How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On the border of more than regular people to every other word. I'm a real potty mouth tbh.

Like a lot of people here, I only use it to add expression to a sentence. 'I'm mad' and 'I'm fucking pissed' sound a lot different.

Do I want a fucking sausage? Fuck yes.

Just kidding, I don't swear all that often, if at all besides this post.

I don't do it so much around other people, but when I'm alone (especially when playing videogames), you swear that profanity makes up most of my vocabulary.

I voted for every other fucking word. When I first joined these boards many moons ago, I was heavily lampooned for my liberal use of the word "fuck". Since then, my posting habits have matured considerably, but I've started swearing a lot more irl. It does, obviously, depend on the people I'm talking to. I work in door-to-door sales, and I rarely swear in the presence of customers, but when I'm out having a cigarette with a co-worker or in the van on the way out to territory, I curse a lot.

I really just love the way the word "fuck" sounds, and the way it feels coming out of my mouth. I also really like "cunt". Those are probably my two favourites, but yeah - I swear all the fucking time with my friends and co-workers, but it's not something I have any problem controlling when I think it needs to be controlled.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with it - it's just a word, man - why be offended by it? Although, I've leant thought to the notion of cursing, and I found an interesting little generational transition.

The curses of 70-80 years ago tended to be religious in nature, "damn", "curse", "hell", etc.
The curses of 40-50 years ago tended to be related to the lower/more dirty functions of the body: "fuck", "shit", "piss", "dick", etc.
The curses of our generation tend to be related to race. No one gives a shit if you say "fuck" or "damn" anymore, but "chink"? "Paki"? Or, most iconically, "(BAN ME PLEASE)"? Forget about it!

Isn't that funny? I wonder what the next generation's curses are going to be.

I curse more than regular people. I do it everyday but I try to think before I do it sometimes. I really don't care if people curse arround me but I find it annoying when people say, "he is such a piece of the s-word" for example.

I rarely actually use profanity in speech, as I like to save it for when I have accidentally injured myself (e.g. toe stubbing), as it apparently (and I have tried it and it seems to work) reduces the level of pain one feels after such an incident. It also apparently doesn't reduce pain as much if one swears like a fucking sailor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8147170.stm see, the BBC says it, therefore it's automatically correct.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I swear quite a bit in real life. In fact, Fuck is one of my favorite English words simply due to its versatility!

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I rarely actually use profanity in speech, as I like to save it for when I have accidentally injured myself (e.g. toe stubbing), as it apparently (and I have tried it and it seems to work) reduces the level of pain one feels after such an incident. It also apparently doesn't reduce pain as much if one swears like a fucking sailor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8147170.stm see, the BBC says it, therefore it's automatically correct.
I'm fairly certain you could just yell really loud. Think of babies. They get hurt they cry. I would imagine the swearing part has just been learned to be associated with loud noises.

I swear a bit. I try to limit myself, though, I never say the f, b, or c (not cock) word. It used to be based on who I'm around, but now it's simply the situation. I used to avoid swearing around my mother, since she didn't know I swore, but after slipping enough times, and she being a foulmouth herself, it stopped mattering to me. I still probably wouldn't swear around my grandparents, though.

I believe swearing is perhaps something that can be used often without being too offensive or using it too much. It depends on my mood as to how much I personally would swear but I know certain people who wouldn't swear at all. It probably depends all on the person and situation. I don't think it's completely necessary to swear but sometimes there is no other word that can say it like that certain profanity. Certainly an interesting poll though.

I swear all the time, really, although I can manage not to do it every other word. Bitch is my favorite word ever.

Definitly changes on how I am feeling. For example if I am in a competitive mode, am frustrated, feeling immature, or argumentative, then I will break on some profanity. Other than that though, I am pretty clean...Most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)