International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about the site I read at some point implied that the records from past competitions are kept on part of the site. If that's true, we at least have small-scale immortalization to look forward to.

Also, sorry to anyone who heard me say that this is a completely free laddering competition. While it is ladder-like, according to the rules you are stuck with the six Pokemon you first choose.
Batman doesnt lie to Robin...remember that :heart:
or the Joker for that matter

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
HAs anyone been able to sign in yet?
yes

better hurry up, I was #09,996

Go to your GBU page. Over on the bottom right the "Competition Info" button should say "New!". Follow the prompts to sign up there. Then boot up your game and put 6 mons in your battle box. Make sure they're exactly what you want, because after the next step you won't be able to change them unless you forfeit the competition. Finally, re-boot your game and select "BATTLE COMPETITION" from your startup screen. Follow the prompts there.

The tournament itself doesn't start for a few weeks though.

OK, it says:
Your Entry is Complete. Check "Game Settings and Operation" and prepare for the competition.
See: http://cdn.pokemon-gl.com/about/gbu_setting/en/gbu_setting.pdf

OK, do I have to pick my team now... or can I wait?
Basically it's telling you to go to your game, put 6 pokemon in your battle box, save. Reset, Go to your game's main menu (where it says new game) scroll down to battle competition and go to wi-fi competition and then follow the steps.

yes

better hurry up, I was #09,996

Go to your GBU page. Over on the bottom right the "Competition Info" button should say "New!". Follow the prompts to sign up there. Then boot up your game and put 6 mons in your battle box. Make sure they're exactly what you want, because after the next step you won't be able to change them unless you forfeit the competition. Finally, re-boot your game and select "BATTLE COMPETITION" from your startup screen. Follow the prompts there.

The tournament itself doesn't start for a few weeks though.
(Responding to the points in bold)

1. How did you know you was #9996?
2. It starts in 1 week.

Ummm, I have a question. Do I have to put my pokemon in the box right now, or can I wait. I already registered, I just want to get some practice in.

I kind of hope whoever doesn't get in early after it's filled posts here so we can get an idea of how fast the tournament fills up with these limits.

I doubt there are even 1,000 players yet. MattJ is just trolling :p

Also, I have a question. Do you have to use the same game cartridge that you have registered on your Global Link Account? I really want to know, thanks!

You do realize mattj was just playing lol?
Yes I gathered, I'm assuming about 500 -1000 people have entered so far. Trying to deduct 2M users down to half (Let's say half of those accounts are inactive) Then divide that by 5 (to get an even number) that would be 200,000 people then shunt that down even furthur due to interest, no wi-fi, sleep, lack of knowledge, etc. That would be about... 100,000 or so people trying to actively to register.

This is just a heavy, blunt and rounded guesstimate.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I did not think a tournament like this would get this much hype if I'm honest, especially considering the Metagame they've chosen. Would be interesting to wee where they take it afterwards though.

Hope to see plenty of you battling then. As long as my university internet holds out and the like. inb4 DC's ruin it all for me.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! But then again, I suck :<
QUESTION: Do we HAVE to register our pokemon right now or we can wait until before the tournament starts?

Yes I gathered, I'm assuming about 500 -1000 people have entered so far. Trying to deduct 2M users down to half (Let's say half of those accounts are inactive) Then divide that by 5 (to get an even number) that would be 200,000 people then shunt that down even furthur due to interest, no wi-fi, sleep, lack of knowledge, etc. That would be about... 100,000 or so people trying to actively to register.

This is just a heavy, blunt and rounded guesstimate.
Not to mention the many jp players, that are gunna sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)