General Fighting Game Discussion

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
apex brawl finals were fucking hype tho
No more than the Melee ones. Both grand finals were really, really good. Probably because Brawl didn't come down to Meta Knight dittos and instead was won by the one character on the roster with any sort of hitstun. Melee's more interesting to watch by a longshot so I'm glad it's winning.

So in a crazy turn of events, Skullgirls community raised ~$13k last night. Current official standings are Skullgirls at $21,245.71 and Melee at $15,955.90.

Melee community is rallying to get another donation drive to overtake, Mike Z talking about some last minute raffles and donations they can possibly scrounge together a final push for Skullgirls.

It's pretty clear which one I want to win in the end but overall I'm pretty glad EVO did this, it turned out to be a great idea.

Also this: http://i.imgur.com/pAdZAln.png

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I don't think Melee is going to let themselves lose to SG.

It's nice that Mike Z got the VAs involved and shit and did all that stuff for the donators, but I really don't think they're gunna let themselves lose to a scene 100 times smaller than them just because they got dev support as incentive to donate.

SG doesn't seem to want to lose either, though.

Melee and SG will certainly reach $25,000 each fighting for this. I think it'll come down to which community can hit $30,000 first.

pookar

Banned deucer.
You attended pookar? So jealous, did you enter any fighting games or just Pokemon?
i entered smash singles, sf4, umvc3, but only played pokemon and street fighter. i beat marlinpie in sf4 pools by dq, then proceeded to lose 0-2 and then drop my 2nd game because pokemon was going on.

i chose to sleep through smash pools because pokemon lasted until 3am and didnt get back to my place until 5am (pools were at 10am)

but im trash at these games, the event was great though (sorry for delayed reply i dont check this thread lol)

EDIT: for the record, i do enjoy saying that i beat marlinpie, but i mightve enjoyed shaking his hand after he kicked my ass more (i will never know ;-;) I spent most of my time "stalking" f champ and watching him play marvel (whether it was in pools or just friendlies/mm)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Since I can actually play Persona 4 Arena, i'm going to go ahead and buy it.

I searched through this thread, and there wasn't much discussion on it (shame). I plan on maining LOW HEALTH, LOW DAMAGE (aka Captain Ressentiment himself).

P4A made it into EVO? Hell yes.

I used to play it quite a bit. Some of the game's mechanics are silly (two button DPs) but I really liked it overall. Just wish Atlus and ASW could work out something to get another patch going but there doesn't really seem to be any hope. Let's get ready for Mitsuru Chie grand finals at EVO, I guess!

Anyway, if you're on PS3, I'd be down to go a few sets!

Oh cool, I'm pretty sure I know some of you as smash players. It's Lime from BC.

I'm pretty sure I'm pretty bad at most fighting games, but dang it if I don't love 'em. It would help if I owned a PS3 though, then I could actually play BlazBlue, P4A, Skullgirls and others with some regularity.

Anybody had the chance to play Under Night In-Birth? I've played it a little in Kyoto. I still don't really get the mechanics, but its definitely fun.

At the earliest, E3, I would guess.

Also, Divekick looked really great this past weekend, so people should pick it up whenever it comes out and play with me.

yo, SKULLGIRLS. can this just be the skullgirls thread please

Updates for people who aren't HIP ENOUGH to pay attention:

- Five new DLC characters confirmed for future release: Squigly, Big Band, Robo-Fortune, and two additional vote-based characters.
- Story modes and stages for Squigly, Big Band, Robo-Fortune, and the first fanvote character.
- New Michiru Yamane tracks for all of those stages.
- Five alternative voice packs: "Republican Double," "Valley Girl Painwheel," "Saxploitation Big Band," "Salty Parasoul," and "Anime Peacock."
- 3 alternate announcers: Cristina Vee, "Drunk Commentator," and "Real Soviet Announcer."
- Mane6, developers of MLP:FiM, will get the Skullgirls engine to use for their new fighting game, for free.

These are the things that I've seen confirmed, but there's all sorts of crazy shit that might be happening too. Taunts, versus screens, and character graphics during superflashes are all things we've heard discussed. Also there's other confirmed stuff like eventual balance updates, PC version with lobbies, 360 patch, etc.

Things are going to get fucking crazy over the next year. DS4/SF42013/SSB4 hype is nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)