International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty much delayed like their Wi-fi events to get event Pokemon, they are never ready when you think they will, not until 10am Pacific or something like that anyway.

I say, try again when you wake up, if i can't find a spot it will suck though, but can't stay all night waiting either.

Hell, I wasn't going to sleep anyway. Time to pop a couple ritalin and camp this.

EDIT: I noticed while waiting that the battle display in the middle of the page seems to be circulating between just two people's matches, someone named BettiK and another named toikon. I don't know why I brought that up, I might be a little delirious, I don't know.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't worry about it filling up so fast you can't enter, honestly. If the rank ~645 player in Doubles has only a 1600, which is not terribly hard to get, and this tourney fills up at 10,000, that suggests that there probably aren't many more than a thousand people really REALLY committed to Doubles enough to enter a tournament, and less in a VGC2011 one probably. Again, that's a guess, and again, I'm a little delirious, but just keep your cool and don't worry about it selling out like a concert.

On the Global Link it is finally 12-10, but I can't find anything to register for the tournament.

Am I just looking wrong? Or isn't there anything yet.

It's not open in the UK yet either and it's about 11am over here. Would've been useful for Nintendo to post the opening times for registration. For now I'm just refreshing the page every once in a while.

7:29 here and it isn't up, I feel bad for all of you people that camped the whole night.
@Ashenlock: The thing is that the game sold millions of copies and there's no way in hell to know if this thing will actually bring more players than the ladder usually has, at least for me, this had kind of like a "why not?" factor given that I bought the game just recently.

It's not open in the UK yet either and it's about 11am over here. Would've been useful for Nintendo to post the opening times for registration. For now I'm just refreshing the page every once in a while.
I doubt they can support a thousand people all at a certain time registering for the tournament at once but you're probably right.

Hope everyone registers successfully!

Oh yeah, the website crashing would be a disaster. I have some silly ideas sometimes. Can't wait to get some more VGC battles under my belt after failing at the real life event. I wasn't going to enter but I picked up the illness that's going round school yesterday and I'm at home ready to register.

7:25...still nothing yet and I'm about to be trapped at school for the next six hours. Hopefully our school server doesn't block the GBU so I can try to register later.

Man, I'm so psyched >:] I'm having a feeling that the tourney registration will open in the after noon their time.

It's pratically 3:00 PM over here and still no dice.

Though, I do have one stinking problem.... I don't have a team Dx
Though, I should be ready before the tourney starts (hopefully ^^;)

Earlier in the thread I read about d/cers, I just hope that they get kicked out of the tourney once they d/c, it'd suck if I'm winning a battle and some retard d/c on me T--T"

Anywho, gl to all that are entering! (I have a quick question, is there gonna be a prize? was their a prize of the jap. one?)

Man, I'm so psyched >:] I'm having a feeling that the tourney registration will open in the after noon their time.

It's pratically 3:00 PM over here and still no dice.

Though, I do have one stinking problem.... I don't have a team Dx
Though, I should be ready before the tourney starts (hopefully ^^;)

Earlier in the thread I read about d/cers, I just hope that they get kicked out of the tourney once they d/c, it'd suck if I'm winning a battle and some retard d/c on me T--T"

Anywho, gl to all that are entering! (I have a quick question, is there gonna be a prize? was their a prize of the jap. one?)
Great to see someone else in my situation (just finished RNG'ing my Zekrom, trying to beat N/Ghetsis with lvl 40 pokes >.<), it's going to be one heck of a week brainstorming ideas, copying some, and failing miserably at the doubles ladder. <insert obligatory glhf>

Aside from bragging rights until the GBU dies, there's no price, though a 5th-gen DW pokemon via mystery gift would be nice, but then they'd lose their grip on competitive players to buy the third game (Shadow Tag Chandelure/Contrarian Serperior anyone?).

9:08 AM here and nothing yet.

I'll check in later today and hope it doesn't fill. Pokemon never is on time with anything...
@Jackos: You know Zekrom is banned, right?
I know, but it's not like people won't want it on a trade thread right? Its either RNG him now or fill my boxes with fodder, and I need a Ditto transfered over from my 4th gen games to RNG some eggs for this anyways so gotta finish the story.

7:29 here and it isn't up, I feel bad for all of you people that camped the whole night.
@Ashenlock: The thing is that the game sold millions of copies and there's no way in hell to know if this thing will actually bring more players than the ladder usually has, at least for me, this had kind of like a "why not?" factor given that I bought the game just recently.
Yeah, I know, I was just talking at that point, but I also wanted people to relax and sleep since it's probably going to end up the same either way, and because choosing to outrun sleep for a night didn't work so well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)