HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moves I definitely think should be tutor moves are Rapid Spin and Curse. The metagame needs more viable Rapid Spinners in my opinion.
Problem is, i dont think Nintendo cares about the metagame at all. They might add Rapid Spin to random pokemon they "think" can spin or something....

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
its still a turtle. The other 2 turtle pokemon lines can. Maybe turtwig (who learns withdraw) should learn rapid spin, but not torterra. SImilar to mudkip learning hydro pump, and swampert not.

Obviously this would allow torterra to use it competitively, but still keep the pokedex entries accurate.

I would actually use a Rapid Spinner if Torterra or Bronzong received it via move tutor. The former can hit Rotom-A very, very hard with STAB Wood Hammer, and can set up rocks on his own. The latter has always been a solid, reliable tank, this would only add to his supporting capabilities.

Gengar should have Nasty Plot already, just look at that face, you know he is scheming. Meanwhile, Azelf, doesn't make any sense to me.

i honestly don't know how heart gold & soul silver will effect the metagame will just have to see it might have the same impact as platinum did with all these new move tutors and what not and the return of the punchs of course

I think you are all wasting your time by saying what tutors you think will be in the games. I highly doubt that we will only have TMs that are no longer TMs and mayby a few crappy moves like gust. Nintendo doesn't care about the competitive community. Do they even know we exist?
@above: The punches are already available via platinum. How else would Lucario have ice punch?

EDIT: Ah, forgot about the XD move tutor. Some good moves in there.

I think the best we can conceivably hope for are old GSC TMs (Curse!), missing GBA tutors (Softboiled!), and the XD tutors (Selfdestruct!). They do seem to be trying to phaze out the GBA games after all. This would make all those old tutor moves available.

I don't get why they've been so quick to "phase out" the GBA games. It's great that they've made every pokemon available but now the legendaries as well? Isn't that the point of wifi/GTS?

I'm eager for legends like Celebi to get a re-release but the Khanto birds, Regi's? It felt to soon for them and now we've got the weather trio.. It all feels a little unnecessary.

I don't get why they've been so quick to "phase out" the GBA games. It's great that they've made every pokemon available but now the legendaries as well? Isn't that the point of wifi/GTS?

I'm eager for legends like Celebi to get a re-release but the Khanto birds, Regi's? It felt to soon for them and now we've got the weather trio.. It all feels a little unnecessary.
It's just weird, "ooh, let's just randomly add the Kanto birds as runners and the Regis for an event!". I mean, how in the world to the Hoenn legends have anything to do with Johto.

Oh, and something I noticed:

The Pokeballs are upside-down. I checked D/P's prerelease pictures, and the Pokeballs are right side up, so I know it isn't something in Japan or anything. Is this fake?

The DSi making uploading from 3rd generation games completely impossible, and a large portion of the Japanese audience apparently dumping their Lites for DSi.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
It's just weird, "ooh, let's just randomly add the Kanto birds as runners and the Regis for an event!". I mean, how in the world to the Hoenn legends have anything to do with Johto.

The Pokeballs are upside-down. I checked D/P's prerelease pictures, and the Pokeballs are right side up, so I know it isn't something in Japan or anything. Is this fake?
It isn't fake because at the beginning of the battle your pokeballs roll into the slots.

The DSi making uploading from 3rd generation games completely impossible, and a large portion of the Japanese audience apparently dumping their Lites for DSi.
On the plus side, do you think that implies Stoss move tutors in HGSS?

Also, I wish they'd announce some decent battle facilities for this game.

EDIT: yeah, pretty much Tytus's sentiments

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Hmmm the new rival sprite almost looks like he's wearing Rocket clothing but I know from the official art thats he not. As for move tutor talk, unless ES Dragonite(especially with Curse)becomes avalible, I don't think HGSS will have as big an impact as Platinum will.

As for move tutor talk, unless ES Dragonite(especially with Curse)becomes avalible, I don't think HGSS will have as big an impact as Platinum will.
There are quite a few (GS-based) moves that could make an impact. Curse would probably see its place, though for who I don't know just like that. Rapid Spin would be HUGE if given to stuff like Bronzong/Steelix/Anything else that looks as if it can spin quickly in some way. Zap Cannon can also be interesting, imagine Machamp having it. Sure, it won't do a LOT of damage, but it would give Machamp a way of inflicting auto Parafusion with that + Dynamicpunch. Thats gonna make at least some people pretty annoyed.
Platinum did already have most of the old GSC TM's though (Icy Wind, Fury Cutter, Mud Slap...) and some are still TM's, so thats a bit of a shame.

I think the following moves should be made available via move tutors

flare blitz
zap cannon
tail glow (not nasty plot cuz gengar would learn it <_<)
dragon dance
spikes
Aqua jet
ice shard
extreme speed
soft boiled
tri attack
wish
sismic toss
recover
leaf storm
magma storm
sacred fire
aeroblast
and all of the ones from platinum because then I won't have to have platinum and heart gold lol...

Tail glow would be fantastic for pokees such as glaceon and ampharos and flare blitz for entei and flareon
LOL at that list xD
Those are my guess instead

Curse
Zap Cannon
Dynamic Punch
Double-Edge
Seismic Toss
Counter
Softboiled
Mimic
Body Slam
Baton pass <--- Can I dream?
Metal Sound <---- Can I dream?
Heal Bell <---- Can I dream?
Morning Sun
Helping Hand
Tri attack
Wish
Nightmare
Hypnosys
random shit #1
random shit #2
random shit #3
random shit #4
random shit #5
random shit #6
random shit #7
random shit #8
random shit #9

I'll stop here:
Basically some third gen moves only that aren't in platinum, along with some of the esclusive XD gale of darkness special moves.

All of you have now realized that Nintendo WANTS to quit with GBA and third gen (but it was obvious since when they annunced the DSi), therefore, or they gave us ALL those OLD moves, or they've realized that those moves were too broken and won't bring them back again.

But platinum has something like 38 moves availables for tutoring... so I wonder if they will give us so many move tutors again or not... If they does I think some of those already present in platinum will be back in HG/SS as well.
Also, the move tutor may change a lot if they changes the list of HM/TM, which is unlikely to happen though...
Anyway I also calculated at least 9 moves that will suck and are almost not useful at all, but always included (twister? pin missle? uproar? LOL).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4GlZHxmrY8

ANOTHER RANDOM CRAP SPAMMING VIDEO, DONT OPEN SERIOUSLY.
Hoenn? I seriously doubt it.

I think I'm one of the few people who actually didn't hate Hoenn (frankly Kanto is starting to get on my nerves) but I still doubt it will return. Hoenn is a tropical region far from Kanto/Johto. It's be cool to have a three region game, but then again, due to level issues it probably won't happen. I'd hate to see Hoenn like Kanto in GSC.

LOL at that list xD
Those are my guess instead

Curse
Zap Cannon
Dynamic Punch
Double-Edge
Seismic Toss
Counter
Softboiled
Mimic
Body Slam
Baton pass <--- Can I dream?
Metal Sound <---- Can I dream?
Heal Bell <---- Can I dream?
Morning Sun
Helping Hand
Tri attack
Wish
Nightmare
Hypnosys
random shit #1
random shit #2
random shit #3
random shit #4
random shit #5
random shit #6
random shit #7
random shit #8
random shit #9

I'll stop here:
Basically some third gen moves only that aren't in platinum, along with some of the esclusive XD gale of darkness special moves.

All of you have now realized that Nintendo WANTS to quit with GBA and third gen (but it was obvious since when they annunced the DSi), therefore, or they gave us ALL those OLD moves, or they've realized that those moves were too broken and won't bring them back again.

But platinum has something like 38 moves availables for tutoring... so I wonder if they will give us so many move tutors again or not... If they does I think some of those already present in platinum will be back in HG/SS as well.
Also, the move tutor may change a lot if they changes the list of HM/TM, which is unlikely to happen though...
Anyway I also calculated at least 9 moves that will suck and are almost not useful at all, but always included (twister? pin missle? uproar? LOL).
Just give me Rapid Spin and I'll be happy

Here's what I feel could be an interesting and awesome Tutor for HG/SS

Ability Tutor.

Ability Tutor
- Give it X item, and you can choose what ability your Pokemon has.

Example: "Yanmega has Tinted Lens, Yanmega can learn Speed Boost.. give it Speed Boost?"

If Defog isn't an HM or TM it will be available through a move tutor. There is nothing that can learn Defog naturally, so if there isn't some special way to teach it the only way to get a Pokemon with Defog on HGSS would be to trade from DPPt. The same goes for Rock Climb.

One move I hope will be a Move Tutor move is Gravity. Very few things can learn it now, but it's a viable team strategy. If Pokemon like Celebi, Bronzong and Snorlax got it that would make Gravity teams much more viable and common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)