ITT we poorly describe popular movie plots and other people try to guess them

Status
Not open for further replies.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh my god i was just gonna post with some and poppy's second is the same as mine xDDD

it's lost in translation, no doubt inspired by seeing terminal up ^ there?

thrid is donnie darko

OK:

racist old man with sweet ride frames(??) neighbourhood for murder

eta: stellar thread

A retired athlete gets recruited in a game that will decide the fate of a mystical land.
Space Jam

Edit: A guy gets laid off and is completely broke, but manages to lie his way into a position where he meets some people with the talents needed to get him back on his feet, if he can teach them how to use them without being caught.

Four misfits (a cowboy, a loser, and two Action Girls) have to defend themselves against unrelenting hordes of the undead.

A group of guys walk somewhere and throw something stupid into a volcano.
Lord of the Rings

a teenage boy is plagued with visions of a bunny and obsessions about time travel
Donnie Darko (awesome)

Four misfits (a cowboy, a loser, and two Action Girls) have to defend themselves against unrelenting hordes of the undead.
Zombieland

racist old man with sweet ride frames(??) neighbourhood for murder
Gran Torino

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A sacred idol is stolen and a villager is sent to retrieve it from the corrupt, crippled man who stole it. Along the way he finds an estranged former villager who becomes an unwilling accomplice to the villager. People try to kill the villager, the villager goes apeshit and pulls some really cool free running stunts. In between attacks the villager fights in illegal fighting circles for money. In the end the estranged villager dies to save the idol.

EDIT: Good job Az!

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
you guys are so slow!!

dude takes his kid for a walk

eta: is texas's ong bak??

eta2 - temperantia ^ is right

poppy the point was not to explain exactly what a movie is like

a couple of African missionaries board an airplane

everyone is focused on cups and birds

val kilmer kisses dudes, curses

a robot whore distracts an entire city

the nature of banking perplexes a formerly stable man

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
girl has to go through series of trials to rejoin her father but you aren't sure if any of it really happened at all
(pans labyrinth)

girl has to go through series of trials to rejoin her father but you aren't sure if any of it really happened at all
Pan's Labyrinth

a robot whore distracts an entire city
I can't decide between Fifth Element or Metropolis

Reposting mine from Page 1:

Time's told backwards as some guy kills many people because he is mentally dysfunctional and a cop is sort of a dick.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hamlet, circa Walt Disney (GlassAbsol is correct)

A spy attempts to stop nuclear destruction, Wierd Al Yankovic sings the opening title sequence

A guy proves that even kings can bleed (Tempermantia is correct)

An illiterate women who later becomes a nazi has sex with a 15 year old dude who later studies law and observes the women's trial

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hamlet, circa Walt Disney
The Lion King?

A guy with ugly teeth is cryogenically frozen and awakes to save the world from a penis.

A girl eats an apple.

A tribe of primitive bears destroys a troop of high tech soldiers with rocks and logs.

High school boys don't want to be virgins anymore.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
A retired athlete gets recruited in a game that will decide the fate of a mystical land.

A group of guys walk somewhere and throw something stupid into a volcano.
Space Jam

Lord of the Rings

An amnesiac pursues his identity and meets an attractive woman while being followed by a corporation.
Bourne series (you may want to tone down the hints, I got this despite having never seen the series)

Temperantia, yours is Memento. No one got my second one yet. Thought my first was harder.

NixHex. 1st is Austin Powers. Third is Star Wars VI.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Terrorist brings down totalitarian regime with the power of poetry.

fun thread idea jrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)