horror manga (prolly nsfw)

Oh my god, Gyo, I can hardly breathe

HOLY SHIT GIANT ROBOT SHARK AHHHH

Once the people start getting infected it gets really creepy though

Glyceride was pretty disturbing but not exactly scary, per se. Not for the squeamish.

The Drifting Classroom had a nice premise and some unsettling moments but a lot of the elements and plot twists were just too outrageous to be plausible.

Ibitsu is probably a lot scarier if read at night. It's a good horror story and is more gory than terrifying, to be honest.

At the moment the only ones that have seriously creeped me out are Amigara Fault and Uzumaki, the latter of which I am about halfway through.

Ibitsu really is more gory than scary, tough i'll probably sleep with my lights on just for tonight.

Uzumaki is really REALLY unsettling, weird, it just get's weirder and weirder, the only thing i wanna point out is that all these things keep happening and yet the people at the town just ignore it, as if it was a normal thing, also the ending really falls short.

And Glyceride wasn't THAT disturbing/scary/weird.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
shit i made the mistake to read ibitsu at night home alone

and since im a massive pussy with everything regarding horror im now scared as fuck

read Ibitsu last night and whoa, it definitely is scary

but I feel like the good guys were pretty stupid most of the time

Is Uzumaki really that scary? I mean, the prime antagonist is a freaking pattern.
That's what makes it so fucking weird, also it's not the spiral itself, it's the hole ordeal of things that come along with.

Amigara fault was great, really short so it's easy to read, still pretty fucking chilling.

Gyo was great, just great, that shit gave me nightmares.

Goth was also pretty good, i recommend it if you like detective-esque stories

I finished Parasyte and it's not that scary. It felt a lot like a battle manga except with a lot of gore, and nobody has any "abilities", but there are enemies that the protagonist fights that get stronger through the series.

Also finished Gyo and I enjoyed it, although I felt that the author pussied out a bit at the end by not resolving the conflict. Pretty creepy though.

The scene with the shark was ridiculous though. I laughed. :P

i have literally just started reading horror manga and i liked amigara fault coz its really short but still friggin' creepy. got any others like it? just something really short...

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
cookie youre referring to the enigma of anidgvmfignsfd fault (see first post)

Ibitsu is pretty underwhelming imo. Not even scary, just gory as all hell and with main characters that would make a Friday the 13th victim look like Einstein. The first side story was fucking terrifying though.

5/10

From this thread's suggestions, I just read Uzumaki. powerful and freaky stuff. I'd agree with earlier posters that some of the more "horrifying" chapters in the end detracted from the broader, more spiritual essence of the ending: the pregnancy/mosquito chapter felt a little too gruesome for me, but I loved how Ito kept coming up with new ways to incorporate the spiral into the story: it's really amazing how many different horrible ways "spirals" can be used in the context of a horror manga, and it was great to see connections between chapters (the bullhorn/snails/mesmerism). even though
shuuichi and kirie "died" or were consumed by the spiral in the end
, you feel an odd sense of peace/calmness even though the spiral curse is destined to repeat itself throughout history. it's amazing how in 20 chapters the storyline moved from a tiny shell in the wall to the massive underground spiral city -- and it's all connected. definitely recommend to anyone who has enough free time to read this all in one sitting.

Read Uzumaki and Ibitsu.Both were meh, but not really what I'm looking for.I just want gore and sick shit.Both of these were kind of boring.The lotita chick was oddly hot though.

A good one I've read was Fetus Collector,just for how silly it is.There was also another one about a samurai who's tried poisoning his wife for money only to grotesquely disfigured the right side of her eye/head.He becomes obscessed with her and gets turned on by the puss.Going so far as to squish it and lick it off.Yeh its gross.He later joins a club where men show off their almost perfect wives.They find the imperfections hot/a fetish for them.The samurai goes crazy with it and turns most of her face into that puss filed crap.She even starts growing worms.Then she dies and she starts haunting him.He doesn't know how to deal with it until he joins a clubwhere men show off grotesque ghosts that are haunting them(that they themselves killed).The samurai fits in perfectly but his ghost pales in comparison to the other sick ghosts.One guys ghosts' face was beat with a rock and is now all mush..you get it.He wants to have the sickest ghost so revives his wife so he can completely destroy her body(and thus her ghost image).After he's done with her, you can't even tell that she used to be a human.Just guts and body parts everywhere.It ends with him having sex with his now dead wife.

Its only a chapter and I can't remember the name.If someone really wants to read it ill look for it though.

Also this is the stuff I'm looking for.Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)