International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Quick Claw and BrightPowder are about the only things I ever worry about whenever I face a sub 1500 player. After all, they are items that can even turn a CPU pushover into a serious threat. Fortunately, I didn't see too much of those two in this tourney.
I had a Whimsicott dodge a Fake Out due to BrightPowder. -_-

Hay just wondering by "hax" do you guys mean.

The other guy got lucky with attacks(aka getting many freezes, crits, avoids) or actual hacked Pokemon?

Just new and trying to learn the terms of Pokemon online.

I dropped out the tournament last night with 1934, I'm obviously going to get disqualified anyway and I just want to get my team out and continue random matchup without constantly doing this, especially after missing out on the start of may 9th and four hours on most days.

33-29998-14946
vs. Miguel from spain during I believe the 12th, He had around 2070 and has my infinite honor for not disconnecting like I really thought he would (and for actually beating me later on.)

He fought really well and I still think this was one of my best battle here, although I know it's kind of a normal battle.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm at 1750+ (can't remember). I think about 1775.

22 W | 2 L | 2 DC

Chaos Element, do you have a log of the people you played? I think I played you, but not sure.

Jivetime just completely screwed me sideways (no hax lol in a good way...if that makes sense). Forfeited right away. I'm not angry because of no swagger win. Thank you for beating me with sheer force and not a gimmick, I will gladly accept that loss. That lead screws my team so hard.

EDIT: what the heck I looked at my screen and it said I was completely DCed from the wifi...it wasn't intentional, and I'm not even sure when it was done, because I looked down at my screen and saw it after like a minute...but no one can believe that considering the same old song and dance everyone has done, and I understand if you are angry

I'm feeling sick because that just fucking sucks, I'm probably just gonna leave this tournament.....ugh wow i'm not even sure how to react because that was NOT intentional...sorry JiveTime...talk to me if you can idk what to say, agkdfjg...

what was your OT? Because I don't remember battling you.
Oh, so I guess that was really you then. I just battled you a short while ago. I was the person with 1794-ish rating with Empoleon / Landorus / Crobat / Cradily / Hitmontop / Chandelure. I forgot which 4 I used, but I remember at the end it was My Chandelure and Hitmontop vs your Latios, and then you DC'd. It was a good battle though.

And of course, if CakesOfSpan is reading this, he'd probably recognize that team too, since I battled him right after pokemaster649 (someone called "Span" from North Carolina anyway... if it's not you, o well). Another good battle!

Too bad 1800 still eludes me since both DC'd as I was about to win. Heh, doesn't matter. Those were interesting battles!

@pokemaster649: Yeah, should have. I was thinking that too, but unfortunately you didn't. It would have been pretty awesome if you did, since you'd have a much bigger chance to win then.

It would be a prediction war as to whether you're going to keep subbing or going for Draco Meteor after Chandelure faints (if it faints). I.e. you sub that turn. Then next turn I'd most likely try for another protect on Chandelure + sucker punch with Hitmontop. If Protect still hits through, then I think I have the game, because iirc, Sucker Punch did over 75% damage. (If you aren't following... I mean, if my second protect goes through, that means Latios's sub is broken by sucker punch while Draco Meteor didn't do anything, and Latios is at 75%. Then next turn I'll just Sucker Punch + Shadow Ball... you either get KO'd by sucker punch or Shadow Bal breaks sub, and... yah, cycle repeats until I win).

If my second protect didn't go through, then Latios KOs Chandelure and has 75% health left. Then you're likely to win, except you'd have to make sure you Draco Meteor on a turn that I'm not using Sucker Punch, because i would likely Close Combat to break your predicted sub, but I'd have to make several correct predictions (aka coin flips) in a row, which is not as likely. Anyway, either way, it's interesting. Too bad I couldn't save the battle video though.

@pokemaster649: Yeah, should have. I was thinking that too, but unfortunately you didn't. It would have been pretty awesome if you did, since you'd have a much bigger chance to win then.

It would be a prediction war as to whether you're going to keep subbing or going for Draco Meteor after Chandelure faints (if it faints). I.e. you sub that turn. Then next turn I'd most likely try for another protect on Chandelure + sucker punch with Hitmontop. If Protect still hits through, then I think I have the game, because iirc, Sucker Punch did over 75% damage. (If you aren't following... I mean, if my second protect goes through, that means Latios's sub is broken by sucker punch while Draco Meteor didn't do anything, and Latios is at 75%. Then next turn I'll just Sucker Punch + Shadow Ball... you either get KO'd by sucker punch or Shadow Bal breaks sub, and... yah, cycle repeats until I win).

If my second protect didn't go through, then Latios KOs Chandelure and has 75% health left. Then you're likely to win, except you'd have to make sure you Draco Meteor on a turn that I'm not using Sucker Punch, because i would likely Close Combat to break your predicted sub, but I'd have to make several correct predictions (aka coin flips) in a row, which is not as likely. Anyway, either way, it's interesting. Too bad I couldn't save the battle video though.
Actually, I thought of an another way. If I don't try to use draco meteor on chan, I use psychic on top (you sucker punched me, I still survive). Than try to draco meteor on chan.

@pokemaster649: O yeah, that would work too. Hmm that's cool. So then.. I think, maybe my best course of action actually wasn't what I did (Protect + Sucker Punch... of course it did work out in the end). My best course of action is probably Shadow Ball + Sucker Punch. The best you could have come out from that (i.e. if you had perfect info and knew I was going to do that) would then be to Draco Meteor Chandelure while taking 75% + from Sucker Punch. Then it's a 50/50 chance whether you protect next turn or psychic next turn. In fact... Hitmontop would probably survive the -2 Psychic, meaning I could just Close Combat to KO Latios... ... ...

... Then again, I don't remember if my Hitmontop was at full health though. I think it took a -1 Terrakion Rockslide? Hah, I don't remember. ... blah, no video to refer back to haha. I guess that's the only thing I dislike about DCs.

@pokemaster649: O yeah, that would work too. Hmm that's cool. So then.. I think, maybe my best course of action actually wasn't what I did (Protect + Sucker Punch... of course it did work out in the end). My best course of action is probably Shadow Ball + Sucker Punch. The best you could have come out from that (i.e. if you had perfect info and knew I was going to do that) would then be to Draco Meteor Chandelure while taking 75% + from Sucker Punch. Then it's a 50/50 chance whether you protect next turn or psychic next turn. In fact... Hitmontop would probably survive the -2 Psychic, meaning I could just Close Combat to KO Latios... ... ...

... Then again, I don't remember if my Hitmontop was at full health though. I think it took a -1 Terrakion Rockslide? Hah, I don't remember. ... blah, no video to refer back to haha. I guess that's the only thing I dislike about DCs.
Ha, I think it was weakened. I would use sub(if it's enough) after chan gets koed.

@pokemaster649: From what I recall at the end of our battle (i.e. what actually happened), Sucker Punch did more than 75% to Latios, so it wouldn't have been enough to sub. It doesn't matter that much though, because it's either sub/protect or attack. I'm pretty sure close combat (did I use up my fighting Gem yet? lol I don't remember that either... I thought I didn't) would do more than 25% damage to Latios.

In order for me to win, I have to either close combat on a turn that you're subbing/protecting in vain, or sucker punch on a turn that you're attacking. Vice versa for you. O well... too many small details I don't remember in that battle.

gg again zaki..iam just sad, first of your mm miss (dont think it did matter that much) second i wanted to show the crunch on cresselia switchin prediction but ttar was paralyzed and third my rhyperior didnt do anything but somehow it was enough lol ^^"

Hm, did I just battle Ben7000 (1896 rating)? How come it DC even though you won? I do not understand (I guess bad connection)... GG though if you are on here. I got out predicted bad.

TheAshAttack, I give up. Can't play tomorrow and I'm like two points behind you.

Still, 2nd place (hopefully) better count for something, am I right?

Ending with 2050 Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)