ITT we poorly describe popular movie plots and other people try to guess them

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jrrrrrrr said:
Vin Diesel crosses the border and finds they are not happy to see him and his friends.
Saving Private Ryan?
GOD DAMMIT HOW DID YOU GET THAT RIGHT YOU CHEATED

The only one from the OP that nobody got yet was:

These dudes are fighting in the street but the one that loses actually wins because he wanted to lose so he could win later but he lost in the end anyways

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
jrrrrrrrrrrrr is it that one rocky with mr t in it

also seconding pan's labyrinth re: nj

surprised no-one got "dude takes his kid for a walk" yet

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
boy's parents are murdered, changing his life forever in ways he and his sassy butler could never have imagined

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
An awkward 20 year old beats up a bunch of dudes, comes back to life, and plays bad rock music.

boy's parents are murdered, changing his life forever in ways he and his sassy butler could never have imagined
And its not Batman?

--

A group of friends take on new identities and skyrocket to stardom but are revealed to be posers.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Jesus christ, some of you are REALLY bad at this. Don't just describe the fucking plot to the movie word for word, you're supposed to spruce it up and make it obtuse and hard. Also, if you're not going to guess one that's already posted, don't fucking post new ones. You're cluttering up the thread.

Some guy is a cop except hes really not a cop hes actually a bad guy but he becomes a cop anyway and there's one cop who becomes a bad guy but hes actually a cop and the guy who's actually a bad guy pretending to be a cop has to find the other guy before its too late.

Faceoff? (Oh, the Departed. Nice.)

These dudes are fighting in the street but the one that loses actually wins because he wanted to lose so he could win later but he lost in the end anyways

This sounds like Rocky V but I don't know, I never saw it

2. A retired man gets back into business to attempt to help his brother make a big delivery. He makes the delivery at the last second but the final package is damaged and so the guy receiving the shipment gets upset. The two men get into a fight that involves breaking lots of wooden chairs and such before the bad guy falls to his death on a wooden box. The movie ends with the retired man, his brother, and all their friends eating outside.
Rofl, Gone in 60 Seconds.

A man is dying, and his last word is extremely cryptic and makes no sense on its own, so investigators spend the entire movie trying to figure out what the word means, while at the same time learning about the man's life as a media mogul. Eventually they give up, but the audience learns what it means, and it's something nobody who hasn't seen the movie--or doesn't have internet--ever expected.
Gotta be Citizen Kane.

Mine:

When their leader mistakenly dies, a group of strangers in the jungle must band together on a journey of survival and self-discovery.

A man who is forgotten forgets in return, and ends up right back where he started.

An officer investigates a case until he successfully finds himself guilty.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some guys stop the world from exploding from a giant twinkie

DM said:
When their leader mistakenly dies, a group of strangers in the jungle must band together on a journey of survival and self-discovery.
Lord of the Flies

A man inherits a huge sum of money, but as a condition of receiving it, he must spend a smaller but still large amount of money without telling anyone his intentions.
I have been trying to figure out what this movie is for like 6 years literally, I saw 5 mins of it and had to leave it looked good and I've never figured out what it was

Mine:

One of the Predator movies, maybe?

A man who is forgotten forgets in return, and ends up right back where he started.
Memento

An officer investigates a case until he successfully finds himself guilty.
Se7en?

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Immigrants from Russia come to America in escape from a predator that they all dislike only to find that this type of predator exists in America as well.

Who can guess this one. I'll give you a clue: it isn't Stuart Little.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Seneschal, none of your guesses are correct.

Tropic Thunder.
Dammit, I thought that would be harder.

I have been trying to figure out what this movie is for like 6 years literally, I saw 5 mins of it and had to leave it looked good and I've never figured out what it was
It's Brewster's Millions with Richard Pryor.

Damn, I meant to answer Brewster's Millions when I answered V for Vendetta and How to Train your Dragon.

Anyway, @Acklow: That's gotta be An American Tail. I loved that movie.

Since both of mine have been solved correctly I'll add another one later today.

lolSoundofMusic

Acklow

Damnit Wikey, you got it. I agree the movie was great. I didn't think someone would've guessed so quickly.

Okay here's another one:

A musically inclined nun marries a rich and powerful man who has a bunch of kids.

itt this is a great thread

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
expensive statue goes missing and a bunch of people wanna find it

I'm going to try and stump you guys with a few movies. Hopefully they are not too easy...

• An imaginary government agency hires a gifted teacher of mathematics. (Solved, A Beautiful Mind)
  • A man, who in another life works in a hospital, returns to his home town in New Jersey for his mothers funeral. (Solved, Garden State)
  • The life of a teenage old boy is placed in the hands of a dozen men who must decide what to do with him. (Solved, 12 angry men)

Acklow

itt, ButteredToast the first one is A Beautiful Mind.

And dang I need to start making these harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)