Ninjask@Life/toxic Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly/Hasty/Naive nature
- Protect
- substitute
- facade
- U-turn

This is where ninjask stops being an annoyance, and becomes a threat. Facade & U-Turn off of a +3 base 160 speed stat is nothing to laugh at, and being able to U-turn out whenever you want is pretty fantastic. What do you guys think of the set?
Toxic Orb isn't really good, as Ninjask doesn't get STAB on Facade nor Guts, and it gets worn down easily enough, as mentioned. The best set imo is Choice Scarf (1.5x speed boost which boosts Cute moves) with U-Turn/Bug Bite/Facade/Frustration to act as a fast revenge killer and possibly late game cleaner.

I noticed that you're lacking sets that utilize Cool moves. Let's fix that!

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD OR 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Vacuum Wave
- Bullet Seed/Focus Blast

Heracross is one of the high Atk that actually benefits from new moves! Vacuum Wave not only gives you STAB priority that hits on the special side, which compliments your high physical damage from Pin Missile and a great boosting move in Swords Dance. Despite its low power of 40 bp, Vacuum Wave really packs a punch, especially after a boost.

+2 252+ SpA Mega Heracross Vacuum Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 339-400 (98.5 - 116.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Just pair Heracross with something that can handle Flying types (Rock Blast no longer scales off of Atk) and you're good to go.

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Thunder Wave

Electivire is one of the few Electrics that can still function, as Volt Switch and Thunderbolt have become Cool and few Electrics have high Atk...except Electivire! Electric/Fighting is a fairly decent combo, and you provide Taunt/Twave support.

And here's a bonus Clever set!

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Secret Power
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

While no Fairy type moves scale off of SpD, Pixilate allows you to use Normal type moves for the same effect! Secret Power has a 30% chance to paralyze and despite the drop in power from Hyper Voice, your investment + naturally higher SpD will actually make it hit harder on standard cleric sets:

4 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 138-163 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpD Pixilate Sylveon Secret Power vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 163-193 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 33.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As a cleric, you also pair well with threats like Mega Aggron, who lacks recovery and struggles against Fighting types. Plus, the 30% chance to paralyze allows you to run Speed control for all the slow, bulky Pokemon that are good in GT (again, Mega Aggron).

Bug Buzz is more viable on Ninjask than Bug Bite, as it hits specially as well as having a higher BP.
You might also consider running Baton Pass/Protect to help out some other mons, whether they're Cute or not.
Sadly, bug buzz isn't cute, and so doesn't use your 160 speed.

Reactions: nv
There are two contest categories listed on that page. It's a cute move for "Super Contests," but a beautiful one in "Contest Spectaculars." Super Contests exist only in Gen IV, while Contest Spectaculars are those found in ORAS. GT uses the most current contest categorizations, so Bug Buzz is beautiful.

Edit: bp scrub what's with the Popplio

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Here's another interesting mon that uses its Cool stat:

Charizard @ Charizardite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Focus Blast

DD boosts its Atk stat and thus all its Cool moves while also making it faster. It has perfect neutral coverage outside of Azumarill/MAlt and can hit on both defenses. Unfortunately can't break MegaBro and MAlt still beats it and those are big threats in this meta but it might be somewhat viable. It does beat Quag now tho!

252+ SpA Mega Charizard X Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 203-239 (51.5 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Why is nobody looking at some of the faster mons? Take ninjask for example,

Ninjask@Life/toxic Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly/Hasty/Naive nature
- Protect
- substitute
- facade
- U-turn

This is where ninjask stops being an annoyance, and becomes a threat. Facade & U-Turn off of a +3 base 160 speed stat is nothing to laugh at, and being able to U-turn out whenever you want is pretty fantastic. What do you guys think of the set?
This is pretty fast too
Cinccino @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
-???

One of Cinccino's biggest weaknesses has been a lack of oomph behind its STAB, skill link tail slap. Now it can use its speed increased by scarf (for a respectable 541 total) to put out some solid dents. U-turn also uses speed and can be useful if you can predict you will need to switch out. Grass knot can hurt physical walls and the last move is up to personal preference.

I can see clefable and sigilyph rising as the new shuckles here

Last edited by a moderator:
I can honestly see Regen Slowbro having a place here, at least among the Toughness and Beauty groups.
Nuke (Slowbro) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Nuke (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature / Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

What do you all think? Where could I do better for my Slowbro set?

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Drain Punch
- Iron Defense

I prefer this set from the OP. Personally, I think normal Slowbro is totally outclassed by its Mega in GT? because of the massive +70 Defense boost for Tough moves (aka Scald). Just stay in normal form until it's time to setup and you can still make use of Regenerator, then when you have a chance to use Iron Defense, you get a substantial power and bulk increase.

So excited this is OMotM! I'm going to make a team centered around Ninjask and see how good it can be.

Also, has anyone looked at Electrode? It's insanely fast as well, but what moves does it have to abuse that stat?

So excited this is OMotM! I'm going to make a team centered around Ninjask and see how good it can be.

Also, has anyone looked at Electrode? It's insanely fast as well, but what moves does it have to abuse that stat?
Not much sadly. The only damage dealing Cute moves it gets are Rollout, Return, Frustration, Facade and Snore.

Mega Metagross seems like it would be a good Pokémon in this meta, as it learns a lot of Tough and Cool moves which come of its highest stats.

Last edited:

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Will-O-Wisp is also a really solid choice, probably better than in standards because there, toxic is much better to use on stally mons while here, burning defensive mons is much more helpful because it also halves the power of many of their attacks.

Interesting set, tbh. I'd thought of using it before but never got to it, however there's a lot of factors that make ninjask kind of unreliable, like its 4x weakness to SR taking it down to half, and combine that with Sub and Toxic and Ninjask lasts for only a couple turns, and it can only switch in twice on rocks. Second, a steel type like Skarm or MAggron can just use this mon to setup since you can't really do anything to it.
that's why you u-turn out

Anyone else looking at Heatran to be great in this OM? Most of it's attacks are in the Beautiful category (which is SpA converted) like: Earth Power, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, and I think Flash Cannon too? It's defenses are above average, so it could use some more Clever moves, but Lava Plume is good for Tough moves. On top of that, Using it in a core with a physical defensive mon is Spectacular, for example: M-Slowbro, M-Scizor, M-Aggron, Avalugg, Steelix (and Mega form, but I don't think that Mega Steelix is worth a Mega), and etc.
Honestly, Heatran is the best tank for SpA mons in OU that is regularly seen for me, and I think that it'll be a great mon in this OM.

How does burn work???

Does burn simply cut attack, or all physical attacks even tho they're not coming from the attack stat???

Not much sadly. The only damage dealing Cute moves it gets are Rollout, Return, Frustration, Facade and Snore.

Mega Metagross seems like it would be a good Pokémon in this meta, as it learns a lot of Tough and Cool moves which come of its highest stats.
tough is deceptive!!!!

You go way further being specially defensive and clever/ defensive and tough or cute and fast!!!

boosts two stats at once, but ofv you gotta admit metagross mega has huge stats all over the place, and is going to be great here too. (has gr8 stats all around!)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gottalent-380697888

Bug report.

Unaware only ignores Attack and Defense for offensive calculations -if the attack if running off of Defense, Special Defense, or Speed, Unaware does nothing to protect the Pokemon. (Body Slam OHKOing Clefable from Mega Altaria shouldn't happen -Specially Defensive Clefable takes no more than about 80% from Return, and Body Slam is weaker. Ergo: the +3 is applying, as Mega Altaria's base Attack and base Defense are identical)

I do not believe this is intended behavior for Got Talent.

Tagging The Immortal.

Enjoying the meta so far, though.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gottalent-380697888

Bug report.

Unaware only ignores Attack and Defense for offensive calculations -if the attack if running off of Defense, Special Defense, or Speed, Unaware does nothing to protect the Pokemon. (Body Slam OHKOing Clefable from Mega Altaria shouldn't happen -Specially Defensive Clefable takes no more than about 80% from Return, and Body Slam is weaker. Ergo: the +3 is applying, as Mega Altaria's base Attack and base Defense are identical)

I do not believe this is intended behavior for Got Talent.

Tagging The Immortal.

Enjoying the meta so far, though.
Well, is it really a bug? Unaware's description is such: "This Pokemon ignores other Pokemon's Attack, Special Attack, and accuracy stat stages when taking damage, and ignores other Pokemon's Defense, Special Defense, and evasiveness stat stages when dealing damage." So, Unaware doesn't ignore those boosts, according to mechanics. This OM changes move categories; other mechanics (should) remain intact.

Tagging mechanic expert Marty.

Anyone else looking at Heatran to be great in this OM? Most of it's attacks are in the Beautiful category (which is SpA converted) like: Earth Power, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, and I think Flash Cannon too? It's defenses are above average, so it could use some more Clever moves, but Lava Plume is good for Tough moves. On top of that, Using it in a core with a physical defensive mon is Spectacular, for example: M-Slowbro, M-Scizor, M-Aggron, Avalugg, Steelix (and Mega form, but I don't think that Mega Steelix is worth a Mega), and etc.
Honestly, Heatran is the best tank for SpA mons in OU that is regularly seen for me, and I think that it'll be a great mon in this OM.
I've actually been using Scarf Heatran to fantastic effect. It can switch in on +3 Body Slam and has a decent chance to OHKO with Flash Cannon. It also doesn't give a damn about Ninjask unless it's been on the field for several turns, and it threatens every Tough sweeper with its STABs.

Well, is it really a bug? Unaware's description is such: "This Pokemon ignores other Pokemon's Attack, Special Attack, and accuracy stat stages when taking damage, and ignores other Pokemon's Defense, Special Defense, and evasiveness stat stages when dealing damage." So, Unaware doesn't ignore those boosts, according to mechanics. This OM changes move categories; other mechanics (should) remain intact.

Tagging mechanic expert Marty.
While this may not be a bug, per sè, I should think this is unintended behavior. After all, that description is the one that Smogon has assigned it; in-game, it's description is merely: "Ignore the opposing Pokemon's stat changes." Now, it's a known mechanic that Unaware doesn't ignore speed changes for the purpose of determining turn order, but it should be able to ignore the stat changes of any attacking stat, not just two. And besides, Pokemon using Cool and Beautiful moves are already at a disadvantage; why should they be the only ones to be affected by Unaware?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)