Grass Arceus (Analysis)

Another Grass type analysis from yours truly. This time its the god of all grass types: Grass Arceus.

First time posting a skeleton analysis. So do mention any mistakes regarding the skeleton.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/arceus

GP checks: 2/2
Approval Stamps:3/3

Changes to consider:
-EDIT: Final opinion reached, JM is getting the slash.
====================

[Overview]

<p>The Creator dons a more soothing color when holding a Meadow Plate, and appears as though He's only the Master of zen and harmony. Don't be fooled by this welcoming appearance; the Mighty One is as quick to react to potential prey as the venus fly trap. Grass Arceus's Judgment crushes His behemoth children, Kyogre and Groudon, and He stands as sturdy as the statuesque sequoia. Grass Arceus may be green with envy of the defensive prowess of His other types, but He has a niche of resisting both Earthquake and Thunder. Quiver like a frail leaf in a mighty storm before the Master of the forest!</p>

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 2: Recover
move 3: Grass Knot / Judgment
move 4: Flamethrower / Earth Power / Ice Beam
item: Meadow Plate
nature: Timid
evs: 100 HP / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Due to Grass Arceus's great bulk, resistances to common attacks in Ubers, and great utility in Thunder Wave, it can pull off a defensive set with ease. Grass Arceus possesses the ability to beat many common threats in the Uber metagame, such as Kyogre, Groudon, and Palkia. The backbone of this set however, is Thunder Wave. Grass Arceus's Grass typing can easily scare off the Ground-types that could otherwise absorb the incoming Thunder Wave. As a result, Thunder Wave is unrestricted in a sense, which means that it can easily cripple powerful threats without fearing potential Ground-type switch-ins. Arceus can also utilize its great bulk with Recover.</p>

<p>Grass Knot is preferred over Judgment for the ability to hit some of the more common Uber threats harder due to their general heavy stature. For example, with Judgement, Grass Arceus is unable to grab the guaranteed 2HKO on most Palkia that's provided by Grass Knot. Grass Knot also has higher PP than Judgment, which will often come in handy when so many threats have Pressure for an ability. The choice in the last slot depends on what you want to hit harder. Flamethrower helps to deal with Scizor and prevents Forretress from setting up Spikes, while Earth Power hits Heatran and Fire Arceus. Ice Beam hits Rayquaza and provides Arceus a way to damage Flying Arceus; both of the listed Pokemon are unable to come in on a Thunder Wave. A Bold nature can also be considered in lieu of Timid, since Thunder Wave allows Grass Arceus to outspeed most threats anyway.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Considering Grass Arceus's weakness to Fire-type attacks and inability to hit Steel-types (if you don't have Flamethrower), Kyogre makes an excellent partner for it. Kyogre has excellent synergy with Arceus, and can clean up the majority of its counters, such as Ho-Oh and most Steel-types. Scizor and Jirachi are also good partners to Arceus, as they are great counters against Blissey and Shaymin-S who would otherwise either cripple Arceus with a status ailment or, in Shaymin-S's case, KO Grass Arceus with Air Slash.</p>

<p>Ho-Oh is arguably this set's biggest fear, as it doesn't mind Thunder Wave, easily walls most of its attacks, and can heavily damage Arceus with a Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Fire or Flying Arceus can also set up Calm Minds on Grass Arceus and threaten it with their respective Judgment; although, they risk being crippled by Thunder Wave. Defensive variants of Heatran don't really mind Thunder Wave, and can wall most of its attacks bar Earth Power with relative ease. Should you run Earth Power in the last slot, Pokemon such as Forretress and Skarmory can rack up multiple layers of Spikes on Grass Arceus without minding the paralysis from Thunder Wave. Scizor can also take advantage of the absence of Flamethrower and KO Grass Arceus with U-turn.</p>

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 3: Judgment
move 4: Ice Beam / Earth Power / Flamethrower
evs:100 HP / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Grass Arceus works best as a defensive supporter, it is no slouch offensively. With its impressive bulk and pure Grass typing, Grass Arceus has the ability to rack up a few Calm Minds before securing a sweep. Additionally, its immunity to Trick means that it won't need to worry about being crippled for the rest of the match with a Choice item. Grass Arceus's typing isn't especially impressive offensively, particularly with the large number of Steel- and Dragon-types in the Uber metagame. However, Grass-type Judgment beats both Kyogre and Groudon at once, and allows Arceus to free up a moveslot.</p>

<p>Since beating Wobbuffet is much more important for Grass Arceus with Calm Mind, Judgment is usually the preferred option over Grass Knot. The choice of move in the last slot generally depends on which Pokemon are more important to hit. Ice Beam allows Arceus to hit Dragon-types who would otherwise force Arceus out, such as Rayquaza, Latias, and Latios, although hitting Latias and Latios is fairly less significant, since Grass Arceus will usually lose to them anyway. Earth Power hits Heatran and Fire Arceus, and Flamethrower hits Scizor and Forretress. Alternatively, Grass Arceus can utilize Thunder to kill Ho-Oh and deal considerable damage against most Steel-types.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Kyogre works well as a teammate since it gets rid of Grass Arceus's main counters and complements it well in terms of synergy. Additionally, Pokemon such as Jirachi and Scizor help greatly against Latias and Latios and help eliminate Blissey and Shaymin-S; any of these Pokemon otherwise have a field day with Grass Arceus. Choice Scarf Palkia and Dialga are also good alternatives to revenge kill Latias and Latios; the former also drowns Steel-types with Surf.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Most of Grass Arceus's main options have already been listed. Thunder is a usable option to hit Ho-Oh, Grass Arceus's biggest fear. It also deals decent damage against most Steel-types and severely damages Flying Arceus. A mono-attacking Calm Mind set is plausible due to the fact that Arceus can create 101 HP substitutes, but it is generally not recommended; this is better off left to other Arceus types due to the mediocre coverage of Grass-type Judgment.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Ho-Oh is arguably Grass Arceus's biggest counter, as it can take the majority of its hits and threaten it with either Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Fire or Flying Arceus can also come in and set up multiple Calm Minds in Grass Arceus's face, although they have to watch out for Earth Power and Ice Beam, respectively. Scizor can come in on any set lacking Flamethrower and U-turn out, hitting for super effective damage. Skarmory and Forretress also laugh in the face of Grass Arceus who lack Flamethrower, and can dole out Spikes as it struggles to deal any damage. Blissey fairs well against most sets, and can cripple Grass Arceus with Thunder Wave or Toxic, and repeatedly use Seismic Toss to wear Arceus down. Giratina can do well against variants not packing Ice Beam, and can either set up Calm Minds or Roar it out. Shaymin-S has trouble switching in on Thunder Wave and Ice Beams, but if it manages to switch in safely, can kill Grass Arceus with repeated Air Slashes. Latias and Latios dislike coming in on a Thunder Wave from Support Grass Arceus, but can come in on anything Calm Mind Grass Arceus can throw at it, and threaten to set up a sweep with their own Calm Mind.</p>

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Spacial Rend should probably be a slash on the CMer since letting Rayquaza set up on you for free is very bad. Ice Beam should also be a slash on the Support set for the same reason.

Otherwise it looks good. Just stop misspelling Kyogre. :D

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I disagree with Fireburn. Spacial Rend should not be used over Ice Beam. Judgment itself already does a high amount of damage to Palkia, and Ice Beam is generally more useful against the other Dragons (and is 100% accurate too!)

Roar might be worth a mention on the support set as most Ogre and groudon will switch out of you, so with some hazards roar can really stack damage. Seeing as how skarmory and scizor are big problems for this set, Magnezone could prove a worthwhile partner. (Between scarf ogre and zone, all of the support sets listed counters counters bar blissey can be taken care of in theory).

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Grass Knot should get slash on the CM set, since the only thing that you really don't want Grass Knot for is Manaphy, and they are 1) Rare 2) Rarer with CM Water Arceus running around (Although not outclassed) and 3) Grass Knot hits pretty much everything else for more and has more PP. However, I do think Judgement should still be the first option though.

Skymin should be mentioned as a check on all sets because STAB super effective air slash will be doing a lot of damage on top of the flinch rate.

Added Lugia as a counter and Skymin as a check for the Calm Minder, I'm still reaching my final decisions of putting it as a check on the Support set for the same reason why I didn't list Lati@s: It really hates a potential Thunder Wave.

@shrang: I really don't like Grass Knot as a slash in over Judgement since:

a) Its damage output isn't really anything different in comparision to GK after a single Calm Mind.

b) Grass Knot's Output is pretty "meh" against most of the lighter ubers. Including Mew, Manaphy, and more importantly: Wobbuffet. Hell you can't even manage a Guaranteed 2HKO on Darkrai whilst Judgement has a good change to OHKO with SR down.

That said, thank you everyone!

Added Lugia as a counter and Skymin as a check for the Calm Minder, I'm still reaching my final decisions of putting it as a check on the Support set for the same reason why I didn't list Lati@s: It really hates a potential Thunder Wave.
I think that the support set fears skymin more than the CM set because it will not have the potential protection of a CM or two to help it survive. Skymin may have a hard time getting safely (though it can come in on 3/4 moves if you are running earth power, and 2/4 if not), but if it does, arceus is in trouble. It definitely needs to be mentioned as a check.

GK over judgement as it does more damage to popular ubers such as kyogre and has more PP. Only Wobbuffet, Manaphy and Mew are going to be affected by judgement and they are uncommon.

Finally decided to add skymin as a check for Support Grass Farceus.

@calze6: Perhapes I should repeat what I said with shrang...
@shrang: I really don't like Grass Knot as a slash in over Judgement since:

a) Its damage output isn't really anything different in comparision to GK after a single Calm Mind.

b) Grass Knot's Output is pretty "meh" against most of the lighter ubers. Including Mew, Manaphy, and more importantly: Wobbuffet. Hell you can't even manage a Guaranteed 2HKO on Darkrai whilst Judgement has a good change to OHKO with SR down.
Also fyi, Wobbuffet is not uncommon and is a pretty important mon to beat in the case of CM Grassceus.

I agree with judgment over grass knot because after a CM it destroys groudon, most kyogre (Max HP will survive 75.7 -89.6%), and 2hko's palkia. The only real reason to use grass knot is to beat bulky kyogre after SR, but slow bulky variants will likely not be trying to revenge a grass type with boosted attacks. Also, it is important to note than judgment will 2HKO wobbs after 2 calm minds (May still survive with leftovers depending on the damage roll I think) while you will need to be at plus 5 to get a guaranteed 2HKO with grass knot. Judgment is the better option by far.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Yeah I love Grass Arceus! You might want to mention that in the Rain, Grass Arceus is one of the closest things to a Palkia counter.

Shouldn't you mention Fire and Flying Arceus as a counter? Assuming you lack the uncommon Earth Power and Ice Beam respectively.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

Likely the most annoying Arceus (support), as far as annoyance goes.

(I approve of both sets)

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I'm going to be blunt, the grammar and prose is pretty lacking. I had just done an entire proofread, but I clicked the fucking back button by accident -.-. I really suggest running this through spellcheck, and giving it a proofread of your own, as a lot of errors can be caught. You also tended to be random with capitalization; all names of Pokemon (as well as the word Pokemon), moves, and items are always capitalized. I may attempt to do another proofread later, but it took me like 2 hours for that one, and I have a lot of homework. In my proofread, I also noticed a lot of sentences that could be easily combined, like "Ho-Oh is arguably this set's biggest fear. As it doesn't mind Thunder Wave". I'm on IRC if you would like to contact me for any of this, and sorry if I come off as too rude.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, time to go to the rescue. I'll check this just so the GP guys have an easier time with this (Firecape :[)

Changes in Green
Deletions in Red
Comments in Blue

[Overview]
<p>Being the creator of the gardens of Earth, the mighty Grass-type Arceus has the ability to kill Groudon and Kyogre with one leaf (I don’t know about “one leaf.”…). In addition of eliminating some of the most common revenge killers in the Uber tier, such as Palkia and Garchomp, Grass Arceus' pure Grass-typing gives it resists to some of the most common attacks in Ubers, including the consistently-used Thunder. The convenient typing combined with its bulk and decent offenses leaves Grass Arceus to be feared among pokemon trainers composes such a formidable threat anyone should have a plan for. So do not dare threaten the mighty Grass Arceus and its magical gardens, or life for you will be oh so ever annoying and dreadful. (Okay, no offense, but there’s just…something…that makes me roll my eyes here. You just skipped from a decently written analysis to a Bible scripture.)</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Arceus' great bulk, resistances to some common attacks in Ubers, and more importantly; The fact Thunder Wave is ridiculously spammable, excellent utility in the form of Thunder Wave, Grass Arceus can pull off a defensive set with ease. Grass Arceus dis most notable for possessing the ability to defeat common threats in Ubers, including but not limited to Kyogre, Groudon, and Palkia. The backbone of this set, however, is Thunder Wave. Its Grass-typing (Oh, uh, you should mention STAB, too) can easily scare off the Ground-types that can absorb the incoming Thunder Wave. As a result, Thunder Wave is nearly unresisted, meaning that it can easily cripple powerful uber threats without the fear of risking a potential Ground-type switch-in. Arceus can also utilize its great bulk with Recover if his health is low.</p>

<p>Grass Knot is preferred over Judgment for the ability to hit some of the more common uber threats harder. However, it is important to note that the damage output between Grass Knot and Judgment is few and far between, since Judgment hits the same targets for similar results. Foregoing with Judgment may however lose some certain 2HKOs that Grass Knot brings into the table delivers. For example, Arceus is unable to grab a guaranteed 2HKO on most Palkia should he choose Judgement. The choice in the last slot depends on what Arceus needs to hit specifically. Flamethrower easily eliminates Scizor and most importantly Forretress to prevent him from setting up on Arceus. Earth Power hits the moderately common Heatran and Fire-type Arceus, while Ice Beam kills Rayquaza and provides Arceus a way to damage Flying-type Arceus. All of the listed Pokemon are unable to come in on a Thunder Wave, though. A Bold nature can also be considered, since Grass Arceus won't usually mind speed when it can use Thunder Wave.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p> Considering Arceus' weakness to the Fire-type and vulnerability to Steel-types depending on what it runs for the last slot, Grass-type Arceus appreciates support from Kyogre. They have excellent (Offensive, defensive?) synergy together, and Kyogre can clean off the majority of Arceus' counters, including Ho-Oh and most Steel-types. Scizor and Jirachi also makes great counters against Blissey and Shaymin-S who would otherwise either cripple Arceus with a status ailment or, in Shaymin-S’s case, threaten to kill with Air Slash.</p>

<p> Ho-Oh is arguably this set's biggest fear, as it doesn't mind Thunder Wave, easily walls most of its attacks, and can follow up with a Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Fire or Flying Arceus can also set up Calm Minds on this Arceus and threaten it with a Judgment, although they'll risk being crippled by Thunder Wave. Defensive variants of Heatran do not really mind Thunder Wave, and can wall most of its attacks bar Earth Power with relative ease. Should you run Earth Power on the last slot, Pokemon like Forretress and Skarmory can rack up multiple layers of spikes on Grass Arceus, and both do not mind Thunder Wave either. Scizor is in a similar vein to the former two except that it can challenge Grass Arceus with U-turn.</p>

[SET]
item:Meadow Plate

[SET COMMETS]

<p>While Grass Arceus works best at a more defensive standpoint, it is no slouch offensively. With its impressive bulk and pure Grass-typing, it has the ability to rack up a few Calm Minds before securing a sweep. Additionally, its immunity to Trick means that it doesn't have to worry about being crippled for the rest of the match. Grass Arceus' Grass-type Judgement isn't especially impressive offensively, particularly with the large number of Steel and Dragon-types in the Uber metagame. However beating both Kyorge and Groudon with only Judgment is a given, allowing Grass Arceus to free up a slot for its other notable threats.</p>

<p>Since beating Wobbuffet is much more important in the case of offensive Grass Arceus, Judgment is usually the preferred option over Grass Knot, especially when the damage output between Grass Knot and Judgement is irrelevant after one Calm Mind. Like with the last set, the choice in the last slot generally depends on which is more relevant to hit. Ice Beam allows Arceus to hit the Dragon-types who would otherwise force Arceus out, and is a mean of hitting Lati@s. Although hitting Latios and Latias is fairly less significant since Grass Arceus will usually lose anyway. Earth Power hits Heatran and Fire Arceus, whilst Flamethrower eliminates Scizor and Forretress. Alternatively, Grass Arceus can utilize Thunder to kill Ho-Oh and deals considerable damage against most Steel-types </p>

[Additional Comments]

<p> Again, Kyogre works well as a teammate since it gets rid of Arceus’ main counters, and also complements with Grass Arceus well in terms of defensive synergy. Additionally, Pokemon such as Jirachi or Scizor helps greatly against Lati@s, in addition to checking Blissey and Shaymin-S, both who would otherwise have a field day with Grass Arceus. Choice Scarf Palkia or Dialga are also good alternatives to revenge kill Latias and Latios. With , the former also threatening Steel-types with Fire Blast and Surf. </p>

<p>Much of the same counters on the Support set persist here. Since Grass Arceus now lacks Thunder Wave to cripple them, Lati@s can come in and set up Calm Minds alongside Arceus. Altering with Recover and Calm Mind to ultametively secure a sweep of their own, killing Grass Arceus with a boosted Dragon Pulse in the process. (Common sense and fluff) Furthermore, Grass Arceus is unable to do much damage back if Lati@s conjures too many Calm Mind boosts. Even , even with Ice Beam. Assuming Grass Arceus hasn't gotten up multiple Calm Minds, Shaymin-S works (…how?). However, it has to be wary of Flamethrower or Ice Beam.</p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p> More often than not, Kyogre is usually its preferred teammate for Grass Arceus in general. Not only does Kyogre threaten the Steel and Fire-types whom would otherwise wall Arceus, its eternal rain rids the Fire-type weakness. Do note that Flamethrower on Arceus is not recommended when using Kyogre; because Kyogre already checks Scizor and Forretress, and Flamethrower's use is pointless to an extent. Also do note that using sunlight alongside Grass Arceus is not recommended regardless of the boost in Flamethrower, as it only makes it relatively easier for Pokemon such as Heatran to kill you. Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Palkia can cover up Grass Arceus' weaknesses. In addition, it can also revenge kill Latias and Latios, both who are pests in the Calm Minder. Scizor and Jirachi also make great Shaymin-S and Blissey counters due to their ability to switch in on the majority of their attacks and threaten both of them with U-Turn, or in Jirachi's case, Iron Head.</p>

[OPTIONAL CHANGES]

<p> Most of Grass Arceus' main options have already been listed. Thunder is a usable option to hit Ho-Oh, Grass Arceus' biggest fear. It also manages decent damage against Steel-types and severely damages Flying Arceus to boot. A mono attacking Calm Mind set is plausible, since Arceus does have the ability to create 101 HP substitutes, meaning that Blissey will tend to have a harder time to wall it. However, Grass' mediocre coverage means that pokemon such as Rayquaza and Dialga will have an easier time setting up on this Arceus. In addition, Arceus is now laughably powerless against Steel-types in which pokemon such as Skarmory and Forretress certain ones can easily set up and wall it. Or pokemon such as Jirachi or Scizor can just flat out wall you. (Alright, man. We get it)</p>

[COUNTERS]

<p> Ho-Oh is arguably Grass Arceus’ biggest counter, since it can take the majority of its attacks and threaten it with Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Fire or Flying Arceus can also come in and set up multiple Calm Minds, although they do have to watch out for Earth Power or Ice Beam respectively. Scizor can come in on any set lacking Flamethrower and U-turn out. Skarmory and Forretress are in a similar vein, except instead, they take their time to set up multiple entry hazards rather than threatening Arceus. Blissey walls most sets, can cripple Grass Arceus with Thunder Wave or Toxic, and repeatedly use Semestic Toss to wear Arceus down. Giratina can do well against most variants packing Ice Beam, and can either set up Calm Minds or Roar it out. Shaymin-S has trouble switching in on Thunder Wave or Ice Beams, but once in, it can threaten Grass Arceus with repeated Air Slashes. Lati@s, too, cannot come in on Thunder Wave, but can come in on anything else Calm Mind Grass Arceus can throw at it, and threaten to set up a sweep with Calm Mind. </p>

And for Mod's sake, PLEASE spell Blissey and Kyogre correctly.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a note Latios and Latias should be used over Lati@s, as it looks better and more professional.

Next time you make an analysis, make sure to proofread it to make sure you get rid of obvious mistakes. There are sentence fragments and mistakes with letter casing out the wazoo. Also, you somehow misspelled BLISSEY every single time on this analysis. It is B-L-I-S-S-E-Y. Not B-I-L-S-S-E-Y (I loled at that when editing). You also misspelled some moves as well. Your overview also prioritizes flavour over prose. Its not our job to proofread this for you; its our job to polish grammar mistakes that may be hard to spot by the untrained eye and fix awkward wording. I felt like I was editing a college essay done by a 3rd grader to be frank. PM me when you make the edits so i can stamp this (I expect you to do all of them since most of them are grammatically necessary).

I suggest you read this before posting another analysis in the future.

Additions are in Blue
Deletions are in Red
Letter casing corrections are in Underlined Blue

GP CHECK 1/2

Another Grass type analysis from yours truly. This time its the god of all grass types: Grass Arceus.

First time posting a skeleton analysis. So do mention any mistakes regarding the skeleton.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/arceus

Changes to consider:
-EDIT: Final opinion reached, JM is getting the slash.
====================

[Overview]
<p>Being the creator of the gardens of earth, the mighty Grass Arceus has the ability to kill Groudon and Kyogre with one leaf.{This topic sentence has nothing to do with the rest of the paragraph; either change it or remove it} In addition of to eliminating some of the most common revenge killers in the uber tier, such as Palkia and Garchomp., Grass Arceus's pure Grass-Typing gives it resists resistances to some of the most common attacks in Ubers, including the consistinly commonly used Thunder. This, combined with its bulk and decent offenses, composes such forms a formidable threat that anyone any team should have a plan for. So do not dare threaten the mighty Grass Arceus and its magical gardens, or life for you will be it will make your life oh so ever annoying and dreadful. {another random flavour sentence; either reword it to fit the paragraph, or remove it}</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> With Due to Grass Arceus's {All Pokemon need apostrophe 's' no matter what even if it ends in an 's'--see the grammar standards thread for details}great bulk, resistances to some common attacks in Ubers, and more importantly; The fact Thunder Wave is ridiculously spammable great utility in Thunder Wave, Grass Arceus it can pull off a defensive set with ease. Grass Arceus is notable to possesses the ability to beat many common threats in the uber metagame. This includes but is not limited to , such as Kyogre, Groudon, and Palkia. The backbone of this set, however, is Thunder Wave. Its Grass Arceus's grass typing can easily scare off the ground types that can could otherwise absorb the incoming Thunder Wave. As a result, Thunder Wave is literally unresisted unrestricted in a sense., which Meaning means that it can easily cripple powerful uber threats without the fear of risking a fearing potential ground switch-ins. Arceus can also utilize its great bulk with Recover.</p>

<p> Grass Knot is preferred over Judgment for the ability to hit some of the more common uber threats harder due to their general heavy nature. However, it is important to note that the damage output between Grass Knot and Grass-type Judgment is few and far between, since Judgment hits some of the same targets that Grass Knot hits with similar results. Foregoing Replacing Grass Knot with Judgment may however lose some certain 2HKOs that Grass Knot brings into the table, though. For example, You with Judgement, Grass Arceus are is unable to grab a the guaranteed 2HKO on most Palkia that's provided by Grass Knot. The choice in the last slot depends on what you want to hit more harder. Flamethrower helps against to deal with Scizor and prevents Forretress from racking up setting up Spikes on you easily.and Earth Power hits the semi-common Heatran and Fire Arceus. Whilst Ice Beam kills hits Rayquaza and provides Arceus a way to damage Flying Arceus.; however both of the listed these Pokemon are unable to come in on a Thunder Wave, though. A Bold nature can also be considered in lieu of Timid, since Grass Arceus won't usually mind speed when it can Thunder Wave since Thunder Wave allows Arceus to outspeed most threats anyway.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p> Considering Arceus's weakness to Fire and vulnerability inability to hit Steel Types (depending on what you run at the last slot)., Kyogre makes for an excellent partner to it. Grass Arceus appreciates support from Kyorge. They Kyogre have has excellent synergy together with Arceus, and it can clean off the majority of Arceus' its counters., such as Including Ho-Oh and most steel types. Scizor and Jirachi are also good partners to Arceus also makes , as they are great counters against Bilssey Blissey and Shaymin-S who would otherwise either cripple Arceus with a status ailment or, in Shaymin-S's case, threaten Grass Arceus with Air Slash. </p>

<p> Ho-Oh is arguably this set's biggest fear, as it doesn't mind Thunder Wave, easily walls most of its attacks, and can follow up heavily damage Grass Arceus with a STAB Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Fire or Flying Arceus can also set up Calm Minds on Grass Arceus and threaten it with a their respective Judgments.; although, they'll risk being crippled by Thunder Wave. Defensive variants of Heatran doesn't don't really mind Thunder Wave, and can wall most of its attacks bar Earth Power with relative ease. Should you run Earth Power on in the last slot, Pokemon like ,such as Forretress and Skarmory, can rack up multiple layers of spikes on Grass Arceus without minding the paralysis from Thunder Wave., and doesn't mind Thunder Wave either. Scizor is in a similar vein to the former two except that it can kill Grass Arceus with U-turn. Scizor can also take advantage of the absence of Earth Power and KO Grass Arceus with U-turn.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMETS]

<p> While Grass Arceus works best at a more defensive standpoint as a defensive supporter, it is no slouch offensively. With its impressive bulk and pure grass typing, it Grass Arceus has the ability to rack up a few Calm Minds before securing a sweep. Additionally its immunity to trick means that it doesn't have wont need to worry about being crippled with a Choice item for the rest of the match. Grass Arceus's grass typing isn't especially impressive offensively., particularly with the large number of steels and dragons in the uber metagame. However, Grass-type Judgment beats both Kyogre and Groudon at once, and allows Arceus to free up a slot. beating both Kyorge and Groudon with only Judgment is a given This alone warrants its use. Allowing Grass Arceus to free up a slot for its other notable threats </p>

<p> Since beating Wobbuffet is much more important in the case of offensive for Grass Arceus to deal with, Judgment is usually the preferred option over Grass Knot. Not to mention the damage output different is irreverent after a Calm Mind. Like with the last set, The choice of move in the last slot generally depends on which Pokemon is are more relavent important to hit. Ice Beam allows Arceus to hit the dragons Dragon-types who would otherwise force Arceus out, such as Rayquaza, Latios, and Latias; and is a mean of hitting Latios and Latias. although hitting Latias and Latios is fairly less significant, since Grass Arceus will usually lose to them anyway. Earth Power hits Heatran and Fire Arceus, whilst and Flamethrower hits Scizor and Forretress. Alternatively, Grass Arceus can utilize Thunder to kill Ho-Oh and deals considerable damage against most steels </p>

[Additional Comments]

<p> Again, Kyorge works well as a teammate since it gets rid of its main counters, and also complements with Grass Arceus well in terms of synergy. Additionally, Pokemon, such as Jirachi or and Scizor, helps greatly against Latias and Latios. In addition of, while alsokilling Bilssey Blissey and Shaymin-S,; both who would any of these Pokemon otherwise have a field day with Grass Arceus. Choice Scarf Palkia or and Dialga are also good alternatives to revenge kill Latias and Latios. With The former also killing kills Steel-types with Surf. </p>

<p> Much of the same counters on the last set persists here. Since Grass Arceus now lacks Thunder Wave to cripple them, Latias and Latios can come in on this Grass Arceus and set up Calm Minds, negating Arceus's boosts and ultimately securing a sweep of its own, while shrugging off Grass Arceus's hits with Recover. Altering with Recover and Calm Mind to ultametively secure a sweep of their own, killing Grass Arceus with a boosted Dragon Pulse in the process. Furthermore, Grass Arceus is unable to do much damage back. Even with Ice Beam. Assuming Grass Arceus hasn't gotten up multiple Calm Minds, Shaymin-s works. However, It has to be wary of Flamethrower or Ice Beam. {Does Shaymin-S counter Arceus? I can't tell from how you worded this this.}</p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p> More often than not, Kyorge is usually its a preferred teammate for Grass Arceus. Not only does it gets rid of the Steel and Fire types whom would otherwise wall it, but its eternal raingets rid of its Grass Arceus's fire weakness. Do note that When using Kyogre, Flamethrower is not recommended in any slot in Arceus's moveset due to the fact that it is severely weakened by rain, which Kyogre provides; however, Kyogre usually deals with the Pokemon that Flamethrower is supposed to deal with anyway, so the loss is minimal. when using Kyorge. As Kyorge already gets rid of Scizor and Forretress, and Flamethrower's power is weakened to an extent. Also do note that using Sun alongside Grass Arceus is not recommended regardless of the boost in Flamethrower. As it only makes it relatively easier for pokemon such as Heatran to kill you. Groudon is generally a Pokemon you don't want alongside Grass Arceus due to its eternal sun, which compounds Arceus's fire weakness. Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Palkia can cover up Grass Arceus's weaknesses well. In addition to that, it can also revenge kill Latias and Latios, who both plague Arceus's Calm Mind set. both who are pests in the Calm Minder. Scizor or and Jirachi also make great Shaymin-s and Bilssey Blissey counters due for to their ability to switch in on the majority of its their attacks and threaten both of them with U-Turn, or in Jirachi's case, Iron Head. </p>

[OPTIONAL CHANGES]

<p> Most of Grass Arceus's main options have already been listed. Thunder is a usable option to hit Ho-Oh, who is Grass Arceus's biggest fear. It also manages deals decent damage against most Steel types and severely damages Flying Arceus to boot. A Mono-Attacking Calm-Minder is pausible plausible due to the fact that Arceus can create 101 HP substitutes, but it is generally not recommended; this is better off left to other Arceus formes due to the mediocre coverage of Grass-type Judgment. As Arceus does have the ability to create 101 HP substitutes. Meaning that Bilssey will tend to have a harder time to wall it. However, Grass' medicore means that pokemon such as Rayquaza and Dialga will have an easier time setting up on you. In addition you are now laughably powerless against Steels. In which pokemon such as Skarmory and Forretress can easily set up multiple layers of spikes. Or pokemon such as Jirachi or Scizor can just flat out wall you.{don't need to go in depth about a set that's not in the analysis} </p>

[COUNTERS]

<p> Ho-Oh is arguably Grass Arceus's biggest counter, as it can take the majority of its hits and threaten it with either Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Fire or Flying Arceus can also come in and set up multiple Calm Minds, although they do have to watch out for Earth Power or and Ice Beam respectively. Scizor can come in on any set lacking Flamethrower and U-turn out, hitting for super effective damage. Skarmory and Forretress is in a similar vein, except instead, they take their time to set up multiple layers of spikes rather than threatening it Skarmory and Forretress also laugh in the face of Arceus who lack Flamethrower, and can dole out Spikes as it struggles to deal any damage. Bilssey Blissey does fairs well against most sets, and can cripple Grass Arceus with Thunder Wave or Toxic, and repeatedly use Semestic Seismic Toss to wear Arceus down. Giratina can do well against most variants not packing Ice Beam, and can either set up Calm Minds or Roar it out. Shaymin-S has trouble switching in on Thunder Wave or and Ice Beams, but once in if it manages to switch in safely, it can kill Grass Arceus with repeated Air Slashes. Latias and Latios cannot come dislike coming in on a Thunder Wave from Support Grass Arceus, but it can come in on anything else Calm Mind Grass Arceus can throw at it, and threaten to set up a sweep with Calm Mind. </p>
Due to the fact that this Analysis was obviously not proofread by the original poster and is riddled with mistakes, I suggest a third GP check just to make sure the Analysis ends up as grammatically correct as possible.

Thank you for the proofread. I do have to admit that this analysis was heavily rushed and I didn't have time to even partially revise it. That said, revising and adding changes from fellow members will be my priority.

GP Check 2 / 2

[Overview]
<p> In addition to eliminating some of the most common revenge killers in the Uber tier, such as Palkia and Garchomp, Grass Arceus's pure Grass-Typing Grass typing gives it resistances to some of the most common attacks in Ubers, including the commonly used Thunder. This, combined with its bulk and decent offenses, forms such a formidable threat anyone should have a plan for decent offensive stats, poses a formidable threat everyone should have a plan for.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> Due to Grass Arceus's great bulk, resistances to common attacks in Ubers, and great utility in Thunder Wave, it can pull off a defensive set with ease. Grass Arceus possesses the ability to beat many common threats in the Uber metagame, such as Kyogre, Groudon, and Palkia. The backbone of this set however, is Thunder Wave. Grass Arceus's grass typing Grass typing can easily scare off the ground types Ground-types that could otherwise absorb the incoming Thunder Wave. As a result, Thunder Wave is unrestricted in a sense, which means that it can easily cripple powerful uber threats without fearing potential ground Ground-type switch-ins. Arceus can also utilize its great bulk with Recover.</p>

<p> Grass Knot is preferred over Judgment for the ability to hit some of the more common uber Uber threats harder due to their general heavy nature stature. However, it is important to note that Grass-Type Judgment is few and far between, since Judgment hits some of the same targets that Grass Knot with similar results. Replacing Grass Knot with Judgment may lose some certain 2HKOs that Grass Knot brings into the table, though. For example, with Judgement, Grass Arceus is unable to grab the guaranteed 2HKO on most Palkia that's provided by Grass Knot. Grass Knot also has higher PP than Judgment, which will often come in handy when so many threats have Pressure for an ability. The choice in the last slot depends on what you want to hit harder. Flamethrower helps to deal with Scizor and prevents Forretress from setting up up Spikes on you easily, while Earth Power hits Heatran and Fire Arceus. Ice Beam hits Rayquaza and provides Arceus a way to damage Flying Arceus. Both of the listed pokemon are unable to come in on a Thunder Wave. A Bold nature can also be considered in lieu of Timid, since Thunder Wave allows Grass Arceus to outspeed most threats anyway.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p> Considering Arceus's weakness to Fire-type attacks and inability to hit Steel Types Steel-types (depending on what you run at the last slot) , if you don't have Flamethrower. , (comma > period) Kyorge makes for an excellent partner to for it. Kyorge has excellent synergy with Arceus, and it can clean off the majority of its counters. , (comma > period) Such such as Ho-Oh and most steel types Steel-types. Scizor and Jirachi are also good partners to Arceus, as they are great counters against Blissey and Shaymin-S who would otherwise either cripple Arceus with a status ailment or, in Shaymin-S's case, threaten Grass Arceus with Air Slash. </p>

<p> Ho-Oh is arguably this set's biggest fear, as it doesn't mind Thunder Wave, easily walls most of its attacks, and can heavily damage Arceus with a Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Fire or Flying Arceus can also set up Calm Minds on Grass Arceus and threaten it with their respective Judgment; although, they'll they risk being crippled by Thunder Wave. Defensive variants of Heatran don't really mind Thunder Wave, and can wall most of its attacks bar Earth Power with relative ease. Should you run Earth Power in the last slot, Pokemon such as Forretress and Skarmory can rack up multiple layers of spikes Spikes on Grass Arceus without minding the Paralysis paralysis from Thunder Wave, . (period > comma) Scizor can also take advantage of the absence of Earth Power Flamethrower and KO Grass Arceus with U-turn.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMETS]

<p> While Grass Arceus works best as a defensive supporter, it is no slouch offensively. With its impressive bulk and pure grass typing Grass typing, Grass Arceus has the ability to rack up a few Calm Minds before securing a sweep. Additionally, (comma) its immunity to trick Trick means that it won't need to worry about being crippled for the rest of the match with a Choice item. Grass Arceus's grass typing Grass typing isn't especially impressive offensively, particularly with the large number of steels and dragons Steel- and Dragon-types in the uber Uber metagame. However, Grass-type Judgment beats both Kyogre and Groudon at once, and allows Arceus to free up a slot. </p>

<p> Since beating Wobbuffet is much more important for Grass Arceus with Calm Mind, Judgment is usually the preferred option over Grass Knot. The choice of move in the last slot generally depends on which pokemon Pokemon are more important to hit. Ice Beam allows Arceus to hit Dragon-types who would otherwise force Arceus out, Such such as Rayquaza, Latias, and Latios, although hitting Latias and Latios is fairly less significant, since Grass Arceus will usually lose to them anyway. Earth Power hits Heatran and Fire Arceus, and Flamethrower hits Scizor and Forretress. Alternatively, Grass Arceus can utilize Thunder to kill Ho-Oh and deal considerable damage against most steels Steel-types.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p> Kyorge works well as a teammate since it gets rid of its main counters and complements Grass Arceus well in terms of synergy. Additionally, Pokemon such as Jirachi and Scizor, (no comma) help greatly against Latias and Latios. , (comma > period) while also killing Blissey and Shaymin-S; any of these pokemon otherwise have a field day with Grass Arceus. Choice Scarf Palkia and Dialga are also good alternatives to revenge kill Latias and Latios. The former also kills Steel Types Steel-types with Surf. </p>

<p> Latias and Latios can come in on this Grass Arceus and set up Calm Minds, negating Arceus's boosts and ultimately securing a sweep of its own, while shrugging off Grass Arceus's hits with Recover. While it is unable to switch in on Flamethrower or Ice Beam, Shaymin-S can come in on most of Grass Arceus's attacks and hit it with Air Slash </p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p> Kyorge is usually a preferred teammate for Grass Arceus. Not only does it gets get rid of the Steel and Fire types Fire- and Steel-types whom would otherwise wall it, but its eternal rain gets rid of Grass Arceus's fire weakness. When using When using Kyogre, Flamethrower is not recommended in any slot in Arceus's moveset due to the fact that it is severely weakened by rain, which Kyogre provides; however, Kyogre usually deals with the Pokemon that Flamethrower is supposed to deal with anyway, so the loss is minimal. Groudon is generally a Pokemon you don't want alongside Grass Arceus due to its eternal sun, which compounds Arceus's fire weakness. Choice Scarf Palkia can cover up Grass Arceus's weaknesses well. In addition to that, it can also revenge kill Latias and Latios, who both plague Arceus's Calm Mind set. Scizor and Jirachi also make great Shaymin-S and Blssey counters due to their ability to switch in on the majority of its attacks and threaten them with U-Turn, or in Jirachi's case, Iron Head. </p>

[OPTIONAL CHANGES]

<p> Most of Grass Arceus's main options have already been listed. Thunder is a usable option to hit Ho-Oh, Grass Arceus' biggest fear. It also deals decent damage against most Steel- types Steel-types and severely damages Flying Arceus . A Mono-Attacking Calm-Minder is plausible due to the fact that Arceus can create 101 HP substitutes, but it is generally not recommended; this is better off left to other Arceus formes due to the mediocre coverage of Grass-type Judgment. </p>

[COUNTERS]

<p> Ho-Oh is arguably Grass Arceus's biggest counter, as it can take the majority of its hits and threaten it with either Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Fire or Flying Arceus can also come in and set up multiple Calm Minds, (comma) although they have to watch out for Earth Power and Ice Beam respectively. Scizor can come in on any set lacking Flamethrower and U-turn out, hitting for super effective damage. Skarmory and Forretress also laugh in the face of Arceus who lack Flamethrower, and can dole out Spikes as it Arceus struggles to deal any damage. Blissey fairs well against most sets, and can cripple Grass Arceus with Thunder wave Wave or Toxic, and repeatedly use Seismic Toss to wear Arceus down. Giratina can do well against variants not packing Ice Beam, and can either set up Calm Minds or Roar it out. Shaymin-S has trouble switching in on Thunder Wave and Ice Beams, but if it manages to switch in safely, can kill Grass Arceus with repeated Air Slashes. Latias and Latios dislike coming in on a Thunder Wave from Support Grass Arceus, but it can come in on anything Calm Mind Grass Arceus can throw at it, and threaten to set up a sweep with Calm Mind. </p>

Deletions
Corrections
Comments

At the beginning and end of every paragraph you need to make sure the the <p> and </p> tags have no spaces after or before them, respectively. You also missed a period at the end of some paragraphs.

I'm requesting a 3rd check for this too.

Just a quick suggestion; perhaps run HP Rock? That would allow you to hit Fire Arceus, Heatran, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza for SE damage, whilst granting you neutral damage to Forretress, Scizor, and Lati@s.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a quick suggestion; perhaps run HP Rock? That would allow you to hit Fire Arceus, Heatran, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza for SE damage, whilst granting you neutral damage to Forretress, Scizor, and Lati@s.
Too weak compared to the other available options like Earth Power and Flamethrower. The damage difference can be easily decimated, like Hidden Power Rock doesn't 2HKO Physically Defensive Forretress after a CM, whereas Earth Power does. IT all depends on what Arceus has to run on the team, basically.

Also, Heatran is not hit for Super Effective Damage, and the aforementioned Pokemon can be easily handled by teammates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)