International WiFi Tournament -International Challenge- WON BY Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Three battles in, and the quality of the teams is top notch so far. Already encountered a few unique ones.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First two battles were against Japanese players. First was a good game but I fucked up the second-to-last turn and lost 1-0. Second game I pretty much had under control throughout and it was just a matter of playing it out to win.

Third game was against a trainer named Dazen from Chile. He lead with Terrakion and Whimsicott. He Protected turn one with Terrakion, then I used Fake Out and Thunder Wave on his Whimsicott. Next turn I Paralyse his Terrakion too and then he disconnects.

*Lol credit to Cybertron*

Day 1 (Started with 1500)
Day 2 (Started with 1556)
Day 3 (Started with 1636)
Day 4 (Started with 1685) didnt play at all really
Current Rating: 1685 | 27 battles
14 wins | 0 losses | 13 disconnections

Game 1: Japanese Player | 1456 | 2-0 Victory
Game 2: ALEXPAT from Mexico | 1500 | 4-2 Victory
Game 3: Japanese Player | 1498 | DC...It was 2-2 with my slight advantage
Game 4: ASH from California | 1480 | 3-0 Victory
Game 5: Japanese Player | 1532 | 2-0 Victory
Game 6: Griffin from Michigan | 1500 | 4-0 Victory
Game 7: Japanese Player | 1465 | Disconnection when I was up 4-1... :(((((
Game 8: Guerino from Quebec, Canada | 1464 | Disconnected even before team preview... x_x
Game 9: Oscar from Mexico | 1676 | 4-1 Victory
Game 10: Marc from Valencia, Spain | 1500 | 4-0 Victory
Game 11: Japanese Player | 1491 | Had this one. ANOTHER STUPID JAPANESE DC'er!!! ITS ONLY THE JAPPPPAANNEEESSSEE... :( ur supposed to b good at this
Game 12: Keith from wasnt looking | want looking... | 2-0 Victory despite 2 Ice Beam Freezes
Game 13: Syrx from Germany | 1705 | 3-0 Victory
Game 14: Japanese Player | 1605 | 3-0 Win for me and of course this Japanese does the same thing everyone else does. DC.
Game 15: Luisen from Mexico | 1505 | I was zapping through a rain team. the pachow DC
Game 16: Tenma from Chile | 1418 | 3-0 Victory
Game 17: Japanese Player | 1673 | DC'd while I was winning 2-1. Another Japanese DCer
Game 18: Hyunwoo from South Korea| 1468 | 4-3 Victory. Kudos for not wasting time. I was gonna win.
Game 19: Shiloh from Texas| 1700 | 3-0 Victory
Game 20: Mathieu from France| 1436 | 4-0 Victory
Game 21: Japanese Player| 1568 | 3-0 Victory
Game 22: Nate from Alberta, Canada| 1454 | DC right after Team Preview
Game 23: Japanese Player| 1617 | DC
Game 24: Korean Player with the Hax Gods on his side| 1523 | DC
Game 25: Japanese Player from Tokyo| 1716| DC before Team Preview. Dang my DC rate :(
Game 26: Japanese Player from Tokyo| 1807| DC I dont think he was trying, but still
Game 27: NEWTON from Mexico| 1790| DC before Team Preview OMFG

I actually have been getting less skilled opponents as time goes on, oh well, I'm glad that I'm getting lucky with matchups at least. Currently 5-0.

Someone called "BLACK" was quite good with with a standard (all shiny) VGC team. They forfeited though, so I'm on 8-0 at the moment.

EDIT: And on the ninth battle I get my first disconnect.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Came across a guy who brought only 4 Pokemon to the battle box. Granted, those 4 made a very effective team, but still it's not something I would do.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Latios used Draco Meteor!
Latios's attack missed!
Infernape used Overheat!
Infernape's attack missed!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Then a Heat Wave miss and a Hydro Pump miss later on. Somehow I still managed to scrape a win with my last Pokémon in yellow HP.

Next match: rain team. Should be an easy win, except Megahorn misses his Kingdra, Ludicolo survives Draco Meteor with like 2 HP, and Giga Drain crits my Jellicent which otherwise cockblocked his entire team.

WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THIS HAX

peng

policy goblin
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Currently 6-0.

First 3 matches were against japanese players who definitely knew what they were doing. I outplayed 2 of them pretty well to win with a late-game Fire Blast miss probably saving my ass against the 3rd. 4th opponent used an in-game team with strongth scald Emboar. 5th and 6th players were both spanish I think, and used standard hitmontop / zapdos / tyranitar / cresselia etc teams which my team matches-up really nicely against, so I was able to get 2 pretty easy wins there. I then found a 7th battle against another japanese player using a pretty standard vgc11 tr team with like jellicent / amoonguss / conkeldurr etc which i completely shut down and was about to flawlessly 4-0 and then they DC, right on queue. Guess I'm gonna have to get used to seeing that blue screen!

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Aha, off to an awful start. Played so badly it was unreal, so I'm 0-1 right now.

The music is doing my head in, and I'm really not a fan of this thirty minute timer, after just getting used to the 15 minutes of VGC. Oh well. I can't see myself sinking too much time into this. Too many menus, and I ahve a lot of stuff on right now. Good luck to anyone taking it seriously though!

Man, just lost two in a row and it brought me down to 6-2. The first loss was acceptable but the second one was due to two untimely critical hits and it's really annoying. Currently at 1547. Ugh -__-

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wednesday, March 21st: Day 1 (Started with 1500)
Current Rating: 1559 | 8 battles
6 wins | 1 losses | 1 disconnection

Game 1: U-Turn vs. Tristan | 1500 | 2-0 Victory
Game 2: U-Turn vs. Aizat | 1484 | 2-1 Victory
Game 3: U-Turn vs. Japan Player | 1497 | 2-1 D/C
Game 4: U-Turn vs. Adam | forgot to look at rating | 2-0 Victory
Game 5: U-Turn vs. Layouni | 1453 | 4-0 Victory
Game 6: U-Turn vs. Shiro* | 1470 | 4-0 Victory
Game 7: U-Turn vs. Haru | 1470 | 4-1 Victory
Game 8: U-Turn vs. Matthew | 1569 | 1-0 Loss

YO SOLACE NICE FORMAT WHERE'D YOU GET IT FROM?

6-1. My battles are getting really difficult because everyone I'm facing is Japanese :| Babbytron is at 1595 and is ahead of me. LOL.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sometimes you kind of feel like a disconnect will occur before you even send out your Pokemon:
eg. Tommy from Arizona, with 1558 and Pokemon who don't seem to be properly EV trained.

I'm currently at 15W - 3L - 4 D/C, 1638

Just broke 1600. Something I've noticed is that a ton of people seem to be using Salamence, which I usually don't see very much of, but maybe it's just the people I'm battling.

Currently 8-0

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Which reminds me, I've yet to see a single Zapdos. A nice change of pace from the SkarmBliss server if you ask me.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Just broke 1600. Something I've noticed is that a ton of people seem to be using Salamence, which I usually don't see very much of, but maybe it's just the people I'm battling.

Currently 8-0
I saw a ton of Special Salamence on GBU Rated Doubles. Draco Meteor, HP Flying, Fire Blast, Protect. Damn thing is a pain in the ass to take down without a Lati@s Draco Meteor.

Which reminds me, I've yet to see a single Zapdos. A nice change of pace from the SkarmBliss server if you ask me.
Really? Not counting mine, I see Zapdos a lot more than i see Thundurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)