How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends entirely who I am talking to. If it's women, swearing is a terrible thing to do. Some friends I swear like a sailor around. Other friends I refrain from swearing. I also swear all the time with my dad, not so much with my mom.

Be quiet, I bet I swear more than you. I swear a lot. I'm often castigated for it by ridiculous people; 'do you think it makes you sound big and clever?' no, love, it's just how I talk. I'll drop in the F word when I'm looking for something else to say or I can't articulate exactly what it is I'm getting at. When really someone pisses me off I'll devote a couple of seconds/minutes/hours to the subject of them, for example, screwing his sister or receiving a blowjob from a goat and my views on this act. When I've injured myself (catching fingers in doors and stubbing toes, usually), it'll be much less eloquent; usually something along the lines of FUCKING FUCKING FUCK OW FUCKING CUNT FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIIIT.

This doesn't mean I swear (much) in front of my grandparents - I'll often call something 'bloody awful' in front of them; parents I swear a fair bit with, little brothers; the nine-year-old I'm quite free with my mouth with (he's heard it all in the playground) but the six-year-old I'm much more conservative with (since he's still at the stage of calling someone a lady-dog when he wants to call them a bitch.)

Edit: oh, and it still means a hell of a lot when I swear directly at a person; usually I'm swearing to describe something or someone, but I'm quite shy and very anti-confrontation, so if I stand in front of you and call you a cunt then I really, really mean it. If, however, I use the same word in jest, which is fairly frequent in my friends company, it's obvious. Context is everything; just because I use these words regularly does not make it any less meaningful when I'm using them seriously.

Be quiet, I bet I swear more than you. I swear a lot. I'm often castigated for it by ridiculous people; 'do you think it makes you sound big and clever?' no, love, it's just how I talk. I'll drop in the F word when I'm looking for something else to say or I can't articulate exactly what it is I'm getting at. When really someone pisses me off I'll devote a couple of seconds/minutes/hours to the subject of them, for example, screwing his sister or receiving a blowjob from a goat and my views on this act. When I've injured myself (catching fingers in doors and stubbing toes, usually), it'll be much less eloquent; usually something along the lines of FUCKING FUCKING FUCK OW FUCKING CUNT FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIIIT.
This last bit, especially. I have a sailormouth but dammit it's an eloquent sailormouth. I get creative. Especially when it's on the road.

Also, not voting in the poll due to a lack of 'super hell' option

Depends entirely what language/who I speak with, when I talk with my parents in finnish (or any language), I don't swear. in english I swear sometimes, and in norwegian all the time. I find it easier to replace the word with something else in finnish and english, but in norwegian there is almost no other word that fits there without the sentence sounding like babytalk or completely retarded.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
depends on who i'm talking too, but pretty fucking often.
I'll vouch for this. =P

I cuss, but only with friends and only when the situation is laid back. If I can find a word that better decscribes what I'm trying to say I'll use it, but if I can't think of the word (or I'm intoxicated) I'll just use the first thing that comes to mind.

I swear quite frequently. My holier-than-thou roommate thinks that its childish, but I just tell him to go fuck himself.:toast:

Really, though, you have a problem when 'fuckin' becomes the only adjective you know. Until then, its all good.

As much as I love FUCK, swearing in French is a million times more effective, satisfying and creative than in English. Y'all should try it

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
It really depends on the situation. In my "normal mode", however, I'm likely to curse more than normal but not to the point where it's in every sentence. I also try not to curse if I'm trying to be taken seriously, although a good curse that fits the situation is always helpful for emphasis.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i just read in scientific america that it lessens the pain when you swear. they did a test they had people keep their arms in freezing cold water, 1 group repeating swears and the other repeating a common word. the swear group average a time of 40 seconds longer than the non swearers.

i just read in scientific america that it lessens the pain when you swear. they did a test they had people keep their arms in freezing cold water, 1 group repeating swears and the other repeating a common word. the swear group average a time of 40 seconds longer than the non swearers.
That sounds like a hilarious experiment to take part in.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, I swear a hell of a lot. When I'm not home and not around my family, I'll let out a fuck word in every sentence. I dunno why, it's just really satisfying, hell, it's a habit now and I'm hard pressed to call it a bad one. :D

Every time I've tried to stop swearing, all it does is make me swear more later on. There's just a certain amount that has to come out, and hell, it's gonna come out sometime, so might as well let it out in reasonable doses instead of angrily exploding on something or someone (usually something, it's very difficult to get me legitimately angry at someone).

Haha, I tried weaning off the shit word by saying shet instead, since I didn't wanna say shyte. Then I decided that it sounded just a bit too similar, so back to regular shits and giggles it was.

Lately, I've found myself saying "holy mother of fuck" instead of "holy motherfucker", or hell, even fatherfucker works. I like "son of a shit" too, and "son of a bitch" feels pretty good to say when something pisses me off. Most of the time it's either a shit word or a fuck word that I throw out though.

I really hate swearing at people though. I barely even yell at people, much less swear at them, so that's when it no longer feels good to swear.

:jump:Holy Shit! U muthafuckin bitchass niggas Don't know. At my Fuckin school Bitch Teachers Bettah watch dae ass cause dees Muthafuckas Cuss Does Hos OUT.

LOL

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Man I want to try this. Although I think yelling really loud might be just as effective.

I know I extremely rarely swear unless I'm playing a video or board game of some sort.

I never (read extremely rarely such as when I stepped on a nail) curse in front of my parents. My mother still scolds my younger brother for saying "shut up."

Language is simply symbolic and therefore "vulgarity" is really an imaginary concept. lol
I like swearing for many reasons:
-It is often aesthetically pleasing, and adds beauty to a sentence
-Offending people is oh so funny!!
-It feels good
-As a writer/actor, it sometimes conveys more powerful emotion
-FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU :)
lol @ the last part

I don't usually swear,
but sometimes (and just with friends)

"My, never!" I was raised not to swear and now I don't out of habit. Quite honestly, I find it annoying and immature, but that's probably a product of how I was raised.

Fuck is just a very versatile word. It's almost as good as buffalo.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)