Gen V Initial UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna try out physical Kyurem. Laugh if you want, but with the better steels in OU and Sun (and as such; Fire) looking to be a powerful presence in UU...

What exactly are you gonna switch in on those Outrages?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I've looked forward to UU for one reason. It's another Tier to use Aron in! ARON FTW!

Just for the record, I'm surprised it got over 1/2%

Edit: Number 214 MUST BE AN ERROR look at it and you will agree with me

Man, going on tilt is really harsh. I lost close to 100 points from like 3 matches :(

Has anybody tried using Heavy Sun? I'm interested in it, but I'd like to know if specializing is acceptable for this metagame.
Drought is definitely going to be overpowered I know UU has only just opened up but Victini is so obviously going to be the first potential suspect up for ban. The thing has absolutely no place in UU, just dabbling about I've already seen Victini in the sun near instant kill everything resisted or not. The thing is so fucking broken with V-Create its not even debateable, its a move that could easily get it into top OU combined with the Fusion Bolt update.

I wonder how viable Life Orb Duosion would be in a UU TR team... considerably less bulk than Reuniclus and misses out on Focus Blast (which may not matter since there's no Tyranitar) but still has that big 125 base SpA and Magic Guard.

Something along the lines of:
Duosion @ Life Orb
Quiet
252HP/6Def/252SpA
Psyshock/Psychic
Shadow Ball
HP Fighting/Fire
Trick Room/Energy Ball/Thunder

Last slot depends on if you need it to set up TR itself or not. Gonna give it a test run in a TR+Hail team and see how it goes.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
^Don't forget Duosion could run Evo Stone 252 HP / 252 Def to have an effective stat spread of 334 HP / 327 Def / 286 SpA / 234 SpD which isn't bad at all considering standard CM Reuniclus has 424 HP / 273 Def / 286 SpA / 206 SpD. You lose out on Life Orb/Leftovers and Focus Blast but it still seems as though it could be a threat.

aaaanyway, looks like I'm going to have to wait until NU comes along before I can make a reasonable Marowak team. There's some really good Pokemon in UU! I imagine the first stage will be very unsettled and will ultimately end with, at the very least, Vulpix being banished. I'm sure none of us will mind if weather as a whole is banned from UU but lets see what happens eh?

^Don't forget Duosion could run Evo Stone 252 HP / 252 Def to have an effective stat spread of 334 HP / 327 Def / 286 SpA / 234 SpD which isn't bad at all considering standard CM Reuniclus has 424 HP / 273 Def / 286 SpA / 206 SpD. You lose out on Life Orb/Leftovers and Focus Blast but it still seems as though it could be a threat.

aaaanyway, looks like I'm going to have to wait until NU comes along before I can make a reasonable Marowak team. There's some really good Pokemon in UU! I imagine the first stage will be very unsettled and will ultimately end with, at the very least, Vulpix being banished. I'm sure none of us will mind if weather as a whole is banned from UU but lets see what happens eh?
It's a shame that Duosion misses out on nearly 100 HP, but has kinda-similar SpA. I would've wanted more HP in exchange for less SpA.

I fought a Duosion in a UU match a few weeks ago (Went off of some other site's tiering), it completely swept me since I only had Nidoking, Cofagrigus and Vanilluxe left :L

Also I'm glad to see Jolteon in UU, even though it's usually really good.

This looks pretty fun. :D

Now, I'm terrible at pokemon but specially defensive Registeel has been working well for me so far. It can take a lot of punishment from all the psychics\Kyurems running around. I considered Cobalon at first but the extra defenses and psychic resistance really helps.

Victini is a motherfucker, especially CB varieties, so I opted for a Life Orb Lonely Houndoom with Flash Fire. It works surprisingly well versus a lot of things, and it completely shuts down Victinis. Pretty reliable revenge killer so far.

I use Crobat as a lead and it's working out.. decently, I suppose. It can deal deceptive amounts of damage and has access to U-Turn and Taunt which is nice.

I use Claydol to set up rocks and support my Houndoom\Victini with spin, and it's not bad at all. Not as good as it used to be back when I actually played in third gen, but it has a cool typing and decent bulk.

I use scarf Hera to clean. It's really good. Been seeing more toxic spikes lately, which he loves.

Biggest threat so far for me has been Azumarill I think, but that's my team's fault.

Really promising metagame and I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Things are hit hard enough by Azumarill in OU.

Azumarill in UU will be insane, and almost certainly the main revenge killer.

Anyway, I'll be testing out this hail-only metagame soon.

And yeah, Kyurem will not be lasting very long here. Abomasnow and Kyurem will be everywhere.

Blaziken, Breloom, and Victini

Blaziken should be OU or Uber because of protect speed boost. Breloom is something else to think about because now it's just a better bullet-punch scizor. It can get Technician through the dream world. It's the same thing, except it can learn spore, which makes it twice as annoying.

Blaziken should be OU or Uber because of protect speed boost. Breloom is something else to think about because now it's just a better bullet-punch scizor. It can get Technician through the dream world. It's the same thing, except it can learn spore, which makes it twice as annoying.
Blaziken is banned. It only has usage stats because people used it before the ban, which was in early April.

Technician Breloom isn't released yet.

Does this mean I can go to the 'Ask for Black and White Battles Here' forum and ask for UU battles? This seems way too broken at the moment; Mew (a former Uber) and Victini in UU? Oh well, it won't be long before this is fixed.

EDIT: Actually, screw fixing it, my Mew is getting fidgety.

Does this mean I can go to the 'Ask for Black and White Battles Here' forum and ask for UU battles? This seems way too broken at the moment; Mew (a former Uber) and Victini in UU? Oh well, it won't be long before this is fixed.

EDIT: Actually, screw fixing it, my Mew is getting fidgety.
Yes, I assume that you'd be able to.

I'm gonna try out physical Kyurem. Laugh if you want, but with the better steels in OU and Sun (and as such; Fire) looking to be a powerful presence in UU...

What exactly are you gonna switch in on those Outrages?
Cry and die. Seriously only legitimate counter to Kyurem off the top of my head is Escavalier and Cobalion.

Biggest threat so far for me has been Azumarill I think, but that's my team's fault.
Its not really you, Azumarill only missed the OU cutoff by like 2 places. To be honest I'm of opinion the OU cutoff is too small for such a bloated generation.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wouldn't say it has anything to do with the cutoff. The cutoff is a solid indication of what's actually being used. However it's not a good indication right now of what's actually good. Things like Mew and Celebi which are great in OU just aren't being used, while things like Swampert and Whimsicott which are pretty terrible are both being used enough to make OU. Hopefully that changes, but if it doesn't we'll just have to deal with it on our end by having a bigger BL than we did last gen when usage was more indicative of power.

Meh, I wanted to be the only Rain Tornadus user. Luckily, thanks to Solum's Core coming late, nobody has used Sigilyph the monster. Azumarill in UU? Still on my rain team :D

Oh my god, DURANT IN UU! YES!

I thoroughly agree on the usage not necessarily reflecting what is good as things change, anyone who has faced a Unaware Quagsire or a Moxie Honchkrow will probably be able to agree their placing would mislead you to how gamebreaking they can be. BL is there to give UU a way to maintain itself, just it'd just be more convenient if the obvious non-UU's got swept up into OU in the initial tiering.

I'm actually still trying to work out WHO the hell keeps using Swampert now you mention it. Any time I see those things crop up they turn into setup bait or instant kills in both my own matches and all the random matches I watch. Gonna disagree on you about Whimsicott though, that thing can end games early if you don't have a legitimate way of impeding it.

Kyurem does have a crippling ability.

His ice type.
That's his typing, not his ability. Your statement that Kyurem isn't broken in UU due to his Ice typing is not very accurate, seeing as there are alot of solid OU mons with an SR weakness (Mence and Gyara come to mind).

I get to use Weavile, Gallade, Staraptor, Mew, and Porygon Z in UU!! This is going to be pretty epic.

Kyurem is going to jizz on everything.

UU looks pretty fun! but I want to wait about a month and a half maybe two until everything get settled out, I'm excited to run Duosion though if it happens to become too stally! but I'm not too sure if he'll be bulky enough even with eviolite. Hopefully he'll be able to put a stop to things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)