moves: Extreme Speed, Focus Blast, Flamethrower, Seed Bomb, Ice Fang, Poison Fang (In addition to its existing added moves)
And

Cursola [Optimized]
Abilities
: Regenerator / Filter | [HA] Perish Body
Stats: 80 HP / 70 Atk / 85 Def / 145 SpA / 130 SpD / 45 Spe [BST 545]
Added Moves: Dark Pulse, Knock Off
These will be added to the Spreadsheet. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Forgot this was still happening. I don't think we will get time to do votes so will pull a RR/IB and "fuse" everything together. So...

These will be added to the Spreadsheet. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
I really like this! TBH the Cursola changes looks almost exactly mine, except Ghost / Dark (+ obligatory Dark-type STAB), and Regenerator added alongside Filter. Still, congratulations for everyone who contributed!

G-Luke

I really like this! TBH the Cursola changes looks almost exactly mine, except Ghost / Dark (+ obligatory Dark-type STAB), and Regenerator added alongside Filter. Still, congratulations for everyone who contributed!
yes because I liked your stat spread the best so I used it as the base

This is my first sub here, so if I did anything wrong please tell me! The OP didn't clarify much, but given the "Custom Elements" section in the Spreadsheet I figured I could re-do Barrage. Though there were only abilities there... so if it's not allowed please tell me.

Exeggutor [Optimized]
Abilities
: Clorophyll/Analytic (Harvest)
Stats: 95 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 90 / 50 [540 BST]
Added Moves: Barrage (Changed effect: Psychic Type, Special, 25 BP, 90% Acc., 32 PP, After dealing all the hits raises Defense and lowers Speed one stage (Scale Shot clone))
Summary of Changes: -15 Attack, + 15 Defense, + 15 SpD., -5 Speed (total +10 BST)
Description: Exeggutor doesn't need much not to suck. All it takes is a little more bulk, an ability that doesn't rely on Sun, and something that allows it to abuse its low Speed stat (although not the slowest in the meta). Its once cut Signature Move comes back as something that allows it to proveit his new Analytic ability even more by making it slower and sturdier. I was going to moderately boost it's Special Attack but decided against it since the Analytic boost makes up for it. The stat changes resume to lowering what was low, and making it sturdier like a chonky tree should be.

Marowak [Optimized]
Abilities
: Rattled/Lightning Rod (Skill Link)
Stats: 80/80/110/50/100/65 [BST: 485]
Added Moves: Shadow Bone, Rock Blast, Arm Thrust
Summary of Changes: +20 to all stats minus Atk, Def and SpA.
Description: Man I love me some Skill Link. Meet the only Skill Link Bone Rush user ever! It has arms so Arm Thrust is reasonable and if you can't picture it using Rock Blast, imagine it using the bone as a bat to launch them. On a more serious note, I guess you can switch into a resisted Psychic move with Rattled as well because of the poor speed...(It fits flavor wise because it's traumatized from it's childhood experiences.) But I still like Skill Link better.

Emolga [Optimized]
Abilities:
Static/Unburden (Motor Drive)
Stats: 75 / 75 / 80 / 105 / 80 / 105 [BST: 520]
Added Moves: Stuff Cheeks (because of its Shield dex entry), Nasty Plot
Summary of Changes: +20 HP, Def, SpDef, + 30 SpA, +2 Speed
Description: You're probably wondering why it's such a (relatively) small stat boost. Emolga gets a fantastic gimmick new strategy in Unburden Stuff Cheeks, which solves two problems: it's not stellar speed (albeit on the faster side) and fairly frail bulk too (but also not terrible, barely). Since the SPA boost, while not small, doesn't help much, I'll also give it Nasty Plot, which allow it to run Stuff Cheeks Nasty Plot + two attacks as kind of a double dance set... kinda. If it runs a Petaya Berry it's basically a Tail Glow boost! (is this busted?)

Golduck [Optimized]
Abilities:
Technician/Serene Grace (Swift Swim)
Stats: 80 / 115 / 80 / 75 / 80 / 105 [BST: 540]
Added Moves: Heart Stamp
Summary of Changes: + 33 Attack, +2 defense, -20 SpA, +20 Speed
Description: You must be thinking these are nonsense abilities but Pokédex entries describe it as a skilled and graceful swimmer. You run either Technician Flip Turn/Heart Stamp or Serene Grace Scald/Heart Stamp I guess. Hope you like flinching :^)
If Heart Stamp is deemed anti-flavor I'll remove it though, on a more serious note. I don't think it is given it rescues people, and as such is "hearty". But what do I know?​

Last edited:
Ground
Marowak {Optimized}
New ability: Analytic
New moves: Revenge, Avalanche, Shadow Bone
+30 SpDef, +5 HP, -15 Spe, +10 Atk
Summary: Marowak is a bit less broken now but it can use its low speed to raise the power of its moves(if its slower than things)and even the speed drop is ultilizable to an extent and 0 IVs in Spe would make stuff outspeed it like crazy and Revenge and Avalanche have - priority and have the extra effect of DOUBLING POWER WHEN GOING LAST so the power can be at least 200 BP but the atk isnt broken and so physical walls are triumphant in some cases however ultilizing Shadow Bone's ability to LOWER DEFENSE can speak up to this(slowly of course)and with its decent other move coverage, even a multi-hit move, its a decent trump card to the metagame if you can live a hit by something and so this can be trumped over so looking further in, its decent but not terribly broken

Last edited:
yes
can we get viability rankings for these optimizations?

Emolga [Optimized]
Abilities: Motor Drive / Static
Stats: 80 / 65 / 80 / 117 / 80 / 123 (545 BST)
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Heat Wave,
Summary of Changes: +42 SpA, +20 Def and SpD, +20 Speed, +25 HP, -10 Attack
Outside of its blazing high speed, Emolga's stats were basically nonexistent, essentially overriding its otherwise good utility move pool and high speed. Now, this is not the case! 80 / 80 / 80 bulk is still average at best (*cough* Urushifu-Dark *cough*), but it's not too bad considering you have access to Roost. 117 attack is no slouch and although chances are you're likely not taking advantage of it too often unless you run Nasty Plot (yes I literally gave it Nasty Plot, please don't jump down my throat for this), and even then an NP set would not be that potent because *cough* Chansey *cough*. So you're likely still using Emolga for utility purposes, but an NP set is not impossible per se.​

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

Emolga [Optimized]
Abilities: Static / Oblivious (Volt Absorb)
Stats: 95 / 70 / 96 / 70 / 96 / 108 [535]
Added Moves: Haze, Reflect
Summary of Changes: Emolga had a bunch of support moves, so I figured I'd try to capitalize on that. Oblivious feels like it fits and helps it by making it immune to Taunt. Volt Absorb for the same flavour as Motor Drive but made best to fit in a support role. It already has Light Screen, so Reflect was given for it to have both screens, and there are quite a few Flying mons that naturally learn Haze, so I don't think it's too out there.

Emolga sets itself as a pretty interesting Support mon. It can spread Paralysis, set Screens, has both Volt Switch and U-Turn for you to use whichever you prefer, stops set-up with Encore (And status moves in general through Taunt), has access to Defog, heals through Roost and on top of that is a pretty excellent Electric / Flying type and can possibly also be immune to Electric. Emolga's downsides are partially 4MSS, since it can't fill in all the supporting moves it wants to use, but also has a downgrade in the sense that being weak to Rocks means that it's item option is almost always going to be limited to Boots, hindering its Screen Setting capabilities, disallowing it to use Leftovers for passive healing and makes it harder to use Rocky Helmet for passive damage. Lastly, Emolga's bulk, while impressive, is not impossible to break through, which helps balancing Emolga quite a bit.​

G-Luke

Ground
Marowak {Optimized}
New ability: Huge Power
New moves: Power Whip, Fire Lash
+30 SpDef, +5 HP, +5 Spe
Summary: Marowak has not TOO decent attack but its a physical attacker and i gave it Power Whip as coverage for water like Kyogre plus a bit more speed and its more bulky too. With having Earthquake, it doesnt need extra Ground moves. And last, Fire lash not only lowers defense but is neutral against Flying types and will always hit( assuming only rock coverage it has is stone edge) and it basically covers some stuff that ground cant muster.
This submission in its current state will not be put up for vote when the time comes, as it is simply too broken for the metagame. Either adjust the submission or forfeit its place.

yes
can we get viability rankings for these optimizations?
Before we can get viability rankings, we need to establish the meta, which means alot more playtesting. Luckily you can do that via challenging others on Showdown.

Ground/Fight
Marowak [Optimized]
Abilities
: Rock Head/Adaptability (Intimidate)
Stats: Unchanged
Added Moves: Close Combat Drain Punch, Body Press, Head Smash,
Description: Marowak always looked like he wanted to rip things apart and has Fighting type written all over it! So with a new typing and some new Fighting moves, this badboy can strike hard with his club. He's still super slow and locked to a Bone Club, but the added coverage is decently valuable and hopefully Adaptability alone puts it in a good, but not TOO good place. Its typing doesn't synergize too well though as most airborne enemies will give you trouble without the right coverage.

Electric/Flying
Emolga [Optimized]
Abilities:
No Guard/Oblivious (Volt Absorb)
Stats: 90/75/85/90/85/113 [538]
Added Moves: Hurricane, Calm Mind, Super Fang
Summary of Changes: +35 HP, +25 both Defenses, +15 SpAtk and +10 Speed
Description: A very straightforward pokemon. CM up and spam No Guard moves. You could also be a makeshift Zapdos using Volt Absorb instead of Pressure, but Zapdos has a respectable SpAtk from the get-go although Calm Mind is a great equalizer in this equation. Granted, Heatwave on Zappy is more impactful than U-Turn to avoid pivot blockers and Super Fang may dent resists, sure but not as much as 125 SpAtk Heatwave in the right situation.

Water/Psychic
Golduck [Optimized]
Abilities:
Drizzle/Cloud Nine (Psychic Surge)
Stats: 80/92/78/115/80/75 (520)
Added Moves: None
Summary of Changes: +10 Atk, +20 SpAtk, -10 Speed
Description: The ability to set either Psychic Terrain or Drizzle is a huge boon, and the ability to cancel other weathers is also insanely good. Other than its SpAtk, its stats are still incredibly average. It is by sheer ability gains alone that kappa here can claw his way to OU. Indeedee may seem outclassed fully but Indeedee has Expanding Force.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Exeggutor [Optimized]
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Harvest / Grassy Surge
Stats: 95/75/95/125/85/55
Added Moves: Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Earth Power, Healing Wish
Summary of Changes: -20 Atk, +10 Def, +10 SpD
description

Emolga [Optimized]
Abilities: Static / Volt Absorb / Aerilate
Stats: 75/95/80/95/80/113
Added Moves: Hyper Voice, Work Up, Reflect
Summary of Changes: +20 HP, +20 Atk, +20 Def, +20 SpA, +20 SpD, +10 Spe
description

Marowak [Optimized]
Abilities: Rock Head / Sand Rush / Sand Force
Stats: 60/80/110/50/80/55
Summary of Changes: +10 Spe
description

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)