General Introduce yourself!

Hello there humans! My name is Lost L. and I am new to the Smogon Forums but not a new player to Pokemon in general. I have been playing non-competitively until about 2 years ago. My friends introduced me to the Competitive side of Pokemon when I was 12 and I am now currently 14. I am an amateur OU player and to be honest not that decent at building teams. I am excited to grow in the future. Thank you for taking the time read this! :D

Hey there guys! My name is Tony and my online name is just my name backwards! I'm 22 and I've been playing pokemon since Red/Blue versions. I've always wanted to play pokemon against others, but in my time we could only fight over cable link and I had all of one friend to play with me lol.

I'm excited to finally be able to explore a competitive side of pokemon I've wanted to be a part of all these years!

Idk if adding a question here is alright, but I'm having trouble finding some already made up teams that I can learn with. Does anyone have a link to a guide or article with some teams that are good to learn the competitive scene with? I'm already familiar with pokemon showdown and I have it installed. I want to start playing/learning, but I'd like to learn more through battling before I try my hand at making my own team!

Is it from the Pokemon community on Google+? I think I'm a member there lol!

i herd u liek mudkipz? jkjk lol. I played a little bit of FFVI (or FFIII I guess), and the Metroid game from the 3DS Ambassador Program haha. That's really cool haha, Environmental Science is actually something I'm really interested in! Welcome to Smogon!

Mike already ninja'd me, but the VGC subforum is located here. Check it out when you can because it has tons of information. Welcome to Smogon!
Hi there! That is a pretty great reason to join lol. If you are interested in still playing doubles you can check out smogon doubles which has a completely different tier list including pokemon like deoxys attack being legal. If singles is your thing you can lurk in any of the tiers' respective subforums, if you want to know about other metagames you can pm/vm me good luck on starting smogon!
Thanks guys :D. I'll check out doubles (I like them more)

Hi everybody I'm Nite. Like most of you I'm a nerd with nerdy hobbies such as watching anime and playing video games. I've started getting into competitive play late B2/W2, and since Dragonite is my favorite Pokemon I ran the rain wall breaker set in a rain team (obviously). I was introduced into competitive Pokemon through the YouTube community; specifically shofu. I've been sporadically practicing the game and just recently started getting into ORAS. OU is my favorite tier, it's the tier I'm strongest at. I'm not super good, I'm average at best hence I can't surpass 1600 on the ladder. In the past few weeks I've been deeply inspired by pokeaimMD, so I decided to kick it up a notch and get more involved into all of this smogon fancy competitive stuff. I watch a lot of Joey's videos to learn from him, and hope that one day I will be on his level. I wanna partake in the big events that I still lack knowledge of, like Smogon Tour, SPL, Grand Slam, and whatnot. I have no clue what these are, I've never used Smogon other than it's dex data base and would like to branch out further so I decided it would be a good idea to start from here. Nice to meet you all, thank you for reading.

Hi everybody I'm Nite. Like most of you I'm a nerd with nerdy hobbies such as watching anime and playing video games. I've started getting into competitive play late B2/W2, and since Dragonite is my favorite Pokemon I ran the rain wall breaker set in a rain team (obviously). I was introduced into competitive Pokemon through the YouTube community; specifically shofu. I've been sporadically practicing the game and just recently started getting into ORAS. OU is my favorite tier, it's the tier I'm strongest at. I'm not super good, I'm average at best hence I can't surpass 1600 on the ladder. In the past few weeks I've been deeply inspired by pokeaimMD, so I decided to kick it up a notch and get more involved into all of this smogon fancy competitive stuff. I watch a lot of Joey's videos to learn from him, and hope that one day I will be on his level. I wanna partake in the big events that I still lack knowledge of, like Smogon Tour, SPL, Grand Slam, and whatnot. I have no clue what these are, I've never used Smogon other than it's dex data base and would like to branch out further so I decided it would be a good idea to start from here. Nice to meet you all, thank you for reading.
Hello Nite,
Reading your post I realized we have a lot in common. I also am trying to play at a higher level. We should play sometime I think we might close to the same skill level and maybe we can learn something from one another.

Hello

My name is Astyanax and I am a 15 year old girl from a country in South-America called Peru.

My hobbies include singing traditional Peruvian folklore (like my idol Wendy Sulca), and occasionally playing pokemon.

I like to draw and sing :3

I have made many friends since I started coming on PS!

People like Sken who is literally the worst mod; xJoelituh with whom I have an intimate relationship.

Perhaps the most influential person I have met in the chat is myself.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey I'm iiicarus I'm 23 years old and from Pittsburgh. I have been lurking around smogon since x and y came out and finally decided to join. I feel like I am a decent battler from all the reading I have done but I really want to get better. I also would like to make some new friends since I have none that competitively play.
Well, you've come to the right place! Welcome to Smogon!
Hi All,

Deystorm here.
My real name is Fredrik, and I come from Holland.
I am 21 years and I grew up with Pokémon Yellow.
Now I am looking for a bigger challenge, so I started to search a online Pokémon battling game.

So that is why I am here ;)
I really don't know all the strategies of battling with Pokémon.
I don't know which type is effective against the other's.
So I am basically a battler with no experience...

I hope you all will kindly help me getting in to effective battles!
I am going to end this post now, because it now gets very big.

Kind Regards,

Deystorm a.k.a. Fredrik
Hey there! We all have to start somewhere! Welcome to Smogon :)
Hey guys, my name is Blake and I have been playing Showdown about 5 years now. I'm not very good at teambuilding or battling, but at least I try.
Things about me: I am a gamer, my top 3 favorite series are:
#3: Mario kart
#2: Smash bros
#1: Pokemon
Also, I am a nerd and will do math.
ALSO, I need a profile pic.

somebody plz reply im lonely lol
lol cool! I like those games too, but hate math. Nice to meet you!
Hello there humans! My name is Lost L. and I am new to the Smogon Forums but not a new player to Pokemon in general. I have been playing non-competitively until about 2 years ago. My friends introduced me to the Competitive side of Pokemon when I was 12 and I am now currently 14. I am an amateur OU player and to be honest not that decent at building teams. I am excited to grow in the future. Thank you for taking the time read this! :D
That's nice to hear. Good luck with getting better!
Hey there guys! My name is Tony and my online name is just my name backwards! I'm 22 and I've been playing pokemon since Red/Blue versions. I've always wanted to play pokemon against others, but in my time we could only fight over cable link and I had all of one friend to play with me lol.

I'm excited to finally be able to explore a competitive side of pokemon I've wanted to be a part of all these years!

Idk if adding a question here is alright, but I'm having trouble finding some already made up teams that I can learn with. Does anyone have a link to a guide or article with some teams that are good to learn the competitive scene with? I'm already familiar with pokemon showdown and I have it installed. I want to start playing/learning, but I'd like to learn more through battling before I try my hand at making my own team!
You don't need to install Pokemon showdown, you can play it right from your browser! There are Sample Teams threads in all of the tier subforums, so you check that out. What tier are you learning? I can link you to where you need to go!
Ah, this might help you understand where everything is on the forums. Good luck and Welcome to Smogon!
Hello

My name is Astyanax and I am a 15 year old girl from a country in South-America called Peru.

My hobbies include singing traditional Peruvian folklore (like my idol Wendy Sulca), and occasionally playing pokemon.

I like to draw and sing :3

I have made many friends since I started coming on PS!

People like Sken who is literally the worst mod; xJoelituh with whom I have an intimate relationship.

Perhaps the most influential person I have met in the chat is myself.
Hey there! Peru seems like a cool place (My Spanish teacher used to live there and told my class all about it). Welcome to Smogon!

Hi, I'm Xmas121 and have been reading the Smogon forums since the start of gen 6 in order to find out what mega-evos were :p.
I've only created an account recently, when I wanted to become more involved with suspect discussions for BH rather than just sitting on the sidelines. My real name is God private, but you can call me Xmas. I'm 16, have been playing since gen 3, favourite region is Hoenn, favourite pokemon is Alakazam and like Other Metagames the most. I severely dislike the main tiers like OU (although I still have a team) and instead dedicate my time on PS to OM's like Balanced Hackmons and Stabmons. I live in New Zealand, love reading and gaming, and are currently searching for a life the perfect BH team core. I know a decent amount about EVs, IVs and competitive battling (Although not much about breeding), and really really want to get OR, but pocket money doesn't quite make it. I'm a sort of regular in the OM room on PS, and you'll find me desperately trying to achieve #1 on the Challenge Cup 1v1 ladder. Xmas out!

Minus

Hi, I'm Xmas121 and have been reading the Smogon forums since the start of gen 6 in order to find out what mega-evos were :p.
I've only created an account recently, when I wanted to become more involved with suspect discussions for BH rather than just sitting on the sidelines. My real name is God private, but you can call me Xmas. I'm 16, have been playing since gen 3, favourite region is Hoenn, favourite pokemon is Alakazam and like Other Metagames the most. I severely dislike the main tiers like OU (although I still have a team) and instead dedicate my time on PS to OM's like Balanced Hackmons and Stabmons. I live in New Zealand, love reading and gaming, and are currently searching for a life the perfect BH team core. I know a decent amount about EVs, IVs and competitive battling (Although not much about breeding), and really really want to get OR, but pocket money doesn't quite make it. I'm a sort of regular in the OM room on PS, and you'll find me desperately trying to achieve #1 on the Challenge Cup 1v1 ladder. Xmas out!
Hey there! I'm really be excited about ORAS too:) my friend unfixable is really knowledgeable about Other Metagames, try talking with him! Good luck and Welcome to Smogon

Hey there! I'm really be excited about ORAS too:) my friend unfixable is really knowledgeable about Other Metagames, try talking with him! Good luck and Welcome to Smogon
Thanks! It's awesome to see the amount of effort you guys put into making sure this site keeps running smoothly. :)

Hello, strangers! trainers! My name's DefluffehKeldeo, but you may call me Fluffeh Keldeo for short. (etc..) This is my first time being on this site & I would like to have some new friends on here! I like to draw 24/7 & I love playing the flute.

This is my first day on smogon, and I have to say after some technical difficulties that I'm thoroughly impressed with the site. I mainly play ou, and have had quite a few teams climb to the top 100, sorry no screen shots, I plan on spending a lot of time on the RMT forums. Also just a question, how do you make a RMT or where should I post it so the room moderators can see if it's worthy or not?

Minus

Hello, strangers! trainers! My name's DefluffehKeldeo, but you may call me Fluffeh Keldeo for short. (etc..) This is my first time being on this site & I would like to have some new friends on here! I like to draw 24/7 & I love playing the flute.
Hey there! You like to draw? Check out Smeargle's Studio then! Playing the flute is cool too, you seem like a talented person! Welcome to Smogon!
This is my first day on smogon, and I have to say after some technical difficulties that I'm thoroughly impressed with the site. I mainly play ou, and have had quite a few teams climb to the top 100, sorry no screen shots, I plan on spending a lot of time on the RMT forums. Also just a question, how do you make a RMT or where should I post it so the room moderators can see if it's worthy or not?
That's really cool n_n. You can post an RMT here, but be SURE you have read and understood the rules. Welcome to Smogon!

Hello, im BlizzGod Oras Username:Blizz
i just joined smogon and really like pokemon make sure to pm me and ask for battles cya! btw im 15

Hello, my name is One hitta quitta. I've been playing competitive pokemon on and off since mid to late B2W2. My schedule has been kinda cramped for a while, but to show my new found dedication, I went ahead and joined the site! Though I'll doubt that I have time for a mentor, I'm sure joining and participating in the site will help my skills somehow. It seems like all my tumblr images won't work on my avatar, wutever! Well, that's about it, peace out!

Hi guys,

My name is Dylan. I just joined. I've always wanted somewhere I can come to talked about Pokemon with people who enjoy it as much as me. I like discussing my teams with others and hearing about some of their teams as well! I started playing on Fire Red when I was around twelve and have played ever since. I have a lot of cards, a lot of games, and a lot of teams to discuss! You can PM me or whatever and I'll be happy to talk! I'm looking forward to the discussions that will happen and the friends I'll hopefully make!

Hello, I'm Charniodiscus. I joined having visited the site as a guest for a stupidly long time.

I started playing with Diamond, but only really got hooked after joining PS! as part of a monotype tournament with my friends.

I'm also pretty obsessed with palaeontology (especially that of my UK home turf), giving my name. Charniodiscus concentricus is a vendobiont from the Ediacaran of Leicestershire.

Hey Guys,

I'm Beamsnuzlocke and I am an insane Pokemon fan. I have been playing on Showdown for about a year now but am still not the greatest. I have played every generation but only got into the competitive side of things with X and Y. I hope I have a great time here and can contribute to the community.

Hello im Sexy McGoob, or just McGoob or just Sexy whichever you prefer lol. I have been on PS for i think 2-3 years now but im only learning about these threads now thanks to Skylight on the Lobby chatroom. I also heard about the mentorship program on here and would like to take that on as well as suggested by Skylight. I've known that contributing to chat can help you get promoted and have been doing so but i hope this can help me as well. BTW my favorite pokemon is Rayquaza and it is pronounced ray-KWAY-za for anyone who's still pronouncing it ray-QWA-za

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)