Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is it possible to get the stone for Mega Charizard X if one picked Squirtle as a starter? The guy in Lumiose City only gives me the option to buy Venusaur's stone.

trying to soft reset for a good xerneas - do we know for sure whether you can run from the battle and fight xerneas again for a different IV spread? i just caught one with 130 speed that outsped my 129 charizard, and i *think* in our first battle charizard outsped it. i'd love to be able to save after the first battle so i don't have to go through that cutscene over and over, but i'm not quite trusting my memory.

edit: just tried to retest it myself. i thought i would ask here in case it took a while or i didn't get any results, but as luck would have it xerneas was very cooperative and demonstrated that it does, in fact, reset IVs between battles. awesome.

Last edited:
trying to soft reset for a good xerneas - do we know for sure whether you can run from the battle and fight xerneas again for a different IV spread? i just caught one with 130 speed that outsped my 129 charizard, and i *think* in our first battle charizard outsped it. i'd love to be able to save after the first battle so i don't have to go through that cutscene over and over, but i'm not quite trusting my memory.
i'm pretty sure if you kill it, you get to fight it again and it resets its IVs etc,

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How long will it take for the new tiers to go up?
All the tiers or just as in OU etc? Because 5.5 is on PS right now, once everything is set in stone gen 6-wise (as in all research into moves and everything is complete, or almost complete) then Gen 6 OU (and the other tiers that start immediately) will officially start. Every three months the new usage stats will start each tier as it goes down. As a result stuff like NU will take 9 months.

I'm aware of the general evolution method for Inkay--evolve at level 30 or above while the 3DS is flipped--but I seem to have some trouble making it happen. Is there a particular timing for turning the 3DS upside down? Can I hold it upside-down the whole time? Do I need to hold it right side up until the level-up fanfare plays, flip it, and then press A? Does Inkay have to be the active Pokemon when it levels?

I kept it right side up, then while the "Inkay leveled up" message appeared, turned the 3DS upside down then right side up continually until the evolution screen appeared. I'm not sure what the correct timing was, so I did it all.

Argh! It's still not working.
When you get the message that Inkay leveled up, turn your DS upside-down. Keep your DS upside-down until the evolution scene plays (you may have to finish the battle with an upside-down DS.)

Question: Is it possible to get Buneary/Lopunny? Is there a way to breed Ice Punch onto Weavile besides using them?

Still not working (and the ability to play Face Raiders suggests that the 3DS gyro is not broken). Is the evolution disrupted by other messages, like Inkay learning a move or another party member gaining a level?

Still not working (and the ability to play Face Raiders suggests that the 3DS gyro is not broken). Is the evolution disrupted by other messages, like Inkay learning a move or another party member gaining a level?
I don't think so. As long as my DS is upside-down from when Inkay hits the required level until the evolution begins, it always works for me.

Can anyone translate the IV checker?:

"This Pokemon has outstanding potential overall. Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its defense stat. Its Sp.Def stat seems just as good, though. And, well, its speed stat is good, too. Stats like those...They simply can't be beat!"

Last edited:
So where can I find HM waterfall in this game?
You are given it by Shauna on the long wooden suspension bridge on the route south of Couriway Town (the pretty place with all the waterfalls on the far east of the map).
Can anyone translate the IV checker?:

"This Pokemon has outstanding potential overall. Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its defense stat. Its Sp.Def stat seems just as good, though. And, well, its speed stat is good, too. Stats like those...They simply can't be beat!"
"Outstanding potential": sum total of IVs is between 151 and 186

With x/x/31/x/31/31, the "x" stats must add up to at least 58. So it would be 19 on average at the lowest possible. ~19/~19/31/~20/31/31. Of course, it could be extreme like 31/27/31/0/31/31 all the way up to 30/30/31/30/31/31. You'd best run an IV calculator to figure those out.

I'm trying to get a full set of Synchronizers in XY, so is there a way to make Abras and Ralts show up more often? Or am I in for a LONG, painful journey? :-/

The IV judge told me that my starting fennekin's attack and defense "can't be beat!" Did I actually get two maxed IVs on my starter out of pure luck or are those preset?

If those WEREN'T predetermined...max IVs at random...in fennekin's attack...>_<
My Greninja had no perfect IV's so I would say you got "lucky" with perfect attack and defense iv's

Hey can someone tell me exactly what I have to do to get the evolution items from super training? I got them once from the first 6 regimens, but have not gotten any others since.

Wheres the x and y data collection?

Wheres the Mega Stone of Alakazam?

and are there any synchronisers with False Swipe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)