Metagame Inverse

OM

Stay safe everyone.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Hello! Mamp has resigned from inverse after leading it for gen 8. Thank you for all your work mamp :)

:kartana: :pheromosa: :regieleki: :spectrier: :naganadel:
After talking with the council, we have collectively decided to quickban all of Kartana, Pheromosa, Regieleki, Spectrier and Naganadel.

These pokemon benefit massively from Inverse's reflected typings, allowing their STAB attacks to hit like nukes due to less types and relevant pokemon resisting them, losing a lot of the issues they face in regular metas to a point where we believe they will be unhealthy for the metagame.

:tapu koko: :tapu bulu: :tapu lele: :dialga: :zamazenta-crowned:
We also would like to discuss whether to ban or unban the following pokemon: Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele, Dialga and Zamazenta-Crowned.

All three Tapus have been added to a watchlist due to their main STABS (electric, psychic and grass) being incredibly powerful, and when combined by their individual strength, along with being boosted by terrains, could push them over the edge. However, terrains have been nerfed this gen, and is this nerf able to keep them teetering or no?

As for Dialga and Zamazenta-Crowned, both uber pokemon have awful defensive types, and aren't exactly able to hit back / set up on pokemon, and the council is inclined to unban them. Thoughts?

Last edited:
All right! I think all of the quick-banned pokemons deserved to be banned because they're all extremely fast and strong and can sweep easily since 4/5 of them have an ability that boost their stats after a KO.

As for the others, I'm of the opinion that Zamazenta-C is an easy unban, it's walled by far too much and its defensive typing wears it down so much it's not even worth putting on a team most of the time. Even if you do put it on a team it's only truly effective against hyper offense most of the time and that's not really unique so meh.
I'm unsure about the other 4 for now. I believe Bulu is the strongest since it has the best offensive type out of the tapus. However, it doesn't have access to Grassy Glide and its scarf sets get outsped by Dragapult so offensive teams should be able to deal with it quite well. I'm scared of its wallbreaking potential with Swords Dance, powerful Wood Hammers and decent coverage but if the metagame can deal with Dracozolt and Urshifu, Tapu Bulu could be manageable.
Tapu Koko is very fast and uses boosted Electric moves but I believe it's manageable. It's easily walled by Articuno which seems to be one of the best new pokemon from the DLC and Chansey will likely still be a solid staple that's able to handle it. Regular Electric type counters are put in a rough spot since Zeraora and Rhyperior are hit super effectively by Brave Bird. It's a threat I could see getting banned but I'd like to see it in action more beforehand.
Tapu Lele seems overhyped since Indeedee with Expanding Force hits harder than Lele with Psychic and those two are wallbreakers. They even have the same speed so scarf sets are also competing with Indeedee and Indeedee even has trick. However, Tapu Lele will hits harder with moves such as Psyshock and it's bulkier so it works better with a Calm Mind set. Overall, Lele faces a lot more competition from Indeedee in Inverse since hitting harder matters more when Expanding Force has no immunities.
Dialga is an offensive monster. Dragon+Any Fire or Electric move gives it the neutral coverage it needs and 150 base special attack is scary. You pretty much need a really bulky special sponge to take it on and Goodra get 2hkoed by Fire Blast even with Assault Vest and heavy spdef investment. Basically, you need Chansey or Blissey to wall it. It has trouble switching in with its steel typing and has average speed so it can be manageable. If we want to see this thing unbanned, we'd have to be very careful with it in my opinion.,

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributor
As for Dialga and Zamazenta-Crowned, both uber pokemon have awful defensive types, and aren't exactly able to hit back / set up on pokemon, and the council is inclined to unban them. Thoughts?
You can't unban crowned zama only without making a complex ban or unbanning naked zama as well, unfortunately. Would have been a smart choice for sure though. Dialga is definitely strong, but at least it can't do much apart from being a relatively consistent specs nuke.

Currently you only play using the challenge format in the op:

/challenge [user], gen8ou@@@inversemod, -diggersby, -rillaboom, -spectrier, -regieleki, -pheromosa, -naganadel, -kartana, +zygarde
The op confusingly says:
Unbans
  • Cinderace, Magearna, Melmetal
I assume Zygarde is correct since it was recently banned from OU.
You can also play it (and most other OMs) on rom.psim.us, although I don't think it has crown tundra yet.
It does, I added it two weeks ago. (So it doesn't actually have the OU Zygarde ban yet.)

... I notice that the op now includes Zygarde in unbans, but I'm still not clear why the other three are there since they don't seem to be necessary for the /challenge command...

OM

Stay safe everyone.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
... I notice that the op now includes Zygarde in unbans, but I'm still not clear why the other three are there since they don't seem to be necessary for the /challenge command...
Didn't realize those three were unbanned from ou :P

Following this recent tiering thread and decision, as well as the feedback from those who have responded, the Inverse council has decided to unban Zamazenta-Crowned due to the reasons mentioned earlier.

Enjoy playing around with it!
Oh cool a NU level mon.

But yeah Zamazenta doesn't do anything noteworthy. It's walled by many common defensive staples and its good bulk means nothing when it takes super effective damage from rocks and most attacks. I don't think it's gonna be good.

On the other hand, I believe Dracozolt now has the ability to be a very scary threat thanks to Sand Rush. Under sand, it just looks like Regieleki: Have an electric immunity ready or take a loooooot of damage. Its sand rush partners can also be good with Stoutland having an unresisted normal stab (As long as you don't mind the lack of Body Slam or Double-Edge) and excadrill being a very hard hitting pokemon. Hippowdon and Tyranitar are also decent pokemons that see play outside of sand teams for their defensive utility. I think Dracozolt could become very strong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)