Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
"10:20: From the same source, but currently without pictures so it's unconfirmed, Jangmo-o's evolution is in the magazine, and is Dragon/Fighting-type, and that Type: Null changes type based on items it holds, and that it evolves. We'll bring confirmation of this as and when it comes so keep checking back ." ~ Serebii.net

No image yet, but... yeah.

EDIT: Damnit DHR I was going to post that :Þ

DOUBLE EDIT: "Type: Null evolves into a Pokémon called Shiruvuadi (シルヴァディ)"

Last edited:
"Changing type based on held items"

Not surprising, but the Arceus connection grows...

"it evolves"

Say what!? I was not expecting it to evolve...

Edit: Apparently the Pokemon it evolves into is called Shiruvuadi (シルヴァディ)

Edit2: On Alolan Grimer's appearance:

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
My friend, the same person who discovered the Chinese leak, said that he remembers another set of Chinese leaks that got Alolan grimer and muk.
He can't find it and is now working on finding it.

So I really, really, REALLY hope that is talking about Multitype, so we pretty much have a Mini-Arceus to theorycraft for all the non-Uber metas. Either way, this is what i had hoped for and it is glorious.

Jangmo-o is Dragon/Fighting huh? I reckon most figured Dragon/Steel but this was probably a close second. Note that for VGC the ability to take Pixielate Hyper Voice depends on if Sylveon can get access to Hyper Voice... else it's most likely gonna be dodging Moonblasts.

Alola Grimer... unless either Alola Muk or Alola Persian aren't part Dark-type this throws off my math on the amount of new Dark-Types we are getting... unless Alola Forms aren't counted... 'cus the only other way would be if Litten3 isn't Fire/Dark...

Another Alolan that's Dark-type (Serebii says it's Poison/Dark)? Anyone else getting weird unfortunate implications from this?

Hmm, it's black with yellow drool(?), well if it wasn't for the yellow I'd say maybe has to do with oil. From what I can find, Hawaii has two sources of pollution: plastics and runoff.
Unfortunate implications like how lots of things outside of Kanto become dark? Or evil type in the original japanese?

nah you're imagining things

that's definitelly 'Oilmer' tought, wich kinda highlits one of the problems I have with alolan forms, they're basically split evolutions but without new names (yeah I know grimer/rattata/meowth/vulpix are base forms but in practice you'll mostly use its evolutions)

what the hell is sakoku?

Last edited:
Many Alolan formes are getting types rare or absent from original first gen. Dark, Steel, Fairy, Dragon, Ice, Ghost... That makes sense to me, and it's an interesting pattern. I'm guessing all these dark types are "Moon" counterparts, while some like A-Exeggutor are clearly Sun related. Actually this time maybe the connection with night time is pretty loose: dark/poison for Grimer is just perfect to represent oil pollution, and I really like the concept.
For Jangmo-o and Type:Null evos I'm really excited but I'll wait confirmations before commenting about them.

Last edited:
Jangmo-o has to have split evolution. Let's look at this logically how will a fighting type have the ability bulletproof without having armor, and if it is based of a monk like riddler said then it will probably lose its armor-like scales.

I also feel robbed of a Genji mon, but that is besides the point.

Very excited to see the pictures for those claims on serebii. Type: Null evolving is something I really wasn't expecting. It's kind of weird to me too that they revealed an evo for Jangomo-o so soon. But I'm not complaining.

I kind of feel bad for Dark type fans though. It seems Gamefreak is mainly going to give us new dark through Alolan forms.

Reactions: Mq
So, now Grimer is black and has a yellow "beard"? I guess that one was a lucky guess for the person that "leaked" that. Specially since they mentioned it was Ground-Type.

Jangmo-o turning into a Dragon/Fighting-type is pretty interesting. I didn't know about the monk leak until now so I can't imagine what it would look like.

Type: Null having an evolution that may or may not have Multitype (or a similar ability)... well, the only thing that comes to my mind is the "Epileptic Trees" trope. I just hope its not another gimmicky Pokémon that's only there to show a new mechanic or something.

Reactions: Mq
serebii said:
12:50: The same source says that Shiruvadi has got the ability "AR System" which changes its type based on the hold item.
This does not give me confidence that people won't just knock off the item, or that it will only be one or two types because it mostly runs choice or Life Orb... meaning the potential impact is lessened, imo. at least we can assume that it will change types to match plates so it can roleplay being Arceus.

Or they are giving it Multitype without calling it Multitype and the AR System either uses a new set of items that are similar to Plates or actually uses Plates.

Jangmo-o has to have split evolution. Let's look at this logically how will a fighting type have the ability bulletproof without having armor, and if it is based of a monk like riddler said then it will probably lose its armor-like scales.

I also feel robbed of a Genji mon, but that is besides the point.
Maybe it's one of those iron body monks of legend that use their ki and hardened muscles to deflect bullets? It's Soundproof that makes no sense on a Dragon/Fighting, so yeah, I think it may have a split evolution.

Dragon/Fighting Jangmo-o evo fits the description but I felt Dragon Steel would have worked too (and I sort of was hoping for it).
Dragon/Fighting is a new type combo though and is very welcome. For Grimer, Poison/Dark is a clear upgrade over pure Poison as someone else said.
Mini-Arceus Type: Null evo is the biggest news though. If it follows the trend of Normal types it will have an immense movepool with which to abuse the ability.
The other Pokemon that change some aspect of themselves based on held item also use dedicated items (Genesect and Arceus).
They also get a move which changes type based on the item (Technoblast and Judgment). I expect the same from Type: Null's evo.
"AR System" makes me wonder if there will be some gimmick involving the 3DS' "Augmented Reality" like Pokemon Dream Radar.
Perhaps you'll need to find the required items by playing an AR minigame. Just a STAB in the dark.

Wasn't expecting Dragon/Fighting Jangmo-o, but I'm okay with it. It's cool to see a completely new type combination.

So Alola Grimer is a thing, that's cool. Don't really have much of an opinion on it, though Poison/Dark is a good typing.

Type: Null likely gets Multitype as it's ability. Definitely wouldn't have expected it to evolve though, that's interesting. I wonder if we'll ever get to see it's evolution before the games come out, though I think it'd be more interesting if GF kept this one a secret.

Jangmo-o becoming a Dragon/Fighting is awesome.

x4: Fairy
x2: Dragon, Flying, Ice, Psychic
1/2: Bug, Dark, Electric, Fire, Grass, Rock, Water

I kinda like those type matchups. I like how with Soundproof, it can switch into Sylveon and not care. (Unless it's Specs and uses Psyshock. lol)
x4 Fairy, but probably inmune to Hyper Voice (M-Gard Hyper Voice), so there's that. Still weak to the type in general (Play Rough, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam in doubles, I supose). The Flying weakness is a bit unfortunate, but we don't know if flying offense is remaining the same in the next gen.

I think no one expected Type: Null to evolve, but I see the Dragon Fighting combination coming for Jangmo-o.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When I first saw Alolan Grimer I seriously thought it was last night's dinner that crawled out of the toilet, if you know what I mean. Like that legitimately sounds scary. Also Dragon/Fighting type hype.

Just checked Serebii for a new bit of info:

The same source also says that Jangmo-o's full evolution line is in CoroCoro. Its evolution is known in Japan as Jarango and Jarango then evoles into Jararango. Once again, this remains unconfirmed until images surface.

I don't think it's much of a surprise that Jangmo-o's line consists of 3 mons, but I just can't wait to finally see them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)